Toddler Pageants

Posted in the Ashland Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wondering

Ashland, KY

#1 Jan 23, 2010
Does anyone know of any baby or toddler pageants in the tri-state area or as far as lexington coming up?
Beth

Lebanon, KY

#2 Jan 23, 2010
wondering

Ashland, KY

#3 Jan 23, 2010
thanks!
wondering

Ashland, KY

#4 Jan 23, 2010
that website is for sunburst and the pageant for ashland was today, and i missed it..=( i was hoping someone knew of any others?
JENNIFER TENNESSEE

Nashville, TN

#5 Feb 23, 2010
DOES ANYONE KNOW OF UPCOMING PAGEANTS IN KNOXVILLE OR SURROUNDING AREAS
Why

Ashland, KY

#6 Feb 23, 2010
That is so wrong. Toddlers in makeup with big teased hair it's just creepy. Children are supposed to play in the dirt and have kool aid stained faces not look like 20 year olds and from what I have seen slutty 20 year olds at that. It disgusting.
i know

Fowlerville, MI

#7 Feb 23, 2010
yes, there is one april 18 at the ashland town center mall.... its americas fabulous faces. go to that website... google it. then all of the others are in the summer time.
Mr Garrison

Elizabethtown, KY

#8 Feb 23, 2010
Why wrote:
That is so wrong. Toddlers in makeup with big teased hair it's just creepy. Children are supposed to play in the dirt and have kool aid stained faces not look like 20 year olds and from what I have seen slutty 20 year olds at that. It disgusting.
Hmmm... Slutty 20 year olds playing in dirt...
Now that would be pageant worth seeing !
Kathy

AOL

#9 Apr 19, 2010
Pageant coming to Kyova Mall May 8th for information email auepageant@aol.com or contact mall for application.
Typicalpost

United States

#10 Apr 20, 2010
Why do all the little girls in these pageants have big fat ugly moms? Just saying! Is somebody trying to live thru thier kids?
Some Body

Ashland, KY

#11 Apr 21, 2010
I think it's disgusting to make your toddler look like a little hooker, just to get judged on who is prettiest. What in the world can that possibly teach a kid? Its horrible.
Dude

Bowling Green, KY

#12 Apr 21, 2010
Some Body wrote:
I think it's disgusting to make your toddler look like a little hooker, just to get judged on who is prettiest. What in the world can that possibly teach a kid? Its horrible.
It can't teach kids anything! It's all about mommys ego! I think it's kinda sick really.
Dont understand people

Campbellsville, KY

#13 Apr 22, 2010
Does the name Jonbenet ring a bell with any of you who are living your life through your child? These pagents only instill the myth in children that only the most beautiful are admired. It starts town a slippery slope.
Misty

United States

#14 Apr 22, 2010
I think having these poor little children dress up with all that make up and be taught to act a certain way so their fat ugly parents can smile is wrong. Most of the parents are fat and ugly. They just do it to compete with other parents. Not for their child to shine. Those kids get yelled at, made to walk and talk different for what? So the parents can sit a trophy somewhere? So sad. My girls are very beautiful but I don't have to have a trophy tell me that.
lmao

Ashland, KY

#15 Apr 22, 2010
Misty wrote:
I think having these poor little children dress up with all that make up and be taught to act a certain way so their fat ugly parents can smile is wrong. Most of the parents are fat and ugly. They just do it to compete with other parents. Not for their child to shine. Those kids get yelled at, made to walk and talk different for what? So the parents can sit a trophy somewhere? So sad. My girls are very beautiful but I don't have to have a trophy tell me that.
I think a lot of people has the wrong idea. Not all pageants are this way. I have 4 little girls and everyone except for my youngest has been in pageants. I only put them in one that they didn't ask to do and it was when my oldest was a baby. But my point is some kids want to do it, and I NEVER put my kids in make-up and never buy expensive dresses/outifits, my theory is true beauty shines through and it's never failed us so far. Honestly they have won or at least placed 2nd in every pageant they have been in and usually the judges tell us it's because they aren't all made up and because instead of their outfits making them, they made the outfits. And I am an attractive level-headed woman and not all mothers who kids do pageants are fat and crazy. I never encourage them to do anything besides be themselves and it has paid off in the end everytime!
Likes pageants

United States

#17 May 6, 2010
Why wrote:
My daughter is 3 yrs old and I do not allow her to play in dirt and dont let her have kool aid. She does do pageants but natural ones, no make up no fake hair, teeth, no nails etc... all the ones we have been to the kids love to do them. If my daughter doesnt win shes ok with it and she tells all they other girls "good job". Its all for fun.
grandma

AOL

#18 May 6, 2010
please don't do that to your child.
Auntie

Birmingham, AL

#19 Jun 16, 2010
my niece compeets in pagents and plays in the dirt. she is a sweet little girl and loves to do the pagents. the money she wins goes into a bank account for her to go to college. how can somthing she enjoys doing and that will provide for her future be a bad thing for her? if she ever decides she doesnt want to do it anymore she can stop. no one yells at her or ever makes her act like somthing she isnt. there is nothing wrong with pagents as long as the childs best interest is in mind.
Child abuse

Ashland, KY

#21 Jun 19, 2010
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
It can't teach kids anything! It's all about mommys ego! I think it's kinda sick really.
Agreed...
Regional Royalty

Millville, NJ

#22 Aug 2, 2010
www.regionalroyalty.com - On October 9th, 2010 - We are hosting the First Annual Halloween King and Queen pageant. The competition is open to both girls and boys, ages zero to 16 years old, and will take place in Central New Jersey.
director@regionalroyalty.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Ashland Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
legalize weed 5 min get real 83
Amanda clark striper 8 min truth hurts carma... 1
James hicks of boyd county (READ VERY INTERESTING) 45 min veteran pride 48
anybody interested in starting a business 1 hr no surprise 9
The Saftey Society of Ashland 1 hr WannaB 27
don hall dealership (Apr '12) 1 hr Sinful 13
Bobby Jack Woods against veterans 1 hr Jokester 55
Sodomy 3rd Degree Arrest in Boyd County 2 hr Precident 21
fairview 5 hr John Paul 746