How much do substitute teachers make

Posted in the Ashland Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
EducateMe

Greenup, KY

#1 Oct 19, 2010
And which district pays the most? Where does one sign up to sub?
The principal

Brea, CA

#2 Oct 19, 2010
You will make lots and lots of money!!!!
Need some work

Ashland, KY

#3 Oct 19, 2010
My wife makes around $65 a day as a sub.
I am going to get into it eventually.
You MUST have collage credits and you apply at the county school board.
No district pays any differently, they all pay the same.
teacher

Ashland, KY

#4 Oct 19, 2010
Russell pays the most or did when I subbed. Boyd and Ashland were pretty close. I think Ashland might have been a little more. Same with regular teachers. I would make almost four thousand more working for Russell.

You can get on district websites under personnel. You would be classified unless you have a teaching degree. You have to have 65 college hours in any program to sub.
Yep

Broken Arrow, OK

#5 Oct 19, 2010
Need some work wrote:
My wife makes around $65 a day as a sub.
I am going to get into it eventually.
You MUST have collage credits and you apply at the county school board.
No district pays any differently, they all pay the same.
Well you might want to learn how to spell "College" before u start being a sub anywhere. Lol
NEED SOME WORK

Ashland, KY

#6 Oct 20, 2010
YEAH...
i ALWAYS HAD TROUBLE WITH THAT ONE...EVEN WHEN i WAS in COLLAGE!
Just not much of a speller :)
teacher

Ashland, KY

#7 Oct 20, 2010
Spelling is not an indicator on intelligence.
Parent

Russell, KY

#8 Oct 20, 2010
teacher wrote:
Coming from someone who teaches our children, no wonder we are in such poor shape educationally.
Teacher

Ashland, KY

#9 Oct 21, 2010
Some of the world's most intelligent people were horrible spellers!!! True fact.
Who cares if you can spell "incomprehensibility " if you can't successfully live in society?
BTW, I am not "teacher" from the above post, just another teacher with the facts.
Parent

Russell, KY

#10 Oct 21, 2010
You aren't a teacher at all. You were posting about about 11 am, IF you were a teacher you would be in school. If you were on TOPIX at school, that is sad. I would love to find out where you teach and get you fired just for that.
teacher

Ashland, KY

#11 Oct 21, 2010
I am the first teacher posting... the other one could be a retired teacher, a new teacher searching for her first job, a teacher on a sick/personal day, or a teacher on lunch break...

I get only a 25-minute lunch break and if I want (I don't, however) to get on Topix during my break on my phone (I am sure it would be blocked on school computer) then who are you (Parent) to determine what a teacher does on lunch break. And yes, lunches at my school start at 10:55 to get everyone in during the day. I work non-stop during planning and through most of my lunches, work after an hour or two and bring work home. Good grief, Parent get a life.
Parent 2

Russell, KY

#12 Oct 21, 2010
teacher wrote:
I am the first teacher posting... the other one could be a retired teacher, a new teacher searching for her first job, a teacher on a sick/personal day, or a teacher on lunch break...
I get only a 25-minute lunch break and if I want (I don't, however) to get on Topix during my break on my phone (I am sure it would be blocked on school computer) then who are you (Parent) to determine what a teacher does on lunch break. And yes, lunches at my school start at 10:55 to get everyone in during the day. I work non-stop during planning and through most of my lunches, work after an hour or two and bring work home. Good grief, Parent get a life.
I bet if you school knew you were on topix anytime you would at least get reprimanded if not fired.
Matilda

Hurricane, WV

#13 Oct 21, 2010
Obviously you know nothing about how schools operate in this day and age...
teacher

Ashland, KY

#14 Oct 21, 2010
Why are earth during my lunch would it matter if I am on Topix, as long as I was using my phone internet? During the day, Topix would be the LAST thing on my mind. LOL People go take smoke breaks( I don't smoke), run erruns (in 25 minutes to drop off and pick up kids, I don't ever do). It's your lunch break to do what you need to do. I am usually doing last minute things (copies, gather materials,call parents, heaven forbid even think of having time for a restroom break)since that is my LAST break of the day.
teacher

Ashland, KY

#15 Oct 21, 2010
Oh and no one is allowed to smoke on school property. I was just using that as an example of what people might do on their lunch break.
Ya mom

Flushing, NY

#16 Apr 12, 2011
Ha ha subsitutes aren't even real teachers I love when subsitutes try to give class work like there important.
more information

Ashland, KY

#17 Apr 12, 2011
teacher wrote:
It is, however, an indicator of detail.
more information

Ashland, KY

#18 Apr 12, 2011
Ya mom wrote:
Ha ha subsitutes aren't even real teachers I love when subsitutes try to give class work like there important.
That's not necessarily true.

Many substitutes ARE real teachers, though not all are. That's not the point though.

The point is that when a teacher is gone, a substitute is there to resume academic learning to the best of their ability. This includes behavior reprimanding and facilitating classwork.

“Haters gonna hate”

Since: Feb 11

Somewhere in Kentucky

#19 Apr 12, 2011
teacher wrote:
Oh, but it most certainly is. Your ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in the written form, is a great indicator for intelligence. Those who can't effectively express themselves are perceived to be lacking in intelligence, and statistics have shown this perception actually correlates to real data from doing case studies.

It is even more important in a forum such as this where all that someone will see of you is how you express yourself with the written word.
ya mom

Yorktown Heights, NY

#20 Apr 12, 2011
yeah well I'm just saying a substitute should know his or her place and thats not trying to be a real teacher and just sit in the back and be cool

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Ashland Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
Pedos Anonymous 11 min Maybe 21
legalize weed 46 min Mitch owned by Bi... 79
Grimes 51 min Truth 21
Lady godivas 1 hr Frank lee 21
Amanda clark is stripping sad day she feel this... 1 hr Frank lee 4
Single Women 1 hr looking 1
James hicks of boyd county (READ VERY INTERESTING) 1 hr VET 44
KDMC Eliminating an entire department and outso... 4 hr EMT 39
fairview 11 hr MY 2 CENTS 740