Halloween Parades in the Lehigh Valley -- themorningcall.com

Full story: The Morning Call

Allentown: 2 p.m. Oct. 28. Begins at Allentown Fairgrounds, 17th and Chew streets and ends at Seventh and Hamilton streets.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 31 of31
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Dirk Duncum”

Since: Feb 07

Allentown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2007

Former parade supporter wrote:
Catty's parade is too long and dangerous. The wild parade goers throw stuff at the Marching bands and many bands have refused to come back because they don't want their kids pelted by candy. Also the parade route to too long and goes through a bad section of their town.
This needs to be changed.
bad section of Catty! ha! ha! ha!

“More sugar please.......”

Since: Aug 07

West End

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2007

SmokersAreLosers wrote:
Just returned from the Northampton parade. Must have been 50 fire trucks...3 or 4 UNDECORATED tow trucks, an UNDECORATED GARBAGE TRUCK, various other undecorated vehicles....all entered just for the FREE advertising and to have their name be seen on TV!!
How cheezy!! I certainly won't be patronizing these clowns!!
From someone who coordinated the Northampton Jack Frost Parade, we recieved numerous compliments that this year was one of the best parades in a long time. Due to the fact that there were over 100 entries for this parade to only have a handfull of undecorated vehicals is pretty amazing. Hey, with you not comming to the parade next year, there will be more room for people who will really appreciate the hard work it takes the VOLUNTEERS to coordinate the parade.
Welcome to Allentown West

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2007

Yes, but the Newcomers have NO idea what our parades were like in the glory days of Allentown, before they came.

You had to go up early to save a place for your family to sit.

We had a murder and pistol whipping at 11 and Hamilton, the A.M./P.M. at 12 and Hamilton has been armed robbed several times, the bank at 12 and Hamilton was robbed, and then at 13 th and Hamilton last week a gang of thugs armed robbed a youth for his phone.

Then the police are at the Hotel Traylor almost every night or several times a week.

At 8 th and Hamilton a car was stolen last month from infront of the Rite Aid.

The entire length and route of the parade is the scene of some kind of crime.

Madison and Franklin Streets are inhabited by many criminals and hit and runs occur there all the time.

Who in their right mind would ever come to Allentown to a parade
Tigger

Redmond, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2008

anyone know where to find the winners of the parades for best floats?
Crystal

Slatington, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2009

Hello, was wondering if anyone knew the route of the Northampton Parade this year? It was different last year and just wanted to check for this year. Thanks!
meow

Bath, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2009

SmokersAre Losers wrote:
Why...why....why do Allentown and Bethlehem have their parade on the same day at the same time???
This means that each one only has 1/2 the participants than they would if they were at different times.
What a GREAT parade each city would have if they were at different times or different days!!
WAKE UP!!
You should wake up Bethlehem parade is Oct. 26th and Allentown's parade is Nov. 1 what are you smokeing
michelle

Fleetwood, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2009

this is horrible i have school at that time
michelle

Fleetwood, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2009

has nobody noticed its on a weddeday at 2:00 pm the allentown parade and i have school this stinks (sob)
Alyssa

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2009

Some of the marching bands deserve it and bad part of catty?? The parade stays far enough from front st.... the town is only so big... there are bad people everywhere!
beth resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2011

my name is wrote:
Does anyone know about the Bethlehem parade route? Do they go up Broad St and turn right at Main Street or do they go up further than that?
always has, always will :)
Teres

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Tessa wrote:
I don't see the coplay parade listed. Can you or someone tell me when it is?
Thanks!
tonight!:) 7pm

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 31 of31
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bangor Discussions

Search the Bangor Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 1 hr Dem Cummings IRS Emails 51,334
Judge: Collection firm's fees illegal (Mar '08) 3 hr Berk are theives 35
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 8 hr coffeebagger 3,518
Singing Boys of Pennsylvania founder accused in... Mar 27 Mel 1
Old Coal Boiler or parts (Jan '09) Mar 26 Alvin 10
Outrage in Pen Argyl over sewer rate hikes -- E... (Jun '08) Mar '14 miserylovescompany 26
Review: Eurotek Automotive (Jun '09) Jan '14 eurotek 3
•••
•••

Bangor News Video

•••
Bangor Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Bangor Jobs

•••
•••