Comments
41 - 60 of 166 Comments Last updated Jul 30, 2012
Ben Wade

Mascoutah, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#44
Jul 21, 2012
 
I like the Chicago way. They bring a knife to a fight you bring a pistol
Elmer G

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45
Jul 21, 2012
 
Pam, your Il and MI locations fool no one. Shut up and leave this to thinking adults!
no control

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46
Jul 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Most of you are wrong on all counts. "A few people" love their guns? Try about half the population, 150,000,000. Let's just say that I agree with all of Ben and James' crap, which I don't. Even if you "outlaw" guns, can you GUARANTEE that ALL of them will be gone? For instance, all of the illegal guns in the United States and the world? Coke, meth, and mary jane are illegal, but I or anyone in Beattyville could obtain them in 5 minutes or less. Isn't there an all out war on drugs? Since they are illegal and we spend billions on enforcement, surely they must all be gone off the streets by now, right James? If you take away my guns, can you GUARANTEE that the military, which could become a political enforcement tool, or the police, who still have their guns, won't use them on me or my family to do what they will if they become corrupt? Aw, that couldn't happen James, because we've NEVER had corrupt law enforcement here, right? Can you GUARANTEE that the evil, murderous,rapists, pillagers...you name it--couldn't get guns illegally? Aw, that couldn't happen could it James? Those people NEVER break the law to do anything. Surely, if we pass MORE laws, those guys will give up their immoral ways and be good citizens.
import ant

Czech Republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47
Jul 22, 2012
 
import ant

Czech Republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48
Jul 22, 2012
 
import ant

Czech Republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#49
Jul 22, 2012
 
James

Birchleaf, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50
Jul 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

no control wrote:
Even if you "outlaw" guns, can you GUARANTEE that ALL of them will be gone?
No I cant, but you have to admit these numbers are impressive (93) deaths out of 120,000,000 in Japan.

To be honest though, Japan is a country of Atheist. This is their only life they will ever have(no afterlife), that could be another reason for the low gun related deaths.

The U.S. is very religious and so is Iran...they both have guns and they kill each other. Well atleast the Muslims get 72 virgins when they die.

“Hang Together”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51
Jul 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Japan has one of the lowest, if not the lowest, homicide rates in the world. They are also one of the most homogenous nations in the world where diversity and acting outside very strict societal rules is discouraged culturally. There are very strong family ties as well.
Israel has a murder rate less than 1/2 of the United States with 2 per 100,000. They have more guns per person than the US.
Ben Wade

Mascoutah, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52
Jul 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

I was stationed at Kadena AFB Japan from 1986-1990 during that period only one homicide on the island. Guess who a U.S Marnie killed a fellow solider
no control

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#53
Jul 23, 2012
 
Not that I expect anyone here to be honest, but I pose this question: How many of you own firearms, Chuck, James, and Ben?
Really

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#54
Jul 23, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

I think if James doesn't like our gun laws then maybe James should STFU and move to Japan!! Here in America we free citizens will keep our guns!!!!! Stats aside because the last time I checked criminals don't pay tht much attention tothe stats! England has no guns and low crime but it also has one of the highest depression rates & suicide rates in the world.. Hmm go figure.... But this is just my opinion....
James

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#55
Jul 23, 2012
 
no control wrote:
Not that I expect anyone here to be honest, but I pose this question: How many of you own firearms, Chuck, James, and Ben?
I dont own a gun, but I have thought about buying a gun to scare off my neighbors goats that come on my properity all the time hehe.
James

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56
Jul 23, 2012
 
Really wrote:
Stats aside because the last time I checked criminals don't pay tht much attention tothe stats!
True, but you cant go in a theater with tire iron and Kill/hurt 70 people in a minute and a half either.

Are you saying depression is linked to not having guns?
Really

Jackson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#57
Jul 23, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

What does a tire iron hav to do with anything?? Like I said you don't want your right to hav firearms tht is your right don't own one! You don't want other ppl to hav them then move to japan! No I'm not saying tht not owning guns leads to depression but it does show tht no matter wht u try to take away or control there will alwas be more and other reasons for death and violence....
to James

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#58
Jul 23, 2012
 
Let's look at the facts as we know them now. No one, even members of the military, put up a fight in Colorado. Fact - the POS "evil drum" in the AR made the weapon jam numerous times. Fact - with a gas mask on, the shooters visibility was severely limited. Fact - many victims were point blank distance from him. Why the hell didn't someone put up a fight? Since they didn't, one could reasonably assume that he could have waded into that theater with a ball bat, sword, tire iron, or whatever, and certainly killed several people and injured many others. Maybe not as many, but certainly quite a few with no resistance. If no one is willing to fight back, as much damage could have be done with a single shot 12 gauge and a big bag of buckshot shells.
James

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59
Jul 23, 2012
 
Really wrote:
What does a tire iron hav to do with anything?? Like I said you don't want your right to hav firearms tht is your right don't own one! You don't want other ppl to hav them then move to japan! No I'm not saying tht not owning guns leads to depression but it does show tht no matter wht u try to take away or control there will alwas be more and other reasons for death and violence....
A person with a tire Iron couldnt hurt/kill 70 people in 1 min and a half. Thats why I mentioned a Tire Iron.

Im not moving to Japan, gonna stay here and see this gun law changed, I believe it will happen in my life time. How many more times is this gonna happen before we stop this madness?
James

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#60
Jul 23, 2012
 
to James wrote:
Let's look at the facts as we know them now. No one, even members of the military, put up a fight in Colorado. Fact - the POS "evil drum" in the AR made the weapon jam numerous times. Fact - with a gas mask on, the shooters visibility was severely limited. Fact - many victims were point blank distance from him. Why the hell didn't someone put up a fight? Since they didn't, one could reasonably assume that he could have waded into that theater with a ball bat, sword, tire iron, or whatever, and certainly killed several people and injured many others. Maybe not as many, but certainly quite a few with no resistance. If no one is willing to fight back, as much damage could have be done with a single shot 12 gauge and a big bag of buckshot shells.
Only with guns could someone do this much damage, a sword or a bat you need to get very close. I cant imagine how crazy it was in there when bullets were flying around, I dont believe it would have been like that if someone had a bat. This guy would have got tackled to the ground.
to James

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61
Jul 23, 2012
 
By your reasoning, why wasn't he tackled when his weapon jammed? Because we have teach everyone that fighting, even in self defense is wrong. What about all the mass shootings across the world in the last 10 years where complete gun confiscation has occurred? All guns were illegal, yet people obtained them and caused mass carnage.
to James

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#62
Jul 23, 2012
 
Also by your reasoning, if the lunatic "only" killed two people with a tire iron as opposed to 12, are those people any less dead? How about all of the people last week that were shot, stabbed, beaten to death or whatever, in the United States? We have learned the life stories of all of the victims in Colorado, but nothing about all of these other people in the media? They were less important because they were killed with a knife or a deer rifle as opposed to your incorrectly-named assault rifles?
to James

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#63
Jul 23, 2012
 
Do you know how miserable an existence most people live in Japan? From a young age, their destinies are pre-determined. You have to follow strict social constraints, or face the consequences. How about another statistic you conveniently leave out, that Japan has the highest teenage suicide rate in the world?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

28 Users are viewing the Beattyville Forum right now

Search the Beattyville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 8 min i be dat nikka 81,567
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 15 min Limbertwig 146,157
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 23 min Amen 16,115
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 26 min Teacher 1,012
Doug Brandenburg 36 min -Sprocket- 31
rick reese>>>woman beater! 10 hr Elmer 2
ray combs (Aug '13) Tue fo real 9
•••
•••
•••
•••

Beattyville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Beattyville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Beattyville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Beattyville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••