Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 11,852)

Showing posts 237,021 - 237,040 of303,216
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
JBH

Richmond, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#251820
Aug 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The wealth and income of the USA middle-class households have been diminishing as much 40 % over the past few years.

Yet Obama tries to cover up by showing the stock market GOING, where it is just a playland for the super-wealthy and rich, of not many people.

Yet, in doing so, Obama has made majority of US people poorer and drained down the standard of living of all freedom people in his economic policy , as the biggest outsourcer to satisfy his crave and spree of economic destruction as of time.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#251823
Aug 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

zef wrote:
<quoted text>Is that your way of saying nobody should care if a woman is killed?
No, it means exactly what is says. It is nobody's business why any woman wants an abortion. Do. you. need. me. to. say. it. even. slower. for. you?

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#251824
Aug 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any links to credible (not anecdotal, or biased, for example) sites that provide evidence that women abort post-viable fetuses due to their not wanting to "be fat," or due to the pregnancy's impact on their attractiveness and/or social life, by any chance, BA?
Ridiculous. Where do people get this crap?

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#251825
Aug 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

SassyJM wrote:
<quoted text>This is a joke right?
How ANTI-WOMAN of you to judge a woman who might not find out that she is pregnant til the later stages of her pregnancy or at all(until she gives birth).
You clueless fool you.
Yeah, I suppose it's worth taking the gamble that a woman who is in denial or is clueless about her own body or lacks even the most basic critical thinking skills will make a good parent, maybe, someday. Sure, but I don't want to hear any more freaking whining from you right-wing crybabies about your taxes supporting welfare mothers who have no business having babies. Do we have a deal?

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#251826
Aug 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

SassyJM wrote:
<quoted text> Your daughter was pregnant with your grandchild and you've been on an abortion forum DEFENDING killing those little ones as choice?
((Sassy shakes her head))
You've sunk to the bottom. I feel sorry for you. Go hug and kiss your new grandchild and tell her how much Grandma loves her with her whole heart and soul,....NOW that she's out of her moms body.
@@
How stupid are you that you think that noone with a pregnant daughter is prochoice? Don't answer. It's a rhetorical question, dumbass.

Jesus, help Sassy stop being so damn stupid. She's your rep and she's making you look like an idiot.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#251827
Aug 8, 2012
 
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't know truth in any situation. Nothing posted by you guys about is truth. It's your twisted version of it, no more, no less. Don't cry about it, it aint no big deal. Just more proof of your inability to distinguish facts from emotion. I know, I know, it's all a big blur.
But you need a little reminder Lying Lynne Lily. We all congratulated you when your grandson was born. But you chose to use it to make another wildass claim we would somehow support aborting him because he had difficulty breathing. THAT came from your head, what passes for your mind. Not mine. Not any other PCer's.
Congratulations on your new family addition, Katie! If I were you, I'd ignore these bitter jabs at your happiness. Yikes, what nastiness from supposedly righteous people. Jeez...

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#251828
Aug 8, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, I undestand that and respect it completely! Hence what you said: what a great country we live in that we can fight for what we believe in! I agree with that too, even if we're not fighting for the same thigns all the time!
That said, what Gosnell did was criminal, he literally MURDERED women and children. That's not what we were discussing. My question is why do you think you should have a say in women's PERSONAL and let me add the word LEGAL medical decisions? Again, her pregnancy doesn't affect you, nor will the loss of her pregnancy via abortion affect you any more than her miscarriage would.
Gosnell is the extreme and a crime. Women having abortions in the first trimester is neither one.
I agree completely with your view that there are many things that dont affect us that we work to stop - genocide in Rowanda is a good example, poverty, homelessnes - but we're talking about PERSONAL, PRIVATE MEDICAL DECISIONS. I guess that's what I dont understand very well, the desire to stop women from making those decisions for themselves.
We obviously look at abortion differently. You see it as nothing more than a personal medical decission, I see it a decission that kills a human life.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#251829
Aug 8, 2012
 
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sue's right Katie. 100%. EVERYONE in any offical capacity dropped the ball in the Gosnell case.
Which is why I fight to tighten some restrictions on abortion "clinics". For example the docs being required to be associated with a nearby hospital, regulations on the training/licensing of personel, building regulations to allow for emergency situations, regular inspections, etc....

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#251830
Aug 8, 2012
 
Congrats to you and your family, Katy!

Don't let those frigid, bitter faux-Christian shrews bother you.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#251831
Aug 8, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
We obviously look at abortion differently. You see it as nothing more than a personal medical decission, I see it a decission that kills a human life.
Not exactly Sue, I dont think it kills a 'human life' as in a person or human being - because I dont believe it does. I think it kills the POTENTAL FOR human life. And while I think that's sad and a waste, its STILL a private, personal, difficult medical decision, and none of my or your or anyone elses business.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#251832
Aug 8, 2012
 
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is why I fight to tighten some restrictions on abortion "clinics". For example the docs being required to be associated with a nearby hospital, regulations on the training/licensing of personel, building regulations to allow for emergency situations, regular inspections, etc....
Again, I agree with this COMPLETELY. I dont think it should be limited to clinics that do abortions however, I think it HAS to be ALL "clinics" be they general health or ambulitory surgery centers.

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#251833
Aug 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
And I don't believe your stories either. You're always pulling those out of your backside.
Which makes complete sense since that is where her head is firmly lodged.

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#251834
Aug 8, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
Congrats to you and your family, Katy!
Don't let those frigid, bitter faux-Christian shrews bother you.
Yep.

They really have no class at all. Heaven forbid they should set their differences aside and offer her a heartfelt congratulations. When Mr. Mary announced the birth of his children on here, he was given warm congratulations by many PC, for example.

For the most part I feel I can safely say that the PC are much classier than most PL.

Without a doubt.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#251835
Aug 8, 2012
 
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not exactly Sue, I dont think it kills a 'human life' as in a person or human being - because I dont believe it does. I think it kills the POTENTAL FOR human life. And while I think that's sad and a waste, its STILL a private, personal, difficult medical decision, and none of my or your or anyone elses business.
Like I said, we see the issue from different perspectives.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#251836
Aug 8, 2012
 
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, I agree with this COMPLETELY. I dont think it should be limited to clinics that do abortions however, I think it HAS to be ALL "clinics" be they general health or ambulitory surgery centers.
I agree.

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#251837
Aug 8, 2012
 
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Ridiculous. Where do people get this crap?
I'm still waiting for his answer.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#251838
Aug 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is why I fight to tighten some restrictions on abortion "clinics". For example the docs being required to be associated with a nearby hospital, regulations on the training/licensing of personel, building regulations to allow for emergency situations, regular inspections, etc....
YEA, be sure to push for the same regulations for the kitchen table clinics in the projects and lower income level areas. You would like to choke out the legal abortion clinics but all you wind up doing is forcing the illegal operations futher underground. Whether you like it or not a woman seeking a termination will get one,either by a nanny woman,DYI,back alley doctors,or a VBF. Your idea of denying a woman of a SAFE CLINICAL termination because of your personal beliefs is so wrong! Why not concentrate on your life and stay out of other's.

“Don't kill me mom”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#251839
Aug 8, 2012
 
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
I notice you skipped over this part...
LNM wrote.."Wasn't it you who has complained about women who don't know their own bodies well enough to be successful at using the rhythm method of birth control? But now women who can go for 8 months without knowing they are pregnant have your compassion?"
Sassy wrote.."You are most certainly not pro-choice. You're YOURchoice."
Pretty funny coming from you. I leave people to make their own choices. How about you?
I didn't skip over that part. I read it. It was irrelevent to our conversation. I see alot of junk just thrown in typical conversations with you people to distract from the topic at hand.

Just the same,....Yes,I have complained about women not knowing their bodies enough to know their body system/functions. MANY unwanted pregnancies could be avoided by women educating themselves. THEN,when they have sex with their husbands,they won't be enjoying the moment while thinking "Oh no,I hope that I don't get pregnant".

Those women who have such extreme cases of irregular menstrual cycles,are not in control of that situation,obviously. My sis-in-law WANTS more children,so for her,she doesn't abstain(no reason to). If for any chance she doesn't want to be pregnant(i.e after just giving birth),she just abstains from sex for awhile. They do what they NEED to do.

Ripleys believe it or not-it IS possible to abstain. Absence makes the heart grow fonder,so THAT is the plus side to practicing a bit of self-control,y'know ;)
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#251840
Aug 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

SassyJM wrote:
<quoted text> I didn't skip over that part. I read it. It was irrelevent to our conversation. I see alot of junk just thrown in typical conversations with you people to distract from the topic at hand.
Just the same,....Yes,I have complained about women not knowing their bodies enough to know their body system/functions. MANY unwanted pregnancies could be avoided by women educating themselves. THEN,when they have sex with their husbands,they won't be enjoying the moment while thinking "Oh no,I hope that I don't get pregnant".
Those women who have such extreme cases of irregular menstrual cycles,are not in control of that situation,obviously. My sis-in-law WANTS more children,so for her,she doesn't abstain(no reason to). If for any chance she doesn't want to be pregnant(i.e after just giving birth),she just abstains from sex for awhile. They do what they NEED to do.
Ripleys believe it or not-it IS possible to abstain. Absence makes the heart grow fonder,so THAT is the plus side to practicing a bit of self-control,y'know ;)
Yeah,kind of like telling your cat in heat not to breed when you put her out for the night.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#251841
Aug 8, 2012
 
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Which makes complete sense since that is where her head is firmly lodged.
Funny how many times when Sassy is oppositional about something she suddenly knows all these people who had the experiences in question. And, it just so happens all these (fictional) people told her things about those experiences that only supports and justifies her own opinions.

If those stories she tells were actually true (which I doubt) they only prove that she is nosy beyond belief and butts into people's private business every chance she gets.

I'm still waiting for Sassy to explain why she seems to have nothing but derision for women who don't know their own bodies well enough to successfully use the rhythm method of birth control, but she has all this compassion for women who get to 8 or 9 months pregnant without even knowing they're pregnant. There's a huge difference between how the menstrual cycle feels and how pregnancy feels...a huge difference. But she's a hypocrite, I know.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 237,021 - 237,040 of303,216
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Astoria Discussions

Search the Astoria Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 18 min Frijoles 65,115
jets talk back (Dec '07) 37 min jimi-yank 8,853
Rangers talk back (Oct '07) 39 min jimi-yank 7,279
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 54 min Mexican Mitt Romney 6,284
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 58 min jimi-yank 302,049
Savages downplayed in the media (Feb '10) 58 min Zeroing in on Savages 5,347
Yahoo Mail! 1 hr Ray 1
•••
•••

Astoria News Video

•••
Astoria Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Astoria Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Astoria People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••