Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,006

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#80843 Jun 18, 2012
HELL: ETERNAL TORMENT OR ANNIHILATION?

Samuele Bacchiocchi, Ph. D., Andrews University

Josephus and the Dead Sea Scrolls. Traditionalists often cite Josephusí description of the Essene belief about the immortality of the soul and the eternal punishment of the wicked to support their contention that such a belief was widely accepted in New Testament times.

Let us look at the text closely before making any comment. Josephus tells us that the Essenes adopted from the Greeks not only the notion that "the souls are immortal, and continue for ever," but also the belief that "the good souls have their habitations beyond the ocean," in a region where the weather is perfect, while "bad souls [are cast in] a dark and tempestuous den, full of never-ceasing punishments.

"17 Josephus continues explaining that such a belief derives from Greek "fables" and is built "on the supposition that the souls are immortal" and that "bad men ... suffer immortal punishment after death."18 He calls such beliefs "an unavoidable bait for such as have once had a taste for their [Greek] philosophy."

http://www.biblicalperspectives.com/books/imm...
Rev Harlan Pritchett

Cincinnati, OH

#80844 Jun 18, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>I do not hide I am right here. So you hold yourself above others, I have read the kjv and jesus says you will not be welcome in his house, for the arrogant are forever cast out, believe what you want I know the truth, god will judge not you. Good day.
You have judged me, Godís humble servant, as unworthy of being welcomed into His house. And you call me arrogant. God welcomes all His children into His home.

God will forgive us both for our sins, so as Fez often said,ďgood day.Ē

Turn or burn.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#80845 Jun 18, 2012
Rev Harlan Pritchett wrote:
<quoted text>
You have judged me, Godís humble servant, as unworthy of being welcomed into His house. And you call me arrogant. God welcomes all His children into His home.
God will forgive us both for our sins, so as Fez often said,ďgood day.Ē
Turn or burn.
Unlike you god has spoken to some and you are not welcome with you hate speech, you must use gods divine word the bible and the love of all as jesus said, as the guide.
Idiot Hater

Jamestown, KY

#80846 Jun 18, 2012
<quoted text>
Ahh, thank you Jesus! A new heathen in need, one who is pretty sharp but still chooses to mock the Holy Word in the spirit of defiance!
(We need some red ink option here, but Iíll just capitalize for emphasis.)
You started off on a negative foot by introducing yourself as a hater. God doesnít practice voodoo, but some people do. He didnít hurt you, but some people did. You can give up hate.
I canít make you turn or keep you from burning. Pray to ask God to have his servant give you a call and I will ring your phone. He knows your number. Let the Powerful Healing begin.
Turn and donít burn.
A meet and greet, eh? So, Reverend if I may...
tell me, how did you come into the grace of jesus christ, ummmm saved, baptized? And curiously what brought you humbly as a child to the son of man?
I ask because its usually one of three reasons;
fear;
guilt; or
desperation.

El Dorado Hills, CA

#80847 Jun 18, 2012
<quoted text>
Bertrand Russell was a left-wing trouble-maker who tried to remake Britain in his own image. But who appointed him Godís publisher. No one appointed him Biblical spokesperson. Jesus doesnít have any flaws in His moral character. As an esteemed member of the Holy Trinity, He defines and perfectly exemplifies morality.
Did we ask Hitler to critique the US Constitution? Letís get real and move on to less blasphemous content.
Who made you judge and jury of this man? The teaching of hell-fire is cruel and from greeks and other pagans. Well documented. N.T borrowed it from the greeks and others Rev.

Question: Do you think hell-fire is cruel punishment?
Darryl Washington

Cincinnati, OH

#80848 Jun 18, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>As you ignore the laws set forth in the bible you judge when you should heed the words.
Judge not, lest ye be judged.

Turn or burn.
Darryl Washington

Cincinnati, OH

#80849 Jun 18, 2012
Idiot Hater wrote:
<quoted text>
A meet and greet, eh? So, Reverend if I may...
tell me, how did you come into the grace of jesus christ, ummmm saved, baptized? And curiously what brought you humbly as a child to the son of man?
I ask because its usually one of three reasons;
fear;
guilt; or
desperation.
Gifts, awe and humility, but itís not about me. Itís about spreading the Good News.

“There is no god.”

USA

#80850 Jun 18, 2012
Darryl Washington wrote:
<quoted text>
Turn or burn.
Very important words, now apply them, let god decide what happens for you are not the judge of man and you do not decide what god does with man. Change now, let satan go before jesus comes, not much time left.
Darryl Washington

Cincinnati, OH

#80851 Jun 18, 2012
Rev. Harry asked me to help relieve his burden by responding so some of these messages so he could get a few winks of sleep. Heís a powerful servant of God. Never one to mince words, Revvy tells it like it is even when it rubs the wrong way. But his greatest strength is his a good and gentle soul. For me, Revvy is sort of like a velvet hammer; it may not hurt a lot, but youíll know it when youíve been hit. Revvy really knocked the sin out of me and Iím proud member of his flock.

El Dorado Hills, CA

#80852 Jun 18, 2012
Darryl Washington wrote:
<quoted text>
Turn or burn.
Doing some trolling today Darryl. Are you incharge of the hamburgers today "turn or burn".? I for one don't care for burn burgers.
Darryl Washington

Cincinnati, OH

#80853 Jun 18, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Very important words, now apply them, let god decide what happens for you are not the judge of man and you do not decide what god does with man. Change now, let satan go before jesus comes, not much time left.
Youíre preaching to the choir, brother. I know Revvy feels the same way. Heíll be reading your messages after heís refreshed and has taken nourishment. He works so hard that itís an inspiration to all of us.
Darryl Washington

Cincinnati, OH

#80854 Jun 18, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Doing some trolling today Darryl. Are you incharge of the hamburgers today "turn or burn".? I for one don't care for burn burgers.
No, just filling in for Revvy as best I can, but I donít understand about hamburgers. thanks.

“There is no god.”

USA

#80855 Jun 18, 2012
Darryl Washington wrote:
Rev. Harry asked me to help relieve his burden by responding so some of these messages so he could get a few winks of sleep. Heís a powerful servant of God. Never one to mince words, Revvy tells it like it is even when it rubs the wrong way. But his greatest strength is his a good and gentle soul. For me, Revvy is sort of like a velvet hammer; it may not hurt a lot, but youíll know it when youíve been hit. Revvy really knocked the sin out of me and Iím proud member of his flock.
Hitting is not a part of what jesus taught. The time has come to cast satan out, let your hatred go, love is the way to eternal life, jesus never said turn or burn, satan is using you. Repent the end is near.

“There is no god.”

USA

#80856 Jun 18, 2012
Darryl Washington wrote:
<quoted text>
Youíre preaching to the choir, brother. I know Revvy feels the same way. Heíll be reading your messages after heís refreshed and has taken nourishment. He works so hard that itís an inspiration to all of us.
Doing gods work invigorates, satans work is hard on the soul, tell the rev to let his anger go, not to late.

El Dorado Hills, CA

#80857 Jun 18, 2012
Darryl Washington wrote:
<quoted text>
Turn or burn.
So God gets to have all the fun turning and burning people forever.
God doesn't want you to sacrifice humans in the fire. Its Gods job.
God is love.

Deuteronomy 18:10-13
Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD, and because of these detestable practices the LORD your God will drive out those nations before you. You must be blameless before the LORD your God.
Idiot Hater

Jamestown, KY

#80858 Jun 18, 2012
Darryl Washington wrote:
<quoted text>
Gifts, awe and humility, but itís not about me. Itís about spreading the Good News.
Okay Rev. I can see you're one of those evaders that always manage to sneak in a plug at the end of each comment so I'll cut to the chase.
Imagine Rev, two young christians, one with an affliction, read this from your book:

"And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective."
James 5:15-16 (NIV)

and this:

ďAnd their prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make them well. And anyone who has committed sins will be forgiven. Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and wonderful results.Ē
James 5:15-16 (NLT)

and one friend prays for his afflicted brother in christ like this,"Dear Lord, You know my friend so much better than I do. You know his sickness and the burden he carries. You also know his heart. Lord, I ask you to be with my friend now as you work in his life. Lord, let your will be done in my friend's life. If there is a sin that needs to be confessed and forgiven, please help him to see his need and confess.

Lord, I pray for my friend just as your Word tells me to pray, for healing. I believe you hear this earnest prayer from my heart and that it is powerful because of your promise. I have faith in you, Lord, to heal my friend, but I also trust in the plan you have for his life.

Lord, I don't always understand your ways. I don't know why my friend has to suffer, but I trust you. I ask that you look with mercy and grace toward my friend. Nourish his spirit and soul in this time of suffering and comfort him with your presence.

Let my friend know you are there with him through this difficulty. Give him strength. And may you, through this difficulty, be glorified in his life and also in mine. Amen."

Now imagine the friend's affliction is...

an amputated arm?

So in short "Rev",

WHY DOESN'T GOD HEAL AMPUTEES????????

I think I'll stay on one side and turn down the turn.

El Dorado Hills, CA

#80859 Jun 18, 2012
I think rather God will have the goat herders eat the arm.

"Through the wrath of the LORD of hosts is the land darkened, and the people shall be as the fuel of the fire: no man shall spare his brother. And he shall snatch on the right hand, and be hungry; and he shall eat on the left hand, and they shall not be satisfied: they shall eat every man the flesh of his own arm." -- Isaiah 9:19-20

God is having to much fun.

“There is no god.”

USA

#80860 Jun 18, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
"Through the wrath of the LORD of hosts is the land darkened, and the people shall be as the fuel of the fire: no man shall spare his brother. And he shall snatch on the right hand, and be hungry; and he shall eat on the left hand, and they shall not be satisfied: they shall eat every man the flesh of his own arm." -- Isaiah 9:19-20
Sounds like a good time to be heavily invested in barbecue sauce.
Idiot Hater

Jamestown, KY

#80861 Jun 18, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
Yeah, "he's" a laugh riot. About as funny as a train wreck.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#80862 Jun 18, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't want to turn this into a CC debate but even some of the most ardent skeptics have come around on this topic. I'm not a climate scientist and I'm pretty sure you aren't either, but when the experts all start to get on the same page year after year it is a fair bet they are onto something.
They are on to something... It's called Money... Try to get a grant to study how Global Warming is Not Man involved... Try to stay in a university setting where your research requires funding while it seeks study in Non Man involved climate change... It has Become a Religion every bit as much as the fundies you reel against...

Let even a undergrad seek funding for a project that seeks to show Man did it and he will be the toast of the campus.. Even when one of the religions high priests who has no background in science says stuff like "The core of the Earth is Millions of Degrees" he is praised by the followers....

I would love to hear even One example of the Eco Religion's past claims of gloom and doom that has been correct...

The Thread is about Bible Study so this is dead on Topic.. It just happens to be a Different Bible that the KJV and the Same mindset many of those that take on the Jesus based religion, take as Faith those that preach GIA based Religion when in reality they are the same...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 36 min Go Blue Forever 26,266
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 hr Teatard nation 153,156
Republicans have tunnel vision!! 3 hr God 74
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 4 hr yeah man 4,579
Barbourville high school salaries WOW 6 hr Well 9
Breeze Gregory 6 hr Holly blevins 3
Mike Smith, Warren and Baker 7 hr Tommy 2
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••