Have Surface Mining Card ... Need Job !!!

Posted in the Barbourville Forum

Black Diamond

Sheridan, AR

#1 Oct 7, 2010
Well, I just obtained my inexperienced surface mining card with the expectation of being put straight to work ... but the man that essentially promised me a position says he doesn't need anyone right now. Anyway, I would love more than anything to find a job in the strip mining business so I can put this card to work and gain the experience necessary to begin a career. If there is anyone out there that may be a foreman or any title in the business that knows of an opening, please let me know. I have a driver's license and am willing to travel out of town to work. Thanks! P.
Black Diamond

Sheridan, AR

#2 Oct 7, 2010
Come on guys ... I need some feedback !!! If you even know anyone working in the Strip Mines, give me a holler. A phone number too. Thanks!!!
Black Diamond

Sheridan, AR

#3 Oct 7, 2010
Still no feedback !!! This is crazy. I know someone out there has an ole man or something in the strip mines. Come on people. This site aint just for bashing people and starting rumors. Help a fellow out.... Thanks!
Miner

London, KY

#4 Oct 7, 2010
Try Alden Resources office is in Corbin.
goodluck

Gray, KY

#5 Oct 8, 2010
Goodluck man.. surface jobs are hard to come by.. Underground is where your jobs and money are.. but they are hard to find around here. Coal is to low around here anyway.. if you travel to hazard and others places your looking at good money. I have a cousin that works for teco in hazard and makes $24 a hour and pulls 60+ hours a week.. time and a half over time.
Black Diamond

Sheridan, AR

#6 Oct 8, 2010
Thanks man... to the both of you guys ! I called Alden and I'm gonna go put in an application on Tuesday. The receptionist said they wasn't hiring right now, but she keeps applications on file for 3 months. And yeah, if I have no luck in the next few days, I guess I will travel to Hazard and go door-to-door. If anyone else out there knows of anyone in the surface mines, family or friends, and thinks they may be able to help me out here, give me a way of contacting them and I will be greatly appreciative. Thanks!
surface miner

Sheridan, AR

#7 Oct 9, 2010
I'v been surface mining for 30 + yrs. email me danny300@live.com I might help you
Black Diamond

Sheridan, AR

#8 Oct 12, 2010
Thanks Danny300, I sent the email. Anyone else out there have a lead for me? Know someone in surface mining that could use an entry-level worker on a crew? Just let me know. Greatly appreciative!!!
Black Diamond

Sheridan, AR

#9 Oct 12, 2010
Hey people ... just putting this back on top of the forum. The leads so far hasn't led to anything. Again, if any of you know any surface miners or have any pull in this field, let me know. I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
Black Diamond

Sheridan, AR

#10 Oct 15, 2010
Just putting this back on top people. I am still looking and asking people that work as surface miners. Does anyone have a lead for me ? If so, please comment here. I need that job bad. Thanks!
Black Diamond

Sheridan, AR

#11 Oct 17, 2010
I'm still looking and here it is Sunday night,... no luck so far. Just wanted to put it back on top of forums. Thanks!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wanted: Automatic Transmission for 2002 Chevy S... 25 min Still Looking 5
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 40 min dollarsbill 131,848
Knox Central 41 min inquirer 1
diabetic foot (May '09) 1 hr Cory Trevor 8
Porsche mills 1 hr Prayers 17
Creek mart 2 hr guest 4
hp laptop 3 hr slim 14
city of barbourville 5 hr next time 13
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Mon Corky 51
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:17 pm PST

Bleacher Report 6:17PM
Tennessee Titans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
NBC Sports 4:32 AM
Taylor Lewan wants you to know he's not a "scumbag"
NFL 6:58 AM
Dez Bryant's big night headlines Week 15's awards
Bleacher Report 7:18 AM
Tennessee Titans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars: Complete Week 16 Preview for Tennesse
NBC Sports12:38 PM
Dexter McCluster out Thursday, likely out Week 17 as well