California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail

Jun 5, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chain Store Age

New York City The California State Assembly on Wednesday narrowly approved a bill would make California the first state in the nation to ban single-use plastic and paper bags from being handed out free of charge at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and liquor stores.

Comments
3,181 - 3,200 of 4,893 Comments Last updated 16 hrs ago

Since: Sep 08

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2012

Judged:

Morris the Cat wrote:
<quoted text> Plus you guys always need weapons...
Gloop.
Raydot

Adelanto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2012

mexica wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does you question "do I know what a woodie is" relate in your entire comment?? Lmao your an idiot
A woodie is cock you dick for brains mexican puke. Oh those illegal aliens, what do ya do with um. Garbage man we got one for ya. You can sure tell an illegal alien. Just have them recite the pledge of alegiance. If they can't do it, shoot um. See ya later woodie sucker.
Raydot

Adelanto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2012

Judged:

Hey I have a good idea. Why can't California send the plastic bags to mexico, so they can use them to put all those chopped up mexicans in. Chop Chop Hack Hack Grunt Grunt Hack splat cut saw cut chop hack chop saw. Can anyone tell me if those were mexican pinatas hanging from that bridge in Laredo Nuevo. Kinda looked like it. And the clothes they were wearing, who dresses like that. Man that failed state is way way way behind. Man why are all the streets and side walks in mexico all buckled? Did the earthquake do that. Man everything these people touch turns to sh!t. These neanderthals eat dogs in mexico and cats and horses. Is that why they call them third world inconsiderate garbage. We won't kill anyone while the pope is visiting, like thats really gonna save them from going to hell.
A tree

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2012

Judged:

Mexicans smell like really bad cheese, or really good cheese, if You're French.
NoBlamer 2012

Mt Meadows Area, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

Judged:

ovomit

pack your bags
A Walmart Cashier

Morgan Hill, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

Judged:

As a cashier, People that bring their Bags should Bag their own stuff! Besides being a pain in the ass, no one is ever happy the way we bag... let alone its a health issue. 90% dont wash them. Old blood of meats on the bottom (e-coli people) they stink. had some with cat/dog hair inside and out. and had bags that smelled like urine! Gross!! We need to keep bags Free! we only bag what needs to be bagged.. and that don't mean YOU need to put gallons of milk in bags. carry them by the handle!

“Bing-bang, kicky-punchy”

Since: Aug 08

...and "The Paw".

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

A Walmart Cashier wrote:
we only bag what needs to be bagged.. and that don't mean YOU need to put gallons of milk in bags. carry them by the handle!
Carry milk by the handles, eh?.....what a strange idea.

“Bing-bang, kicky-punchy”

Since: Aug 08

...and "The Paw".

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Judged:

mexica wrote:
<quoted text>
Cain only used his fist to beat lesnar is that a weapon?
Racist.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

true

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

true
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

A Walmart Cashier wrote:
As a cashier, People that bring their Bags should Bag their own stuff! Besides being a pain in the ass, no one is ever happy the way we bag... let alone its a health issue. 90% dont wash them. Old blood of meats on the bottom (e-coli people) they stink. had some with cat/dog hair inside and out. and had bags that smelled like urine! Gross!! We need to keep bags Free! we only bag what needs to be bagged.. and that don't mean YOU need to put gallons of milk in bags. carry them by the handle!
A Walmart Cashier.

I knew the dangerous Lowenthal grocery harassment tax bags were dangerous to grocery shoppers, but I never gave any thought about the danger they pose to the health of grocery checkers. Thank you for informing us.

As you may already know, the free-spending out-of-control multiculturally diverse California politicians used the specious argument that elderly grandmothers who smoked tobacco in Government licensed and controlled beer joints were endangering the health of bartenders. Everyone knows the political ruling class made ridiculous arguments of that nature in order to impose heavy tax burdens on ordinary worker *("middle")* class people who enjoy the simple pleasure of occasionally smoking a cigarette.

Even so, those thieves were successful in their efforts to set legal and manipulative social pressure precedence by telling lies of that kind. Perhaps you should form a group of grocery baggers and demand the lying politicians do for grocery checkers what they claimed to have done for bartenders.

Concerning the inane comments the children make on this thread. They are victim of the failed expensive taxpayer funded Government school system. They are doing the best they can, under the circumstances. They can only look forward to a lifetime of paying off the debt the oppressive revolutionary generation *(now in power)* run up. The children will be carrying them around on their backs while they enjoy the opulent middle class idle retirement good-life until the last of that generation, mercifully, kicks the bucket. Let the kids have a little fun while they are yet able.

Ronald

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
A Walmart Cashier.
I knew the dangerous Lowenthal grocery harassment tax bags were dangerous to grocery shoppers, but I never gave any thought about the danger they pose to the health of grocery checkers. Thank you for informing us.
As you may already know, the free-spending out-of-control multiculturally diverse California politicians used the specious argument that elderly grandmothers who smoked tobacco in Government licensed and controlled beer joints were endangering the health of bartenders. Everyone knows the political ruling class made ridiculous arguments of that nature in order to impose heavy tax burdens on ordinary worker *("middle")* class people who enjoy the simple pleasure of occasionally smoking a cigarette.
Even so, those thieves were successful in their efforts to set legal and manipulative social pressure precedence by telling lies of that kind. Perhaps you should form a group of grocery baggers and demand the lying politicians do for grocery checkers what they claimed to have done for bartenders.
Concerning the inane comments the children make on this thread. They are victim of the failed expensive taxpayer funded Government school system. They are doing the best they can, under the circumstances. They can only look forward to a lifetime of paying off the debt the oppressive revolutionary generation *(now in power)* run up. The children will be carrying them around on their backs while they enjoy the opulent middle class idle retirement good-life until the last of that generation, mercifully, kicks the bucket. Let the kids have a little fun while they are yet able.
Ronald
Gloop.
economic reality sets in

Kelseyville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Spain Ejects Clean-Power Industry With Europe Precedent: Energy
Spanish renewable-energy companies that once got Europe’s biggest subsidies are deserting the nation after the government shut off aid, pushing project developers and equipment-makers to work abroad or perish.
Local

Kelseyville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

mexica wrote:
<quoted text>
you " detest" my attitude and comments? Do you feel the same for your countrymen that talk shit ?? Or is it just me because I'm Mexican? You Americans act like the victims when you start the bullshi*! I'm not having it. I could talk all I want because my ancestor were part of this country and land before and after the mex-American war. Of course you would be "decapitated", you have no history in Mexican land, except that of conquerors and thieves (white). THINk ABOUT THAT!
Ummm, you may be somewhat correct. But unless my history book is wrong......you lost the war.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

mexica wrote:
<quoted text>
you " detest" my attitude and comments? Do you feel the same for your countrymen that talk shit ?? Or is it just me because I'm Mexican? You Americans act like the victims when you start the bullshi*! I'm not having it. I could talk all I want because my ancestor were part of this country and land before and after the mex-American war. Of course you would be "decapitated", you have no history in Mexican land, except that of conquerors and thieves (white). THINk ABOUT THAT!
mexica.

According to an excellent Wikipedia article that addresses the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, Articles VIII and IX ensured safety of existing property rights of Mexican citizens living in the transferred territories. In addition, The residents *(of the transferred territory)* could choose whether they wanted American or Mexican citizenship; all but 1000 or so chose American citizenship, which included full voting rights. Although the article contains the usual anti-American biases that are consistent with anti-American doctrine that is promulgated by expensive revolutionary controlled, taxpayer funded Government universities, most of its factual information is sound.

For many years I have known a fine family whose fore-bearers were Mexican citizens of Texas when the Treaty was agreed to by the Mexican Government. They are as proud of their family's Mexican heritage as they are as proud of their American citizenship.

It may be argued that, following its defeat in the Mexican-American war, the Mexican Government negotiated the Treaty from a position of weakness. Be that as it may, such cannot be said of today's Mexico. The recent NAFTA Treaty was agreed to by a Mexico, a Mexican State that is on equal terms with The United States.

The objective of The NAFTA Treaty is to amalgamate the North American States from Mexico to the Arctic Circle. Some might say that means the conquering of the Mexican State without the need of using military force to achieve that objective.

International diplomacy relies on the parties to international agreements keeping their word. If the objectives of The NAFTA Treaty are achieved, let us hope the Mexican Government sticks to its terms, rather than pleading weakness.

Source: http://tinyurl.com/p96qo

Ronald
James

Lincoln, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

They already are! And on top of that they are both made from recycled materials. You re-use them again at home for what ever. Plus you never have to waste water cleaning them or using antibacterial wipes from food. Cloth bags need to be laundered. You see the pattern here?
They want you to spend MORE money and use resources which are LESS GREEN!
It's all about the $$ kick backs!
tired wrote:
Why dont retailers use biodegradeable bags?
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

-will-power- wrote:
that was so long ago ... who cares !
-will-power-.

Exactly! Those who are in ignorance of from where they came have absolutely no idea of where they are. I guess that is why the revolutionary generation *(now in power)* were able to screw up so.

Ronald
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

-will-power- wrote:
we have a whole world to make as we see fit ...
we must look forward ... not backwards
-will-power-.

Yes. You are right. The revolutionaries *(now in power)* rejected thousands of years of hard learned accumulated wisdom that was passed down by those who preceded them in order for them to "learn for themselves". The problem is that it is we kids who are the ones who will be paying the price of their folly.

Ronald

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

-will-power- wrote:
we have a whole world to make as we see fit ...
we must look forward ... not backwards
Gloop.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2012

Judged:

-will-power- wrote:
<quoted text>
to learn from the past is wisdom ... we have to take that wisdom and use it to make tomorrow better than it is today ...
-will-power-.

Yes. As Tallyrand said of the Bourbons:

"They learned nothing and forgot nothing."

How analogous is the historical lesson of the Bourbons to the oppressive pro-Lowenthal "anti-people" grocery bag harassment tax of today's revolutionary ruling class?

Ronald

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Azusa News Video

•••
•••

Azusa Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Azusa People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE