Bardstown Housing Authority

Posted in the Bardstown Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
waiting

Bardstown, KY

#1 Apr 29, 2012
Has anyone moved in to one of their apartments recently? Im just curious how long u were on the list. Also what was your number in line when you first applied. I applied and was placed at #116 about 6 months ago. Im just curious as to how much longer i would expect to wait. I dont want to sign a year lease somewhere if I am getting close to my time. Thanks!
Awhile

Bardstown, KY

#2 Apr 29, 2012
I hate to tell you this but you will probably still be waiting a while. I tried moving into an apartment and i was number 90 something and i only went down one on the list like every three months or so, i just gave up on tryin to get one. But good luck to you.
sure

Bardstown, KY

#3 Apr 29, 2012
This is the same person. Just call it intuition. Don't start a political rant about public housing please.
umm

Bardstown, KY

#4 Apr 29, 2012
How about if you can afford to sign a lease for a year, you probably don't need public housing?

And I'm sure once you get in on that gig, you probably do what you can (or do as little as possible to ensure you can continue) to qualify to stay there- so not much opens up.
Awhile

Bardstown, KY

#5 Apr 29, 2012
Housing is a good place to live, they take care of everything and most of the people that work there are very polite, it just usually takes a while to get an apartment.
Instead of that

Waukegan, IL

#6 Apr 30, 2012
Get a job and don't live on the taxpayers.
sure

Bardstown, KY

#7 Apr 30, 2012
Now, see? I knew this was going to happen.
i agree

Bardstown, KY

#8 May 1, 2012
i completely agree with "instead of that" i worked 40+ hours a week and still struggle, because i get no help with food, shelter or any bills. if i tried to get help they would laugh my ass out the door. but if i quit my job and decided to be lazy i would have everything taken care of. it's bullshit. get a job and make your own way. if you have the money to sign a year lease, you don't need public housing. that should be for the elderly, disabled, and homeless. not for lazy people who don't want to spend their own money. i know so many people who are on assistance that have ridiculous amounts of money it would make you sick. how does someone have food stamps, but have almost 100,000 in the bank????? wtf...people need to stop this crap
umm

Bardstown, KY

#9 May 1, 2012
i agree wrote:
i completely agree with "instead of that" i worked 40+ hours a week and still struggle, because i get no help with food, shelter or any bills. if i tried to get help they would laugh my ass out the door. but if i quit my job and decided to be lazy i would have everything taken care of. it's bullshit. get a job and make your own way. if you have the money to sign a year lease, you don't need public housing. that should be for the elderly, disabled, and homeless. not for lazy people who don't want to spend their own money. i know so many people who are on assistance that have ridiculous amounts of money it would make you sick. how does someone have food stamps, but have almost 100,000 in the bank????? wtf...people need to stop this crap
AMEN!
i know

Louisville, KY

#10 May 21, 2012
I'm glad that everyone seems to think that bc u live in housing ur a welfare mooch. I live there work 12 hours a day and if the gov would actually enforce child support. Things would be very easy for me and my kids financially. To answer the original question. It takes a while esp if its a two bedroom. U have to think that this is the only option for homes for some people and just like any other apt. Complex people don't usually move.
My 2cents

Bardstown, KY

#11 May 25, 2012
I work 40 hours a week and live in housing I pay taxes I dont get welfare or foodstamps. i think your judging, live in those who struggle shoes.
hmmm

Bardstown, KY

#12 May 26, 2012
How do you qualify for housing working 40 hour weeks or 12 hour days?? And isn't free government housing welfare?
rebelROUSER

Louisville, KY

#13 May 26, 2012
I AGREE most people nowdays think they have to make 25.00 a hour look i'd pick shit with the chickens before i would go to goverment for help
that's called PRIDE and some people should get some and quit blame'n other for their lazyness
i work and my wife works and it's just us no children and we are a older couple and we don't get paid all that well but we work the hours and when i go out to eat with my wife and i pay cash for my meal and tip my working waiter or waitress i feel pride because i earned that money and i earned that meal and it's a good feeling ......now i'm tired alot but that's life you put your head down and dig'in and like larry the cable guy said
GIT'R DONE
Just Saying

Bardstown, KY

#14 May 26, 2012
hmmm wrote:
How do you qualify for housing working 40 hour weeks or 12 hour days?? And isn't free government housing welfare?
You'd understand if you have children and work for minimum wage. Government housing is common in Britain - called council housing. No one calls them moochers.
iphone

Bardstown, KY

#15 May 26, 2012
I make really good money and struggle. I can't even afford the smart phones people have that are on government assistance, now how messed up is that?
hmmm

Bardstown, KY

#16 May 26, 2012
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>You'd understand if you have children and work for minimum wage. Government housing is common in Britain - called council housing. No one calls them moochers.
I had 2 children, no child support and worked for minimum wage and never got government assistance. Working 40 hours a week at minimum wage meant I made to much money to qualify for ANYTHING. Kind of glad though- because it helped motivate me to work my ass off to improved my circumstances. OH- and I knew how babies were made and prevented having more when I couldn't afford to live how I'd like to in the income I made.
hmmm

Bardstown, KY

#17 May 26, 2012
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>You'd understand if you have children and work for minimum wage. Government housing is common in Britain - called council housing. No one calls them moochers.
THEN TAKE YOUR A R S E TO BRITAIN!!!!
rebelROUSER

Louisville, KY

#18 May 26, 2012
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd understand if you have children and work for minimum wage. Government housing is common in Britain - called council housing. No one calls them moochers.
yea but this is'nt britian this is the greatest country on earth in england around 70% or better are on goverment subs they are living a meager life they then have to pay taxes back to the goverment for any kind og luxury such as t.v. reseption they are taxed for the airwaves even we don't need that here in america but our current so called president is working hard for us to be like england if they do that they will control you from cradle to grave no freedoms just rules .........i believe we got enough of them now so don't be gloryfying britian for their goverment housing .......better yet get a job or two and live with'in your means and be free
free willy

Bardstown, KY

#19 May 26, 2012
iphone wrote:
I make really good money and struggle. I can't even afford the smart phones people have that are on government assistance, now how messed up is that?
You are right and if you live in section 8 no boyfriends should be living with you.If i had a neighbor on section 8 i would turn them in.They need to make home visits at night.
CRAZYBITCH

Englewood, CO

#20 May 26, 2012
i know wrote:
I'm glad that everyone seems to think that bc u live in housing ur a welfare mooch. I live there work 12 hours a day and if the gov would actually enforce child support. Things would be very easy for me and my kids financially. To answer the original question. It takes a while esp if its a two bedroom. U have to think that this is the only option for homes for some people and just like any other apt. Complex people don't usually move.
I have four kids and I'm a single parent. I work and I PAY ALL MY BILLS BYMYSELF AND I DONT GET CHILD SUPPORT . So try another excuse

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bardstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Peter Trzop will be the next County Judge Execu... 30 min almost true 97
New Mexican restaurant 3 hr devo 12
Best Asian food in town? (Mar '14) 4 hr just my opinion 12
old men dating teenage girls (Jan '13) 15 hr PrettyWitty 78
Nelson Co Police frequency Mon awareness 5
Sad and lonely Mon david lee roth 7
Places. To eat Mon Donna 1
Bardstown Dating
Find my Match

Bardstown Jobs