London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2011

Judged:

Thank you so much for keeping the citizen's of Knox County informed. Hope that misfortune never comes your way or your families.

It is a really bad feeling being a prisioner in your on home.

I hope this never happens to you (theft and drug dealer in your area) or your family. Living with a drug infested County that use to feel like the safest place in the world.

I know visiting family in Michigan, I couldn't wait to come home where I felt safe and my community was like a family. It's now full of thugs, druggies, thieves. You have to worry if your driving down the road or your child if you will meet a dui like the one that was killed (Mike Hensley), you can't go to work not worring about your home will be broken into. I sit at home and worry about my parent's who are elderly, being broke into.

Do we not have the right class of people this is happening to in order to get a little information out (facebook, advocate, jail tracker, wymt).

Just like the poor old lady up Stinking Creek that was killed, that was the only time I even thought we had thieves and murders going on in this County.

I know this is going strong in Knox, Laurel, Bell and Clay Co. I have posted on this topix trying to keep people informed. I have patroled these area's day and night and have had my first time to see a State Police or Sherrif car.

How many people have pulled out in front of you at T&L pawn shop as you are going into Barbourville and how many people trying to pull out of Barbourville going toward Corbin have seen on coming traffic? When this problem is being presented over and over what do you think will happen when the right people get hit or killed there.

You are pushing people in a corner and when this happens they are going to come out fighting.

If you don't have money and resources, jails to put these criminals away then step down and let someone else see if they can get it done.

At least give our citizens a little hope. I know it's not election time, but people are not going to stand for this much longer.

“I got no Opinion”

Since: Dec 10

Cannon, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2011

Judged:

Vote them all out of office.
wolfman

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2011

Judged:

HELP WANTED wrote:
Thank you so much for keeping the citizen's of Knox County informed. Hope that misfortune never comes your way or your families.
I hope this never happens to you (theft and drug dealer in your area) or your family. Living with a drug infested County that use to feel like the safest place in the world.
I know visiting family in Michigan, I couldn't wait to come home where I felt safe and my community was like a family. It's now full of thugs, druggies, thieves. You have to worry if your driving down the road or your child if you will meet a dui like the one that was killed (Mike Hensley), you can't go to work not worring about your home will be broken into. I sit at home and worry about my parent's who are elderly, being broke into.
Do we not have the right class of people this is happening to in order to get a little information out (facebook, advocate, jail tracker, wymt).
Just like the poor old lady up Stinking Creek that was killed, that was the only time I even thought we had thieves and murders going on in this County.
I know this is going strong in Knox, Laurel, Bell and Clay Co. I have posted on this topix trying to keep people informed. I have patroled these area's day and night and have had my first time to see a State Police or Sherrif car.
How many people have pulled out in front of you at T&L pawn shop as you are going into Barbourville and how many people trying to pull out of Barbourville going toward Corbin have seen on coming traffic? When this problem is being presented over and over what do you think will happen when the right people get hit or killed there.
You are pushing people in a corner and when this happens they are going to come out fighting.
If you don't have money and resources, jails to put these criminals away then step down and let someone else see if they can get it done.
At least give our citizens a little hope. I know it's not election time, but people are not going to stand for this much longer.
you need to start watching the news,its not just knox county its all over the united states.the cops cant read their minds an know what an when their going to do something.you just someone that wants someone to blame.i think the sheriffs dept.does a very good job.
Question

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2011

Judged:

The sherrif's dept. is doing a good job, but I want to know who it is that is letting these theives, druggies, and thugs back on the street?

Yes we do know that these crimes are happening all over the U.S. And how do we know that? It is on the news, in newspapers, etc. It would be nice to have that here.
me to

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2011

wolfman wrote:
<quoted text>you need to start watching the news,its not just knox county its all over the united states.the cops cant read their minds an know what an when their going to do something.you just someone that wants someone to blame.i think the sheriffs dept.does a very good job.
i agree with you about the sheriffs dept.most people dont have a clue just how big this county is.when you get out an ride up every road an every holler in this county you have covered a great big area.not to mention that half of corbin is in knox co.my job takes me all over the county,so take my word for it.
Question

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2011

Judged:

I agree 100%. So, with this large area, don't you agree that we need more sheriff's deputies? Or keep these criminals in jail so they do not have an opportunity to commit a crime once again that calls for the need of more deputies?
me to

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2011

Judged:

Question wrote:
The sherrif's dept. is doing a good job, but I want to know who it is that is letting these theives, druggies, and thugs back on the street?
Yes we do know that these crimes are happening all over the U.S. And how do we know that? It is on the news, in newspapers, etc. It would be nice to have that here.
the cops can only arrest them.the rest is up to the judge.
iknow

Williamsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2011

Judged:

i just heard that lewis ray owner of tl pawn is in jail for trafficing pills from florida i dont know facts but it sure makes sense

“Not afraid to stand alone.”

Since: Jun 09

Flat Lick Ky.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2011

Judged:

me to wrote:
<quoted text>the cops can only arrest them.the rest is up to the judge.
Arresting criminals is not all a cops job is!!! The cop has to provide the court with the evidence to get a conviction. If you have shoddy police work then how can a court be expected to convict? They cant, so its a waste of money and resources and the criminals are back on the street.
HELP WANTED

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2011

Judged:

Listen, the police will tell you theirselves not enough money in investigation and the time it takes for court and paper work. Have been told this time after time. The biggest revenue brought in is speeding tickets.

Now, no one is saying that the sherrif is not doing his job, just saying if there is not enough of him to go around, seems to me the most sensible next step is to hire more help.
HELP WANTED

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2011

Judged:

me to wrote:
<quoted text>i agree with you about the sheriffs dept.most people dont have a clue just how big this county is.when you get out an ride up every road an every holler in this county you have covered a great big area.not to mention that half of corbin is in knox co.my job takes me all over the county,so take my word for it.
You are absolutely right, most people do not know the area that John and his deputies work spans. So why would a County this size have a few deputies. Maybe it is time to add a few more forces to come in and help. I am sure he would greatly appreciate it. Until then any suggestion on how far we let things go, before it is unreversible?
local man

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2011

Judged:

HELP WANTED wrote:
im a business man in barbourville and have checked with the city and they have meet with the state about that pawn shop on 25e and the owners property goes to the highway so they the state made that mistake so dont post before you know what you are talking about or call the city and get good info and mike hensley didnt get killed in town or even close
HELP WANTED

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2011

local man wrote:
<quoted text> im a business man in barbourville and have checked with the city and they have meet with the state about that pawn shop on 25e and the owners property goes to the highway so they the state made that mistake so dont post before you know what you are talking about or call the city and get good info and mike hensley didnt get killed in town or even close
No one said Mike was killed in front of pawn shop. Mike was killed on hwy 229 by a person under the influence. No one said he was killed at pawn shop.

So since the pawn shop owners property goes to the highway then that makes it alright, oh i see. If there is a chance of putting a life endanger that ok, they own property at the line....
friend

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2011

Mike was a good peron. How many times does his family sit and cry wondering why the person that took their family members life was out to do it again. This man (Mike) was going to his place of business where were the people going that hit him?
friend

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2011

Judged:

local man wrote:
<quoted text> im a business man in barbourville and have checked with the city and they have meet with the state about that pawn shop on 25e and the owners property goes to the highway so they the state made that mistake so dont post before you know what you are talking about or call the city and get good info and mike hensley didnt get killed in town or even close
As a business person also, who cares if his land meets the highway or that the State made that mistake, this is still going to be someone's problem when an accident happens.
What is T&L going to lay it on the State or will the State lay blame on the property owner. This is crazy, tell this to a family that is eventually going to be in an accident at this business.

“Not afraid to stand alone.”

Since: Jun 09

Flat Lick Ky.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2011

Judged:

me to wrote:
<quoted text>the cops can only arrest them.the rest is up to the judge.
If I were John I would be asking my deputies why their cases wont stand up in court. Im not saying that John is not doing his job but what good is it to make arrests without enough evidence to get a conviction.
wolfman

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2011

friend wrote:
<quoted text>As a business person also, who cares if his land meets the highway or that the State made that mistake, this is still going to be someone's problem when an accident happens.
What is T&L going to lay it on the State or will the State lay blame on the property owner. This is crazy, tell this to a family that is eventually going to be in an accident at this business.
the last time i went by there he had all the cars moved away back.i think that was wednsday morning.
wolfman

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2011

iknow wrote:
i just heard that lewis ray owner of tl pawn is in jail for trafficing pills from florida i dont know facts but it sure makes sense
i doubt that.
friend

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2011

Well the last time I went by he had his 4-wheelers parked almost on the road. I there also an entrance and exit to this business, because his clientele are not using them?
mad

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2011

Judged:

i tried to pull out from there the other day and had to set 10 minutes trying to get out he had four wheelers and cars both setting there i got so mad i started to go tell the mayor that he needs to do his job and have that junk moved out of the way so people can see to get out before a bad wreck happens there and someone gets killed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 3 min BIG_STEVIE 26,223
Johnnie Mcgegor at csc 4 min Big fan 3
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Straw Grasping Te... 150,067
Lesb or Bi 9 min Good time Sally 2
KJB marriage straight from the bible!! Marriage... 11 min Just saying 7
Charmaine 47 min Who 2
Churches 1 hr So true 5

Search the Barbourville Forum:
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Barbourville Jobs