First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Church Lady

United States

#66 Aug 6, 2012
Beckley Truth wrote:
<quoted text>I hope U.C.doesn't keep any of the board of directors or the trustees.They bear responsibility for Polk being allowed to run amok.Most of these people are members of the beckley clique that has it's fingers in every thing the city does.Many of them are directly involved in the charges by the ethics comm.against the mayor.they corrupt every thing they touch,but you won't read about it in the beckley paper.
The University of Charleston has a very talented faculty and staff of their own that will lead the Beckley Campus. Their EMBA program is among the best in the nation and they have trained many future leaders. Apex learning is laughable! The University of Charleston would benefit by keeping some of the lower paid classified staff along with some of MSU's faculty if they meet UC's credentials. The entire administration will be gone though. Noone would want to keep any of them because they lack values and ethics.
Laughable

Bronx, NY

#67 Aug 6, 2012
Good Job to Dr Sours wrote:
<quoted text>
MSU has been a frightening mess for Dr. Sours to clean up if the media reports are even half right. Give people a chance here. You naysayers surely have something else to do for a few months while this is figured out, right?
You are right. Although I may not agree with every decision that's been made since his arrival, I am sure it couldn't have been easy. Let's give this brave man a huge round of applause for stepping in, out of retirement, and taking the helm and steering this 'Educational Titanic' into hopefully, a more positive beacon of higher education and light for the residents of Beckley and Martinsburg and for anyone who wants to better themselves.
Give me a break

Beckley, WV

#68 Aug 6, 2012
Laughable wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right. Although I may not agree with every decision that's been made since his arrival, I am sure it couldn't have been easy. Let's give this brave man a huge round of applause for stepping in, out of retirement, and taking the helm and steering this 'Educational Titanic' into hopefully, a more positive beacon of higher education and light for the residents of Beckley and Martinsburg and for anyone who wants to better themselves.
Sours was hand picked by Polk and the Board of Trustees long before Polk was let go and all this mess happened. It is my understanding he was brought on board to help NOT LOOSE accreditation. Where in the hell do you get brave out of this? Where in the hell do you think he will contribute to higher learning and help the residents of Beckley and Martinsburg? He is not the damn messiah for Christ's sake.
Hold on

Beckley, WV

#69 Aug 6, 2012
Laughable wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN! Right, you are so RIGHT! The positivity about this truly great event needs to stay high, Beckley sure could use this step in the right direction! Thanks for being so upbeat, happy, and optimistic! No matter how bad MSU is, was, or has been, UC can't really do any more damage, hopefully, positive change! We as a community need to stand behind anyone willing to take on this monumental task. Thanks Right!
You must be an MSU sheep. Laughable is actually being realistic about the situation. Are you prepared in the event this all falls apart little miss happy, upbeat, optimistically blind fool? Did it ever occur to you the courts could step in and block the sale of assets? Even after they have given their approval. There are quite a few other things that could happen between now and December. Sit back and hope for the best all you want but you better be prepared if the worst happens.
Debbie Downer

Bluefield, WV

#70 Aug 6, 2012
Hold on wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be an MSU sheep. Laughable is actually being realistic about the situation. Are you prepared in the event this all falls apart little miss happy, upbeat, optimistically blind fool? Did it ever occur to you the courts could step in and block the sale of assets? Even after they have given their approval. There are quite a few other things that could happen between now and December. Sit back and hope for the best all you want but you better be prepared if the worst happens.
Debbie Downer . Watch SNL & you will see how you come across. I bet you are the life of the party ....NOT
Hold on

Beckley, WV

#71 Aug 6, 2012
Laughable wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right. Although I may not agree with every decision that's been made since his arrival, I am sure it couldn't have been easy. Let's give this brave man a huge round of applause for stepping in, out of retirement, and taking the helm and steering this 'Educational Titanic' into hopefully, a more positive beacon of higher education and light for the residents of Beckley and Martinsburg and for anyone who wants to better themselves.
You were sounding very reasonable until this. Sours is a puppet. The Board is pulling his strings. Sours and the Board failed at rescuing accreditation. He is a merely a face and spokesperson for the grand finale of MSU. Nothing more nothing less.
Laughable

Bronx, NY

#72 Aug 6, 2012
Hold on wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be an MSU sheep. Laughable is actually being realistic about the situation. Are you prepared in the event this all falls apart little miss happy, upbeat, optimistically blind fool? Did it ever occur to you the courts could step in and block the sale of assets? Even after they have given their approval. There are quite a few other things that could happen between now and December. Sit back and hope for the best all you
want but you better be prepared if the worst happens.
Actually, you would be wrong, I just want to see Beckley, Martinsburg and every area of this state shine and succeed. So what if MSU was ran into the ground, what in the hell does it matter now, are you going to be miserable and hateful for the rest of your life? You may enjoy being full of hate and doom and gloom and quite frankly, ignorance, but I have no time for it. Bitch and complain and moan and groan and run and beware, and stay disgruntled and miserable all you want, where is it getting you? I for one hope that something good comes from all of this; MSU is done, why not hope for something better?
Laughable

Bronx, NY

#73 Aug 6, 2012
Give me a break wrote:
<quoted text>
Sours was hand picked by Polk and the Board of Trustees long before Polk was let go and all this mess happened. It is my understanding he was brought on board to help NOT LOOSE accreditation. Where in the hell do you get brave out of this? Where in the hell do you think he will contribute to higher learning and help the residents of Beckley and Martinsburg? He is not the damn messiah for Christ's sake.
Wait, wait, wait...Did at any point in my post did I say Dr. Sour's was the 'messiah?' wait, I'll re-read what I posted...okay, I'm done...No I Did Not! I won't even argue the point with you, who would you have chosen? Yourself? Doubtful that would have worked, MSU is full of enough hateful ignorance as it is. I personally feel he could have bailed months ago, I respect him for not doing so. I also respect the fact that he trying to make the most out of a bad situation by helping try to bring UC into the area. I wouldn't blame UC though if they decided not to, given the unwarm welcome some people are bestowing upon them. I feel like I am caught in a tornado of stupid reading some of these posts;
do you not want your communities to recover and succeed?
Send them to jail

Beckley, WV

#74 Aug 6, 2012
Hold on

Beckley, WV

#75 Aug 7, 2012
Debbie Downer wrote:
<quoted text>
Debbie Downer . Watch SNL & you will see how you come across. I bet you are the life of the party ....NOT
"These acts were not isolated events, but rather were part of an overall conspiracy and pattern of racketeering activity," the lawsuit states. The lawsuit also says Polk and MSU officials violated the West Virginia Consumer Credit Protection Act and committed fraud and breach of contract."

"Dr. Polk encouraged lying, dishonesty, wrongdoing, unethical conduct, immoral conduct, misleading representations, false promises, and deceptive practices among MSU faculty and staff in order to reap vast financial rewards for himself," the suit states."

Wake up fool. Things like this could kill the deal. Some of those same MSU officials are still on payroll.

http://www.wvgazette.com/News/201208060113
Hold on

Beckley, WV

#76 Aug 7, 2012
Laughable wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait, wait, wait...Did at any point in my post did I say Dr. Sour's was the 'messiah?' wait, I'll re-read what I posted...okay, I'm done...No I Did Not! I won't even argue the point with you, who would you have chosen? Yourself? Doubtful that would have worked, MSU is full of enough hateful ignorance as it is. I personally feel he could have bailed months ago, I respect him for not doing so. I also respect the fact that he trying to make the most out of a bad situation by helping try to bring UC into the area. I wouldn't blame UC though if they decided not to, given the unwarm welcome some people are bestowing upon them. I feel like I am caught in a tornado of stupid reading some of these posts;
do you not want your communities to recover and succeed?
You did argue your defense of Sours. Sours will retreat back to his retirement home and continue collecting his retirement pension while the unsuspecting employees collect unemployment. You are caught in a tornado. The cold hard reality is swirling around you as well as what you want to believe. The story of MSU is just starting to unfold and it is not a love story with a happy ending. Things like the below article could squash the deal. Situations like these do not happen without some type of formal investigations looking into what is going on with this failing school. What else is the press going to report on? There is you a question to ponder on.

http://www.wvgazette.com/News/201208060113
Polk haters-go here

Bluefield, WV

#77 Aug 7, 2012
some people

Bluefield, WV

#78 Aug 7, 2012
Laughable wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait, wait, wait...Did at any point in my post did I say Dr. Sour's was the 'messiah?' wait, I'll re-read what I posted...okay, I'm done...No I Did Not! I won't even argue the point with you, who would you have chosen? Yourself? Doubtful that would have worked, MSU is full of enough hateful ignorance as it is. I personally feel he could have bailed months ago, I respect him for not doing so. I also respect the fact that he trying to make the most out of a bad situation by helping try to bring UC into the area. I wouldn't blame UC though if they decided not to, given the unwarm welcome some people are bestowing upon them. I feel like I am caught in a tornado of stupid reading some of these posts;
do you not want your communities to recover and succeed?
Some people who post on here are originally from another part of the country and have been trying desperately to get back there. Having a scorched earth policy is their M.O.
mtwoman

Beckley, WV

#79 Aug 7, 2012
People it is not the only option in Beckley . there is the Erma Byrd center which offers classes from concord, WVU,Marshall,and Bluefield State and then there is New River College . Why would you opt to go to this private college when you can get the same education at a fraction of the cost and have a reputable diploma. Why go to a college that when upon leaving you will have a financial responsibilty on your shoulders of $800 or $900 for years. Also the university of Charleston is very selective with admissions only admitting %40 of applicants so the days of buying a degree and being ill prepared for the job you face are over.
Difference

Beckley, WV

#80 Aug 7, 2012
mtwoman wrote:
People it is not the only option in Beckley . there is the Erma Byrd center which offers classes from concord, WVU,Marshall,and Bluefield State and then there is New River College . Why would you opt to go to this private college when you can get the same education at a fraction of the cost and have a reputable diploma. Why go to a college that when upon leaving you will have a financial responsibilty on your shoulders of $800 or $900 for years. Also the university of Charleston is very selective with admissions only admitting %40 of applicants so the days of buying a degree and being ill prepared for the job you face are over.
Classes, but not always full programs. Also, the Erma Byrd Center is not IN Beckley. A campus in Beckley city limits drives revenue to the city of Beckley. That is something community members should be interested in.

Every institution offers something unique to students. While picking up a few courses at the Erma Byrd Center may be a good fit for some, many students will benefit from an in town four year university.
Prison Time

Beckley, WV

#81 Aug 7, 2012
Send all the remaining administrators, teachers, and staff to jail!!!!!!

http://www.wvgazette.com/News/201208060113
Difference wrote:
<quoted text>
Classes, but not always full programs. Also, the Erma Byrd Center is not IN Beckley. A campus in Beckley city limits drives revenue to the city of Beckley. That is something community members should be interested in.
Every institution offers something unique to students. While picking up a few courses at the Erma Byrd Center may be a good fit for some, many students will benefit from an in town four year university.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why do black men prefer white women? (May '14) 22 min White guy 412
wheres justin gray 2 hr trisan and old fart 6
did you get your eyes full yesterday in lewisbu... 2 hr not her lol 20
rachel simmons losing 5 kids 4 are in foster ca... 3 hr not her lol 5
Rudeness, red tape found at Beckley DMV (Mar '12) 4 hr threedaysgrace 57
Anything for rent 6 hr Nervous 1
Msac 7 hr I care 2
Oak Hill Cop gets what he deserves 12 hr wickerbill 8
Help with Chistmas 17 hr Chris Honrado 42
Beckley Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Beckley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Beckley News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Beckley

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:49 am PST

Bleacher Report 3:49AM
Breaking Down Steelers' Game Plan vs. Bengals
NBC Sports 4:53 AM
Panthers coach and family replaced gifts for break-in victims
NBC Sports 7:47 AM
Le'Veon Bell: It's "pick your poison" against Steelers offense
Bleacher Report 9:00 PM
Carolina Panthers vs. Atlanta Falcons: Complete Week 17 Preview for Carolina
Bleacher Report12:22 AM
Atlanta Falcons: Steven Jackson out Opens Up the Offense More