KROGERS stealing money from customers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted in the Bardstown Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 20 Comments Last updated Apr 8, 2011
WORRIED EX CUSTOMER

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 9, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

my boyfriend had money stolen from his bank account by KROGER gas pumps. It was taken out of his account at 11:00 p.m. he was in bed asleep at that time. He had used his card for gas earlier that day, so they had his number and was able to run his card again. Of course his bank is looking into the matter and charges will be pressed to the fullest extent of the law. I can not believe a well know store like Kroger would allow something like this to happen. He is not the only customer this has happened to. There is another lady they have done this to also. Her bank is also investing it. So this is a warning to ALL KROGER customers use cash only do not use a credit card or debit card at the pumps or in the store if so you will take the risk of KROGER stealing money from your bank account. So please take heed of this WARNING!!!!!!!

“It's an I. Not a L. ”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 9, 2011
 

Judged:

2

I highly doubt it. Kroger is a big company, credit cards do not get charged until later in the day. Sometimes my credit cards won't get charged for a week or so.
FYI

New Haven, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 9, 2011
 
Never have had an issue. Sometimes it will show a larger amount than used. Because they charge a convenience fee. Usually that fee will drop off when actual amount is posted to the account.
FYI

New Haven, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 9, 2011
 
Also it may not show at the time of the withdrawal. It depends on the system the merchant uses. I have had withdrawals show immediately and I have had withdrawals not show for a day or two. I think your accusation may be a bit premature.
hah

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 9, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

I agree with the others on here. May want to back off. Kroger doesn't have any reason to steal your money without you knowing it.
They do a pretty good job at stealing from you right in front of your face. Of course you would have to be dumb enough to let it happen first.
He He!
WORRIED EX CUSTOMER

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 9, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

sorry to tell everyone but they have done it. Got 20.00 in gas then they turn around and charge 66.00 again. They r red flagged red flagged at the bank and there is an investigation going on about it. And this is not the only one that this has happened to. there are others here in town also. So just be very carefully while doing business with Kroger. Is all I am asking.
INFO

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 9, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorization_ho...
Info as to what is happening with debit and credit cards when purchasing gas.
well

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 9, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Double holds
On occasion, due to negligence or computer error, a merchant may attempt to authorize a card twice, creating a double hold on the cardholder's bank account. This often happens when a processor requires additional security verification such as a CVV, Zip Code, or address and incorrect information is provided or it's mistyped. Gasoline pumps often impose a double hold, one for a standard amount (such as $75) and another for the amount of purchase. Though the merchant will only clear the transaction once, the hold will temporarily lower the customer's available balance, potentially causing declines or (for a debit card) overdrafts.
No way

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 9, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

If you are going to accuse a business of stealing from you at least spell the name right. It is KROGER, not KROGERS... I hate it when people say it like that.. . Duh
Just Saying

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 9, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Actually, last yr I heard of this same thing happening at a restaurant. An employee was the culprit of it, taking the information from there cards and accessing funds off of it through the internet. It is a possible situation, but I wouldn't blame it on Kroger itself, rather the employee.
Dont Worry

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 10, 2011
 
Don't worry about it. The bank is required to give you credit once you contact them and sign a paper saying there was fraud on your account. After that it's the bank's problem to go back to Kroger or VISA/MC to get their money back.
Trying to be helpful

Coxs Creek, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 10, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

This happened to me once at another chain, but it was the employee, however I was taught that to be helpful in preventing this type of act, you should ALWAYS press CLEAR on the gas pump selection area so your card number is cleared after your purchase. This eliminates any possibility that your card can be charged twice. This doesn't change the fact that this already happened to you, but I hope it is helpful in the future.
FYI

New Haven, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 10, 2011
 
Trying to be helpful wrote:
This happened to me once at another chain, but it was the employee, however I was taught that to be helpful in preventing this type of act, you should ALWAYS press CLEAR on the gas pump selection area so your card number is cleared after your purchase. This eliminates any possibility that your card can be charged twice. This doesn't change the fact that this already happened to you, but I hope it is helpful in the future.
Thank you for the advise. I hope I remember that when I use my card. Which isnt very often.
dont

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 11, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

my husband and i dont use kroger gas because every time we have in the past our vehicle run like crap!!
just saying

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Mar 11, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

dont wrote:
my husband and i dont use kroger gas because every time we have in the past our vehicle run like crap!!
Always use Kroger gas and my car runs fine..Any time you use a debit or creid card at a gas pump you should push clear at the end of the transaction. There are scammers EVERYWHERE..They've gotton me 3 times, but not in the last few yrs because I've learned to be cautious when using my debit card.
pizza

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Mar 13, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

i've had that happen to me when i use my card at pizza hut. the driver put a $10 tip on it and pizza hut wouldn't do anything about it. and i don't know if he works there anymore. so be aware of pizza hut. from now on i put a line threw the tip line and write the total on the bottom line so it won't happen again.
Thank ya

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Mar 15, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

No way wrote:
If you are going to accuse a business of stealing from you at least spell the name right. It is KROGER, not KROGERS... I hate it when people say it like that... Duh
Thank you Thank you THANK YOU!! I was going to say it and you did it for me. It is KROGER...just one Kroger, not Krogers. Like Illinois with an S(noise) or ideal instead of idea and Walmark or HodgenSville or Radclifft or Ax instead of ask. It makes me crazy....

You may resume your conversation now, I am finished with my ranting. Thank you and goodnight.
geeez

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 17, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Thank ya wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Thank you THANK YOU!! I was going to say it and you did it for me. It is KROGER...just one Kroger, not Krogers. Like Illinois with an S(noise) or ideal instead of idea and Walmark or HodgenSville or Radclifft or Ax instead of ask. It makes me crazy....
You may resume your conversation now, I am finished with my ranting. Thank you and goodnight.
Can you say "anal-retentive"
geez

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Mar 18, 2011
 
Thank ya wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Thank you THANK YOU!! I was going to say it and you did it for me. It is KROGER...just one Kroger, not Krogers. Like Illinois with an S(noise) or ideal instead of idea and Walmark or HodgenSville or Radclifft or Ax instead of ask. It makes me crazy....
You may resume your conversation now, I am finished with my ranting. Thank you and goodnight.
I know...I hate it when people call walmart "walmark"
just me lol

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Apr 8, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

i call it china mart

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

29 Users are viewing the Bardstown Forum right now

Search the Bardstown Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 24 min DITCH MITCH 147,177
Poll: Opposition to gay marriage waning in Ky. 48 min Rainbow Kid 20
Grimes is Wrong for Kentucky! 2 hr ivote 7
Cinco De Mayo 4 hr Kayla 1
Single moms 4 hr Uhhh 4
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 6 hr freak 81,565
selling silver 7 hr jww 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Bardstown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Bardstown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Bardstown News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Bardstown
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••