KROGERS stealing money from customers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted in the Bardstown Forum

WORRIED EX CUSTOMER

Louisville, KY

#1 Mar 9, 2011
my boyfriend had money stolen from his bank account by KROGER gas pumps. It was taken out of his account at 11:00 p.m. he was in bed asleep at that time. He had used his card for gas earlier that day, so they had his number and was able to run his card again. Of course his bank is looking into the matter and charges will be pressed to the fullest extent of the law. I can not believe a well know store like Kroger would allow something like this to happen. He is not the only customer this has happened to. There is another lady they have done this to also. Her bank is also investing it. So this is a warning to ALL KROGER customers use cash only do not use a credit card or debit card at the pumps or in the store if so you will take the risk of KROGER stealing money from your bank account. So please take heed of this WARNING!!!!!!!

“It's an I. Not a L. ”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#2 Mar 9, 2011
I highly doubt it. Kroger is a big company, credit cards do not get charged until later in the day. Sometimes my credit cards won't get charged for a week or so.
FYI

Flemingsburg, KY

#3 Mar 9, 2011
Never have had an issue. Sometimes it will show a larger amount than used. Because they charge a convenience fee. Usually that fee will drop off when actual amount is posted to the account.
FYI

Flemingsburg, KY

#4 Mar 9, 2011
Also it may not show at the time of the withdrawal. It depends on the system the merchant uses. I have had withdrawals show immediately and I have had withdrawals not show for a day or two. I think your accusation may be a bit premature.
hah

Bardstown, KY

#5 Mar 9, 2011
I agree with the others on here. May want to back off. Kroger doesn't have any reason to steal your money without you knowing it.
They do a pretty good job at stealing from you right in front of your face. Of course you would have to be dumb enough to let it happen first.
He He!
WORRIED EX CUSTOMER

Louisville, KY

#6 Mar 9, 2011
sorry to tell everyone but they have done it. Got 20.00 in gas then they turn around and charge 66.00 again. They r red flagged red flagged at the bank and there is an investigation going on about it. And this is not the only one that this has happened to. there are others here in town also. So just be very carefully while doing business with Kroger. Is all I am asking.
INFO

Melbourne, FL

#7 Mar 9, 2011
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorization_ho...
Info as to what is happening with debit and credit cards when purchasing gas.
well

Bardstown, KY

#8 Mar 9, 2011
Double holds
On occasion, due to negligence or computer error, a merchant may attempt to authorize a card twice, creating a double hold on the cardholder's bank account. This often happens when a processor requires additional security verification such as a CVV, Zip Code, or address and incorrect information is provided or it's mistyped. Gasoline pumps often impose a double hold, one for a standard amount (such as $75) and another for the amount of purchase. Though the merchant will only clear the transaction once, the hold will temporarily lower the customer's available balance, potentially causing declines or (for a debit card) overdrafts.
No way

Bardstown, KY

#9 Mar 9, 2011
If you are going to accuse a business of stealing from you at least spell the name right. It is KROGER, not KROGERS... I hate it when people say it like that.. . Duh
Just Saying

Bardstown, KY

#10 Mar 9, 2011
Actually, last yr I heard of this same thing happening at a restaurant. An employee was the culprit of it, taking the information from there cards and accessing funds off of it through the internet. It is a possible situation, but I wouldn't blame it on Kroger itself, rather the employee.
Dont Worry

Bardstown, KY

#11 Mar 10, 2011
Don't worry about it. The bank is required to give you credit once you contact them and sign a paper saying there was fraud on your account. After that it's the bank's problem to go back to Kroger or VISA/MC to get their money back.
Trying to be helpful

Bardstown, KY

#12 Mar 10, 2011
This happened to me once at another chain, but it was the employee, however I was taught that to be helpful in preventing this type of act, you should ALWAYS press CLEAR on the gas pump selection area so your card number is cleared after your purchase. This eliminates any possibility that your card can be charged twice. This doesn't change the fact that this already happened to you, but I hope it is helpful in the future.
FYI

Flemingsburg, KY

#13 Mar 10, 2011
Trying to be helpful wrote:
This happened to me once at another chain, but it was the employee, however I was taught that to be helpful in preventing this type of act, you should ALWAYS press CLEAR on the gas pump selection area so your card number is cleared after your purchase. This eliminates any possibility that your card can be charged twice. This doesn't change the fact that this already happened to you, but I hope it is helpful in the future.
Thank you for the advise. I hope I remember that when I use my card. Which isnt very often.
dont

Georgetown, KY

#14 Mar 11, 2011
my husband and i dont use kroger gas because every time we have in the past our vehicle run like crap!!
just saying

Bardstown, KY

#15 Mar 11, 2011
dont wrote:
my husband and i dont use kroger gas because every time we have in the past our vehicle run like crap!!
Always use Kroger gas and my car runs fine..Any time you use a debit or creid card at a gas pump you should push clear at the end of the transaction. There are scammers EVERYWHERE..They've gotton me 3 times, but not in the last few yrs because I've learned to be cautious when using my debit card.
pizza

Russellville, KY

#16 Mar 13, 2011
i've had that happen to me when i use my card at pizza hut. the driver put a $10 tip on it and pizza hut wouldn't do anything about it. and i don't know if he works there anymore. so be aware of pizza hut. from now on i put a line threw the tip line and write the total on the bottom line so it won't happen again.
Thank ya

United States

#17 Mar 15, 2011
No way wrote:
If you are going to accuse a business of stealing from you at least spell the name right. It is KROGER, not KROGERS... I hate it when people say it like that... Duh
Thank you Thank you THANK YOU!! I was going to say it and you did it for me. It is KROGER...just one Kroger, not Krogers. Like Illinois with an S(noise) or ideal instead of idea and Walmark or HodgenSville or Radclifft or Ax instead of ask. It makes me crazy....

You may resume your conversation now, I am finished with my ranting. Thank you and goodnight.
geeez

Bardstown, KY

#18 Mar 17, 2011
Thank ya wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Thank you THANK YOU!! I was going to say it and you did it for me. It is KROGER...just one Kroger, not Krogers. Like Illinois with an S(noise) or ideal instead of idea and Walmark or HodgenSville or Radclifft or Ax instead of ask. It makes me crazy....
You may resume your conversation now, I am finished with my ranting. Thank you and goodnight.
Can you say "anal-retentive"
geez

Bardstown, KY

#19 Mar 18, 2011
Thank ya wrote:
<quoted text>
I know...I hate it when people call walmart "walmark"
just me lol

AOL

#20 Apr 8, 2011
i call it china mart

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bardstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
erikson chiropractic (Mar '11) 17 min whoa 16
Fools in Ferguson Mo 58 min Say What 5
Shop owners 21 hr Confused master s... 4
tower automotive (Jun '12) Mon Just curious 81
the truth about blacks. not racist but realist. (May '12) Mon Celt 103
Car salesmen Sun Daffy 1
the lies of cannabis prohibition Nov 21 holdin 6
Bardstown Dating
Find my Match

Bardstown People Search