Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 6,804)

Showing posts 136,061 - 136,080 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“CAPS LOCK CAUSE CLIMATE CHANGE”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

Judged:

Same sex marriage is like chemical weapons; new policy brings new problems.

“All things considered”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure where you thought you were going with the tarot card reference, Missy, but wherever it was, you never got there.
Say what you mean then STOP.
That's what the Cheshire Cat told Alice and it's still good advice.
Bath salts?

I'm guessing bath salts but tell me....what makes you take advice from floating, talking felines?

“All things considered”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
It must be a slow day at waffle factory. That would explain why you keep wasting everyone's time with your public masturbation exhibitions.
First semantics, now it's how many angels can stand on the head of a pin -- in a moment you'll be asking us to guess the weight of lint in your belly button.
Here's the crux: the Bible is a book of rules and one of those rules is fudge-packing is a no-no -- at least between two guys.
Now that's simple. And I suppose if there was a rule that said same-sex fudge-packing is allowed it would be simple too, but guess what, fella? No one has found one in the Bible yet.
But keep looking.
Keep twisting and turning the words, if it makes you feel better. Just don't be surprised when you're told that's exactly why we don't want you people around our kids -- we don't want you filling their heads with your penis-worshiping blasphemy. We think people who twist the words of the Bible in order to feel good about sucking another man's dick are better left alone.
At least that's how we see it, son.
Six books.

Tell me you sold at least six books authored by you.

Hell...they could have been mistaken purchases or books bought by you under an assumed name but you must have sold at least six.

Right?

LOL!!!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

Judged:

ELH wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you check BOTH male and female on you (alleged) child birth certificate or on your federal taxes or is you whole life a pathetic lie?
http://www.google.com/search...
I'll take that as a no.

Smirk.
The Puppet Master

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
It must be a slow day at waffle factory. That would explain why you keep wasting everyone's time with your public masturbation exhibitions.
First semantics, now it's how many angels can stand on the head of a pin -- in a moment you'll be asking us to guess the weight of lint in your belly button.
Here's the crux: the Bible is a book of rules and one of those rules is fudge-packing is a no-no -- at least between two guys.
Now that's simple. And I suppose if there was a rule that said same-sex fudge-packing is allowed it would be simple too, but guess what, fella? No one has found one in the Bible yet.
But keep looking.
Keep twisting and turning the words, if it makes you feel better. Just don't be surprised when you're told that's exactly why we don't want you people around our kids -- we don't want you filling their heads with your penis-worshiping blasphemy. We think people who twist the words of the Bible in order to feel good about sucking another man's dick are better left alone.
What an X-Con says a mere 2 weeks after getting out of the joint,and NOT for the first time! LOL,And he thinks kids should be kept away from gays? Heal thyself you hypocritical freak! Just how many underage tranny's did you boff at Rent a boy Gayry? LOLOLOL
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

Judged:

Pam Jordan wrote:
<quoted text>
They mean that some man named Leviticus didn't care for gays.
Yahoo.
Pam Jordan.

Actually, it is generally agreed that the Book of Leviticus was written by Moses. Regardless, the writer was merely expressing historical truth. According to the historical record:

"This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;" (Genesis 5:1)

"Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created." (Genesis 5:2)

"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." (Genesis 2:7)

"And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him." (Genesis 2:18)

"And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;" (Genesis 2:21)

"And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man." (Genesis 2:22)

"And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man." (Genesis 2:23)

"Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh." (Genesis 2:24)

Ronald

“All things considered”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

Judged:

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Pam Jordan.
Actually, it is generally agreed that the Book of Leviticus was written by Moses. Regardless, the writer was merely expressing historical truth. According to the historical record:
"This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;" (Genesis 5:1)
"Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created." (Genesis 5:2)
"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." (Genesis 2:7)
"And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him." (Genesis 2:18)
"And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;" (Genesis 2:21)
"And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man." (Genesis 2:22)
"And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man." (Genesis 2:23)
"Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh." (Genesis 2:24)
Ronald
Going to be pretty tough to track down the fingerprints of the actual author given some 2,000 years has passed.

Add to that the Bible is chock full of hypocracies, odd ideas and ancient jurisdiction so many like me choose to ignore it for what it is....an assemblage of long dead authors who thought they could speak for God as if.
ELH

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

Judged:

The Puppet Master wrote:
<quoted text>
What an X-Con says a mere 2 weeks after getting out of the joint,and NOT for the first time! LOL,And he thinks kids should be kept away from gays? Heal thyself you hypocritical freak! Just how many underage tranny's did you boff at Rent a boy Gayry? LOLOLOL

For indecent exposure. YIKES!
Hey Pam Jordan

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

Judged:

I know it's tempting but please take my advices and ignore "Ronald". PLEASE?

“All things considered”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll take that as a no.
Smirk.
Please do not e-mail me again. I do not know you nor do I wish to.
Winston Smith

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

Judged:

Hey Dummass wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you should read their translations from the original Hebrew.
LEV 18:22
http://hoperemains.webs.com/leviticus1822.htm
LEV 20:13
http://hoperemains.webs.com/leviticus2013.htm
Don't worry...No one expects you to actually avail yourself to the info. Feel free to rant on in your usual narrow-minded view.
For those unwilling to open their eyes, the most accurate direct translations for 18:22 and 20:11 are written below.

"And with a male thou shalt not lie down in a woman's bed; it is an abomination."

"And a man who will lie down with a male in a woman’s bed, both of them have made an abomination; dying they will be put to death, their blood is on them."

One might think that the devout Christian might consider the Decalogue's significance when using a bastardization of the original Biblical text's meaning. Especially number 9.

Clearly the Bible is being used as an instrument of hate by those that take these poor transcriptions literally and use them to condemn or otherwise look down upon homosexuals.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

Judged:

Pam Jordan wrote:
<quoted text>
Ad homoan attack when reason fails.

Smirk.

“All things considered”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
I thought it was more like a big bag of cotton balls.

Undeniably useful to some whilst others are not interested yet no harm can be attributed to it's being.

LOL!!!
ELH

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

Judged:

Pam Jordan wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't get it. Why wouldn't you want to be friends with a
smirking narcissistic "hermaphrodite" from Reseda CA ("KiMare"/"Dem "/"Banks")with three nipples who claims she/he carries around a note from a psychiatrist confirming that she's allowed to be out in public unsupervised.
Winston Smith

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
But keep looking.
How you see it is from the translated editions, gnat brains. If you look at the original texts there are portions that all these frequently referenced modern translations conveniently overlook. These behaviors are prohibited in a woman's bed. It would appear that anywhere else is fair game. A woman's bed is sacred and is to be occupied only by that woman, and under certain circumstances, her husband. If people are going to use rules generated thousands of years ago, they ought to be decent enough to stop twisting them for their own petty prejudices.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
My point exactly -- Christianity and homosexuality are diametrically opposed to each other.
The Bible considered it an "ABOMINATION AGAINST GOD" and says so in 100 different ways so there can be no equivocation on the point. Murderers and rapists are forgiven in the Bible -- but never homosexuals!
You can be either a Christian or a homosexual -- but not both!
Well, it's clear the Romans had the right idea, just too few lions.

“All things considered”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smirk.
Are you that lonely in that you have to resort to e-mailing other posters in an anonymous format such as this?

I mean really???
Winston Smith

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smirk.
I'm sorry, when someone tells you not to send them e-mails, that isn't an attack. You must get a lot of rejection and still haven't learned to deal with it. You may consider that an ad hominem attack if you wish.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not married to a woman -- at least in the eyes of 30 different states where marriage is defined as a union of a man and a woman.
And Obama is on his way out so they'll be no more endorsements of what you're doing from the White House.
And I'd ask you to see beyond your nose on the matter but that's like asking a leopard to change her spots.
It's not a good idea to have little girls growing up to be like you and Chaz Bono and I know that's a heartless thing to say, but it must be said -- and prevented from happening by all means necessary.
A kid would be better off shot in the gut and left twitching to bleed to death than to grow up to be like you. I know that's a heartless thing to say, but it must be said -- and prevented from happening by all means necessary.
Winston Smith

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Yehaaa! More bumper stickers from Brian. I bet they're selling almost as well as Gary Lloyd's books.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 136,061 - 136,080 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Baldwin Park Forum right now

Search the Baldwin Park Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 12 min Coal is King 7,301
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 56 min Foes 15,669
La puente shows us the way. 1 hr Hey Idiot 5
Baldwin Park Royal Coaches criminal enterprise 22 hr Just Me 6
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sat Drafty 4,559
Ok then ! I'll make it clear! Crack pipes are s... (Jan '10) Sat NORMITA 17
BP City Attorney Rips Off BP Fri get what you ask for 2
•••
•••

Baldwin Park News Video

•••
Baldwin Park Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Baldwin Park Jobs

•••