why cant they fix the road by the duck pond?

Posted in the Batesville Forum

he hate me

Batesville, AR

#1 Nov 7, 2012
The road by the duck pond in Batesville has been screwed up for 6 months. what do we have to do to get it fixed? its only 100 feet. whats the hold up? lets get rid of Elumbaugh. Are you with me?

Level 6

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#2 Nov 7, 2012
Cost to much to fix that, we have to fix the golf course.
jack

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#3 Nov 8, 2012
the ducks have not voted on when to fix it.
would love to

United States

#4 Nov 8, 2012
he hate me wrote:
The road by the duck pond in Batesville has been screwed up for 6 months. what do we have to do to get it fixed? its only 100 feet. whats the hold up? lets get rid of Elumbaugh. Are you with me?
he is a busy man,oh so busy,busy,busy.------sitting on his ass !

Batesville, AR

#5 Nov 8, 2012
Waiting for dirt to settle good

Conway, AR

#6 Nov 8, 2012
Guest wrote:
Waiting for dirt to settle good
Actually, none of the comments are correct

Iraq

#7 Nov 8, 2012
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, none of the comments are correct
Then what is correct? Since you seem to know.

Conway, AR

#8 Nov 9, 2012
Row Lake was drained and cleaned out. During this time the city street department dug a large trench parallel to the large rectangular concrete box culvert that served as the spillway/overflow for Row Lake. They then constructed a second spillway to double the overflow capacity. City crews labored in the intense heat of this past Summer to construct the forms and pour the concrete. This drainage structure took several weeks to build. This hopefully will eliminate Row Lake from overflowing over Myers Ave during heavy rains. This box culvert took several weeks to construct. Once it was finished then a second and larger trench was dug to replace/repair the drainage pipe for Row Lake which was leaking and causing the road to sink. Once these drainage issues were resolved the city began constructing the second phase of the greenway walking trail from Row Lake to Riverside Park along the creek/branch that runs below Row Lake. A grant was obtained for the trail and the paving had to be bid out. Concurrently, as part of the improvements to the Row Lake, Community Garden, Fitzhugh Park area , a side walk and street curbs were constructed along where the street cut was made to allow pedestrians to walk from the Cemetery to the walking trail on the east side if Row Lake. In addition, a handicap accessible fishing pier has been constructed and the concrete walk for it is being finished. The bid to pave the new walking trail has been awarded and the contractor is authorized to proceed. A separate contract has been made to pave the gravel road repair you originally referred to and the contractor is scheduled to lay the asphalt in the next few days. The road asphalt could not be laid until the curbs and sidewalk was finished. City crews finished the curb last week and the work progresses. These improvements will enhance the new community center which will be constructed in Fitzhugh Park where the ball fields are currently located.

Batesville, AR

#9 Nov 9, 2012
Does anyone know where the lumber was bought to buoldi the new fishing dock ?
zack

Batesville, AR

#10 Nov 10, 2012
Guest wrote:
Does anyone know where the lumber was bought to buoldi the new fishing dock ?
local

Newark, AR

#11 Nov 10, 2012
guest wrote:
Row Lake was drained and cleaned out. During this time the city street department dug a large trench parallel to the large rectangular concrete box culvert that served as the spillway/overflow for Row Lake. They then constructed a second spillway to double the overflow capacity. City crews labored in the intense heat of this past Summer to construct the forms and pour the concrete. This drainage structure took several weeks to build. This hopefully will eliminate Row Lake from overflowing over Myers Ave during heavy rains. This box culvert took several weeks to construct. Once it was finished then a second and larger trench was dug to replace/repair the drainage pipe for Row Lake which was leaking and causing the road to sink. Once these drainage issues were resolved the city began constructing the second phase of the greenway walking trail from Row Lake to Riverside Park along the creek/branch that runs below Row Lake. A grant was obtained for the trail and the paving had to be bid out. Concurrently, as part of the improvements to the Row Lake, Community Garden, Fitzhugh Park area , a side walk and street curbs were constructed along where the street cut was made to allow pedestrians to walk from the Cemetery to the walking trail on the east side if Row Lake. In addition, a handicap accessible fishing pier has been constructed and the concrete walk for it is being finished. The bid to pave the new walking trail has been awarded and the contractor is authorized to proceed. A separate contract has been made to pave the gravel road repair you originally referred to and the contractor is scheduled to lay the asphalt in the next few days. The road asphalt could not be laid until the curbs and sidewalk was finished. City crews finished the curb last week and the work progresses. These improvements will enhance the new community center which will be constructed in Fitzhugh Park where the ball fields are currently located.
What a waste of money.

“Crude, Rude, and Lewd!”

Level 7

Since: Jun 08

Sayonara Falls.

#12 Nov 10, 2012
I think they're ducking the issue.
JDN

Dallas, TX

#13 Nov 11, 2012
he hate me wrote:
end of year/ money in budget has to be spent in order to ask for more next year// the american way

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Batesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lazy 1 hr Tim Blaxton 26
r.i.p 7 hr Donnie Rusty 7
Batesville City Council votes to establish own ... 7 hr Mossy Seaman 2
What's going on in westside? 11 hr bugless stomach 10
bobby gipson 15 hr For real 2
interracial couples in batesville disgusting? 16 hr C-Diff 19
looking to buy 2 chocolate labs 16 hr Tim Blaxton 12

Child Abduction Emergency for Independence County was issued at December 18 at 9:15AM CST

Batesville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Batesville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Batesville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Batesville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:48 pm PST

NBC Sports 2:48PM