Fatal Crash in Oaks

A two-vehicle accident near Route 422 claimed the life of an Audubon man Sunday and forced the closure of Egypt Road for about an hour. Full Story
colleen cormier

New Castle, DE

#1 Jan 23, 2006
i knew chris dykgraaf personally. he was my district mangager for audubon genuardi's. he was such an awesome manager he helped along the way and he will be dearly missed at my work.
Debbie Stein

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Jan 27, 2006
colleen cormier wrote:
i knew chris dykgraaf personally. he was my district mangager for audubon genuardi's. he was such an awesome manager he helped along the way and he will be dearly missed at my work.
Chris was my first store manager here in Longview WA..He was incredible ! from our store #091 he will be deeply missed. Chris you will be forever in our hearts.
Kimberly

Emmett, ID

#3 Jan 27, 2006
Debbie Stein wrote:
<quoted text>

Chris was my first store manager here in Longview WA..He was incredible ! from our store #091 he will be deeply missed. Chris you will be forever in our hearts.
Chris was an awesome boss!!!! We will all miss him dearly,,,Everyone from store 1762 Woodland,Wa sends their deepest condolences to his wife Penny and their three daughters.
Penny Dykgraaf

Quakertown, PA

#4 Jan 29, 2006
I appreciate reading what others felt about Chris. He was a wonderful father and husband. He worked very hard every day to balance his work with his family. I know he not only touched but was touched by so many of those he worked with at Genuardi's and Safeway. Thank you to everyone for they're thoughts and prayers.

Penny Dykgraaf
Lorraine Spreadborough

AOL

#5 Jan 30, 2006
Penny Dykgraaf wrote:
I appreciate reading what others felt about Chris. He was a wonderful father and husband. He worked very hard every day to balance his work with his family. I know he not only touched but was touched by so many of those he worked with at Genuardi's and Safeway. Thank you to everyone for they're thoughts and prayers.

Penny Dykgraaf
My husband Dean worked with both Chris and Penny at the old Safeway at Interstate and Portland Blvd, in Portland, Oregon in the the mid 1980's. They were both among his favorites. We saw Chris from time to time, and were always interested in hearing about his family and his business ventures. We learned of Chris's accident from my son, Sam Baylie, a Safeway employee, he too, was shocked and saddened. Such wonderful people and our thoughts and prayers are with Penny and the girls.
Fran Fedin

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Jan 31, 2006
I want to send my condolences out to Chris's family. I was a passenger in a vehicle on January 25th, 2004 on Rt 422 involving in a head on collison with a SUV that crossed the median and hit us head on..I am still suffering due to that accident. RT 422 is such a dangerous road.. I am so sorry for his loss even though I did not know him...
Cheryl

AOL

#7 Feb 1, 2006
Chris was my first store manager at 1762 Woodland. He was the greastest. We had always hoped he would end up back in the Portland Division. Working with him was always a learning experience. He never stopped trying to help others improve. I can imagine he's in heaven now, having a service huddle and planning a way to improve heaven's customer service. He's deeply missed. My prayers and good thoughts to you Penny and your girls.
Sydney Bizzell Roberts

Portland, OR

#8 Oct 13, 2006
Penny I am sorry about your loss. You and Chris were great friends and we have great memories from our days of working at the little old Safeway that once stood on Insterstate! My heart goes out to you and your family!
Riza

Virginia Beach, VA

#9 Nov 3, 2006
Penny, I did a google search for you and Chris and just found out. I am so sorry for your loss. Please get in touch with me.
annariza.wenthe@navy.mil or riza.caparros@hotmail.com
Penny Dykgraaf wrote:
Penny Dykgraaf

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Audubon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 5 hr Ed Swindell 51,432
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 8 hr JFK 3,990
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) Sat Tom Ridge 182
Trooper Bradley Wilson to Receive PSP Purple He... Fri HAM 12345 1
Smaller suburbs like Honey Brook work to revita... Sep 3 Brooker Wood 1
wood fire pool heater pa Sep 3 leamyelectricinc 1
Basement water damage from overhead pipe leak (Dec '08) Aug 28 Seth Ashford 9
•••

Audubon News Video

•••
•••

Audubon Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••