Death of steal workers union at ARH Hospital

Posted in the Beckley Forum

Union buster

Beckley, WV

#1 Mar 18, 2013
As many of you know its time for ARH to strike yet again, this time however it will and likely be the last unless one vital change is made. The union is finally about to die off once and for all. Unbeknownst to the union workers they voted in a policy that allows new workers to not get a raise for 5 years. Sure it kept those already there safe but not thinking about future jobs vs yourselves kills a union. The plot is genius and used to bust unions all over the US with a 10-15 year plan. The plan is quite simple, 5 years to get a raise, means new hires will always be looking for a new job that gives them raises keeping turnover high which breeds a work force that will never be union loyal. Second part of the plan, every year employees retire or pass away or move ect. And before you know it, there are not enough union loyal people to keep your union voted in to place. This technique is a 10-15 year plan to weed out enough retired union loyal people along with those starving for raises. This april marks the second term of this 5 year no raise clause for new employees. And as of april first ARH will probably strike yet again, but you do choose to strike do so for the right reasons, getting rid of the 5 year clause is key if you wish to have a union at all. if you really wish to strike I support you on that, however if you wish to keep your union, the only way it will survive is to get rid of this 5 year raise clause and at least push it to a year, if not you will never get union loyal people to stay, why the hell would they? If they cant get a raise for 5 years? Anyhow food for thought, or else say good bye to your union in 2 contract seasons. PS, the government has a loop hole pertaining to unions, if you have enough people to vote it out, it gets voted out no matter how hard you cry ARH to be closed for a year.....

Good luck, you're going to need it!
Union supporter

Beckley, WV

#2 Mar 18, 2013
This tactic is TRUE!!!!!!!! They use it to bust unions over a 10 to 15 year period and it works every time! Starve the new hires so they keep a high turn over so they have no faith in the union, then when all your union people have enough of them to retire off, it leaves you with exactly enough disgruntled people to vote it out. Also be informed, go to your union reps, demand a written copy of what they are fighting for, it is your union right to request a copy of the issues on the table. It is also your right to request a copy from the corporation to see what they are offering, that way every employee effected by the union and the company have an informed decision. Raises, healthcare, sick time, vacation time, those must be your primary issues if your union is to survive. And if I were you, being a retired coal miner I can tell you this, that five year clause that you and your fellow union members decided to accept will be the death of your union if you do not change it.

I pray to god enough people for your sakes are wise enough to realize this. Its not just thinking about yourselves, but the people that are not there yet is the continued life blood of a union.
Grill

Beckley, WV

#3 Mar 18, 2013
Those old apartments got torn down recently !! Built in 1953 54 area when the UMWA built the hospital.
Grill

Beckley, WV

#4 Mar 18, 2013
Odd Your union at the hospital and the UMWA fighting Peabody at the same time both fighting for there lives after opening near 58 years ago !!
Funny I got a phone call last evening from one of the original Doctors that worked there asking about my mother ? He now lives in Michigan ! And the Doctors then still lived in REAL NICE houses today some are 330,000 area today then 39,000 then and another today 189,000 then 38,000 and in real nice neighborhoods !! That hospital created a lot of house construction in the 50s and up !!
This hospital is the last hospital that had White Doctors for the last 40 years we Imported our health care providers !! And they built Mansion Hi $$$ and there stuck with them Ugly Houses that some costing USED 800 grand and up !!
it will happen

Beckley, WV

#5 Mar 18, 2013
Yeah we are going on strike!
Stand Strong

Richmond, KY

#6 Mar 27, 2013
Please Stand strong and stick together. This so called tentative agreement is not acceptable. We deserve what is fair and this is not fair, especially the new hires. We at the other ARH's are with you in unity!
truthful

Alexandria, VA

#7 Mar 28, 2013
Where can a superb RN sign up to cross ur picket lines? Healthcare is no place for a union! Leaving ur community and pts without ur expertise? Really concerned, eh? Hope ur family doesnt suffer because of ur greed
wvu

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Mar 28, 2013
Stand Strong wrote:
Please Stand strong and stick together. This so called tentative agreement is not acceptable. We deserve what is fair and this is not fair, especially the new hires. We at the other ARH's are with you in unity!
No. Everyone else has made cutbacks in these hard times. Just because your in a union doesn't mean your immune to this. Get real. A strike would hurt everyone involved. Get over your pissing contest and get back to work.
Hello

Mount Hope, WV

#9 Mar 29, 2013
truthful wrote:
Where can a superb RN sign up to cross ur picket lines? Healthcare is no place for a union! Leaving ur community and pts without ur expertise? Really concerned, eh? Hope ur family doesnt suffer because of ur greed
The RNs are not in this union; at least know a little bit about something before you comment.
wvu

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Mar 30, 2013
Stand Strong wrote:
http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/200684701....

Contract passed. Glad to see most were smarter than you.
truthful

Beckley, WV

#11 Apr 22, 2013
Hello wrote:
<quoted text>
The RNs are not in this union; at least know a little bit about something before you comment.
Umm....I know the RNs arent in the same union but u wldve taken ANY nurse to fill those holes in the schedule

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PO PO got Steve Webb 33 min Wow 2
Republicans give up on Benghazi 40 min Wolf 15
wtf beckley pd 1 hr Cop confrontation 42
President Obama to lay out is Immigration plan ... 1 hr Lesson Learned 56
Dr. Matthew Nelson (Oct '11) 3 hr Shady Mom 65
Ferguson protests planned everywhere if Darren ... 3 hr ConcernedCitizen 10
More Coal Miner Layoff's Over Weekend 3 hr Econgeekon 44
why do black men prefer white women? (May '14) 5 hr 1980will 353
Beckley Dating
Find my Match