IKR

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2012

Well i hope all those customers and employees in Kroger at the time of the incident was provided the HIPAA info and were advised that they were prohibited from discussing it once they left the premises.:-o
IKR

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2012

[QUOTE who="knows! "]<quoted text>
Apparently you can't read! It was clearly stated that is was a female nurse that wors at KDMC in the ER. And we live in a small community, it doesn't taking names to figure out who someone is duh! And yes it is a HIPAA violation to state someone's medical condition when it is coming from a health care worker even if a name was not given, a town, a place business where it happened,of incident where all given. There is more detail here than you are seeing. the general population is not held to the same ethical standards as a nurse, duh![/QUOTE]

Haha...No hospital name was given. Go reread the original message. No. 2 post
perfection

Ironton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2012

Judged:

[QUOTE who="what..."]<qu oted text>
Lol, It could have been me or anyone else for that matter. I'm sure anyone reading this would agree with me and not your stupidity! I will argue when I am right and admit when I'm wrong unlike you! I could take care of you some day or even a family member of yours (may already do) and I promise you that I will not gossip about you by violating your right to privacy or any other means. You will be well cared for physically and mentally regardless of your behavior, sex, race or financial means. That's the way we all deserve to be cared for by our healthcare systems. Now argue with that!!![/QUOTE]

After reading this thread, it looks like nobody agrees with you, you are all alone...
Info

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2012

You all are arguing a moot point, it's second hand information, hearsay on topix could be any krogers in any state anywhere. No location no names a judge would laugh at it.
get real what

Catlettsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2012

sounds like what hasn't got a life so he/she/shemale is on here gripping making more of something than needs be.
lol

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2012

Just go to the park where nurses smoke...u will hear all kinds of violation...just sayin

Since: Jun 10

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2012

Judged:

IKR wrote:
NEWS ALERT!! No identifying information was given on the lady so there has been NO HIPAA violation. Might want to take a refreshed plan that. Otherwise scanners are all about HIPAA violations.
yes the name was not given, but we know the details of the incident and just by doing some research with the details would show it is a hipaa violation, if you read the hipaa info. I know at Hershey medical center staff are not even aloud to announce a license plate number when attempting to find the owner of a car. I also know they give their patients first or last name when calling them back for procedures, doctor visits or etc.
What Idiots

Flatwoods, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2012

[QUOTE who="what..."]You signal handedly violated someone's medical privacy, potentially cost someone their job, financially devastated multiple families as it will financially further devastated an already struggling hospital which will lead to more lay offs and the raising cost of health care for all of us. You have negatively effected the reputation of all nurses and a hospital etc.... with your BIG mouth! Hope you are proud of yourself and sleep well tonight.
If something ever happens to you and you need medical care I hope that you get a nurse that cares not only about your physical and mental well being but also respects your right to privacy! But then again karma is a bitch![/QUOTE]My gosh chill out anyone at Kroger knew what happened and you act like such a control freak. No one cares about your rules and regulations or your so called knowledge.
Josh King Azzhole

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2012

Your all wrong, this poor woman just found out Mitt Romney picked Paul Ryan as his VP, and if that wasn't enough, they told her about Todd Akin's "legitimate rape" statement. Poor woman's heart couldn't handle that double whammy of insanity. I wish her a speedy recovery and good health.*Salute*
To hell with that

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

No violation at all, i enforce and investigate HIPPA violations and no violation has occured. If anything the person complaining about the violation is closer to a violation by bringing up KDMC. Careful what you preach!
It was me

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Hi everyone! I am the lady in question. I am Morgana Talbot. I went to the hospital and I am better now. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I love you all. I will gladly accept any donations you can offer. Just let me know where to meet you to pick them up. Please do no smoke because I will have my oxygen tank carted right beside me. Now stop all of this bickering on my behalf.

Sincerely,
Morgana
Rosie ODonnel

Ironton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

It was me! Doing fine now-Painting and having lunch with Trump. Live each day to the fullest-it could be your last!
A nurse for many years

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

I am glad the "patient" is ok if the above post is legit. I know about HIPPA. First of all, no name or identifying info, no hospital, no employee name was given. I am all for privacy but don't get carried away.
Stunedbyficktard what

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Your effin nuts.
really

Brant, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

[QUOTE who="what..."]<qu oted text>
Can you say HIPAA violation! Hope your nurse friend realizes that big red violations of that poor woman's privacy! So sad! Have some respect! It could have been you or even me....[/QUOTE]
As long as she didnt give a name its not a big deal
blahblah

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

If you're so convinced a violation has taken place why don't you go ahead and file a complaint? I bet they laugh in your face.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIPPA

"An individual who believes that the Privacy Rule is not being upheld can file a complaint with the Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights (OCR).[25][26] However, according to the Wall Street Journal, the OCR has a long backlog and ignores most complaints. "Complaints of privacy violations have been piling up at the Department of Health and Human Services. Between April of 2003 and November 2006, the agency fielded 23,886 complaints related to medical-privacy rules, but it has not yet taken any enforcement actions against hospitals, doctors, insurers or anyone else for rule violations. A spokesman for the agency says it has closed three-quarters of the complaints, typically because it found no violation or after it provided informal guidance to the parties involved.""

“These are the good old days.”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

Judged:

HIPAA's ass. HIPAA just made live harder for the doctors. Besides you really believe your health records are secure and private when minimum wage clerks deal with them daily and besides they are stored on computes which ARE NOT SECURE.
Kentucky Lady

Flatwoods, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Thank you for caring so deeply about patient privacy. But, I am sure HIPAA has not been violated in this case. Now, you could get the other personel to start lowering their voices when speaking to patients. Because their loud voices DOES violate HIPAA. Thanks!
well

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2012

I went shoping
just curious

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2012

[QUOTE who="what..."]<qu oted text>Your nurse friend is held to a higher standard of ethics than our general population idiot! All health care workers sign a confidentiality agreement and HIPAA agreement to keep ALL patients information confidential and private! Do you realize that this woman's family could bring a law suit against KDMC based on your post? And you're nurse friend could be personally held liable financially and criminally? and how is a nursing trying to help by leaking someone's private medical information? Get a clue! It could have been your personal information now couldn't it? Would you feel like you were being helped or victimized? Google HIPAA!!! Educate yourself!!![/QUOTE]
thats whats wrong with this world everybody is out for the almighty dollar so over somethin STUPID ppl right away ppl rush to file a lawsuit so y dont ppl just grow up n quit worrying bout suing this one or that one over somethin stupid as it was said No Names were mentioned

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Ashland Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Ashland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••