Looking for a job

Bellefontaine, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2011

Anyone looking for a job, I just heard that that Midwest Express is adding a lot of full time jobs in the next few months (200 new jobs). I guess they are hiring without going through the temp joint. Just thought I would let folks know.
Interested and Excited

Bellefontaine, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2011

Looking for a job wrote:
Anyone looking for a job, I just heard that that Midwest Express is adding a lot of full time jobs in the next few months (200 new jobs). I guess they are hiring without going through the temp joint. Just thought I would let folks know.
Thats great news and thank you for getting the word out! Did I hear correctly that Honda and other plants will be hiring too?
Interested and Excited

Bellefontaine, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2011

Oh and by the way, what is the best way to get an application? I heard that when AGC is hiring, applicants should go to Job and Family Services to apply for positions. Just a ??
truck driver

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2011

Midwest Express ahd a hiring event last Tuesday.The applicants were told they also had to apply thru temp company.
thinking

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2011

Judged:

cant find 200 people in logan county that wants a job welfare pays too well and they might have to get up before noon
who knows

Bucyrus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2011

Judged:

Interested and Excited wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats great news and thank you for getting the word out! Did I hear correctly that Honda and other plants will be hiring too?
mei will be doing honda work at all honda plants. honda sold out there full time workers with 20 plus years in material service to get mei workers to do the same job for half the pay and no benefits. thanks honda,who's next on your chopping block list.
soft patch traction dude

West Liberty, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2011

do i get 2 drive the minivan.....?..~~Baby!
Cletus

Marengo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2011

soft patch traction dude wrote:
do i get 2 drive the minivan.....?..~~Baby!
no,you getta ride the short bus.
wondering

Centerburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2011

you dont have to apply through atemp service, apply online duh
HUH

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2011

who knows wrote:
<quoted text> mei will be doing honda work at all honda plants. honda sold out there full time workers with 20 plus years in material service to get mei workers to do the same job for half the pay and no benefits. thanks honda,who's next on your chopping block list.
Pretty certain that Midwest employees receive benefits; actually similar benefits to that of the employees of the big H.

So what is happening to the material service workers? Did they get laid off or are they going to have to return to the line and earn their money?
Jim Lahey

Marysville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2011

Judged:

Enjoy your 9 dollar an hour starting wage and zero days vacation.
wrong

Mesquite, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2011

Judged:

who knows wrote:
<quoted text> mei will be doing honda work at all honda plants. honda sold out there full time workers with 20 plus years in material service to get mei workers to do the same job for half the pay and no benefits. thanks honda,who's next on your chopping block list.
Your wrong they are just moving the MS people back to the line. And MEI people do have Benefits that are just as good as honda.
MEI worker

Fredericktown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2011

I work at Mei, yea we do have really good benefits and insurance as well! Yea we are hiring alot of people. They do have to go through employment plus and work for at least 90 days then has the chance of getting hired in full time, as long as you can actually show up to work and do your job, you shouldnt have a problem getting hired! The only thing is they made changes a few years back about vacation and retirement. The 9 dollars a hour might be true but we top out at 14.40 or more depending on your job. Its not our fault that honda gave us more jobs that required us to take there "job" They still do have a job, just a different position. You know some of us are as you call losing our job, cause of the move. So we are in the same boat having to do a different job.
Jim Lahey

Marysville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2011

MEI worker wrote:
I work at Mei, yea we do have really good benefits and insurance as well! Yea we are hiring alot of people. They do have to go through employment plus and work for at least 90 days then has the chance of getting hired in full time, as long as you can actually show up to work and do your job, you shouldnt have a problem getting hired! The only thing is they made changes a few years back about vacation and retirement. The 9 dollars
a hour might be true but we top out at 14.40 or more depending on your job. Its not our fault that honda gave us more jobs that required us to take there "job" They still do have a job, just a different position. You know some of us are as you call losing our job, cause of the move. So we are in the same boat having to do a different job.
You forgot to mention that new hires get 0 days vacation their first year and only one day every year after until you get ten. That is a load of BS.
Disclaimer

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2011

Jim- What about shutdowns? In theory you get two weeks right from the beginning as long as MEI pays shutdown.
Jim Lahey

Marysville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2011

Disclaimer wrote:
Jim- What about shutdowns? In theory you get two weeks right from the beginning as long as MEI pays shutdown.
Yes, you get shutdown, but I will have 22 days vacation plus 2 paid shutdowns and a pension. Sounds much better than no vacation and no pension. If people are willing to accept less all the time, then eventually we will all be working for minimum wage and no benefits.
ppl needs jobs

Fredericktown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2011

Judged:

Jim Lahey wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you get shutdown, but I will have 22 days vacation plus 2 paid shutdowns and a pension. Sounds much better than no vacation and no pension. If people are willing to accept less all the time, then eventually we will all be working for minimum wage and no benefits.
At least its a job. No one said it was the greatest!! So why was you looking for a good. Sounds like you have a great one..
ppl needs jobs

Fredericktown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2011

*job not good
MEI - WIFE

Bellefontaine, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2011

My husband just got hired on MEI. and yes you have to go to the temp. service in Marysville but you do not work for them as a temp. they are hiring as full time MEI workers. He just had his orientation this week and starts the end of July. The starting wage is 10 something with benefits. They are planning on hiring like 400 ppl by the end of August.
mei worker

Fredericktown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2011

MEI - WIFE wrote:
My husband just got hired on MEI. and yes you have to go to the temp. service in Marysville but you do not work for them as a temp. they are hiring as full time MEI workers. He just had his orientation this week and starts the end of July. The starting wage is 10 something with benefits. They are planning on hiring like 400 ppl by the end of August.
Congrats!! Happy someone was able to clear about the wages and benefits..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Bellefontaine Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Bellefontaine People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••