ohhsguy

United States

#164 Mar 27, 2012
Melvin cox..randy cox...mike dillion and eric meeks
What

Beckley, WV

#165 Mar 27, 2012
Boxer wrote:
Frank Priddy said he smacked a few chumps around in the mid 80's.
Frank Priddy was a chump!
badd medicine

Beckley, WV

#166 Mar 28, 2012
randy cox
True

Chesapeake, VA

#167 Mar 28, 2012
I remember back in the day there was a little tavern in Ansted Wv, where supposedly the baddest fighter in Fayette Co, did all his drinking and would fight anybody who was up for the challenge. I was sorta young at the time and was in there with this an older friend when this GI came in and set down with me and my friend and ordered a beer minding his own business, when Mann, that was his name said something to the GI to cause a fight, the GI told Mann that he didn't want any trouble that he was there just for a drink and would be on his way, Mann just wouldn't leave this GI alone and insisted on fighting him! The GI paid his tab, as we were leaving, Mann laid a hand on the GI, it was the worst thing that Mann could have done! That little GI whipped his azz so bad that Mann had to retire from going to that tavern and has never faught again. That little GI was my Brother who was in special something in the Army at the time and was trained in martial arts or something like that.. My Brother did not ask for the fight and the State Police said he had the right to defend himself and no charges were filed. My Bro went to the Montgomery Hosp the next day to pay Mann a visit. My Bro said he did not enjoy what he did to that guy, but if he had not put him down, Mann would have hurt him. So all you baddass fighters out there, remember, it's the little unknowns you should wory about.
baseball star

Bluefield, WV

#168 Apr 5, 2012
haha wrote:
Bobby Gravely couldn't whip a cat. I can't believe anybody would even name him by accident. I saw him get his clock cleaned by a car salesman he mouthed off to.
You must have not been there, Bobby cleaned that dudes clock his face was so hammered up and all Bob had was skinned knuckles...the dude musta had 150 pounds on Bobby, But back in the day ol BG was a bad dude and a real nice guy till you f'd with him

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Danielson, CT

#169 Jun 25, 2012
Mickey was a natural fighter- got to know him in golden gloves.
duh

Beckley, WV

#170 Jun 25, 2012
mmastrong wrote:
agreed on mickey udy i knew him when i was young very bad dude another guy to mention rd calhoun he is a ninth degree black belt and is my judo,karate,and jits instructor and steve hatcher 8th degree black belt probably toughest guys around period.
RD yes.
Hatcher, haha nope.
sucker punch

Tarboro, NC

#171 Jun 25, 2012
Most guys who think they are so bad nowdays will come up from behind and sucker punch someone then brag how they whipped ass. A person who sucker punches is the worst coward on earth. A person who bullys someone into fighting that does not want to fight is the biggest pus** alive.
haha

Beckley, WV

#172 Jun 25, 2012
"Baseball star", YOU must've not been there. Bobby Graveley went to the ER. The only punch he landed was the sucker punch the guy never saw coming. The other guy, who was a friend of mine, had only a slight black eye. He picked up Graveley and threw him into a coffee table. Graveley's head looked like a football. Graveley went downtown to the city police to complain and was nearly laughed out of the building. If he's such a bada$$, why did he sucker punch the guy while his head was turned? Why did he run to the cops? I was in the showroom and saw what happenened. The sales manager pulled the big guy off Graveley.

I heard the other guy called and invited him outside a few weeks later, and Graveley never showed up! Yeah, he's a real bad dude!

Of course, you think you're a baseball star, so you're probably delusional.
Love It

Pineville, WV

#173 Jun 25, 2012
True wrote:
I remember back in the day there was a little tavern in Ansted Wv, where supposedly the baddest fighter in Fayette Co, did all his drinking and would fight anybody who was up for the challenge. I was sorta young at the time and was in there with this an older friend when this GI came in and set down with me and my friend and ordered a beer minding his own business, when Mann, that was his name said something to the GI to cause a fight, the GI told Mann that he didn't want any trouble that he was there just for a drink and would be on his way, Mann just wouldn't leave this GI alone and insisted on fighting him! The GI paid his tab, as we were leaving, Mann laid a hand on the GI, it was the worst thing that Mann could have done! That little GI whipped his azz so bad that Mann had to retire from going to that tavern and has never faught again. That little GI was my Brother who was in special something in the Army at the time and was trained in martial arts or something like that.. My Brother did not ask for the fight and the State Police said he had the right to defend himself and no charges were filed. My Bro went to the Montgomery Hosp the next day to pay Mann a visit. My Bro said he did not enjoy what he did to that guy, but if he had not put him down, Mann would have hurt him. So all you baddass fighters out there, remember, it's the little unknowns you should wory about.
I love it when someone that thinks they are big and bad gets the shit beat out of them..LOL. I say hats off to your brother for beating that guys ass but it's a damn shame your brother had to do that because that guys stupidity! I bet ole Mann thought twice the next time he thought he was gonna bully another..LOL. The old motto is still and always will be the same, "The bigger they are, the harder they fall"..LOL. Just because someone is big and fat doesn't mean they can hurt, or whoop up on a smaller person...Once a big person gets down, they have a hell of a time trying to get back up and in the meantime you can really do some damage to them!!
A Curious Mind

Severn, MD

#174 Jun 26, 2012
This thread has been fun to read! So in conclusion, the best male bar fighter seems to have been Mr. Udy (who actually died in 1980). Who was the best female bar fighter during the same time period?!?
uhm

Roanoke, VA

#175 Jul 1, 2012
The Guy from mabscott was Garfield Blevins.
uhm

Roanoke, VA

#176 Jul 1, 2012
Does anyone know who that white boy that beat the brakes off that black guy Karl Cousins at that Mar legends in the mid 80's? That dude is lethal. 80s. I'll. Never forget that
LOL

Beckley, WV

#177 Jul 1, 2012
informed citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Worthless topic, but poster joey is hoping that he'll be named as "the winner". Speaking of the winner, he should listen to the old Bobby Bare song...hopefully joey taught his children better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =JRWlnv0_svUXX
If it's a Worthless topic then why even stick around?
Tuffchick

Tarboro, NC

#178 Jul 2, 2012
Ive seen Larry avancini knock everyone yal listed heads in the ground. He whoope udys ass at timeout with billiejoe McCoy at same time.
Tuffchick

Tarboro, NC

#179 Jul 2, 2012
Lete rephrase that whooped. Billie joe and udy at same time.
love chicks

Tarboro, NC

#180 Jul 2, 2012
Tuffchick wrote:
Lete rephrase that whooped. Billie joe and udy at same time.
any "chick" that uses the term "tuff" is defeinitely not a "tuff chick", maybe a tough old ugly hen. The wrd tuff means hot and attractive. Chicks who fight or think it is cool to fight wil never be attractive or hot. They will just grow old and worn out, when they reach 40, they are done, all worn out and even uglier.
Sheetz

Newnan, GA

#181 Jul 4, 2012
Saw this smaller guy at sheetz a few weeks ago drop a big coal miner right in the parking lot. Was a good laugh
Lucky to grow old myself

Oak Hill, WV

#182 Jul 10, 2012
The night Mickey was killed was a tough night for many who liked him as a friend...The only reason he was shot was FEAR...I truly had respect for him as a boxer/fighter/brawler...he was TOUGH as many others of this era were, but alcohol changes many people...if I am not mistaken he had already kicked Dean's ass once that evening...Two things we should remember...Very few people actually fight as we did "back in the day"...Now it is with a gun, knife, or gang...The second thing is when youre dead...youre dead...and as in Mickeys case it only took a small amount of lead to kill a very good guy...It can happen to anyone...THINK!
nmiller51

Columbus, GA

#183 Jul 20, 2012
Does anyone remember who the guy was that owned the vending machines at places in Beckley in the 1970s? He came into Billy Joes at the old Elks club and got his money out and serviced the machines every few days. He was slender and wore a lot of gold jewelry and was in his 40s then. He was a nice guy and i wonder if he is still living. Any info. is appreciated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jeb Bush exploring 2016 POTUS run 22 min FDG 41
worthless mothers who loses 5 kids one is Rache... 43 min josh martin 4
Drug roundup in Raleigh Co. nets 28 arrests 1 hr In three dollar bill 1
white girl 1 hr Robert 7
Barbra Meadows snitching again 2 hr CWM 13
New director at RCCAA 2 hr Who was 2
applebees beckley (Apr '11) 3 hr Bosticgirl 11
Beckley Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web