Comments
1 - 20 of 21 Comments Last updated May 14, 2014
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
curious

Quincy, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Nov 23, 2012
 
My husband had an appointment today at the Beckley Pain Clinic, and there was no one there. Does anyone know if they closed it down or what is going on.
I would bet

Lubbock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Nov 23, 2012
 
curious wrote:
My husband had an appointment today at the Beckley Pain Clinic, and there was no one there. Does anyone know if they closed it down or what is going on.
ITs the day after a holiday, my bet, closed due to turkey day.
curious

Quincy, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 23, 2012
 
I would bet wrote:
<quoted text>
ITs the day after a holiday, my bet, closed due to turkey day.
I hope so. But i just dont understand why they would make an appointment for that day ..
curious

Quincy, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 23, 2012
 
I hope so. I just dont understand why they would give someone an appointment the day after thanksgiving. But i called and no one answered so I guess I will call Monday. I just thought they would call and reschedule it

Level 2

Since: Oct 12

Lubbock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Nov 23, 2012
 
I would be willing to bet who ever was doing the schedule didnt know, or the doctor decided as a treat to go ahead and give them the day off. Happens all the time in any type of clinic.
bullshyte

Bluefield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Nov 23, 2012
 
curious wrote:
I hope so. I just dont understand why they would give someone an appointment the day after thanksgiving. But i called and no one answered so I guess I will call Monday. I just thought they would call and reschedule it
are you the same "curious" that was posting about the Hope Pain Clinic doctor getting fired last week? What is it with your and your husband. Tell him to just hang in there and he'll be back on his oxys before you can say "medicaid". Jesus, one day late on his pills and you are all freaked out on here. Go to the ER like all the other pill heads do, he will see all his friends there.
curious

Quincy, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Nov 24, 2012
 
bullshyte wrote:
<quoted text>
are you the same "curious" that was posting about the Hope Pain Clinic doctor getting fired last week? What is it with your and your husband. Tell him to just hang in there and he'll be back on his oxys before you can say "medicaid". Jesus, one day late on his pills and you are all freaked out on here. Go to the ER like all the other pill heads do, he will see all his friends there.
First off I knew when I put this on here. I would get some dumbass commenting on here. But no i am not the one commenting on the Beckley Hope clinic cause he doesnt go there. My husband is not a pill head he has only been there once so I just didnt know what was going on. And he doesnt need to go to the ER he isnt a junkie. He is in pain, he doesnt take them to get high. So unless u know the whole story stfu.. Thanks have a good day now..
Curiosity

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 1, 2013
 
I heard that Beckley Pain Clinic was shut down today and that the DEA fired all the PA's and everyone working there. Does anyone know if there is any truth in this? Is the DEA finally getting the bad ones closed?
helping out

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 2, 2013
 
Curiosity wrote:
I heard that Beckley Pain Clinic was shut down today and that the DEA fired all the PA's and everyone working there. Does anyone know if there is any truth in this? Is the DEA finally getting the bad ones closed?
not trueeeeee
whatever

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 2, 2013
 
is it closing or not. because my husband is still waiting for them to call him for another appointment that was cancelled on the 21st of march.has anyone had an appointment and knows what is going on
see him

Foster, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 3, 2013
 
whatever wrote:
is it closing or not. because my husband is still waiting for them to call him for another appointment that was cancelled on the 21st of march.has anyone had an appointment and knows what is going on
my husband had an appointment today but they called and cancelled it said they would call him with the first availible appointment.....Yeah right!
Curious

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 3, 2013
 
see him wrote:
<quoted text>my husband had an appointment today but they called and cancelled it said they would call him with the first availible appointment.....Yeah right!
I have an appointment tomorrow and haven't heard from them. When did they call you and did they say why they were cancelling?
see him

Foster, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 4, 2013
 
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>I have an appointment tomorrow and haven't heard from them. When did they call you and did they say why they were cancelling?
they called us about 2:30 tuesday afternoon told us that his appointment has been cancelled and they will call him for another appointment next week.we asked them about what to do about his meds he has been taking that medication for a year now and they told him he can go see his family doctor to get a prescription of pain medication for 2 weeks until they get him back in he went and seen his family doctor and he said that he cant put him on anything because he is a patient of the beckley pain clinic so he is gonna call them again at 9 this morning and they are gonna have to do something we have been up all night because he is hurting so bad he cant sleep.not only is this wrong to do his patients like this im scared to death he gonna start having withdraws for the medication and his family doctor said that withdraws can be dangerous.
blah

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 4, 2013
 
Withdraws from opiates is not dangerous. U just feel like death. It is the most henderous thing a person can experience. I feel very sorry for him if he has to withdrawal. It won't kill him though, he will just feel and wish for death. I hope he gets some bc withdraw typically starts 24 hours after last use and peaks day three. Last about 5 days. Good luck, u will probably need to buy some off street
Knows

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 4, 2013
 
see him wrote:
<quoted text>they called us about 2:30 tuesday afternoon told us that his appointment has been cancelled and they will call him for another appointment next week.we asked them about what to do about his meds he has been taking that medication for a year now and they told him he can go see his family doctor to get a prescription of pain medication for 2 weeks until they get him back in he went and seen his family doctor and he said that he cant put him on anything because he is a patient of the beckley pain clinic so he is gonna call them again at 9 this morning and they are gonna have to do something we have been up all night because he is hurting so bad he cant sleep.not only is this wrong to do his patients like this im scared to death he gonna start having withdraws for the medication and his family doctor said that withdraws can be dangerous.
He will survive withdrawals, if only on narcotics. Xanax, is another story. Narcotic withdrawal can feel like and increase in back pain, but its only the medication's addictive quality.
I am VERY concerned over the elderly population that has to go through it. This is the VERY reason people on pain meds cannot find a family physician. In they're case, I'm sure this falls under patient abandonment.
This seems to happen EVERY year or so, If I was the general population that needed pain control, you DON'T have to take the meds every day. Take them only when needed. The "Prescribing practices" of the late 90's and into 2000's. The "Oxycontin" heydays was that you need to take meds on schedule. This will work on most of the general population and less potential for dependence, and therefore you will have medications left over and you will not be experiencing withdrawal.
The situation as it is, is that physician's are prescribing all "Instant relief" and with consequences of more dependence and even addiction.
My heart goes out to the elderly population
itsok

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Apr 8, 2013
 
if you havent gotten an appointment yet then go up there and tell them, my husband did and they got him in the next day. They said they arent closing they can just see 30 ppl a day :)
betsy

Fayetteville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Dec 22, 2013
 
I hope it wont take long for me to get in beckley pain clinic I need all my injections and pain meds ive moved back home and my medical dr raheem wouldnt write nothing for me so im really starting to hurt I was hit by a car 55 miles an hr!! So if anyone knows how long it takes to get in there please tell me!! Which hospital is best to go to around here???
smh

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 14, 2014
 
I think this place is a joke! My brother went for 1 appointment, they prescribed pain meds. They cancelled the second appointment due to weather and told him to take ibuprofen or Tylenol till they can fit him back in. If you don't care to write the scripts then you shouldn't care to call them in to stop withdraws.
Vet

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jan 15, 2014
 
Does anyone know anything about that Jessica girl that works there? I think she is a nurse. She seems real nice.
jls

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jan 15, 2014
 
smh wrote:
I think this place is a joke! My brother went for 1 appointment, they prescribed pain meds. They cancelled the second appointment due to weather and told him to take ibuprofen or Tylenol till they can fit him back in. If you don't care to write the scripts then you shouldn't care to call them in to stop withdraws.
Maybe it's against the law to call in schedule 2 drugs dummy!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

81 Users are viewing the Beckley Forum right now

Search the Beckley Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 19 min George 53,496
Child Immigrants Are Being Kept In 'Kennels' At... 19 min liberal feelings 12
COLA Increase for TANF & Welfare benefits 21 min liberal feelings 7
West Vaginia most Unhappy according to study 21 min Lol 4
President Obama and Russia 22 min liberal feelings 6
What Obama’s Strong Executive Order Says About ... 25 min liberal feelings 3
Cremating Abortions 27 min liberal feelings 10
boston beanery 52 min omg 23
beckley Police Dept 1 hr real deal 54
New River CTC President mandates church attenda... 4 hr Tor 9
Beat you to your conspiracy: White flag 4 hr Porch Honkey 29
friends of coal 16 hr Worker 26
•••
•••
•••
•••

Beckley Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Beckley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Beckley News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Beckley
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••