Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
237,021 - 237,040 of 305,389 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You LIED about not having said smething, you got caught and I proved you lied, and you've been trying to distance yourself from it. No game. Just the truth.
Funny how you speak of "moving on" when you and some of the other cronies here haven't moved on from things said by pro-lifers 6 or 7 YEARS ago. You people save posts from way back then. lol
I'm pretty sure if I smacked the stupid out of you, there wouldn't be anything left.
Fact: I didn't lie about anything Lynniekins. I said what I said, and NORMAL folks understand EXACTLY what I said was in the context of a discussion about the riots of 1968.

Lynniekins, you would't get a chance to smack me bitch - guaranteed. As for stupid, you wear it like a second skin.

We've moved on just fine. Every time you lie - you get the your own words spotlighted - that's YOU not being able to move on, not us. Hell, you can't even own your own history and words, that's not only stupid, its pathetic.

Now keep blathering on like a lunatic Lynnieksin, some of us have lives to lead - unlike you who's "life" seems to consist of seeking out negative attention and thats about it.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

SassyJM wrote:
<quoted text>LOL Great catch Lily.
Foo likes to shove her bull under the rug hoping we will forget her blunders. Just like the Arial story that has YET to be proven by these links that PROVE them(we've yet to be shown them),or "ALL THESE POSTS"that she has saved to show Lynnes actual words to prove foo's claims(still awaiting them too).
She's a joke.
**pat pat**

Coming from the forum joke, this is amusing.

You just keep thinking your delusional thoughts Skanky. Maybe one day you'll convince someone OTHER than your idiot buddy Lynne.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

SassyJM wrote:
<quoted text>So,I assume that you feel that young kids who are also sexual beings,should be having sex? I mean,we couldn't DARE expect our kids to have self-control if WE ADULTS couldn't possibly.
Right?
We should tell our young middle/junior girls that boys will HAVE to use them for sex because they have needs. Girls will HAVE to engage in oral sex because we can't expect them to practice self-control because they are animals.
While we are at it,we simply CAN'T expect kids to refrain from drinking and drugging. I mean,that's like telling kids to practice self-control. IMPOSSIBLE. right?
@@ Nice Thomas. Good going.
You're far removed from reality. Kids are having sex and doing drugs even after all the effort the parents and teachers put into trying to get them not to. Parents still drop their kids off at the malls on the weekend and have no idea what they are doing UNTIL they get "that" call. Then everyone is to blame except the parents. Parents let their daughters dress like street corner hookers and let them all pile in with the first sixteen year old with a car to go" hang out". Hanging out subjects them to 17,18,19 year olds. Mischief in the form of sex,drugs,and alcohol often follows. Today's adults are far too involved in their own lives to be a firm,strict,loving parents guiding their children. People have babies and park them in front of the TV until they start K and school. Then their upbringing is left to the teachers to unwind and put on the right course. Then when they turn sixteen,they are handed a credit card and the keys to a car and come and go as they please. Anyone can make a baby,not everyone knows how to be a parent.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

SassyJM wrote:
<quoted text>Would you have stayed out of it if I killed my second old baby-former fetus? NO.You wouldn't.You'd be the first to call the police,jump on me to stop me.
Again,you've admitted that you agree with restricting a womans choice to kill her fetus/baby. That shows that you WANT your voice heard regarding protecting that viable child. You would not vote in someone who was desperately determined to make elective abortion for ANY reason(wrong sex,wrong color,wrong hair or eye color,used as birth control,aborting because she didn't want to be pregnant on her vaction to the islands,etc..).
"Again,you've admitted that you agree with restricting a womans choice to kill her fetus/baby..."

No, I did not. That is a lie. Show the post. Show me where I wrote that, okay?

"That shows that you WANT your voice heard regarding protecting that viable child."

How do you get all that out of this statement? "I support a woman's freedom to make her own choices, within the law."

"You would not vote in someone..."

When I vote for someone it's usually based on many issues like the economy, employment, foreign policy, if they are a fundie or not, etc. Abortion is very low on this list if it's on there at all. I don't believe much is going to change about abortion.

Abortion is just a symptom of a much larger problem, which is ignorance and lack of 100% effective birth control. But mostly the former. Eradicate the ignorance and you greatly reduce abortion. Improve birth control and it gets even better.

Fix the problem, not the symptom.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

SassyJM wrote:
<quoted text> You're sadly mistaken if you think that "anything" goes with our right to our freedoms. Yes,you can not agree with my religion,even show your ugly bigotry towards it,and that is your right to practice your freedom of speech. There ARE boundaries though LNM. Once you threaten violence by speech or actions,then you LOSE your freedom.
So,while you may be pro-AMERICA,as am I,we DO have boundaries. We can't infringe on the rights of other humans. The humans life in your womb,is your offspring,naturally occuring when you have sex. That the biological process of life. Once conceived,that other life exists(that of your now developing child).
Your rights end there. You would NOT support my freedom to practice my "free will" nor my "freedoms granted by my country" if it involved killing another. You agree with restrictions for ELECTIVE killing after the first trimester for a reason. You feel that the viable baby DESERVES protection vs the mothers choice to kill.
Think about how anti-choice regarding abortion,that you really are.
"You're sadly mistaken if you think that "anything" goes with our right to our freedoms.'

I have said repeatedly that there is no such thing as 100% autonomy. I have said repeatedly that everything in our society has restrictions. Why are you just making things up and not seeing what I actually post?

"There ARE boundaries though LNM."

I never said otherwise. See above.

Just let me know upfront if you intend to ignore everything I ever say on here.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

SassyJM wrote:
<quoted text> My sister in law is my family. She has issues that she has addressed/surgery too and so,it is not just sheer ignorance on her part as to why she doesn't know why she is pregnant or not. Interesting that you have turn the tables to suit YOUR own agenda.
Most women HAVE normal cycles. Even when they don't,they can't still understand their bodies enough to know when they ARE ovulating. If they CHOOSE to stay ignornant and get pregnant,then NO, I will not pity their stupidity when they go for an abortion. No more or less than a woman who kills her born child because she decides that she doesn't want children after all.
BTW...I don't care if you believe me or not. I'm not surprised to hear that you don't want to hear about a woman who is suffering to get pregnant when you people just THROW away yours like garbage.
There are tv shows that show women not knowing that they were pregnant. Some are quite interesting. It's a reality.
"when you people just THROW away yours like garbage"

You people? Please bring forward any post where I said I had an abortion.

Stop all the lying.

And I have no interest in reality TV. I don't believe for a second that cameras are just rolling in the background while people act like they're not there. Producers want profits and I thinks those shows are somewhat scripted. I don't believe most of that garbage. It's about making money not doing those people a service.
Kenose

Westbury, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

SassyJM wrote:
<quoted text> If they CHOOSE to stay ignornant and get pregnant,then NO, I will not pity their stupidity when they go for an abortion.
Keep bashing women. You fight for nothing more than your opinion.

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps the reason she's so bitter is because for every woman that has a healthy WANTED child, she's reminded of the "children" her pedophile BF "murdered", and those other two she lost because - in part - she was an immature, screwed up mess.
She's a good example of why children shouldn't have children.
Absolutely. Good points.

100% accurate.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
What that dumbell doesn't seem to understand is that supporting "freedom" to make one's own choices is not the same as supporting every individual choice a person makes using that freedom.
I can't make it any simpler for them to understand.
Some PL seem to be of the mentality that if you aren't "against" abortion, you are automatically "for" abortion.

It isn't enough for us to simply say that our beliefs and feelings play no part in the equation pertaining to a complete stranger's pregnancy.

It's a simple-minded, ignorant approach to this issue that, quite frankly, seems to be irreconcilable.

We can't alter the way their so-called "brains" function.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Funny how many times when Sassy is oppositional about something she suddenly knows all these people who had the experiences in question. And, it just so happens all these (fictional) people told her things about those experiences that only supports and justifies her own opinions.
If those stories she tells were actually true (which I doubt) they only prove that she is nosy beyond belief and butts into people's private business every chance she gets.
I'm still waiting for Sassy to explain why she seems to have nothing but derision for women who don't know their own bodies well enough to successfully use the rhythm method of birth control, but she has all this compassion for women who get to 8 or 9 months pregnant without even knowing they're pregnant. There's a huge difference between how the menstrual cycle feels and how pregnancy feels...a huge difference. But she's a hypocrite, I know.
a) She's a liar.

b) She's a low-classed buttinsky who thrives on extracting and storing personal information about other people, simply to use it as a weapon against them, because her life is meaningless and she has no skills, so she needs to try to elevate herself above others using whatever means possible, regardless of how unethical and unChristian they may be.

c) She likes to force these less-than-competent women and girls to be parents so she can talk down about them and feel superiour to them, see item b), above. It has nothing to do with the fetus. The fetus is merely a means to an end.

d) She has no friends and her kids despise her because she either wishes them dead or they end up very close to death thanks to her inadequacies as a parent. Look what happened to her husband.'Nuff said.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
The faux-Christian shrews, Susan especially, used the impending birth of Katie' grandchild to insult her for her opinions.
These faux_Christians just love taking any opportunity to degrade their own religion by their actions.
In all fairness to Sue, she never brings her religion into the equation. She doesn't use it as her rationale for her stance on abortion, and she doesn't use it as a cudgel or a tool with which to judge other people who are not Christian or who are PC.

That being said, she handled katie's newborn granddaughter's birth announcement very poorly. AJ was right. She is better than that.

JM and LYnne are *not* better than that. They are incapable of handling a situation - ANY situation - with class and grace. Lynne and JM are low-classed scum. Trash, really.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Wow:

"One Louisiana public school's no-nonsense approach to preventing teen pregnancy is "in blatant violation of federal law and the U.S. Constitution," the American Civil Liberties Union says.

According to Delhi Charter School policy, students "suspected" of being pregnant are required to take a pregnancy test. If the test proves positive, or if a student declines to take the test, she'll no longer be permitted to take classes on campus and must either transfer to another school or begin a home school program. From the student handbook:

If an administrator or teacher suspects a student is pregnant, a parent conference will be held. The school reserves the right to require any female student to take a pregnancy test to confirm whether or not the suspected student is in fact pregnant. The school further reserves the right to refer the suspected student to a physician of its choice. If the test indicates that the student is pregnant, the student will not be permitted to attend classes on the campus of Delhi Charter School.
If a student is determined to be pregnant and wishes to continue to attend Delhi Charter School, the student will be required to pursue a course of home study that will be provided by the school… Any student who is suspected of being pregnant and who refuses to submit to a pregnancy test shall be treated as a pregnant student and will be offered home study opportunities. If home study opportunities are not acceptable, the student will be counseled to seek other educational opportunities.

The ACLU is demanding that Delhi immediately suspend the policy, noting that it violates Title IX, which prohibits sex discrimination in federally funded educational programs. According to Title IX, schools cannot be excluded from "any class or extracurricular activity, on the basis of such student's pregnancy, childbirth, false pregnancy, termination of pregnancy or recovery therefrom."

The school also notes in its handbook that it reserves the right to send girls suspected of being pregnant to a physician of the school's choice. Various other policies in the 216-page manual permit "reasonable corporal punishment of unruly students," defined as "paddling of the student's buttocks," and prohibition of public displays of affection because they "show disdain for good taste." According to the handbook, PDA include, but are not limited to "holding hands on school premises, hugging, kissing, leaning against each other and sitting in each others' laps."

cont'd....

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

cont'd...

"In a letter to Delhi school officials Aug. 6, ACLU of Louisiana Executive Director Marjorie Esman points out that school policies also violate the Equal Protection Clause and Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment "by imposing an irrebuttable presumption that pregnant students are unable to continue to attend classes" and "raises serious concerns of vagueness in violation of the First Amendment."

Delhi's school policies are surfacing as the education gap between teen moms and those who didn't have a teen birth grows. According to a 2010 report by nonprofit research center Child Trends, 51 percent of teen mothers have a high school diploma, compared with 89 percent of women who were not teen mothers. For teens who give birth before the age of 18, their likelihood of graduating high school is even lower -- just 38 percent have a diploma.

According to a recent Centers for Disease Control and Prevention report, Louisiana holds the sixth highest teen pregnancy rate in the country, and "lack of education is a big factor," Louisiana State University student Shea Leger told The Daily Reveille.

The ACLU notes that about 70 percent of teenagers who give birth drop out of high school, in part due to actions by schools that force pregnant students out. Data from the National Center for Educational Statistics show that pregnancy is already a leading cause of dropping out of high school -- 30 percent of teenage girls cited pregnancy or parenthood as a reason for leaving before completion.

Overall, high school dropouts cost taxpayers between $320 billion and $350 billion a year in lost wages, taxable income, health, welfare and incarceration costs, among others. Dropouts are also a cost to themselves: of the 3.8 million students that started high school last fall, a quarter won't earn a diploma. Those who don't finish will earn $200,000 less than those who do over their lifetime.

Dropouts are also not eligible for 90 percent of the jobs in our economy, and a student drops out of high school every 26 seconds in the U.S., contributing to a rising unemployment rate."

Nice way to *increase* the drop-out rate.

One thing we don't need is more JMs and LynneDs sucking from the economy!

While I can understand that they don't want their girls to get pregnant, tossing them under the bus when they truly need to finish their education is certainly not the way to go, IMO. Instead, they should offer better "pre-sex" education so as to deter sexual activity, and, if the girl does get pregnant regardless, enable her to continue her education WITH the caveat that she MUST take child rearing, occupational training, and other relevant courses as part of her curriculum. Of course these courses should also be offered to the general populace, anyway.

They should not be penalizing these kids when they are most in need of guidance and support. Give them every opportunity to make the most of their lives in spite of being teen moms.
grumpy

Garnerville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Funny how many times when Sassy is oppositional about something she suddenly knows all these people who had the experiences in question. And, it just so happens all these (fictional) people told her things about those experiences that only supports and justifies her own opinions.
If those stories she tells were actually true (which I doubt) they only prove that she is nosy beyond belief and butts into people's private business every chance she gets.
I'm still waiting for Sassy to explain why she seems to have nothing but derision for women who don't know their own bodies well enough to successfully use the rhythm method of birth control, but she has all this compassion for women who get to 8 or 9 months pregnant without even knowing they're pregnant. There's a huge difference between how the menstrual cycle feels and how pregnancy feels...a huge difference. But she's a hypocrite, I know.
Somebody suggested this{I foreget who)but it would explain Sassy's knowing these types of women.
This is my guess. Sassy had an abortion and is wracked with sin. So she is involved with support groups where she meets with others who have the same problem as she does.

“Don't kill me mom”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Somebody suggested this{I foreget who)but it would explain Sassy's knowing these types of women.
This is my guess. Sassy had an abortion and is wracked with sin. So she is involved with support groups where she meets with others who have the same problem as she does.
I would never kill my child grumpy. So who ever "suggested" such nonsense,is desperate.

I talk freely here. I have nothing to hide. I bring certain examples of people that I know of,heard about from someone or heard on the news/tv. I am around many people. I have formed many close relationships as well as just knowing people from my paths in life. I also have many inside truths from volunteering in CPC's my whole life. My parents also(as well as some of my siblings)have also shared with their experiences in CPC's.

I have friends that have aborted. My best friend did. Some of my other friends have. They have all come to terms,sought help and I even had one who hadn't(she had never told me that she aborted)until one day she came to me totally broken. She didn't just want to share with me,she knew all about my faith in God and how we are offered forgiveness and healing from him. She then began her healing process. They ALL are now against abortion and do not support a womans choice to do what they did to their child.

I have also worked in CPC with girls who have aborted,shared their story(some repeat abortions)and have sought out ways to make amends by offering help that was denied them in their desperate time. Vulnerable is a bad place to be in when you are scared,alone and pregnant.

I wish that MORE women and men would step up and actually help these needy girls who find themselves with no other way out but to abort. Cheering on their rights to kill(legally)has NEVER tangibly helped a girl who was in such a position. Stop thinking about YOUR SELFISH agenda,and start putting your cheap words into action by offering girls HELP.

Sex=pregnancy. Wake the hell up and stop acting like incontrollable animals who have no self worth,self respect and no brains that you can't comprehend that if you don't want a child, ABSTAIN from sex when fertile or think 2x before you hop into bed with some guy who SAYS that he loves you OR with some girl that is proabortion.

“Don't kill me mom”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
"I try to keep my emotions in check here."
Not from what I see.
"Seeing a Dr pulling tiny little hands,feet,torso,rib cage,head,ears,etc..out of a womans vagina quite frustrating."
I've never seen this. Where are you that you're looking at things being done to women's vaginas?
"I look at the abortion tools used(sharp,dull,skull crushers,tongs,etc)and get sick to think that a little,precious baby is all nice and warm and protected and safe...
You're seeing a baby and giving it some kind of awareness it seems, but it's a z/e/f.
When a woman miscarries who tore the "baby" from the womb then? Your God?
"Katies grandchild is safe now. Yesterday,she wasn't..."
Yes she was safe yesterday, and the day before that and the day before that...and you don't know that?
Thank you for proving how clueless,ignorant and arrogant you proaborts really are. You have NO idea what an abortion is,does to the baby inside or to the woman after.

You want to know HOW or WHERE I saw a womans vagina during an abortion. How pathetic you really are that you would support an act that you are so ignorant about.

""""When a woman miscarries who tore the "baby" from the womb then? Your God?"""

A miscarriage is a natural death. NO baby is having his/her arms,legs,head,ears,torso,etc. .torn off in the womb. The baby simply dies.

Once out of the womb,the baby might die a natural death. There is no guarantee as to when we will die naturally. Someone DELIBERATELY killing us is a whole different issue.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

hahaha. Someone stole her name:

http://www.topix.net/forum/news/abortion/TKN1...

“Born Genius, Slacker by Choice”

Since: Mar 12

Oyster Bay, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

LIer wrote:
Wow! No posts? I would've thought this one would be a "web-buster".
Not an ounce of intelligence is posted here , with the exception of ' Yankee talk back 4 or 5 ' this is the most ignorant forum on Topix
Pugsy

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

LadiLulu wrote:
hahaha. Someone stole her name:
http://www.topix.net/forum/news/abortion/TKN1...
Hahaha! That IS funny.

Oh lookie,someone stole yours too.

hahaha. Isn't THAT funny?
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

SassyJM wrote:
<quoted text>
Sex=pregnancy. Wake the hell up and stop acting like incontrollable animals who have no self worth,self respect and no brains that you can't comprehend that if you don't want a child, ABSTAIN from sex when fertile or think 2x before you hop into bed with some guy who SAYS that he loves you OR with some girl that is proabortion.
In your perfect world BUT the kids are having sex anywaay so we should do more to teach birth control in the schools. Many schools systems don't touch the subject because the Bible thumpers and their zealot followers have the notion that teaching birth control and making it available gives kids the green light to have sex. They contend that the parents will teach their children "when it's time". BS! The "time " passes and the kids wind up with an STD or pregnant and the parents always come back with a stupid excuse that they had no idea what was going on. Wake up people! Sex is not a sacred item as it was in our days. It's used to try to get a boy to like you,to settle a bet, to score beer or weed,or trying to get revenge on another girl by doing her boyfriend. It's time we put the MAP on the open counter and erase the stigma sneaking around to buy it. Put condom machines in the womens rest rooms like the mens. If the guy won't buy them, the girl should take the initiative in the matter and stand by the" No Glove-No Love" rule

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Astoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 11 min Opinion 14,704
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 14 min TMAN_Mets 307,159
Nude snaps 15 min Naked smapchat 1
What's wrong with Tman, good ole Momma Chamberlin 1 hr jimi-yank 113
jets talk back (Dec '07) 1 hr jimi-yank 8,969
Giants talk back (Dec '06) 1 hr jimi-yank 2,875
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Tue College Professor 6,391

Search the Astoria Forum:
•••

Astoria News Video

•••
•••

Astoria Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Astoria People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••