Is Charles Polk still in charge and functioning well

Posted in the Beckley Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
State of Charles Polk

Beckley, WV

#1 May 7, 2011
I am very worried about Dr. Polk. How is his health. Is he okay. Kelly Mays seems to be speaking for him in meetings and at other me meetings.

Is he okay?
MSU faculty

Beckley, WV

#2 May 7, 2011
I heard he depends on Kelly Mays more and more to direct him. She is worried about him.

Kelly thinks of Polk as a father figure.
1 post removed
msu faculty

Beckley, WV

#4 May 7, 2011
We have no share governance! This is a joke.
msu Wewondered

Beckley, WV

#5 May 7, 2011
We will watch Polk carefully. This is very interesting and could explain Artis and White out of control!
jenza

United States

#6 May 7, 2011
State of Charles Polk wrote:
I am very worried about Dr. Polk. How is his health. Is he okay. Kelly Mays seems to be speaking for him in meetings and at other me meetings.

Is he okay?
Hes fine him and white are off promoting their latest book. Good lord If you were worried you would ask him not post on topix
State of Charles Polk

Beckley, WV

#7 May 7, 2011
Thank goodness. Several of the faculty were talking like he was out of it. They asserted that this is why Artis and White were seemingly running out of control with their emotionality. He should really get them under control. It makes people think is has lost control I guess.

This is a relief. Thanks for sharing.
charlespolk

Beckley, WV

#8 May 7, 2011
How old is Polk anyway? If nothing else time will get him. I heard hs is about 72? Is this right>
wondering

Mount Hope, WV

#9 Aug 12, 2011
will the school close. that is the rumor right now.

Since: Jun 11

United States

#10 Aug 12, 2011
Polk just qualified for Medicare so he's around 65. He needs to stop promoting that stupid book and start writing his resignation letter!
Kelly Mays Polk

Beckley, WV

#11 Aug 12, 2011
msu faculty wrote:
We have no shared governance! This is a joke.
Why do you want shared governance? It is one man show.

Since: Jun 11

United States

#12 Aug 12, 2011
MSU faculty wrote:
I heard he depends on Kelly Mays more and more to direct him. She is worried about him.
Kelly thinks of Polk as a father figure.
She thinks of Polk as someone she can flirt with, bat her eye lashes at, and use his shoulder to cry on. Father figure my A*#. She needs to worry about doing her job and stop kissing Polks ass!! Come next June a lot of people will be screwed because of those 2 and a few others at that school.
MSU sux

Beckley, WV

#13 Aug 13, 2011
wondering wrote:
will the school close. that is the rumor right now.
My bet is the school will lose all their accreditation. Once regional goes so will the others. Nothing can get done when there are a bunch of greedy cut throat adminstrators running the show. All of the VP's and Polk should go. I laugh at the billboard signs and commercials that state Success Starts at MSU. The signs should state Failure Starts at MSU.
Failure Starts at MSU

Beckley, WV

#14 Aug 14, 2011
MSU sux wrote:
<quoted text>
Failure Starts at MSU.
Close all except Beckley campus. People should call Congressman Nick Rahal. Nick should ask Polk to leave MSU, immediately.

Failure starts at Polk and ends at Polk. Polk is 69 years old.

Polk has at least five female [young] VPs while his wife is 200 miles away? Can he save their position until next May? He will either marry Kelly and leave MSU or fire her by next May and remain as President of MSU accredited by none.
Be concerned

Elkins, WV

#15 Aug 16, 2011
Eventually the school will be taught by more adjunct faculty than full time faculty. Full time professors beware. This will be Polk's way of saving money so he and his ladies can keep living off the backs of the economically poor students. Gotta keep the ladies in Botox and the trips The Greenbrier going....
no heisnot

United States

#16 Aug 21, 2011
Dr. Polk trusted the likes of

Roslyn Artis
Ruth Wylie
Kelly Mays
William White among others...

He is not been making decisions...this cause the school to close.

He has not even been on campus for the most part.

It is time for criminal investigations...Send any and all information you have to the attorney general, North Central Accreditation, the CCNE, the NLN, and Davin White of the Charleston Gazette...

There is much, much MMMMMMMMMMMuch for that will be coming out on MSU.

If you are an employee, student, or faculty...I would get out while you can.
clowns

United States

#17 Aug 21, 2011
What a bunch of clowns!!!!!!!!!! LOL The laughing stock of higher education. LOL>>>>>
no heisnot wrote:
Dr. Polk trusted the likes of
Roslyn Artis
Ruth Wylie
Kelly Mays
William White among others...

He is not been making decisions...this cause the school to close.
He has not even been on campus for the most part.
It is time for criminal investigations...Send any and all information you have to the attorney general, North Central Accreditation, the CCNE, the NLN, and Davin White of the Charleston Gazette...
There is much, much MMMMMMMMMMMuch for that will be coming out on MSU.
If you are an employee, student, or faculty...I would get out while you can.
clowns

United States

#18 Aug 21, 2011
Polk has taken so much money from this school a criminal investigation is needed.

These are criminals not educators.
Be concerned wrote:
Eventually the school will be taught by more adjunct faculty than full time faculty. Full time professors beware. This will be Polk's way of saving money so he and his ladies can keep living off the backs of the economically poor students. Gotta keep the ladies in Botox and the trips The Greenbrier going....

Level 1

Since: Oct 11

Penn Laird, VA

#19 Oct 18, 2011
has own opinion wrote:
<quoted text> She thinks of Polk as someone she can flirt with, bat her eye lashes at, and use his shoulder to cry on. Father figure my A*#. She needs to worry about doing her job and stop kissing Polks ass!! Come next June a lot of people will be screwed because of those 2 and a few others at that school.
Do you think her husband knows about her and Dr. POLK?
Mays Alexander ArtisLOL

United States

#20 Oct 18, 2011
Kelley Mays, Roslyn Artis, and Cynthia Alexander not to mention that pitiful secretary have all "fancied" Polk or they would not be in the positions. Stop flirting, batting eyes, and more and they would be out shortly.
Everyone has known this for a long time. It would be funny if it were not sick.
Mays and the others look at Polk like they are totally hypnotized and in love. It is really crazy to watch. Artis is so worried about her "man" LOL It is funny she has two short men (Polk and the husband) and still wears the hooker shoes.
She needs to "slide" down the pervergial pole with those shoes and right out the door with the rest.
LCHATER wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think her husband knows about her and Dr. POLK?
Charles Polk MSU

United States

#21 Dec 1, 2011
Has anyone heard that Polk is having trouble formunlating sentences?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Private mobile home lot 16 min Dee 4
why do black men prefer white women? (May '14) 3 hr Caitie 392
Jeb Bush exploring 2016 POTUS run 4 hr FDG 41
worthless mothers who loses 5 kids one is Rache... 4 hr josh martin 4
Drug roundup in Raleigh Co. nets 28 arrests 5 hr In three dollar bill 1
white girl 5 hr Robert 7
Barbra Meadows snitching again 6 hr CWM 13
Beckley Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Beckley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Beckley News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Beckley

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:57 am PST

NBC Sports11:57AM
Ron Rivera: Cam Newton "probably" starts on Sunday
NBC Sports 1:35 PM
Jimmy Clausen: 'Gained knowledge' since last start in 2010
NBC Sports 3:55 PM
Antonio Brown: 'Guys are hungry, motivated'
NBC Sports 4:01 PM
Kelvin Benjamin: Can't take anybody for granted
Bleacher Report 7:08 PM
Biggest Questions Facing Steelers This Offseason