Comments
1 - 20 of 143 Comments Last updated Dec 23, 2013
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
opinion#9

Ironton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Oct 2, 2013
 
I hear they're taking foodstamps away at the end of the month. Any truth to this? I also heard wic is shutting down.
research

Russell, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Oct 2, 2013
 
http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2013/09/30/2...

"Unlike Social Security checks and many other safety net programs that can continue to operate under a shutdown, the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC) will cease issuing payments, leaving state governments scrounging for leftover funds from other programs that could be used to pay WIC benefits. Nearly 9 million at-risk mothers, infants, and children stand to lose their government-provided food money should the government shut down, the Department of Agriculture (USDA) announced Saturday.

Other nutritional programs the department runs such as school lunches and the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, or food stamps) would continue to function."
get a job

Wheelersburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Oct 2, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

I hope its true. We are all tired from carrying all of u free loaders. Obama cant save u know.
Its Me

Salem, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Oct 2, 2013
 

Judged:

4

get a job wrote:
I hope its true. We are all tired from carrying all of u free loaders. Obama cant save u know.
Maybe Obama can teach your Dumbass to spell!
TRUTH

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Oct 2, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

1

While there are a few that have been affected by layoffs and have contributed to the system and deserve what assistance they can get, there are twice as many that abuse the system. All I can say to those abusers is I don't feel sorry for you. GET A JOB! The rest of us did. You can too. You want to keep your assistance, take a drug test, pass it and get a job. I'd be glad to help someone trying but most just expect us to support their lazy behinds.

“Die Kreatur muss sterben”

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Oct 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Ummm someone is smoking too much crack! Food stamps are not being shut down! The food stamp dept is NOT paid by the federal government! So therefore, food stamps will not affected
taxpayer

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Oct 2, 2013
 
Its Me wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe Obama can teach your Dumbass to spell!
Only if he had a TelePrompTer
Father of the Bride

Salem, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Oct 2, 2013
 
taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if he had a TelePrompTer
Lol, ThAt's ToO FuNNy. Thank you for proving my point, Idiot!
OBAMA-MART

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Oct 2, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

OBAMA*MART
- Where every item is free because the person in line behind you foots the bill.
>> God how I wish the foodstamps would get shut down. I'm so F█ęKING sick of feeding your lazy ┴SS╦S and your illegitimate little apes.
research

Russell, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Oct 2, 2013
 
PFfan6277 wrote:
Ummm someone is smoking too much crack! Food stamps are not being shut down! The food stamp dept is NOT paid by the federal government! So therefore, food stamps will not affected
So you don't believe the USDA? Silly me, I guess we should believe an anonymous poster on a public chat board before the USDA.

"Nearly 9 million at-risk mothers, infants, and children stand to lose their government-provided food money should the government shut down, the Department of Agriculture (USDA) announced Saturday."
pissed off

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Oct 2, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

1

OBAMA-MART wrote:
OBAMA*MART
- Where every item is free because the person in line behind you foots the bill.
>> God how I wish the foodstamps would get shut down. I'm so F█ęKING sick of feeding your lazy ┴SS╦S and your illegitimate little apes.
Umm not everyone on foodstamps is lazy. I work and get foodstamps because I don't make enough to provide food for my family.
bubba

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Oct 2, 2013
 
Wouldn't it be horrible if this bunch of lazy freeloaders would have to buy their own twinkies and soda pop?
bubba

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Oct 2, 2013
 
pissed off wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm not everyone on foodstamps is lazy. I work and get foodstamps because I don't make enough to provide food for my family.
Well folks like you wouldn't get such a bad rap if we didn't get behind bums with government cards buying mounds of cookies, candy, pop, chips and tobacco. I saw a woman the other day who was obviously running a store...probably in some government subsidized housing unit. She had too much for her own use only....and guess who paid for it?
You my biatches

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Oct 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

I loves it when I hear your dumb cracker azz be all bitchin cuz I gots a cartloads of steaks and shiazz for my posse. And we be eatin good to, none of dat great value shiazz. I just swipe my WIC and flip my bic as I lights up on the way to my hitchin post. And guess what? Ain't nuttin none if you whiny azz crackers can do abot it! So I be all layin back sippin on my fourty eatin like a king not doin a gotdamn thing, while you, my biacthes be all outs working and shiazz. So won be winning mows? So gets your azzs to work in the morning. I needs more Molly and a shot of white azz. Mite even be your old lady.
uknowme

Catlettsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Oct 2, 2013
 
arguing on topix , how lame and childish lol losers

“Die Kreatur muss sterben”

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Oct 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

research wrote:
<quoted text>So you don't believe the USDA? Silly me, I guess we should believe an anonymous poster on a public chat board before the USDA.

"Nearly 9 million at-risk mothers, infants, and children stand to lose their government-provided food money should the government shut down, the Department of Agriculture (USDA) announced Saturday."
Well it's shut down and they haven't been stopped yet and they are expected to be back in business by the end of the week! If you would think about it for a split second, if the government WAS to shut down, they would cutting their own throats! It's what people call "The Knock Down Affect" or "Domino Affect"! Say it does shut down, well there goes national parks, then there would be no reason for tourists. Then businesses would shut down and what's the main thing that businesses in places like Gatlinburg Tenn, Staten Island and Ellis Island NY, not to mention the 9/11 Memorial depend on? The tourist dollar! Without the tourist dollar, businesses in these tourist attractions would shut down and so would the government! As would airports and train stations and taxi services also! So you REALLY for a split second think the government is going to shut down completely??? If you still say yes, then you're a bigger moron then anyone thought!!

“Die Kreatur muss sterben”

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Oct 2, 2013
 
PFfan6277 wrote:
<quoted text>Well it's shut down and they haven't been stopped yet and they are expected to be back in business by the end of the week! If you would think about it for a split second, if the government WAS to shut down, they would cutting their own throats! It's what people call "The Knock Down Affect" or "Domino Affect"! Say it does shut down, well there goes national parks, then there would be no reason for tourists. Then businesses would shut down and what's the main thing that businesses in places like Gatlinburg Tenn, Staten Island and Ellis Island NY, not to mention the 9/11 Memorial depend on? The tourist dollar! Without the tourist dollar, businesses in these tourist attractions would shut down and so would the government! As would airports and train stations and taxi services also! So you REALLY for a split second think the government is going to shut down completely??? If you still say yes, then you're a bigger moron then anyone thought!!
I forgot to add that IF it did shut down completely, it would send us right back into another depression!! And do you really think those money hungry bastards are going to let happen? Ummmm no!

“Gods Curse On Lazy Hillbillies”

Since: Jun 12

Dale City, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Oct 3, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

1

pissed off wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm not everyone on foodstamps is lazy. I work and get foodstamps because I don't make enough to provide food for my family.
You are Using It For What It was Meant For....You Could Probably Get More Food Stamp Support....If You Didnĺt Have To Share With all These Undeserving Lazy Ass Parasites Who are Abusing It....
Open-Minded

Flatwoods, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Oct 3, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

get a job wrote:
I hope its true. We are all tired from carrying all of u free loaders. Obama cant save u know.
I hope you never have to use them!! I am well off and would never make a statement like that!!! Food Stamp program is probably not hurting you at all. Now if you make $75000-$100000 a year you may be paying more than your fair share..I don't look down on others that have to use food stamps. They have to be processed in order to get them.. If they meet the requirements, they get assistance. Simple as that. Now if you put everyone on the streets without anything, You will have a terrible time of controlling them( RIOTS). More crime and ect. Jobs today are hard to land, and with the shut-down going on its going to be harder to find a job that pays better than Min. Wage. Should be looking at the SCHOOL KIDS RUNNING THIS GREAT NATION!!!!!!!!!! I guess, by your way of thinking that you are a Republician...If I am right on, get a life and worry about yourself!!!!! I'm sure you are not perfect, but if you think you are. Your in the wrong business, you should be at the Top looking down, Not the bottom looking up. Get Real, we have a lot of problems to solve rather than picking on food stamps...Yes, the WIC program could be affected in time..Write your leaders and demand that they go to work for the people of the nation, and stop this SHUT-DOWN
john

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Oct 3, 2013
 
I am a real democrat who thinks that the days of big government should be over. Welfare reform is a must. We need to mandate work for able bodied people getting food stamps and welfare. There should be no such thing as a free meal for people who are able to work. The government owes you nothing!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

104 Users are viewing the Ashland Forum right now

Search the Ashland Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Ashland Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Cornelius Scudmister 146,249
black girl on winchester 12 min Tom 23
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 15 min Mike Duquette 128,646
goodbye AK STEEL 20 min WeSoldYouOut1PERCENT 20
Male Breastfeeding 22 min Brain 5
Mark Noe 31 min luther 3
Black girl on Winchester 38 min luther 6
Westwood Female Obesity 56 min duh 56
KFC owners...The "Knipps"..... (Jan '11) 1 hr Private 132
I'm so Ashland ..... 1 hr True Talk 30
Cracker Barrel coming to town - FINALLY (Aug '13) 15 hr Nox Aeterna 27
•••
•••
•••
•••

Ashland Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Ashland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Ashland News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Ashland
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••