Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

May 4, 2011 Full story: Chattanoogan.com 9,481

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Full Story
chillax

Gibson City, IL

#6024 May 28, 2012
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't blame me. I'm just saying it doesn't matter how many times ppl post on this forum, its going to happen.You will have to get the immunizations or your child cannot attend school. So the only other option is home-school. My kids are safe and have all their shots. I don't have to worry about them contacting these diseases. It's the ones that wont get the immunizations that wont be able to attend school with my children (thank goodness). I Hope you are educated enough to home-school is all I can say.
If you children are protected like you say with the vaccines you have nothing to worry about right?
river yetti

Erin, TN

#6025 May 28, 2012
They already do don't they? Have to have all shots up to date for both daycare and school. Looks as if it was already mandated years ago.
chillax

Gibson City, IL

#6026 May 28, 2012
river yetti wrote:
They already do don't they? Have to have all shots up to date for both daycare and school. Looks as if it was already mandated years ago.
People can get religious exemptions for shots.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#6027 May 29, 2012
get over it wrote:
Its going to happen whether you make 5000 posts on topix or not.Either accept it or home-school your children and don't send them to college in Tennessee
Nothing has changed about the religious exemption. There are a lot of uninformed people that don't even know about the religious exemption. Nobody is sticking my child with a substance that instantly kills some kids and causes diseases later in life for others.
CharlesBuckneroi d

Springfield, TN

#6028 May 29, 2012
river yetti wrote:
Goverment likes for people to think it is a law. It is not a law to have the shots. They get the schools in on it alone with the doctors. This tactic is used to scare people into getting the kids shots. So, as the drug companies can make a killing on them.(MAKE MONEY). So , all you Sheeple can go ahead let them scare you into having shots. Ya'll need to go do some research . www. infowars. com IF they get the general public to believe in having to have them. It inturns makes it a lotttttttt easier for them to pass laws. That goes for anything they do in this world. Talk about terriorism. Our goverment does a hell of a lot of it if you ask me or anyone that aint a SHEEPLE.....(sheeple) is a follower of others. They do things cause others do it. Dont be a follwer. Be a leader and stand up for what you really believe in. Before they take away our constitutional rights.
chillax

Gibson City, IL

#6029 May 29, 2012
CharlesBuckneroid wrote:
<quoted text>
Goverment likes for people to think it is a law. It is not a law to have the shots. They get the schools in on it alone with the doctors. This tactic is used to scare people into getting the kids shots. So, as the drug companies can make a killing on them.(MAKE MONEY). So , all you Sheeple can go ahead let them scare you into having shots. Ya'll need to go do some research . www. infowars. com IF they get the general public to believe in having to have them. It inturns makes it a lotttttttt easier for them to pass laws. That goes for anything they do in this world. Talk about terriorism. Our goverment does a hell of a lot of it if you ask me or anyone that aint a SHEEPLE.....(sheeple) is a follower of others. They do things cause others do it. Dont be a follwer. Be a leader and stand up for what you really believe in. Before they take away our constitutional rights.
You are correct, there is no law saying children must be vaccinated to attend school.
wrong

United States

#6030 May 29, 2012
TENN. RULES AND REG. 1200-14-1-.29 (2006)

1200-14-1-.29 Immunization against certain diseases prior to school attendance in Tennessee.

(1) No person shall be permitted to attend any nursery school, day care center, Head Start center, Kindergarten, or other pre-school, day care or grades kindergarten through twelve of any public, private, or church related school until proof of adequate immunization against diphtheria, measles (rubeola), pertussis (whooping cough), poliomyelitis, rubella, mumps and tetanus is presented to the admissions officer of the school (unless otherwise exempted as provided by law). It shall be the duty of the school to enforce the provisions of this regulation, subject to the exemptions as set out in T.C.A.49-6-5001(b).

(2) The state and county health departments are authorized to provide proof of immunization to the admissions officer of any school in the state of Tennessee. For the purpose of this subsection, the term school shall include nursery schools, kindergartens, other pre-schools, day care centers and facilities, after school day care facilities, grades kindergarten through twelve of any public, private or churchrelated schools, vocational schools, technical schools, colleges and universities in the state of Tennessee. The Commissioner has further determined that in order to more efficiently bring about compliance with the immunization law, the state and county health departments are further authorized to provide proof of immunization to physicians who are evaluating a school-aged patient's immunization status.

49-6-5001. General provisions.-

(a) The commissioner of health is authorized, subject to the approval of the public health council, to designate diseases against which children must be immunized prior to attendance at any school, nursery school, kindergarten, preschool or child care facility of Tennessee.

(b)

(1) It is the responsibility of the parents or guardian of children to have their children immunized, as required by subsection (a).
(2) In the absence of an epidemic or immediate threat thereof, this section shall not apply to any child whose parent or guardian shall file with school authorities a signed, written statement that such immunization and other preventive measures conflict with the parent's or guardian's religious tenets and practices, affirmed under the penalties of perjury.

(c)

(1) No children shall be permitted to attend any public school, nursery school, kindergarten, preschool or child care facility until proof of immunization is given the admissions officer of the school, nursery school, kindergarten, preschool or child care facility except as provided in subsection (b).
(2) No child shall be denied admission to any school or school facility if such child has not been immunized due to medical reasons if such child has a written statement from the child's doctor excusing the child from such immunization.
(3) No child or youth determined to be homeless shall be denied admission to any school or school facility, if the child or youth has not yet been immunized or is unable to produce immunization records due to being homeless. The enrolling school shall comply with any and all federal laws pertaining to the educational rights of homeless children and youth, including the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act, 42 U.S.C. 1141 et seq.

(d) Each child attending any school, nursery school, kindergarten, preschool or child care facility without furnishing proof of immunization or exception under subsection (b) and/or (e), shall not be counted in the average daily attendance of students for the distribution of state school funds.

Soooo unless you have a religious or medical problem you dont have a choice.
chillax

Gibson City, IL

#6031 May 29, 2012
wrong wrote:
TENN. RULES AND REG. 1200-14-1-.29 (2006)
1200-14-1-.29 Immunization against certain diseases prior to school attendance in Tennessee.
(1) No person shall be permitted to attend any nursery school, day care center, Head Start center, Kindergarten, or other pre-school, day care or grades kindergarten through twelve of any public, private, or church related school until proof of adequate immunization against diphtheria, measles (rubeola), pertussis (whooping cough), poliomyelitis, rubella, mumps and tetanus is presented to the admissions officer of the school (unless otherwise exempted as provided by law). It shall be the duty of the school to enforce the provisions of this regulation, subject to the exemptions as set out in T.C.A.49-6-5001(b).
(2) The state and county health departments are authorized to provide proof of immunization to the admissions officer of any school in the state of Tennessee. For the purpose of this subsection, the term school shall include nursery schools, kindergartens, other pre-schools, day care centers and facilities, after school day care facilities, grades kindergarten through twelve of any public, private or churchrelated schools, vocational schools, technical schools, colleges and universities in the state of Tennessee. The Commissioner has further determined that in order to more efficiently bring about compliance with the immunization law, the state and county health departments are further authorized to provide proof of immunization to physicians who are evaluating a school-aged patient's immunization status.
49-6-5001. General provisions.-
(a) The commissioner of health is authorized, subject to the approval of the public health council, to designate diseases against which children must be immunized prior to attendance at any school, nursery school, kindergarten, preschool or child care facility of Tennessee.
(b)
(1) It is the responsibility of the parents or guardian of children to have their children immunized, as required by subsection (a).
(2) In the absence of an epidemic or immediate threat thereof, this section shall not apply to any child whose parent or guardian shall file with school authorities a signed, written statement that such immunization and other preventive measures conflict with the parent's or guardian's religious tenets and practices, affirmed under the penalties of perjury.
(c)
(1) No children shall be permitted to attend any public school, nursery school, kindergarten, preschool or child care facility until proof of immunization is given the admissions officer of the school, nursery school, kindergarten, preschool or child care facility except as provided in subsection (b).
(2) No child shall be denied admission to any school or school facility if such child has not been immunized due to medical reasons if such child has a written statement from the child's doctor excusing the child from such immunization.
(3) No child or youth determined to be homeless shall be denied admission to any school or school facility, if the child or youth has not yet been immunized or is unable to produce immunization records due to being homeless. The enrolling school shall comply with any and all federal laws pertaining to the educational rights of homeless children and youth, including the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act, 42 U.S.C. 1141 et seq.
(d) Each child attending any school, nursery school, kindergarten, preschool or child care facility without furnishing proof of immunization or exception under subsection (b) and/or (e), shall not be counted in the average daily attendance of students for the distribution of state school funds.
Soooo unless you have a religious or medical problem you dont have a choice.
Those are school rules not a law. Trust me, I went through this with DHS. Even their own nurse said there are no LAWS requiring children to have vaccinations to attend school.
CharlesBuckneroi d

Springfield, TN

#6032 May 29, 2012
((WRONG)) WRONG.....they might have requirements but it aint a law. There is a difference between requirements and laws. They lead people to believe it is a law by the mire mention of required..You aint got to do anything . Everyone does have a choice. Some tend to follow a heard of other sheeple . Like I said. Everyone can make a decision, most tend to let someone else control theirs. For instance, No one can make you sign a paper. You have the right to rufuse to. The party involved might try every avenue to get you to sign. Remember everyone when you sign some sort of paper you giving something away. Think about it.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#6033 May 29, 2012
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't blame me. I'm just saying it doesn't matter how many times ppl post on this forum, its going to happen.You will have to get the immunizations or your child cannot attend school. So the only other option is home-school. My kids are safe and have all their shots. I don't have to worry about them contacting these diseases. It's the ones that wont get the immunizations that wont be able to attend school with my children (thank goodness). I Hope you are educated enough to home-school is all I can say.
I'm not blamin you. I blame the paid politicians. but it is people like you that buy into their (and the big pharmacutical companies) that feed into their hype. I will claim religious reasons if i have to. I don't think the government should be telling me what I should or should not inject into my children. Do you want the government to tell you that you MUST inject your children with drugs with dangerous side effects? That is exactly what happened to a friend of mine. CPS tried to take away her children because she refused to give her children meds that had dangerous side effects. Come to find out, that CPS agent was being paid by a big pharmaceutical company.(The CPS agent admitted it)
If you think that the government should mandate what we should be giving our children, then apparently you do not want the freedom to decide for yourself what is safe and what isn't. some people can't make those decisions and trust our government to decide for them. I would rather make those decisions for myself and my children. I do not trust our politicians (who are paid by the big med companies and others) to decide for me.

Btw, let me ask you, are your children safe from other children who have hiv/aids? How do you feel knowing that your kids are in class with children that could have a incurable infectious disease? How do you protect your children from that????

This is one question everyone that is for the immunizations has avoided answering.

Celina, TN

#6034 May 29, 2012
why don't you go back to your republican site
wrong

United States

#6035 May 29, 2012
well I sure hope you arent using religion as a excuse and that your religion actually does forbid medical immunizations.Or your doctor isn't making up some reason why your child cant have them. Perjury is serious you know
WTH

Manchester, TN

#6036 May 29, 2012
wrong wrote:
well I sure hope you arent using religion as a excuse and that your religion actually does forbid medical immunizations.Or your doctor isn't making up some reason why your child cant have them. Perjury is serious you know
This sounds really witchy are you cackling?
a father

Hendersonville, TN

#6037 May 30, 2012
first of all, autism's CAUSE has not been proven -- derpa derpa

second of all, the "risk" of autism doesnt hold a candle to the "guarantee that your child will f$$%king DIE and COUGH TO DEATH IN YOUR ARMS" if they catch whooping cough.

yes, let us all neglect our children's health - why not just move to a 3rd world country where vaccines arent available? solves your problem right there.

retarded homeo"pethetic" parents are going to ruin their children's health by ignoring EXACTLY what has brought america out of the grips of diseases like POLIO and Whooping cough ... wow

i mean sure, some people believe in religion over science... some people believe in propaganda over science.... but those vaccines are the reason you arent rolling around CRIPPLED with polio...... grow up - your parents knew what they were doing... hopefully they gave you half a brain and you will figure it out as well
CharlesBuckneroi d

Springfield, TN

#6038 May 30, 2012
I know sheeple when I see them. Those that tend not to futher educate themself. Those that let others form their way of thinking. BRAIN washing.If the shots kept people from having polio and whooping caugh, then why is it stil around even after those that took the shots. Exsplain that one. You are not looking at the whole picture either. They lace the shots with dangerous chemicals. We as a nation are slowly being poisoned. Some people out there dont give a shit I see. The aids shot is not doing jack. See how it has died down now. Just cause you dont hear about it dont mean people are cured. Media controls what is put out to the public. Radio stations and Tv stations are monitored on what they can put out to the public. If they don't do what they told. They get pulled off the air. I wish more people had common cents. Guess that is a lost cause to say that. People have been DUMBED down for years. ((shakes head))

Location hidden

#6040 May 30, 2012
IMHO, the whole point is whether or not the government forces their choice of drugs into our children or whether or not we CHOOSE to vaccinate. WE should have the choice.

Location hidden

#6041 May 30, 2012
a father wrote:
second of all, the "risk" of autism doesnt hold a candle to the "guarantee that your child will f$$%king DIE and COUGH TO DEATH IN YOUR ARMS" if they catch whooping cough.
yes, let us all neglect our children's health - why not just move to a 3rd world country where vaccines arent available? solves your problem right there.
retarded homeo"pethetic" parents are going to ruin their children's health by ignoring EXACTLY what has brought america out of the grips of diseases like POLIO and Whooping cough ... wow
i mean sure, some people believe in religion over science... some people believe in propaganda over science.... but those vaccines are the reason you arent rolling around CRIPPLED with polio...... grow up - your parents knew what they were doing... hopefully they gave you half a brain and you will figure it out as well
Nowadays, pharmaceutical companies are not in it to help people, they are in it to make a big profit. Things are a lot different now than they were when the polio vaccine came out. Come on out and join us in the 21st century.
Danger_Close

Gibson City, IL

#6042 May 30, 2012
a father wrote:
Vaccines don't cause or contribute to Autism? No proof?

http://www.naturalnews.com/027178_autism_vacc...
Rates of autism have skyrocketed 1000% since 1990, yet defenders of vaccines and the pharmaceutical industry keep scratching their heads in confusion: What could be causing this? Lots of clues point to vaccines as one of the primary contributing factors to increased rates of autism.

Trump warns Fox News viewers: Autism caused by vaccines
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/04/02/trump-w...

EBCALA: Evidence Shows That Vaccines Cause "Mental Retardation"
http://www.ageofautism.com/2011/09/ebcala-evi...

Japanese & British Data Show Vaccines Cause Autism
http://childhealthsafety.wordpress.com/2009/0...
Danger_Close

Gibson City, IL

#6043 May 30, 2012
FDA Fraud: New Studies Prove Vaccines Cause Autism
by EVELYN PRINGLE

FDA Fraud: New Studies Prove Vaccines Cause Autism On Feb 9, 2004, the National Autism Association issued a press release that reported on one of the larger studies under review based on the Center for Disease Control's Vaccine Safety Datalink. Under independent investigation, the Association reported, of the CDC's data children were found to be 27-times more likely to develop autism after exposure to three thimerosal-containing vaccines (TCVs), than those who receive thimerosal-free versions.

Let that sink in.

Twenty-seven times more likely to develop autism. Then consider that our government regulatory agencies had this information for years and deliberately kept it hidden from the public.

This failure to warn the public was not due to negligence
or laziness, it was a deliberate cover-up and it continues today.

How do we know they had it for years? Because the staff for Rep Dan Burton (R-Ill) obtained an FDA internal e-mail written on June 29, 1999, by former FDA scientist Peter Patriarca, that offered a "pros
and cons" assessment of the dishonest statement about Thimerosal in vaccines that the FDA was about to release, and described the questions that could be raised upon its release:

(1) FDA being `asleep at the switch' for decades, by allowing a potentially hazardous compound to remain in many childhood vaccines, and not forcing manufacturers to exclude it from new products.
More

Other Top Stories
Students Leave College in Revolt Against Vaccines by PAUL JOSEPH WATSON (INFOWARS)
Bill Gates Oral Polio Vaccine Cripples 47,500 Kids by EXPERIMENTAL VACCINES
Vaccines Based on Medical Fraud For Over 100 Years by PF LOUIS (NATURAL NEWS)
Wacky Doctor Gives Baby Cocktail of 7 Vaccines by HEALTHY TIMES/ NATURAL NEWS
Rockefeller Soft Kill Vaccines for Depopulation by JURRIAAN MAESSEN ( INFOWARS.COM )
Dr. Blaylock Challenges Vaccination Scam Advocates by ETHAN A HUFF (NATURAL NEWS)
isabella

Portland, OR

#6045 May 31, 2012
No state should have the right to mandate any such thing, vaccines, Gardasil, birth control and flourides mandated in our water are just osme of the insane thinking of [ well ] insane power hunger, eugenic supporters.
People need to start thing for themselves, seek knowledge, read, research many things and made moral and sound decisions for themselves. They also need to know of the deaths things like HINI have cause each decade they used them, our own 1 yr old grandson was given 5 vaccines, with the HINI by a nurse without permission of the parents and he died within 48 hrs. Most contain Mercury which goes directly to the brain, you also need to check your meds and anti depressants such as prozac also containing these. The rise in infant mortality, serious birth defects should never be happening in this day of technology. Sum it all up to why ? And it will bring you all to Agenda 21- the United Nations depopulation, which calls for a mass reduction of the population, and NO VIRGINIA, THERE IS NO OVER-POPULATION. Use China as an example, the more then kill their infants and people the more their people reproduce, it is a natural survival mode that kicks in. The body can heal itself it was meant to do that, on the flip end is also the victimizing for profit and big pharma makes endless streams of money keeping you sick when all the cures are right in your face. STAND UP, THINK, SEEK TRUE KNOWLEDGE NOT TV PROPAGANDA and say NO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Athens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 15 min here now 152,478
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 7 hr TheRealZeke 8,648
SMUT Paper "The Monroe Buzz" (May '11) Mon Truth be told 37
Ace Hardware Decatur Mon Truth 2
I am Danny Silvers looking for a boyfriend Sep 29 Danny Silvers 5
Why was the Tina Snyder ad Removed? Pressure? Sep 29 Citizen Of Athens 5
Lee Manor, A Farmers Market for Drugs Sep 27 Concerned Athenian 1
Athens Dating
Find my Match

Athens Jobs

Athens People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Athens News, Events & Info