Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,211
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

#251868 Aug 8, 2012
cont'd...

"In a letter to Delhi school officials Aug. 6, ACLU of Louisiana Executive Director Marjorie Esman points out that school policies also violate the Equal Protection Clause and Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment "by imposing an irrebuttable presumption that pregnant students are unable to continue to attend classes" and "raises serious concerns of vagueness in violation of the First Amendment."

Delhi's school policies are surfacing as the education gap between teen moms and those who didn't have a teen birth grows. According to a 2010 report by nonprofit research center Child Trends, 51 percent of teen mothers have a high school diploma, compared with 89 percent of women who were not teen mothers. For teens who give birth before the age of 18, their likelihood of graduating high school is even lower -- just 38 percent have a diploma.

According to a recent Centers for Disease Control and Prevention report, Louisiana holds the sixth highest teen pregnancy rate in the country, and "lack of education is a big factor," Louisiana State University student Shea Leger told The Daily Reveille.

The ACLU notes that about 70 percent of teenagers who give birth drop out of high school, in part due to actions by schools that force pregnant students out. Data from the National Center for Educational Statistics show that pregnancy is already a leading cause of dropping out of high school -- 30 percent of teenage girls cited pregnancy or parenthood as a reason for leaving before completion.

Overall, high school dropouts cost taxpayers between $320 billion and $350 billion a year in lost wages, taxable income, health, welfare and incarceration costs, among others. Dropouts are also a cost to themselves: of the 3.8 million students that started high school last fall, a quarter won't earn a diploma. Those who don't finish will earn $200,000 less than those who do over their lifetime.

Dropouts are also not eligible for 90 percent of the jobs in our economy, and a student drops out of high school every 26 seconds in the U.S., contributing to a rising unemployment rate."

Nice way to *increase* the drop-out rate.

One thing we don't need is more JMs and LynneDs sucking from the economy!

While I can understand that they don't want their girls to get pregnant, tossing them under the bus when they truly need to finish their education is certainly not the way to go, IMO. Instead, they should offer better "pre-sex" education so as to deter sexual activity, and, if the girl does get pregnant regardless, enable her to continue her education WITH the caveat that she MUST take child rearing, occupational training, and other relevant courses as part of her curriculum. Of course these courses should also be offered to the general populace, anyway.

They should not be penalizing these kids when they are most in need of guidance and support. Give them every opportunity to make the most of their lives in spite of being teen moms.
grumpy

Garnerville, NY

#251869 Aug 8, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how many times when Sassy is oppositional about something she suddenly knows all these people who had the experiences in question. And, it just so happens all these (fictional) people told her things about those experiences that only supports and justifies her own opinions.
If those stories she tells were actually true (which I doubt) they only prove that she is nosy beyond belief and butts into people's private business every chance she gets.
I'm still waiting for Sassy to explain why she seems to have nothing but derision for women who don't know their own bodies well enough to successfully use the rhythm method of birth control, but she has all this compassion for women who get to 8 or 9 months pregnant without even knowing they're pregnant. There's a huge difference between how the menstrual cycle feels and how pregnancy feels...a huge difference. But she's a hypocrite, I know.
Somebody suggested this{I foreget who)but it would explain Sassy's knowing these types of women.
This is my guess. Sassy had an abortion and is wracked with sin. So she is involved with support groups where she meets with others who have the same problem as she does.

“Don't kill me mom”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#251870 Aug 8, 2012
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Somebody suggested this{I foreget who)but it would explain Sassy's knowing these types of women.
This is my guess. Sassy had an abortion and is wracked with sin. So she is involved with support groups where she meets with others who have the same problem as she does.
I would never kill my child grumpy. So who ever "suggested" such nonsense,is desperate.

I talk freely here. I have nothing to hide. I bring certain examples of people that I know of,heard about from someone or heard on the news/tv. I am around many people. I have formed many close relationships as well as just knowing people from my paths in life. I also have many inside truths from volunteering in CPC's my whole life. My parents also(as well as some of my siblings)have also shared with their experiences in CPC's.

I have friends that have aborted. My best friend did. Some of my other friends have. They have all come to terms,sought help and I even had one who hadn't(she had never told me that she aborted)until one day she came to me totally broken. She didn't just want to share with me,she knew all about my faith in God and how we are offered forgiveness and healing from him. She then began her healing process. They ALL are now against abortion and do not support a womans choice to do what they did to their child.

I have also worked in CPC with girls who have aborted,shared their story(some repeat abortions)and have sought out ways to make amends by offering help that was denied them in their desperate time. Vulnerable is a bad place to be in when you are scared,alone and pregnant.

I wish that MORE women and men would step up and actually help these needy girls who find themselves with no other way out but to abort. Cheering on their rights to kill(legally)has NEVER tangibly helped a girl who was in such a position. Stop thinking about YOUR SELFISH agenda,and start putting your cheap words into action by offering girls HELP.

Sex=pregnancy. Wake the hell up and stop acting like incontrollable animals who have no self worth,self respect and no brains that you can't comprehend that if you don't want a child, ABSTAIN from sex when fertile or think 2x before you hop into bed with some guy who SAYS that he loves you OR with some girl that is proabortion.

“Don't kill me mom”

Location hidden

#251871 Aug 8, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
"I try to keep my emotions in check here."
Not from what I see.
"Seeing a Dr pulling tiny little hands,feet,torso,rib cage,head,ears,etc..out of a womans vagina quite frustrating."
I've never seen this. Where are you that you're looking at things being done to women's vaginas?
"I look at the abortion tools used(sharp,dull,skull crushers,tongs,etc)and get sick to think that a little,precious baby is all nice and warm and protected and safe...
You're seeing a baby and giving it some kind of awareness it seems, but it's a z/e/f.
When a woman miscarries who tore the "baby" from the womb then? Your God?
"Katies grandchild is safe now. Yesterday,she wasn't..."
Yes she was safe yesterday, and the day before that and the day before that...and you don't know that?
Thank you for proving how clueless,ignorant and arrogant you proaborts really are. You have NO idea what an abortion is,does to the baby inside or to the woman after.

You want to know HOW or WHERE I saw a womans vagina during an abortion. How pathetic you really are that you would support an act that you are so ignorant about.

""""When a woman miscarries who tore the "baby" from the womb then? Your God?"""

A miscarriage is a natural death. NO baby is having his/her arms,legs,head,ears,torso,etc. .torn off in the womb. The baby simply dies.

Once out of the womb,the baby might die a natural death. There is no guarantee as to when we will die naturally. Someone DELIBERATELY killing us is a whole different issue.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#251872 Aug 8, 2012
hahaha. Someone stole her name:

http://www.topix.net/forum/news/abortion/TKN1...

“Born Genius, Slacker by Choice”

Since: Mar 12

Oyster Bay, NY

#251874 Aug 8, 2012
LIer wrote:
Wow! No posts? I would've thought this one would be a "web-buster".
Not an ounce of intelligence is posted here , with the exception of ' Yankee talk back 4 or 5 ' this is the most ignorant forum on Topix
Pugsy

Jackson, NJ

#251876 Aug 8, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
hahaha. Someone stole her name:
http://www.topix.net/forum/news/abortion/TKN1...
Hahaha! That IS funny.

Oh lookie,someone stole yours too.

hahaha. Isn't THAT funny?
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#251877 Aug 8, 2012
SassyJM wrote:
<quoted text>
Sex=pregnancy. Wake the hell up and stop acting like incontrollable animals who have no self worth,self respect and no brains that you can't comprehend that if you don't want a child, ABSTAIN from sex when fertile or think 2x before you hop into bed with some guy who SAYS that he loves you OR with some girl that is proabortion.
In your perfect world BUT the kids are having sex anywaay so we should do more to teach birth control in the schools. Many schools systems don't touch the subject because the Bible thumpers and their zealot followers have the notion that teaching birth control and making it available gives kids the green light to have sex. They contend that the parents will teach their children "when it's time". BS! The "time " passes and the kids wind up with an STD or pregnant and the parents always come back with a stupid excuse that they had no idea what was going on. Wake up people! Sex is not a sacred item as it was in our days. It's used to try to get a boy to like you,to settle a bet, to score beer or weed,or trying to get revenge on another girl by doing her boyfriend. It's time we put the MAP on the open counter and erase the stigma sneaking around to buy it. Put condom machines in the womens rest rooms like the mens. If the guy won't buy them, the girl should take the initiative in the matter and stand by the" No Glove-No Love" rule

“Don't kill me mom”

Location hidden

#251878 Aug 8, 2012
Slacker By Choice wrote:
<quoted text> Not an ounce of intelligence is posted here , with the exception of ' Yankee talk back 4 or 5 ' this is the most ignorant forum on Topix
I agree. The proaborts lack an resemblence of intelligence. That is why we are here...to do our corporal works of mercy-instructing the ignorant.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#251879 Aug 8, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<snipped>Wow:
"One Louisiana public school's no-nonsense approach to preventing teen pregnancy is "in blatant violation of federal law and the U.S. Constitution," the American Civil Liberties Union says.
According to Delhi Charter School policy, students "suspected" of being pregnant are required to take a pregnancy test. If the test proves positive, or if a student declines to take the test, she'll no longer be permitted to take classes on campus and must either transfer to another school or begin a home school program. From the student handbook:
If an administrator or teacher suspects a student is pregnant, a parent conference will be held. The school reserves the right to require any female student to take a pregnancy test to confirm whether or not the suspected student is in fact pregnant. The school further reserves the right to refer the suspected student to a physician of its choice. If the test indicates that the student is pregnant, the student will not be permitted to attend classes on the campus of Delhi Charter School.
If a student is determined to be pregnant and wishes to continue to attend Delhi Charter School, the student will be required to pursue a course of home study that will be provided by the school… Any student who is suspected of being pregnant and who refuses to submit to a pregnancy test shall be treated as a pregnant student and will be offered home study opportunities. If home study opportunities are not acceptable, the student will be counseled to seek other educational opportunities.
I read this story the other day and was floored by it. I think it is absolutely insane. I don't have a daughter but if I did, it would be a cold day in Hell before I'd let the school demand that she take a pregnancy test on their premises. When it comes to things like that, it should be handled by the parent(s) and the family physician.

Pregnancy has no bearing on obtaining an education. I fail to see why a girl should be punished by not allowing her to continue her education simply because she's pregnant. This is especially true if she's a good student otherwise. All this does is increase the chances of her ending up in poverty. And some folks wonder why girls consider and/or choose abortion. How do we expect girls to keep and properly raise their children if we take away the tools that can help them do so?

“Don't kill me mom”

Location hidden

#251880 Aug 8, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
**pat pat**
Coming from the forum joke, this is amusing.
You just keep thinking your delusional thoughts Skanky. Maybe one day you'll convince someone OTHER than your idiot buddy Lynne.
You made a post saying one thing,and when I commented ON that post,you retracted your statement. Lily kinda showed you your lies.

Foo,you have been busted for lying on here many times. You say one thing and then have NOTHING to back it up. In fact,your own post proved you a liar when Lily copied and pasted EXACTLY what you said.

Where's the Arial link to prove that she was kidnapped,beaten and raped?

Where's "ALL OF LYNNES POSTS" that you have saved that you promised "ALL IN GOOD TIME" to show us?

Well?

Oh,and what happened to that "black" family that you were dumped in?
Kenose

Westbury, NY

#251881 Aug 8, 2012
SassyJM wrote:
<quoted text>I have friends that have aborted. My best friend did. Some of my other friends have.
Did you call them stupid?
Did you run your big mouth like you do here and bash their decision making?

You're insensitive to what a women goes through when they make the decision to have an abortion.

I doubt that they'd still be your friend if you ran your mouth like you do here and called them stupid and evil.

Continue to keep your nose pointed upwards and your fingers in your ears.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#251883 Aug 8, 2012
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
I read this story the other day and was floored by it. I think it is absolutely insane. I don't have a daughter but if I did, it would be a cold day in Hell before I'd let the school demand that she take a pregnancy test on their premises. When it comes to things like that, it should be handled by the parent(s) and the family physician.
Pregnancy has no bearing on obtaining an education. I fail to see why a girl should be punished by not allowing her to continue her education simply because she's pregnant. This is especially true if she's a good student otherwise. All this does is increase the chances of her ending up in poverty. And some folks wonder why girls consider and/or choose abortion. How do we expect girls to keep and properly raise their children if we take away the tools that can help them do so?
Exactly. As you can see in part 2 of that post, I feel that treating these poor kids with such disdain and humiliating them is absolutely the opposite of how they should be treated. You're right, how do we expect them to keep their pregnancies and be successful in life if we don't give them the proper tools? All this will do is increase abortion rates AND increase poverty rates!

Unbelievable!

“Don't kill me mom”

Location hidden

#251884 Aug 8, 2012
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text> In your perfect world BUT the kids are having sex anywaay so we should do more to teach birth control in the schools. Many schools systems don't touch the subject because the Bible thumpers and their zealot followers have the notion that teaching birth control and making it available gives kids the green light to have sex. They contend that the parents will teach their children "when it's time". BS! The "time " passes and the kids wind up with an STD or pregnant and the parents always come back with a stupid excuse that they had no idea what was going on. Wake up people! Sex is not a sacred item as it was in our days. It's used to try to get a boy to like you,to settle a bet, to score beer or weed,or trying to get revenge on another girl by doing her boyfriend. It's time we put the MAP on the open counter and erase the stigma sneaking around to buy it. Put condom machines in the womens rest rooms like the mens. If the guy won't buy them, the girl should take the initiative in the matter and stand by the" No Glove-No Love" rule
You people are ALL talk,no action. Why is it that PROABORTS have kids who get pregnant? WHY do proaborts have abortions? According to you,since you got it ALL figured out,none of you should have STD'S,AIDS,HIV OR UNWANTED PREGNANCIES.

But,you do. Over 50 MILLION ABORTIONS since RvW.

It aint just the "religious zeolots" who are getting pregnant and STDS dear.

""""" the notion that teaching birth control and making it available gives kids the green light to have sex"""" "

My school was well advanced and I took a sex education class(not health class btw)and I beg to differ. We ALL walked out of there horny as hell and with the green light that sex was okay for us to have but that we should use protection.

""""Sex is not a sacred item as it was in our days"""" "

Yes it is. Sad for YOU and YOUR children and those that YOU influence,that you don't think it is. That is why you miss out on true/solid relationships in life. 1-2/3 marriages end in divorce. Think about it. Women are used for sex and then DUMPED when pregnant. Go check out your local abortion mill or CPC and see what I mean. THAT is okay with you? As long as the girl uses protection,then it is okay that she is some CHEAP sex object?

There were studies done in midle/high schools where girls admitted to having sex to keep their bf's or to be liked. THAT is tragic. YOUR thinking only of her using birth control. I'm thinking this has got to stop.

Heck,guys don't even commit to relationships anymore. Why buy the cow when you get the milk for free.
You are part of the problem.

“Don't kill me mom”

Location hidden

#251885 Aug 8, 2012
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you call them stupid?
Did you run your big mouth like you do here and bash their decision making?
You're insensitive to what a women goes through when they make the decision to have an abortion.
I doubt that they'd still be your friend if you ran your mouth like you do here and called them stupid and evil.
Continue to keep your nose pointed upwards and your fingers in your ears.
Why would I call a girl who admits her wrong doing,stupid? Why would I call a girl who DOESN'T support killing as choice,stupid?

What's STUPID and EVIL is people supporting abortion as choice,not some young/vulnerable girl who was alone,scared and desperate. She's TRAGIC when she aborts. In fact,people like YOU are the reason why she does what she does. She is LIED to. She is told by people like you that ALL she has to do is to use protection and then she is okay. Guess what? Over HALF(counted anyway,not including liars like lala who lied to the Dr and told him that she was using b/c)the women using b/c HAD ABORTIONS. That is not including those who KEPT their baby.

I have much compassion for girls who have killed their babies and suffer from it. The truth has led them to seek help. They are AGAINST abortion BECAUSE they know the truth about what they did to their baby.

“Don't kill me mom”

Location hidden

#251886 Aug 8, 2012
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text> In your perfect world BUT the kids are having sex anywaay so we should do more to teach birth control in the schools. Many schools systems don't touch the subject because the Bible thumpers and their zealot followers have the notion that teaching birth control and making it available gives kids the green light to have sex. They contend that the parents will teach their children "when it's time". BS! The "time " passes and the kids wind up with an STD or pregnant and the parents always come back with a stupid excuse that they had no idea what was going on. Wake up people! Sex is not a sacred item as it was in our days. It's used to try to get a boy to like you,to settle a bet, to score beer or weed,or trying to get revenge on another girl by doing her boyfriend. It's time we put the MAP on the open counter and erase the stigma sneaking around to buy it. Put condom machines in the womens rest rooms like the mens. If the guy won't buy them, the girl should take the initiative in the matter and stand by the" No Glove-No Love" rule
Gee,with your logic(people having NO self-control),I'm not sure they will take the time to go get b/c or take the time to put a condom on. They are ANIMAL like....NO ability to think rationally. It's a "get horny,start ripping each others clothes off,and hump away" with NO responsibilities,NO time for second thoughts or possible regrets. NOTHING.

Then,when the girl is late with her period,the guy bails,and she's off to the abortion clinic. She simply CAN'T have a baby. NO way Jose.
Kenose

Westbury, NY

#251887 Aug 8, 2012
SassyJM wrote:
<quoted text>Lala lies about everybody here. She thinks that by spreading lies about people,that it will take the focus off her evil stance of abortion.
She spends her time stalking people. She tries to find out where people live,their place of worship and their places of business. Then she thinks that she's got a lead,and then publically announces it on here.
She even stalked a girl named Linda thinking it was me. She stalks a church in a town that she thinks that I live in. She probably sits in the parking lot during masses on sunday thinking that a girl that is suppose to be me will come up to her holding a sign that says "SASSYJM".
LOL what an idiot.
She is playing with fire. She is violating topix TOS by stalking,threatening people.
Quite the imagination you have there, Mr. paradox. Let us know when you leave your fantasy world and come back to reality.
Kenose

Westbury, NY

#251888 Aug 8, 2012
SassyJM wrote:
<quoted text>Why would I call a girl who admits her wrong doing,stupid? Why would I call a girl who DOESN'T support killing as choice,stupid?
What's STUPID and EVIL is people supporting abortion as choice,not some young/vulnerable girl who was alone,scared and desperate. She's TRAGIC when she aborts. In fact,people like YOU are the reason why she does what she does. She is LIED to. She is told by people like you that ALL she has to do is to use protection and then she is okay. Guess what? Over HALF(counted anyway,not including liars like lala who lied to the Dr and told him that she was using b/c)the women using b/c HAD ABORTIONS. That is not including those who KEPT their baby.
I have much compassion for girls who have killed their babies and suffer from it. The truth has led them to seek help. They are AGAINST abortion BECAUSE they know the truth about what they did to their baby.
My God are you able to answer a simple question without vomiting more inane BS?

Did you call your friend stupid and evil because they had an abortion, regardless of how they felt?

That is what you post here; vile, hateful garbage for anyone who dares oppose your point of view.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#251889 Aug 8, 2012
SassyJM wrote:
<quoted text>Why would I call a girl who admits her wrong doing,stupid? Why would I call a girl who DOESN'T support killing as choice,stupid?
You are one dimensional in a multidimensional, pluralistic world.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#251890 Aug 8, 2012
SassyJM wrote:
<quoted text> Gee,with your logic(people having NO self-control),I'm not sure they will take the time to go get b/c or take the time to put a condom on. They are ANIMAL like....NO ability to think rationally. It's a "get horny,start ripping each others clothes off,and hump away" with NO responsibilities,NO time for second thoughts or possible regrets. NOTHING.
Then,when the girl is late with her period,the guy bails,and she's off to the abortion clinic. She simply CAN'T have a baby. NO way Jose.
Make the MAP more available ATC. You're right about people getting in to far to stop and wearing protection. They are not going to stop and run down the nearest Walgreens so they need to be prepared (both sides) and have protection. A parent who accidently finds condoms in their kids pockets or purse should be relieved for them using common sense rather than making a big issue over it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Astoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 17 min The Man 15,568
Giants talk back (Dec '06) 1 hr JETS 4 LIFE 3,065
"Walking Dead" Starts Feb 9th (Jan '14) 2 hr jimi-yank 151
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 2 hr Pat-Med 88 11,003
jets talk back (Dec '07) 3 hr jimi-yank 9,335
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr grave digger 47,478
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 6 hr jimi-yank 309,279

Astoria News Video

Astoria Dating
Find my Match

Astoria Jobs

Astoria People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Astoria News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Astoria

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]