Time to disarm the police?

Posted in the Beckley Forum

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#1 Jul 25, 2012
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/07/25/...

I await the call to disarm the police.. It wouldn't surprise ME at all.

They can just carry little sticks around like they do in London.
FuttBucker

Beckley, WV

#2 Jul 25, 2012
Nobody cares what kind of stupid ass opinion that someone who has nothing to do with a situation that happened 1000+ miles away conjures up in some hollar in west virginia.

You are totally out of your element Donny.

Location hidden

#3 Jul 25, 2012
LOL...This from a person who gets excited when he post on topix and mispelles his own moniker..

I think you meant to post with the B where the F is and the F where B is...Your mistake is noted..

By the way, I'm NOT Donny:) Dumbass

“One fish... Two fish... ”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Opportunity is everywhere

#4 Jul 25, 2012
Shootist wrote:
LOL...This from a person who gets excited when he post on topix and mispelles his own moniker..
I think you meant to post with the B where the F is and the F where B is...Your mistake is noted..
By the way, I'm NOT Donny:) Dumbass
**misspells**

I knew what you meant, but I'm just keeping things honest.
:)

The British policy on not arming police officers on routine patrol is a policy that is somewhat controversial. When polled, the majority of officers are resistant to being armed on a routine basis. Perhaps they feel that it would lead to an "arms race" with criminals.

Level 8

#5 Jul 25, 2012
Apologies for the double post.

Location hidden

#6 Jul 25, 2012
Natalie_ wrote:
<quoted text>
**misspells**
I knew what you meant, but I'm just keeping things honest.
:)
The British policy on not arming police officers on routine patrol is a policy that is somewhat controversial. When polled, the majority of officers are resistant to being armed on a routine basis. Perhaps they feel that it would lead to an "arms race" with criminals.
Correction noted:)

HE is the bigger offender however...Can't spell his own name:)

Location hidden

#7 Jul 25, 2012
P.S. It is sort of pitiful when the POLICE worry about an "arms race" with criminals, don't you think?

How would they continue to enforce the law if aforementioned criminals decided to up the ante with their own private increase in weapons?

I guess the "if you play nice with me, I'll play nice with you" policy would be out the door huh?

Level 8

#8 Jul 25, 2012
Shootist wrote:
P.S. It is sort of pitiful when the POLICE worry about an "arms race" with criminals, don't you think?
How would they continue to enforce the law if aforementioned criminals decided to up the ante with their own private increase in weapons?
I guess the "if you play nice with me, I'll play nice with you" policy would be out the door huh?
It sure would be.

I think the British are fortunate that they haven't had to change their long-standing policy. They do have very strong gun control laws in place. However, the British Army (fully armed) is always available to step in during a crisis.

The British police are trained to use firearms, and they do carry weapons when deemed advisable. Just not routinely.

The British do have some of the strictest gun control laws.
bartndr

Beckley, WV

#9 Jul 25, 2012
Shootist wrote:
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_n ews/2012/07/25/12941221-shop-w indows-smashed-fires-reported- as-anaheim-protest-turns-viole nt?ocid=ansmsnbc11

I await the call to disarm the police.. It wouldn't surprise ME at all.

They can just carry little sticks around like they do in London.
Sounds like the protestors are at fault. I didn't see where the police were smashing windows or starting fires.
Mountaineer

Florence, Italy

#10 Jul 25, 2012
Andy Griffith never carried a pistol and he got along just fine.
bartndr

New York, NY

#11 Jul 25, 2012
Mountaineer wrote:
Andy Griffith never carried a pistol and he got along just fine.
Andy Griffith was also a sheriff on a sitcom about a 1950's perfect city USA.

Location hidden

#12 Jul 25, 2012
bartndr wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like the protestors are at fault. I didn't see where the police were smashing windows or starting fires.
Agreed...I don't have all of the facts yet of course,and don't know for SURE if the policeman that shot this person was right or wrong when he did it...

Having said that, he was chasing a known GANG MEMBER who was running away from the police..

This guy had a rapsheet, and again was a gang member, so his best option was to STOP when the policeman told him to...
Lesson either way is DON'T BE A GANG MEMBER, STOP BREAKING THE LAW, and you won't have to worry about it in the first place.:)
1 post removed

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#14 Jul 26, 2012
Shootist wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed...I don't have all of the facts yet of course,and don't know for SURE if the policeman that shot this person was right or wrong when he did it...
Having said that, he was chasing a known GANG MEMBER who was running away from the police..
This guy had a rapsheet, and again was a gang member, so his best option was to STOP when the policeman told him to...
Lesson either way is DON'T BE A GANG MEMBER, STOP BREAKING THE LAW, and you won't have to worry about it in the first place.:)
A cop in Mercer county has shot two people in the last couple of months. Eye witness testimonies show clearly the cop was acting appropiatly. Yet, he is being investigated.

Location hidden

#15 Jul 26, 2012
vanished wrote:
<quoted text> A cop in Mercer county has shot two people in the last couple of months. Eye witness testimonies show clearly the cop was acting appropiatly. Yet, he is being investigated.
Probably normal action to take when the "community" gets riled up.

The shame is some police officers lose their jobs or worse when they WERE in the right....Someone has to get 'thrown to the wolves" to placte irate citizens.
Chip Oclassen

Vista, CA

#16 Aug 3, 2012
Cops should all be disarmed, they are loose cannon with zero accountability and way too much authority.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
murder in bradley 55 min micheal brown 4
Double Bubble 1 hr Truth hurts 37
Morgan's bar & grill 4 hr Lackey 2
Does Anyone Know Christina Dillon? 6 hr nikilovesmiles 12
Happy Camper (Jun '12) 6 hr kat 56
Global Warming Fraud, lies and Propaganda 6 hr Well 1
Looking for Travis Summers. 7 hr kat 3
why do black men prefer white women? (May '14) 7 hr ThatBlackGuy 276
Beckley Dating
Find my Match