|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2012

Judged:

"2016" The Movie, Go see the Movie and you will Know Desolation on USA

There is a story all over the news about a really stupid comment pro-life Republican Todd Akin made about abortion in the cases of rape and incest. Here is the story with some facts on our current President that actually supported infanticide while in the Illinois senate (You already knew that right?):

http://www.redstate.com/erick/2012/08/20/todd...

I have been waiting to hear a good argument put up on this topic but I haven’t heard it so here it is. This is not a defense of Tom Akin’s comment which is just plain stupid and wrong, and I believe this has become another distraction for Obama’s media to use. I believe that no other issue demonstrates liberalism better than this one does. Liberalism decides what is right and wrong based upon emotion and not fact. Rape and incest is a grave evil - no argument there. Abortion - is a grave evil and worse because it is the taking of innocent human life. The Church calls it an “intrinsic evil” in that under no circumstances can it be made good. If you are a Catholic and believe that abortion is acceptable in the cases of rape and incest then you are not in keeping with the Faith. If you have ever espoused that view then you need to go to confession because you have spread an intrinsic evil.

Will killing an innocent helpless human being make the pain of rape or incest go away? No. As a matter of fact most women in these cases don’t want abortions, and those that had them said it made the pain worse. This is only logical in that committing a worse evil can never be good for a person, especially a person that is already traumatized, it increases the trauma. We have to stop asking planned murderhood what they think on this issue and actually ask the victims: http://afterabortion.org/2010/sexual-assault-...

I believe that a civilization that is willing to accept the killing of innocent human life under any circumstances is a civilization that is doomed. I believe this because God has told us this in the first recorded murder of Cain killing his brother Abel:

"The voice of your brother's blood is crying to me from the ground. And now you are cursed from the ground, which has opened its mouth to receive your brother's blood from your hand" (Gen. 4:10-12).

This reference to the ground and the curse from the ground is connected to the Fall of man from God’s grace (Genesis 3-17-“cursed is the ground” and see Romans 8:21-22). Ever since the Roe V. Wade decision in 1972 the country has been in a steady state of decline in every measurable way, and every evil and self-destruction has flourished. God cannot deny Himself and bless evil. He doesn’t need the USA. We need Him. We need to obey Him, especially when it comes to serious mortal sin. We need to reject abortion in all cases. It is never justified, and it brings the curse.

(side note: Abel - whose sacrifice was found pleasing to God and this sacrifice is referenced in every Sacrifice of the Mass; this reference is purposeful, it was a prefigurement of the Holy Sacrifice of Christ that would undo the curse of the Fall, Abel and Christ were both innocent victims that were pleasing to God. Now Christ’s blood cries from the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass to God and undoes the curse.)

OF course Moe Howard was speaking of RU norm puke flory dory when he called larry and curly Lame Brain, Knucklehead, Numbskull ETC.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2012

Judged:

I don't usually favor killing babies, but in your case nancy, the world would have been much better off, in hindsight.

woof
StarryStarry

Hudson, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2012

Judged:

Duke for Mayor wrote:
I don't usually favor killing babies, but in your case nancy, the world would have been much better off, in hindsight.
woof
"You don't *usually* favor killing babies?
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2012

Judged:

StarryStarry wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I said.

woof

“The One! The Only! RUKiddingme”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey, Baby!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2012

Judged:

Mother Teresa would favor abortion if she met most of the posters here.

Looking at you, Starry!
StarryStarry

Hudson, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2012

Judged:

StarryStarry wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm guessing that you don't *usually* favor drowning kittens, smashing puppies or pulling wings off of butterflies?
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2012

Judged:

StarryStarry wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm guessing that you don't *usually* favor drowning kittens, smashing puppies or pulling wings off of butterflies?
I'm not sure why you would think that any of those activities would be relevant to the fact at issue here.

And the fact at issue would be, that based upon my reading your past comment on this website, I believe that you are a self righteous, pretentious, wind-bag, with the intellect of a rotting snail.

woof

“Don't quibble Sybil!”

Since: May 09

Trailer Park, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2012

Judged:

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure why you would think that any of those activities would be relevant to the fact at issue here.
And the fact at issue would be, that based upon my reading your past comment on this website, I believe that you are a self righteous, pretentious, wind-bag, with the intellect of a rotting snail.
woof
You attention is always appreciated. Jason Biggs would like for you to follow him on Twitter.

“Don't quibble Sybil!”

Since: May 09

Trailer Park, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2012

Judged:

RU_Kiddingme wrote:
Mother Teresa would favor abortion if she met most of the posters here.
Looking at you, Starry!
Chaz Bono is looking at you dear heart. So is Micheal Vicks.
Thou Shall Not Kill

Twinsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Judged:

Two days ago, I posted How to Defuse a Pro-Abortionist’s Arguments, and had some great comments. There was one in particular that I wanted to explore a little further plus another non-religious argument that I found online.
A regular commenter to our site posted:
“Also effective is pointing out the inconsistencies when it comes to laws that protect wildlife …like the California Condor and its eggs…where fines and jail time are imposed for killing an adult or destroying an egg (which is NOT a full grown Condor but which no one would argue is not a Condor)”
I’m ashamed to admit that as a trained wildlife biologist, this type of argument never occurred to me. I’ve always talked about saving a whale and killing a baby, but never did it dawn on me the aspect of the condor’s egg.
An egg is identical in development to an unborn child, the only difference being the location of the womb. The developing condor chick’s umbilical cord is attached to the yolk sac in the egg from which it derives its nutrition. The umbilical cord of an unborn human is attached to the mother’s placenta from which it derives its nutrition. Both unborns are encased in an embryonic sac. The condor’s sac is then surrounded by a calcium hardened shell whereas the human child’s embryonic sac is encased by the mother’s womb.
So why is it okay to kill an unborn human at the same stage of development when it is against state and federal law to kill or destroy the egg of a California condor?
While this argument sounds great, there is a fatal flaw in it. What about all of the other kind of bird eggs that people eat – chicken, duck, goose, turkey, quail, ostrich, etc.? What makes the condor egg so special and protected is that it is a rare and endangered species, whereas the other birds and humans are not. So I would be cautious in using this argument with an abortionist.
The other argument I would like to explore is the one many abortionists use. Have you ever heard an abortionist argue that abortions are safer and less harmful to women than giving live birth?
Thou Shall Not Kill

Twinsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Judged:

A recently released study conducted in Denmark has shown that the death rate for women having an abortion on the first pregnancy was significantly higher than the death rate of mothers during the process of giving birth. The study looked at the statistics over a 30 year period and found the death rates during the first trimester and after the first trimester were substantially higher for those having abortions than for those dying as a result of the birthing process. They also looked at the mortality rate of women after they had an abortion or gave live birth for a period of up to 10 years. Their conclusion states:

“Conclusions: Compared to women who delivered, women who had an early or late abortion had significantly higher mortality rates within 1 through 10 years. A lesser effect may also be present relative to miscarriage. Recommendations for additional research are offered.”

Dr. David C. Reardon, director of the Elliot Institute commented on the report saying:

“[They] were able to look at link records, death certificate records and the complete reproductive history, and the results showed that compared to women who gave birth, women who had abortions were about twice as likely to die in each of the ten years following an abortion. It was evident even within the first 180 days.”

“[They] basically take reports of maternal deaths and abortion deaths, when there’s no systematic way of gathering them, and they just claim that abortion is like 14 times safer than childbirth.

“Whereas, in fact, three different data sets from three different countries — the United States, Finland and Denmark — show that the opposite is true, that abortion has a higher mortality rate than childbirth.”

For my conclusion, I would be cautious using the condor egg argument to defuse an abortionist. However, if you ever have one claim that it’s safer and healthier for a woman to have an abortion that to give live birth, you now have the facts to defuse that argument and may even want to use it with those from the previous post. Before long, abortionists won’t have a leg to stand on except for their own personal belief and then it’s time to turn to Scripture.

StarryStarry

Hudson, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Normal Flora wrote:
<quoted text>Where is the citation or link to this study? Was it peer-reviewed in either NEJM, Lancet, or the Journal of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists? This is as worthless as the old "My sister-in-law knew someone at work who heard that..."
Change your style. It's embarrassing.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Judged:

StarryStarry wrote:
<quoted text>
Change your style. It's embarrassing.
That sounds like something you might have heard from your sister in law.

woof

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Barberton Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Barberton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance