Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
77,441 - 77,460 of 130,287 Comments Last updated 8 hrs ago
Idiot Hater

Jamestown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2012

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
I think rather God will have the goat herders eat the arm.
"Through the wrath of the LORD of hosts is the land darkened, and the people shall be as the fuel of the fire: no man shall spare his brother. And he shall snatch on the right hand, and be hungry; and he shall eat on the left hand, and they shall not be satisfied: they shall eat every man the flesh of his own arm." -- Isaiah 9:19-20
God is having to much fun.
Yeah, "he's" a laugh riot. About as funny as a train wreck.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2012

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't want to turn this into a CC debate but even some of the most ardent skeptics have come around on this topic. I'm not a climate scientist and I'm pretty sure you aren't either, but when the experts all start to get on the same page year after year it is a fair bet they are onto something.
They are on to something... It's called Money... Try to get a grant to study how Global Warming is Not Man involved... Try to stay in a university setting where your research requires funding while it seeks study in Non Man involved climate change... It has Become a Religion every bit as much as the fundies you reel against...

Let even a undergrad seek funding for a project that seeks to show Man did it and he will be the toast of the campus.. Even when one of the religions high priests who has no background in science says stuff like "The core of the Earth is Millions of Degrees" he is praised by the followers....

I would love to hear even One example of the Eco Religion's past claims of gloom and doom that has been correct...

The Thread is about Bible Study so this is dead on Topic.. It just happens to be a Different Bible that the KJV and the Same mindset many of those that take on the Jesus based religion, take as Faith those that preach GIA based Religion when in reality they are the same...
Very good

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2012

Judged:

Bible should be in school
Very good

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2012

Judged:

God should be in school
Yes and Amen

Clay City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2012

Judged:

Support marriage wrote:
In February 2011, Obama instructed the Department of Justice not to defend the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA)– the law that says marriage is the union between one man and one woman. It’s the law supported by the majority of American citizens who do not want marriage in America radically redefined by an aggressive homosexual lobby. Obama’s support for overturning DOMA is no mystery. But what the media hasn’t reported is that behind the scenes, Obama’s Department of Justice has been actively filing briefs against the law – on our dime!
As Concerned Women for America’s own legal counsel Mario Diaz wrote in
The Washington Times:“He even has forced the American people to spend their own tax dollars to fight against it in the courts. In the same manner that today he tries to make us believe that this is only his personal belief and that it will have no impact on policy … the administration sold many on the idea that it simply would stop defending the law and nothing more.” Not true. Diaz continues:“Since then,[the DOJ] has been actively filing briefs against the law arguing that its enactment was motivated in significant part by animus towards gays and lesbians.” So Obama is using our tax money to argue that those of us who support traditional marriage and wanted the sanctity of that union protected through DOMA were really motivated by hatred toward gays and lesbians? This idea and line of reasoning is ludicrous and an affront to the American people that is worthy of an immediate and strong response. That’s why CWA has launched a national petition campaign telling Congress to Stand for Marriage by protecting the Defense of Marriage Act.
++ Petition Delivery in Defense of DOMA Announced!
Since launching our petition, we’ve seen an incredible grassroots response from American citizens who are angry that Obama would simply put his personal opinions above those of the American people. From the response we are seeing American women and men who support traditional marriage aren’t willing to allow the President or the homosexual lobby to silence their outrage over DOMA, and they are eager to make their voices heard all the way to Capitol Hill! And we are hearing them. That’s why I’ve alerted my staff to start preparing for an Emergency Petition Delivery to key lawmakers – including House Speaker John Boehner - who may be considering backing away from defending traditional marriage in order to avoid the wrath of the homosexual lobby during a pivotal election year! We the People are duty-bound to speak up, demonstrating to Congress that this is a pivotal issue and that marriage must be defended. Beginning next Thursday, June 21, our staff will be marching into the Capitol Hill offices of key elected leaders letting them know that the majority of Americans think marriage is worth fighting for, and they should too! We simply cannot allow this administration, or a relatively small group of homosexual activists, to force us to accept the radicalization of marriage, our families and our culture. Study after study confirms what the majority of Americans already know, that society and our children thrive in traditional roles – one mother, one father. But if we do nothing, if we allow the radical homosexual lobby to speak for us, there will be no turning back!++ Alert your Conservative Friends! Forward this message to them. Encourage them to be part of this vital petition effort to defend traditional marriage by clicking below and allowing CWA to represent them on Capitol Hill on this issue! Urge them to go here to sign our “Stand for Marriage” petition: http://www.cwfa.cc/828/petition.asp...
With your help between now and June 21, I believe we may be able to rally and mobilize an additional 5,000 or even 10,000 citizens who have the courage to stand for traditional marriage in America. Thank you in advance for answering my call.
I've already signed this one from my e-mails!
Yes and Amen

Clay City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2012

Judged:

As I See It wrote:
IN Response to "Support Marriage" above:
Politicians have always wasted our tax money on things we
may or may not agree with. Obama and his crew are no exceptions.
I don't have an issue if homosexuals want to live together,
that is really not any of my concern what they do. Yes, they
have hi-jacked the word 'gay' which used to be used as a cute
name for a little girl or simply an expression for someone
being happy. When the word 'marriage' is used, I think of it
as being a union of one man and one woman being united in
matrimony or wedlock. Here again there is a hi-jacking of a
word, this time it's 'marriage'. Then again, what does it
matter what I think, I don't own a monopoly on any of the words
in the English language...like the air we breathe, we will share
it if we want to live, we simply can't hold our breath just
because there may be a thought somehow that someone that we may
not agree with has breathed it before.
Speaking of Breathing air...
My Brother was in prison on drug charges...
They had two man rooms, his roomie was a descent guy, but his friend that went on work details with, had a gay for a room mate...
one day, as they got back from work detail, my brothers friend popped into his room, and popped right back out with an ugly look on his face, holding his nose, he told my brother....
"It smells like poo poo in here!" as while he was out...
his friends room mate had sex in there room...
Now... that might be expected in Prison, as there is a high number of Un-Righteous people there!
Now... I don't mind breathing air that someone else has breathed,
but... I might object to poo poo air!
Just saying!
Yes and Amen

Clay City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2012

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Spamtastic! Oh and an aggressive homosexual lobby would be a hallway painted vividly with a nice beat in the background.
Now back to clenching your sphincter in fear.
Don't forget the hint of the smell of Poo , hidden by some cheap hi-karate... LOL
Yes and Amen

Clay City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2012

Judged:

Apple At Cha wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it so funny that you interpret the constitution like you do your bible: i.e. selectively.
And by your inane personal rants in which you purposely refuse to show respect due his position and office, you yet again prove that IF you are due the amount of respect you show others, you are due none.
The 'Office' deserves respect... Not the enemy within!
We do pray for him...
I also pray he finds a new job!
Yes and Amen

Clay City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2012

Judged:

Apple At Cha wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and you show Christ's love by name calling ("these Jokers"). Way to win another soul for Christ!
The reason you have been here for two years is because you can't stand not having the last word - because in your little mind, having the last word means the other person has assented to your argument.
You are one of the Biggest jokers here...
Hahahaha!
Yes and Amen

Clay City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2012

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Man's Effect on Global Climate is Zero... Nada... Zilch...
Total CO2 content of the atmosphere is .02%... Of that which is Considered Green House Gas CO2 is just under 20% the other 80% is Water Vapor and Methane... of the 20% Human production of CO2 is 2% the other 18% is the product of the Earth in CO2 release from Decomp and Carbonaceous rock... Of the Methane less than .5% is of Organic source the other 95.5% is Natural Chemical process....
Is the climate changing.. Absolutely... Can Human Kind do Anything about it... Absolutely Not...
Like I said....
You are the sharpest stick here!
LOL
Yes and Amen

Clay City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2012

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
IF a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his a$$....
Have you actually done a study of the G-force impact of a frog's butt on landing???
I'll bet it's minimal if any at all!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2012

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said....
You are the sharpest stick here!
LOL
Like I said ... When someone agree with me I'm Sharp as a tack, When someone disagrees I'm Dumb as a stump....

So Opinions Vary....

Just don't think it good to replace one delusional religious view with another delusional religious view....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2012

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Have you actually done a study of the G-force impact of a frog's butt on landing???
A Bump is a bump is a bump.... But I am also sure that someone, at some time in science has measured, collected data, experimentally verified and run the numbers.... Just never made peer review....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2012

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Have you actually done a study of the G-force impact of a frog's butt on landing???
Minimal is relative....

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2012

Judged:

Very good wrote:
God should be in school
That naughty boy. Is he cutting classes again?
Just wait 'til his daddy finds out and takes a belt to his behind.
Yes and Amen

Clay City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2012

Judged:

Good nite, and God Bless!
My nap is running out, and work in the Morning!

“Memento mori”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2012

Judged:

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
That naughty boy. Is he cutting classes again?
Just wait 'til his daddy finds out and takes a belt to his behind.
Just like Jesus did with his cat o' nine tails in the temple.
Rev Harlan Pritchett

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Hitting is not a part of what jesus taught. The time has come to cast satan out, let your hatred go, love is the way to eternal life, jesus never said turn or burn, satan is using you. Repent the end is near.
Amen brother! Spread the Word.

Turn or burn.
Yes and Amen

Wayland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Judged:

Idiot Hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Again with the evasion and non-answers.
Its not about "questioning god" or life not being easy. My point is the book says over and over whatsoever you pray in my name shall be gave to you, healing, ect or some such. But if a devoted christian amputee earnestly and humbly prays for healing, his/her arm/leg will not grow back. It is a medical IMPOSSIBILITY. Not one documented case in RECORDED HISTORY. Salamander, salamanders mind you, are the only creatures on the planet who come close to it and that is their tails.
You seem like an intelligent girl. But your indoctrination will not permit you one second of doubt. But, really deep doen in your heart and everywhere in the reasoning center of your brain, you have to know I'm asking a valid question. It's a flaw in the book's system.
"It is a medical IMPOSSIBILITY. Not one documented case in RECORDED HISTORY"
The Bible IS Recorded History!
Jesus healed the Guards ear in the garden!
John
21:24 This is the disciple who testifieth of these things, and
wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true.
21:25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did,
which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even
the world itself could not contain the books that would be
written. Amen.
Let's go about 6 years back, a soon to be Mom was told by the Doctor... things didn't look good for her Baby!
That termination was an option, she said NO!
The Baby was delivered with <1/2 a heart, no, or lil arteries to the lungs! Doctor says "Your baby is going to DIE!
Mom says "You have this one Wrong!" Doctor says "No, I wrote the book on this problem, your baby is going to die!"
The Next day... the Baby's Heart, and arteries was Perfect!
Soooooo What do you say to that?
You going to be a Believer?
Now...
What excuse would you give "IF" someone did get their leg, or arm back????
Jesus Told the Pharasees "This evil generation seeks a sign, but no sign will be given them!"
He also told Thomas "You believe it's me, because you've seen me, Blessed are they the Believe, and have Not seen!
God is real... No photographs, toaster shakings, or Mildew in a tub....
You can believe or not... We, and God prefer you do, but it is your choice
Rev Harlan Pritchett

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Judged:

Idiot Hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay Rev. I can see you're one of those evaders that always manage to sneak in a plug at the end of each comment so I'll cut to the chase.
Imagine Rev, two young christians, one with an affliction, read this from your book:
"And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective."
James 5:15-16 (NIV)
and this:
“And their prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make them well. And anyone who has committed sins will be forgiven. Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and wonderful results.”
James 5:15-16 (NLT)
and one friend prays for his afflicted brother in christ like this,"Dear Lord, You know my friend so much better than I do. You know his sickness and the burden he carries. You also know his heart. Lord, I ask you to be with my friend now as you work in his life. Lord, let your will be done in my friend's life. If there is a sin that needs to be confessed and forgiven, please help him to see his need and confess.
Lord, I pray for my friend just as your Word tells me to pray, for healing. I believe you hear this earnest prayer from my heart and that it is powerful because of your promise. I have faith in you, Lord, to heal my friend, but I also trust in the plan you have for his life.
Lord, I don't always understand your ways. I don't know why my friend has to suffer, but I trust you. I ask that you look with mercy and grace toward my friend. Nourish his spirit and soul in this time of suffering and comfort him with your presence.
Let my friend know you are there with him through this difficulty. Give him strength. And may you, through this difficulty, be glorified in his life and also in mine. Amen."
Now imagine the friend's affliction is...
an amputated arm?
So in short "Rev",
WHY DOESN'T GOD HEAL AMPUTEES????????
I think I'll stay on one side and turn down the turn.
Good question. I know that it can be confusing and hear your torment, so I’ll cut to the chase too. God heals souls, but doesn’t replace an eye for an eye or a tooth for a tooth. That’s maybe what Santa would do if he were real. Give your soul a rest and be calm. Now that’s a powerful healing.

Turn or burn.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 11 min Syl 150,057
Churches 38 min So true 5
Missy Lake 43 min Well 2
D Boone Days 2 hr Hey 2
KJB marriage straight from the bible!! Marriage... 6 hr yea right 6
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 7 hr Jealous Person 3,474
Charmaine 8 hr Shameless 1

Search the Barbourville Forum:
•••
•••