Professional Transportation, Inc. (PTI)

Posted in the Ashland Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 96 Comments Last updated Friday Aug 15
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
plz look

Russell, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 25, 2011
 
does any one know anything about them if there a good or bad company
StanBack

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 25, 2011
 
Yes. Someone knows.
Ptidriver

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jul 26, 2011
 
No benefits, no pay, unappreciative, safety oriented company
Meadow

Richlands, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 30, 2011
 
PTIDRIVER: I have questions for you about the job.

Do you work a certain shift, like 9-5, graveyard, etc?

Do you work certain days or how does it work?

I was told they hire part time and full time, I wonder how part time works.

And do you get paid on call or how is that?
Friend

Mathews, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 10, 2011
 

Judged:

1

If you want to make a good salary, this company is not the place to find it. Use this company as employment til you can find something better. The company itself gets paid real good money but does not show any appreciation to the employees by paying them for the hard work that they perform.
NOT THE JOB FOR ANYTHING ON......!!!!
Its true

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 18, 2011
 
Its a horrible job..i worked 18 hours in one day stay on the road an made 20 bucks
Former Driver

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Dec 21, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

I personally know everyone that works there and yeah it might not be the best job in the world but if you don't like it go somewhere else,remember you came to them and asked for the job.As for the managers being as bad as you say,The company would know about it and do something about it just like they would and have done about the drivers.
Sounds to me like the ones with nothing good to say about P.T.I. are people that don't appreciate having a job in todays economy and probobly can't get a job anywhere else!

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Dec 21, 2011
 

Judged:

1

I am a current driver with PTI and i can honestly say that the pay sucks, the company dont give a flying flock about their drivers, but hey it is a job that draws a paycheck that pays a couple of bills would i recomend this job NO i wouldnt but only because of my for mentioned comments, but like another poster said on here PTI is currently being sued by current employees because of the lack of pay, as well as being investigated by the labor board
PTIOTRDRIVER

Russell, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Dec 21, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

PTI sucks to work for, they don't pay their drivers SHIT,they will code 6 a driver so they won't have to pay them, and then turn around as use it as an excuse to hire 100 more drivers, when you are on call you don't get paid shit, and the they expect you to answer your phine by the second ring or you will be written up, but yet when you call they you are either placed ob hold for 30 minutes at a time, they don't answer, or they hang up on you. Now i have no issue with the 2 branch managers just because i don't care what they do on their own time just as long as it don't effect me, not to mention both managers have bent over backwards to help me out so i dont see what the problem is.
PTI Owner

Russell, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Dec 21, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Hey as long as I get my money, I don't care about my employees, They can work for free for all i care.
Meadow

Richlands, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Dec 21, 2011
 
How much is the pay? So are you paid hourly?
Do they offer part time as well as full time?
Just Me

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 4, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

I personally know everyone that works there and yeah it might not be the best job in the world but if you don't like it go somewhere else,remember you came to them and asked for the job.As for the managers being as bad as you say,The company would know about it and do something about it just like they would and have done about the drivers.
Sounds to me like the ones with nothing good to say about P.T.I. are people that don't appreciate having a job in todays economy and probobly can't get a job anywhere else!
You must be a manager at PTI! I have never worked for a company like this and I pray that I never again. The company pays a few pennies a mile and expect you to be available for a 12 hr shift while waiting on a trip that might pay $30.00. You may get one erun a night and let's see you pay your bills with that.
try applying yourself

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jan 4, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Just Me wrote:
I personally know everyone that works there and yeah it might not be the best job in the world but if you don't like it go somewhere else,remember you came to them and asked for the job.As for the managers being as bad as you say,The company would know about it and do something about it just like they would and have done about the drivers.
Sounds to me like the ones with nothing good to say about P.T.I. are people that don't appreciate having a job in todays economy and probobly can't get a job anywhere else!
You must be a manager at PTI! I have never worked for a company like this and I pray that I never again. The company pays a few pennies a mile and expect you to be available for a 12 hr shift while waiting on a trip that might pay $30.00. You may get one erun a night and let's see you pay your bills with that.
Its not really that bad...I am making pretty good money with my 12 hour shift. To everyone on here bashing PTI, get a life. If you dont want to work here then quit, that just means more money for me! By the way the two managers currently working for PTI, keep doing what you do I think you two are doing a great job! Keep up the good work! You guys definatley keep the moral up in here!
SoonToBeFormerDr iver

Jackson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jan 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

PTI is like any other business--they work to get th biggest bang from the bucks they spend. I don't hold this against them--from a business standpoint, they're just fine. However, even my branch manager told me upon hiring, that he was encouraged to seek out retirees--I'm 26 years old and he said this to my face. My manager's a good man, it's the company that's suspect half the time--and they're pretty damn lenient in that department, I'll begrudgingly admit--even if it's due to the fact that nowadays they can't get employees otherwise--their Dispatch is a hit-miss kind of group: some of them--whom I call "the Regulars", are kind, patient, understanding intividuals who appreciate the fact that, yes, you ARE a human being with a life, and if you state you can't take a trip, they'll say "no problem, have a good day." Then there are the day-job kids on the phone who are pretty much told in the office when they are hired that the drivers are on call 24/7 (even though that isn't true, let alone actually legal, depending on what state you live in)--don't bother with them. They're just trying to do their own jobs, I get that, and don't hold it against them--we all have to earn our paychecks. I just wish I could earn a paycheck by being a cheeky B***ch to someone I've never met on the phone, is all, just because said stranger has said, repeatedly, "I won't be able to get to the station on time." No, seriously, I told them that, several times, not because I didn't want the work, but becuase I was being honest--I live half an hour from the depo, and I know--on a personal level--all the other drivers, and I call them when there's a trip I can't make that they can. Even that isn't enough for some of these kids on the phone at Dispatch. They just keep asking the same question, again and again, until they either get the awnser they're hired to get, or I say, "Call someone else," in which case, I honestly shouldn't even answer the phone to begin with if they're going to be like that--it's unprofessional and disgusting behavior, no matter WHAT your reason is.
Long story short--the pay is 14 cents per mile, and min. wage ONLY--(and I mean ONLY)--when you're sitting around in the van waiting for the railroad crew, which isn't their fault at all--they just want to get home.
Take the job if you have a lot of spare time to sit around waiting to be called out for a trip that could take up to eight hours total for the stated pay above. Otherwise, don't bother, because you WILL be disappointed. This is a job for retirees and the like, those who already have a source of income and spare time to spare; it's NOT a job for someone who wants reliable hours and a consistent, bi-weekly paycheck.
There you go, folks. Pure honesty. Have your way with it.
Oh, and to be fair, my branch manager is an honest, awesome guy. Too bad he works for this company.
just a driver

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 14, 2012
 
SoonToBeFormerDriver wrote:
PTI is like any other business--they work to get th biggest bang from the bucks they spend. I don't hold this against them--from a business standpoint, they're just fine. However, even my branch manager told me upon hiring, that he was encouraged to seek out retirees--I'm 26 years old and he said this to my face. My manager's a good man, it's the company that's suspect half the time--and they're pretty damn lenient in that department, I'll begrudgingly admit--even if it's due to the fact that nowadays they can't get employees otherwise--their Dispatch is a hit-miss kind of group: some of them--whom I call "the Regulars", are kind, patient, understanding intividuals who appreciate the fact that, yes, you ARE a human being with a life, and if you state you can't take a trip, they'll say "no problem, have a good day." Then there are the day-job kids on the phone who are pretty much told in the office when they are hired that the drivers are on call 24/7 (even though that isn't true, let alone actually legal, depending on what state you live in)--don't bother with them. They're just trying to do their own jobs, I get that, and don't hold it against them--we all have to earn our paychecks. I just wish I could earn a paycheck by being a cheeky B***ch to someone I've never met on the phone, is all, just because said stranger has said, repeatedly, "I won't be able to get to the station on time." No, seriously, I told them that, several times, not because I didn't want the work, but becuase I was being honest--I live half an hour from the depo, and I know--on a personal level--all the other drivers, and I call them when there's a trip I can't make that they can. Even that isn't enough for some of these kids on the phone at Dispatch. They just keep asking the same question, again and again, until they either get the awnser they're hired to get, or I say, "Call someone else," in which case, I honestly shouldn't even answer the phone to begin with if they're going to be like that--it's unprofessional and disgusting behavior, no matter WHAT your reason is.
Long story short--the pay is 14 cents per mile, and min. wage ONLY--(and I mean ONLY)--when you're sitting around in the van waiting for the railroad crew, which isn't their fault at all--they just want to get home.
Take the job if you have a lot of spare time to sit around waiting to be called out for a trip that could take up to eight hours total for the stated pay above. Otherwise, don't bother, because you WILL be disappointed. This is a job for retirees and the like, those who already have a source of income and spare time to spare; it's NOT a job for someone who wants reliable hours and a consistent, bi-weekly paycheck.
There you go, folks. Pure honesty. Have your way with it.
Oh, and to be fair, my branch manager is an honest, awesome guy. Too bad he works for this company.
Shut up dumbass! You are jabbering again!
medicab

Aliquippa, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jan 14, 2012
 
heavyj wrote:
I am a current driver with PTI and i can honestly say that the pay sucks, the company dont give a flying flock about their drivers, but hey it is a job that draws a paycheck that pays a couple of bills would i recomend this job NO i wouldnt but only because of my for mentioned comments, but like another poster said on here PTI is currently being sued by current employees because of the lack of pay, as well as being investigated by the labor board
it sounds like you all are describing mts, tell you what if you all want a better job, go to medicab, a very good company, don't apply at mts, they are as bad as transportation inc if not worse.
PTI Owner

Russell, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jan 16, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

medicab wrote:
<quoted text> it sounds like you all are describing mts, tell you what if you all want a better job, go to medicab, a very good company, don't apply at mts, they are as bad as transportation inc if not worse.
Why go and work for that place when you can have the pleasure of working for me for free

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Feb 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

PTI is a good place to start if you don't have a job at all. It's always easier to find a job if you already have one. Their pay differs, evidently, from region to region. Our drivers make $8/hr. and $0.19/mile. Just like all the other branches, we work 12-hour shifts and a lot of days, you wait for hours to get a call for a trip. You ONLY get paid if you are actually ON a trip. You don't dare sign up on board if you don't have a van. Anyone who hasn't had their drivers license for at least 7 years, needn't bother applying because you automatically won't be hired because of insurance coverage requirements. Driving records are checked and all drivers are drug tested upon hiring and are drug tested from time to time without prior notice. If you're not able to pass a drug test on demand, then PTI really doesn't need you working for them. Safety is their number one concern.

If you are able to get a job with PTI, plan on doing it as a starting point to aid you to better your life. It is a job that unless you plan on devoting most of you waking hours to, you won't have much else of a life. You have to be available for calls to take your trips. This job is a good step towards getting another job somewhere else, simply because of the fact that you are currently employed by someone. It is best suited for people who have a secondary income to fall back on such as SSDI/SSI or retirement from somewhere else you've worked.

Drivers have tried to address employment problems with PTI, but not much seems to get resolved. It just seems to make the job more difficult to perform. When you drive, there is no guarantee that you will start when you go on board or end by the time you're supposed to go off. The statement was made that a person worked most of the day and only made about $20. That is one of the truest statements I've seen on this forum. I would recommend to anyone who doesn't have another income to fall back on, to use this job to take up the financial slack until they can find something better somewhere else.

If you're able to stand on your feet and work an 8 hour shift 4 or 5 days a week, you will no doubt make more money working at a McDonald's somewhere.
kylerrb

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Feb 10, 2012
 
StanBack wrote:
Yes. Someone knows.
Nobody likes a smart ass
annoyed

Pecos, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Feb 12, 2012
 
dang.... Pecos, Tx branch pays only $0. 13/mile and $7.25 wait time that sucks big time!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Ashland Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
Ihop 10 min BC 5
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 19 min Ditch Mitch 1,029
Dr Stephanie Hutchison OBGYN (Oct '10) 20 min Leads 75
tessah spurlock 35 min banana split 2
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 43 min Calvin_Coolish 150,992
Shouldn't Jesus be in Hell 51 min think about it 21
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 1 hr U go girl 16,143
fairview 6 hr Troll 164
Kdmc plans to lay off again 9 hr over it all ready 74
Another Rat in Ashland Tue motorcycle 29
•••
•••
•••

Ashland Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Ashland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Ashland News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Ashland
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••