Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Nov 22, 2011
Help please

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Nov 15, 2011
 
When does Raleigh County Schools dismiss for Thanksgiving vacation?
Challenger

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Nov 15, 2011
 
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday according to the calender they issue.
Correct

Buckhannon, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 15, 2011
 
We only go Monday and Tuesday of next week. :)
ridiculous

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 21, 2011
 
It's ridiculous that the kids have to watch movies for 2 days this week instead of having the whole week off.
Mountaineer

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Nov 21, 2011
 
ridiculous wrote:
It's ridiculous that the kids have to watch movies for 2 days this week instead of having the whole week off.
No, it's ridiculous that your children's teachers are showing movies for two days, wasting this valuable instruction time. It is no wonder that students in the United States globally rank #22 in science,#27 in math, and #33 in reading. Our students lag behind their counterparts in the Czech Republic, Korea, Iceland, and France. Sad.
a parent

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Nov 21, 2011
 
Mountaineer wrote:
<quoted text>No, it's ridiculous that your children's teachers are showing movies for two days, wasting this valuable instruction time. It is no wonder that students in the United States globally rank #22 in science,#27 in math, and #33 in reading. Our students lag behind their counterparts in the Czech Republic, Korea, Iceland, and France. Sad.
I agree!
Super Nifty Name

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Nov 22, 2011
 
Thank NCLB for those fine scores. Kids aren't taught much these days, so even if they do watch movies they aren't missing out on much "instruction".
Mountaineer

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Nov 22, 2011
 
Super Nifty Name wrote:
Thank NCLB for those fine scores. Kids aren't taught much these days, so even if they do watch movies they aren't missing out on much "instruction".
George W. Bush made a mistake signing off on that act. Education could use some major reforms. Gearing curriculum toward testing rather than learning doesn't appear to be working.
Super Nifty Name

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Nov 22, 2011
 
No, it's not working at all. When 99% of the kids in the school are on the honor roll, something is seriously wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

109 Users are viewing the Beckley Forum right now

Search the Beckley Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Food delivery for any restaurant in Beckley 22 min QuickGrub 12
Cremating Abortions 25 min teacher 44
Adult Video Stores (Dec '09) 44 min waterboy 75
LA East Preschool 58 min Wondering 1
99.5 sucks 1 hr upeopleneedtogetalife 18
Lois Lerner 1 hr Mark Winshel 25
Records broken as cold grips W.Va. (Jan '14) 1 hr -zaphod- 54
Red lobster 1 hr r u redneck rich 25
Sears at Crossroads closing ? 2 hr Chez 11
realtors 4 hr redline 27
WTNJ Makes False Claim About One Hundred Five T... 8 hr Jealous 35
beckley Police Dept 16 hr Invisible 88
•••
•••
•••
Beckley Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Beckley Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Beckley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Beckley News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Beckley
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••