Why Arn't The EBT Machines Working?????

Posted in the Barbourville Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
county guy

Ford City, PA

#1 Jul 15, 2010
hey ya'll isa wondering why the foodstamp machines are down across the county? if yer pannin' on going to town and buying dinner tonight better thank twice. theyre not workin anywhere...what going on????
county guy

Ford City, PA

#3 Jul 15, 2010
the machines are down everywhere! The store owners I've talked to said they had never seen that happen in the 20 yrs they've had them.
REBEL

Barbourville, KY

#4 Jul 15, 2010
county guy wrote:
hey ya'll isa wondering why the foodstamp machines are down across the county? if yer pannin' on going to town and buying dinner tonight better thank twice. theyre not workin anywhere...what going on????
OMG, you mean you can't get your two cart loads of pop and chips, to sell for cash at a little county store, in order to get money to buy your DRUGS, that is terrible!
country guy

Ford City, PA

#5 Jul 15, 2010
REBEL wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG, you mean you can't get your two cart loads of pop and chips, to sell for cash at a little county store, in order to get money to buy your DRUGS, that is terrible!
what do you mean rebel, all people who receive EBT are druggies?

why such a rude comment?
well

Middlesboro, KY

#6 Jul 15, 2010
You people! you are smarta@@!! I don't get foodstamps but there are a lot of people that get them that need them and some kids will go hungry tonight. I hope you all can sleep tonight makeing fun of the people in need. some may not need but some people that is all they have. think before you talk it will make a AS@ OUT OF YOU. And what if you get stamps you are not aloud to buy a pop or a bag of chips. what made you the boss anyway. go ahead and tell me its you taxs dollars that is everybody answers get a life. you dont care where you taxs dollar is going you just like to be ugly to people because it makes you feel good. well karma is a bitc@ and you could be the one on stamps and people. telling you what you can or can't buy. everybody needs something some time and so will you. unless you was born with a silver spoon in you mouth. so of us was not so we buy chips and pop. asshol@!!!!!!
workin Girl

London, KY

#7 Jul 15, 2010
Ok, I work Everyday, I dont make a whole lot but I do work everyday, & I draw stamps myself not for myself but for my child, & Its because I barley meet the requirements, Ive only drawed them for about 7 months now, & im thankful they are there for me! With all my Bills and everyday needs & clothes and such for my child, its hard to survive! So you can say anything you want but im not a drug head or bum, i do work, but i do get help to. So you can say anything youw ant but the truth is, yea there are some people who abuse the system but not everyone! i will pray for you, because God wouldnt want you judging anyone eles & you never know you may just have to have stamps one day in life or your kids might have to or your mother or sister or brother you never know! Dont be so fast to judge & be a little more curtious! Only children make fun of and call names at others!
hahaNOT

Barbourville, KY

#8 Jul 15, 2010
Obama and Rebel; You better hope you never lose a job or have to rely on government assistance! What, you two think you are too good? I know people that lost big time jobs during the recession (management, real estate, etc.) and rely on foodstamps and govt assistance to help them through their time of crisis. I want to point out how stupid both of you are, and I mean you really have no intelligence. I do not rely on government assistance, but I know a majority use them legally. But, considering that both of you might have a combined age of 25 (if you can count that high), I'll make this simple for you.

First Obama, you say the elections are coming up so no more free handouts. Well, if Obama decided this, he's a little early. As you don't know (we'll assume that you were referring to the President, that's the only political figure mentioned), Obama has already been elected and will serve a four year term, so this is impossible. In fact, our President is helping those that are unemployed. Have you noticed how many extensions he has provided for those without work??? Obviously not, because Obama has done good things for those on government assistance. Obviously, you need to watch the news and read a paper for an hour a day. After that, then you can speak as if you know something about politics, because you have no idea.

And let's see Rebel, two cart loads of pop and chips???? What in the world is that going to buy drug wise? You really have no idea about drug use. Two cart loads of pop and chips is not going to buy much in drugs. In fact, I would sincerely doubt that pop and chips is even the bargaining chip for anyone that is abusing the system. I would assume most people sell their card for a lump sum of money, and I guarantee you it would be more than two cart loads of pop and chips. Besides, have you been around drug use? The best people in the world have got mixed up and lose control. Statistically, if it hasn't already, someone in your family will be addicted to drugs by the time you turn 16 (I'm guessing your 12, your comment was much more immature than Obama).

Both of you should be deeply ashamed of yourself. You should apologize to everyone that needs this assistance because of job loss, financial difficulties, and plain hard times. Neither one of you have any idea what the real world is like. As I stated, I don't rely on govt assistance, but what if I had to??? What if you had to one day??

So I assume when you both retire that you won't need to draw SSI. You will have used your brains to make so much money you won't need a SSI check. You pay the govt so they can pay you when you retire. This is no different than for those that draw money off a card or a check. Both of you, I'm stopping there, you have to be embrassed enough. If not, go talk to your parents or someone you know that has more sense. They will lay it out for you.

Pitiful....
well

Middlesboro, KY

#9 Jul 15, 2010
you telling them girl.
store worker

Manchester, KY

#10 Jul 15, 2010
everybody that came in tonight wanted candy, pop and energy drinks. theyre diet probably improved.
store worker

Manchester, KY

#11 Jul 15, 2010
dont everybody take all of this stuff personally. there are a lot of people who do things right. but there are a bunch more who don't. a can of mt dew on ebt then $20 cash for cigarettes? that's what gets people ticked off.
country guy

Ford City, PA

#12 Jul 15, 2010
but does anyone know why the state has cut them off? this is why i never post in b'ville under my registered name they never stay on topic on this forum, it always has to be a bunch of arguing crap. Every machine is saying shut down by distributer. i would say the state is the distributer, so why have they cut it off, i talked to a store owner that said theyve haddem' close to 20 yrs and have never seen it happen before. wonder why?
think

Barbourville, KY

#13 Jul 15, 2010
Well, if the system has never cracked in 20 years, a glitch would not seem that unreal. Electronically, things can go haywire. They will fix it. It's not like it's a mystery why it is down. The state didn't cut it off either. That's a crock. Like they just say, "Oh, flip the switch on the EBT machine Governor."

I bet it's a technology issue.

And a store worker saying everyone coming in wanting candy and stuff, that's usually why I head to a store myself. I don't go there to buy cars, it's usually junk food. That's about all these little places have anymore. Even big box stores have more junk than health food. If you worked at GNC store worker, I could understand. BUT YOU DON'T. So, look in the store the next time you go in, and take an inventory on how much junk there is vs health food to begin with. Then you wouldn't make the dumbest comment I've ever heard from a "store worker". Like it's that hard to ring something up. If it wasn't for those EBT machines giving you work to do, you may not even have a job. Then guess what, your a s s would be using EBT yourself.
unreal

Barbourville, KY

#14 Jul 15, 2010
store worker wrote:
everybody that came in tonight wanted candy, pop and energy drinks. theyre diet probably improved.
Since America has a massive obesity problem, don't you think that is what a lot of people are consuming that are not on food stamps. The other 50% of your brain is blind to the rest of the world, isn't it? I don't use EBT, but I would be a piece of stank if I just started running my jaw about it because the machines went down. They help feed families, keep kids and parents from starving, and you've got some rude comment. Wait till you get in the real world, bagging groceries don't count. I know you have to be one of those 16 year old kids I see using the plastic at IGA.
heard that

London, KY

#15 Jul 15, 2010
workin Girl wrote:
Ok, I work Everyday, I dont make a whole lot but I do work everyday, & I draw stamps myself not for myself but for my child, & Its because I barley meet the requirements, Ive only drawed them for about 7 months now, & im thankful they are there for me! With all my Bills and everyday needs & clothes and such for my child, its hard to survive! So you can say anything you want but im not a drug head or bum, i do work, but i do get help to. So you can say anything youw ant but the truth is, yea there are some people who abuse the system but not everyone! i will pray for you, because God wouldnt want you judging anyone eles & you never know you may just have to have stamps one day in life or your kids might have to or your mother or sister or brother you never know! Dont be so fast to judge & be a little more curtious! Only children make fun of and call names at others!
That is the purpose of getting food stamps.you sound like a very sensible mother.I am sorry you are having a hard time,sounds like to me you are doing the best you can.It is a shame that people that really don't need stamps abuse the system and take away from deserving people.If i were some people i would not may be fast to judge.Who knows what kind of financial situation they may find themselfs in next month.
twiddledee

Barbourville, KY

#16 Jul 16, 2010
ooooo my godsh....the world has come to an end....
well

Middlesboro, KY

#17 Jul 16, 2010
Twiddledee. If i was you i would not put my real name either. because i can tell you are a real AS@!!!! MAKE FUN YOUR DAY WILL COME.EVERYBODY DOES.
twiddledee

Barbourville, KY

#18 Jul 16, 2010
well big freakin deal im so tired of the boohooing...i have every right to say how i feel...guess what im taxpayer how about u?

“and then?”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#19 Jul 16, 2010
well wrote:
Twiddledee. If i was you i would not put my real name either. because i can tell you are a real AS@!!!! MAKE FUN YOUR DAY WILL COME.EVERYBODY DOES.
thats right well everyone has their own right to an opinion....i dont see any reason for name calling do you? maybe twiddledee is upset with the system and the way it works...the real ___ may just be society in general
well

Middlesboro, KY

#20 Jul 16, 2010
yes. I am a taxpayer work everyday. for the school board. have for many years. and guess what! I love that the people that needs it are getting my tax's dollars. There may come a day that they are paying for me you never know. now do you. so you go ahead and tell everybody how you feel. and when you lose your job lets see if you get on here and tell all of us that you just got your ebt card or not.
it bad

Barbourville, KY

#21 Jul 16, 2010
twiddledee wrote:
well big freakin deal im so tired of the boohooing...i have every right to say how i feel...guess what im taxpayer how about u?
pee wee you need to shut up i bet your moma is drawing enought for you how many candy bars have you had today tax payer

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
German shepard 16 min Jackie 1
jeff vaughn not dories jeff violas jeff is a rat 53 min Junes son Jeff Va... 4
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr havent forgotten 131,904
How many kindergarten teachers at Lay? 3 hr question 11
terry smith from the creek 5 hr wondering 4
Brett 6 hr sorry 2
To the Garland family 8 hr Friend 5
what happen on the creek ambulances an law is u... 20 hr Get a life 8
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:09 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 2:09PM
RT Eric Winston quickly settling in with Bengals
NBC Sports 3:14 PM
Losers of 13 of 14, Titans set for top draft pick - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Broncos vs. Bengals: TV Info, Spread, Injury Updates, Game Time and More
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions
NBC Sports11:17 AM
Peyton Manning officially questionable for Monday night