Bill-y

Moundsville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2012

------but instead of protesting people boycott. This is because they are too lazy to get off their butts and,hey,who's gonna know anyway. We just havetheir word for it and most people are liars.

A sad state of affairs. Groups of sheep have splintered down to fragments of a herd and all pick one or two things to boycott.

To be honest you should boycott people like me. You do not like the things I say. Who knows,I might even be right. A lot of the truths others input here are right as well.

Billy

Billy

“Pissed off underwater tiger.”

Level 6

Since: Apr 12

Imitated but never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2012

Speaking of the sixties... Its really funny to me, that all these kids think "Well its just a matter of time before these evil old people die off and take their hatred with them" dont even realize that the "old" people who are making anti gay legislation are products of not only the 60s, but part of the "peace, love and understanding" generation.

What I will be rolling my ass off (If I live that long) is in another 20 years when gay marriage still isnt legalized, Kids are still saying gays should have the same human rights, and theres still a balance of "evil old people" against gay marriage and then you realize its the same hypocritical kids who were protesting today.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2012

Exactly...The overwhelming percentage of the peace and love generation who railed against capitalism, war, material goods, "dress codes" and protested everything coming down the pike, are now exactly what they protested against.

Generalized fact here, but MOST people become more and more conservative as they age...They wise up more:)

There are exceptions to the rule however, LL being one :)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2012

P.S. and Jane Fonda..Is she dead yet?...let's hope so.

“Life is to be Enjoyed”

Level 8

*Cloud Nine*

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2012

So... We are a product of the sixties or not ?

I am :)
Old Flaming Liberal

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2012

Bah humbug. Peace and love for all. Forever.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2012

Breezy _Soul wrote:
So... We are a product of the sixties or not ?
I am :)
LOL.. Pretty much ALL of us one way or the other... even the young folks.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Shootist wrote:
Exactly...The overwhelming percentage of the peace and love generation who railed against capitalism, war, material goods, "dress codes" and protested everything coming down the pike, are now exactly what they protested against.
Generalized fact here, but MOST people become more and more conservative as they age...They wise up more:)
There are exceptions to the rule however, LL being one :)
Personally, I think their brains dry up and they stop trying to figure things out for themselves and just go with the flow....just my opinion. I'm more liberal now than I was when I was younger and thought other people knew more than I did....I learned differently...:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

Lesson Learned wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, I think their brains dry up and they stop trying to figure things out for themselves and just go with the flow....just my opinion. I'm more liberal now than I was when I was younger and thought other people knew more than I did....I learned differently...:)
LOL.. I hear ya..I was a LOT more liberal then, until I found out I know more than 99% of THEM:)
Marjorie

Bowerston, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

Judged:

It would be nice if the younger people would just spend a few months getting to know who THEY are themselves without a bunch of influence from friends,taking the time to find out who they really are and form their own opinions on whichever issue or subject interests them. Not gonna happen, I know, but it would be nice if they could do that.

“Smokin' Hot'n'Feelin' Groovy”

Level 9

Here, There, and Everywhere,..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

Star Trek...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

68 Users are viewing the Beckley Forum right now

Search the Beckley Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
console 13 min Shumma 1
rUsSiA 17 min cgi_46 715
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 19 min bacon hater 53,701
Beckley looks to boost population with annexation 44 min carmen 33
beckley Police Dept 1 hr tired of it also 73
CoPs 1 hr cgi_46 138
realtors 1 hr short 11
Has everybody gone nuts? 2 hr DIRTY OLD MAN 15
boston beanery 4 hr sistersalvation 44
Beat you to your conspiracy: White flag 4 hr Porch Honkey 71
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Raleigh County was issued at July 26 at 2:02PM EDT

•••
•••
•••