Federal grand jury indicts 43 people on drug trafficking charges

Feb 6, 2008 | Posted by: Kansas City Star | Full story: Kansas City Star

“We recognized what we felt like was a significant drug problem in the city of Leavenworth”

Authorities announced Tuesday that a grand jury had indicted 43 people on drug-trafficking charges in Leavenworth, Atchison, Kan., and the metropolitan Kansas City area.

Dubbed Operation Stonewalled, the joint investigation by federal, state and local law enforcement agencies resulted in the seizure of more than $335,000 in cash, 18 vehicles, more than 19.5 kilograms of cocaine, 18 firearms and a bulletproof vest.

'Operation Stonewalled has unearthed a drug-trafficking organization that we believe has distributed more than $12 million worth of cocaine, crack and other drugs in the streets of the metropolitan Kansas City area over the past two years,' said Eric Melgren, U.S. attorney in Kansas. Read more

Comments
1 - 20 of 46 Comments Last updated Jan 21, 2010
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Whatever

Shawnee, KS

#1 Feb 6, 2008
Good! I hope they take out all the crack dealers before they destoy any more families.
Whoever

Kansas City, MO

#2 May 13, 2008
Good? Good? How can you say good about innocent people being taken away from there families? Before you comment next time try learning a whole story first. Some innocent people got mixed up in that mess just for knowing the wrong people so how dare you say GOOD! And another thing crack dealers don't destroy families crack heads destroy families!
Whatever

United States

#3 May 14, 2008
You may want to believe your loved one is innocent. But my guess is if they were there ....
they are either a crack head or a crack dealer.
CRACK DEALERS do destroy families.
They prey on the weak, they victimize people with mental illness, they shoot people, they bomb homes and they kill women and their unborn children.
So again GOOD!!!!!!
Heartsnhalos

Atchison, KS

#4 May 21, 2008
You know, I had the unfortunate time in my life to have to visit my 31 yr old son in prison a year ago for him being in a vehicle with his "friend" that unbeknowns to him had a "pistol" in the glove box...My son is and was no angel by no means...And was a felon from back when he was 19...
Some of the wives and families I met there visiting my son, and their stories were heart wrenching!....
Although I do not do drugs, and do not understand the concept in doing them,knowing it can lead to addiction and other problems.... There were occasional drug users, including minor selling of marijuana cases that were serving 5 to 10 year sentences...But 2nd degree, involuntary manslaughter charges, and child molestion cases ( some of these 2nd and 3rd offenders)...that were serving 1 to 5, and in some cases less then a year...
I was outraged....
I don't uphold, nor do I agree with drug use...But if these individuals choose to destroy their bodies...so be it..But clearly the justice system is serverly altered, and priorties are misplaced...
I just don't get it...So before you all throw stones...Some day, one of your loved may be walking in their shoes....
keep DEA honest

Columbia, MO

#5 May 28, 2008
The DEA seized $11,798.59 from a bank account at American Sterling Bank, account number 1067400 from Shevel Foy on 4/9/08, according to the Wall Street Journal.

The feds claimn they "seized cash" from drug dealers, but this was money in a savings account at a bank.

Also, Missouri state law is very clear that all seized drug money must go to the state schools. The cops are violating state law by taking this federal throughj the DEA.

Whoever wrote that first dumbass post should know that stealing money from missouri school children is just as bad as dealing crack. The perpetrators have badges and guns, though.,
truth_be_told64

Haysville, KS

#6 Jul 16, 2008
Whoever wrote:
Good? Good? How can you say good about innocent people being taken away from there families? Before you comment next time try learning a whole story first. Some innocent people got mixed up in that mess just for knowing the wrong people so how dare you say GOOD! And another thing crack dealers don't destroy families crack heads destroy families!
Let's get it straight ... it's not the crack head or the crack dealer that's destroying the families ... it's crack itself which was used as a way to funnel millions in drug profits to an arm of the "contra guerrillas" of Nicaragua ... by our government (of course it was on the DL)... for further reading check out http://www.mega.nu :8080/ampp/webb.html ... before someone removes it.
Keep all of our loved ones in prayer, whether they are the addict or the dealer, they are all caught up in a tangled web that was sprung on us all.
A friend

United States

#7 Jul 22, 2008
these people have families and friends to
Whatever

United States

#8 Jul 27, 2008
"these people have families and friends to"

Yes they do have family and friends too.
Are they selling them crack?
Are they sending them out to deal the crack for them? Yes they are!
Good family values or really good friends.
A good friend

Marcus Hook, PA

#9 Jul 30, 2008
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but now one really knows who did what cause some of these people are guilty by association and despite anything alot of these guys did alot for there community as well as nobody makes anybody smoke crack that is a decision made by that person and they are the one destroying their family. My mother smoked cracked for many years, before stopping (HER CHOICE) and you would have never known it because our household was very much up to par and no where close to being destroyed!
Whatever

Independence, MO

#10 Jul 31, 2008
My sister is mentally disabled. She is on SSDI. Every month the crack dealers start calling her asking if she needs anything. I have called the police,taken her check from her, blocked phone calls and the crack DEALERS are relentless. These are black men of all ages and they know her problems. They prey on the mentally ill. So don't even try to defend these bastrds to me. I hope they all get busted and ROT in jail.
PISSED

Lenexa, KS

#11 Sep 2, 2008
Okay first of all, I am a girlfriend of one of those DEFENDANTS!!! And to the ignorant person that is saying GOOD!!! YoU really got a problem. I am now a single mother having to raised my 4yr old son alone, all becaUse his dad was friends with the wrong person and got caUght Up in this mess!!! He attended college and was going to be starting a great paying job soon. He is a good person. Before yoU jUdge people, get all the info!!! And yet then U shoUldn't jUdge GOD is the only one that can do that. Please Grow Up!!!!!
SAD

Lenexa, KS

#12 Sep 2, 2008
I JUST WANT TO SAY, I DONT AGREE WITH ILLEGAL ACTIVITY, BUT IT'S EASY FOR PEOPLE TO SAY PEOPLE SHOULDN'T SELL DRUGS OR WHATEVER THEIR HUSTLE MAY BE TO MAKE MONEY, SURVIVE, AND SUPPLY FOR THIER FAMILIES. IT IS EXTREMELY HARD FOR FELONS TO GET A JOB, ESPECIALLY FOR AFRICAN AMERICANS.... SORRY BUT IT'S THE TRUTH!!! THEY GO AND APPLY AND GET SHUTDOWN, HOW DO THEY EXPECT FOR THEM TO SURVIVE, THEIR HUMAN BEINGS TOO, EVERYONE MAKES MISTAKES! THEY DONT HAVE A CHANCE IN THE WORLD, SO THEIR BACKS ARE AGAINST THE WALL, AND THAT IS WHY THEY TURN TO ILLEGAL ACTIVITY TO MAKE IT. SO I SAY, LETS START GIVING SOME JOBS TO THESE PEOPLE!!!!!!
Whatever

Kansas City, MO

#13 Sep 4, 2008
Wake up girlfriend. You hooked up with a drug dealer and had children with him. You have the nerve to whine when he gets busted. I have no sympathy for him or you. I do feel sorry for your child because he is the victim of your poor choices.
rollin the dice

Blue Springs, MO

#14 Sep 7, 2008
I own a business in kck and know alot of these people who got caught. Were all adults and know the risk. When you traffic drugs you can make millions. Its the life and choices they made. Easy come easy go! I myself have had many chances to get in the game and make millions the easy way, however I choose not to and own my own business struggling everyday to make my ends meet! all the money in the world is not worth your freedom when you get caught. these people rolled the dice and lost plain and simple!
Im sure that every name on the list was guilty in some way or another. you dont go to a crackhouse for a ham sandwich!
And as far as you stupid ass women who have babys with dealers/addicts are getting everything you deserve also. You shouldnt have to raise them on your own though! They should be taken away from your stupid asses and rasied by loving family with morales!
Lets get it straight

Lenexa, KS

#16 Sep 8, 2008
QUOTE Bitch let's get it straight, I am well taken care of, STILL!!! Him gone and all, and my son TOO!!! So please save the pity for UR SELF!!!! CaUSe neither one of US needs it!!!! I really feel sorry for U dUmb HOE!!! How aboUt getting a life caUSe Im sUre Ur bitch ass is strUggling!!! IF U need some assistants holla at me!!! LOL
rollin the dice wrote:
I own a business in kck and know alot of these people who got caught. Were all adults and know the risk. When you traffic drugs you can make millions. Its the life and choices they made. Easy come easy go! I myself have had many chances to get in the game and make millions the easy way, however I choose not to and own my own business struggling everyday to make my ends meet! all the money in the world is not worth your freedom when you get caught. these people rolled the dice and lost plain and simple!
Im sure that every name on the list was guilty in some way or another. you dont go to a crackhouse for a ham sandwich!
And as far as you stupid ass women who have babys with dealers/addicts are getting everything you deserve also. You shouldnt have to raise them on your own though! They should be taken away from your stupid asses and rasied by loving family with morales!
LOL

Lenexa, KS

#17 Sep 8, 2008
QUOTE Bitch let's get it straight, I am well taken care of, STILL!!! Him gone and all, and my son TOO!!! So please save the pity for UR SELF!!!! CaUSe neither one of US needs it!!!! I really feel sorry for U dUmb HOE!!! How aboUt getting a life caUSe Im sUre Ur bitch ass is strUggling!!! IF U need some assistants holla at me!!! LOL
Whatever wrote:
Wake up girlfriend. You hooked up with a drug dealer and had children with him. You have the nerve to whine when he gets busted. I have no sympathy for him or you. I do feel sorry for your child because he is the victim of your poor choices.
WHATEVER

Lenexa, KS

#18 Sep 8, 2008
YO SISTER IM SURE SHE"S WHITE SINCE YOU MADE IT CLEAR THAT THE "BLACKS" ARE SELLING DRUGS TO HER. SHE KNOWS WHAT SHE IS DOING DON'T BLAME IT ON HER BEING RETARDED. SHE KNOWS HOW TO ANSWER THEMS CALLS AND SEND THEM HER WAY!! SO GET OVER IT!!! I DON'T FEEL SORRY FOR HER, U NEED TO QUIT MAKIN EXCUSES FOR THE ADDICT. "BLACK GUYS" LOL, THATS FUNNY!!!
Whatever wrote:
My sister is mentally disabled. She is on SSDI. Every month the crack dealers start calling her asking if she needs anything. I have called the police,taken her check from her, blocked phone calls and the crack DEALERS are relentless. These are black men of all ages and they know her problems. They prey on the mentally ill. So don't even try to defend these bastrds to me. I hope they all get busted and ROT in jail.
Whatever

Independence, MO

#19 Sep 8, 2008
LOL, So you hooked up with another crack dealer while your mans in jail. Pitiful.

WHATEVER, Why so angry? They put your crack dealin man in jail too?
whatever

Horsham, PA

#20 Sep 9, 2008
dont do the crime if you aint prepared to do the time! gotta pay to play!
Nasty Nate

United States

#21 Sep 10, 2008
FREE TATE!!!!!!!!!!
p.s. and dude your retarded sister is a crackhead.... lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atchison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KS Kansas Voting Disqualification Amendment - Ment... (Oct '10) 1 hr outcome 272
KS Who do you favor in the Kansas governor's race? Sun The Kangaroo 203
KS Kansas Right to Bear Arms Question, Constitutio... (Oct '10) Aug 7 Brownback Mountain 6,001
Sparks Kansas Flea Market Met Cute Lady! May '14 Lawnmower repair ... 1
Review: Ideal Barber Shop Apr '14 George Huckabee 1
Divorce lawyers Apr '14 Anonymous 1
KS Who do you support for Governor in Kansas in 2010? (Oct '10) Feb '14 livin on a prayer 690
•••
•••
•••

Atchison Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Atchison People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Atchison News, Events & Info