Kandi

Argillite, KY

#1 Dec 26, 2011
We just moved to the area and looking for places to take our family. What is the deal with this place? Is it closing or being renovated?
curious

Port Deposit, MD

#2 Dec 26, 2011
It's been a dead mall for many years... if you are looking for a good one, got to the Ashland Town Center (close by) or a better one is The Huntington Mall, (in Barboursville).. only thing good about the KYOVA mall is the movie theater. Callihan's sucks, food is mediocre at best and is too expensive for what you get.
tired of negative jerks

Ironton, OH

#3 Dec 27, 2011
way to welcome them to the city asswipe...KYOVA does have a great cinema, the big crowds at RJ's and Callihans is a clear sign that it doesnt suck and there are other shops and stores throughout. for a mall that is trying to hang on and grow in these tough economic times in a community that has been struggling for more than a decade athe last thing we need are the sour grape and nay sayers that have done nothing to provide jobs. Ashland Mall and Huntington Mall are nice too...just don't be a dick
new

United States

#4 Dec 27, 2011
Was just there yesterday, inflatable play space opening soon, a fitness center, and spa are new :)
Kandi

Argillite, KY

#5 Dec 27, 2011
Thank you for your comments. We weren't really sure what to think about it. We were told that at one time it was a nice place, but was really shocked when we walked in to the food court and nothing was there.
yea

Ashland, KY

#6 Dec 28, 2011
It used to be a really nice place. Stores started going out of business around the same time the Cannonsburg Walmart was opened.
Kandi

Huntington, WV

#7 Dec 28, 2011
I seen the spa and it looks nice!! Hope it does well!! Wonder where they are going to put the indoor inflatable play place??
Maybe it's just me but I would be terrified to open a store there, the lack of foot traffic would scare me to death, but I hope they all do well.
Howdy

Huntington, WV

#8 Dec 28, 2011
"Sears Holdings said Tuesday it will close between 100 and 120 Sears and Kmart stores. Closing locations have not yet been announced, but the company said it plans to move away from its practice of propping up “marginally performing” stores in hopes of improving their performance. Sears said it will now concentrate on cash-generating stores."

I hope they spare our local Sears!:(
Julia

Huntington, WV

#9 Dec 28, 2011
I hope they spare this Sears but I'm afraid it will close. I don't see how that store operates at a profit.

“Hell is coming to breakfast”

Since: Jul 11

Ashland

#10 Dec 28, 2011
Kandi wrote:
We just moved to the area and looking for places to take our family. What is the deal with this place? Is it closing or being renovated?
A branch of the Boyd County Public Library is there, too. If you like UK sports, you might go to RJ Kahuna's during a game. They have a lot of TV's. If you don't like UK sports, you'll need to move (just kidding).
Hmmm

Westlake, OH

#11 Dec 28, 2011
KYOVA Sears did 9.5 million in sales in 2010. They are in no danger of closing.
Happy

Argillite, KY

#12 Dec 28, 2011
That should make the mall owner, Johnny very happy if he gets 15% of their sales like he does every other store in the mall.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#13 Dec 28, 2011
duh
curious

Port Deposit, MD

#14 Dec 30, 2011
tired of negative jerks wrote:
way to welcome them to the city asswipe...KYOVA does have a great cinema, the big crowds at RJ's and Callihans is a clear sign that it doesnt suck and there are other shops and stores throughout. for a mall that is trying to hang on and grow in these tough economic times in a community that has been struggling for more than a decade athe last thing we need are the sour grape and nay sayers that have done nothing to provide jobs. Ashland Mall and Huntington Mall are nice too...just don't be a dick
Not being negative dumb ass, just being honest... I've lived here several years and the one thing I NEVER hear anyone say is "lets go to the KYOVA mall" and if you think telling someone to go to a mall that looks like a ghost town is a welcoming, then YOU are the dick... just sayin'
friend

Ironton, OH

#15 Jan 20, 2012
We have been taking the kids to the inflatables to play every weekend and some weekdays even hit the wellness place nice also. Seen they were having alot of indoor partys there with the inflatables and a great price also hope they stay.
Smartass

Greenup, KY

#16 Jan 20, 2012
tired of negative jerks wrote:
You mean don't be a dick like yourself?
Hillbilly

Fayetteville, NC

#17 Jan 21, 2012
Would rather go to flee market

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Ashland Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
Marry christmas!!! 1 hr One Direction For... 10
lindsey stewart:MISSING 1 hr One Direction For... 9
Kay Norman 3 hr driver 3
lucky at scope towers 3 hr Unlucky 10
kkk 4 hr Sport 2
Heather Kidd, what do you think?... (Jul '10) 4 hr welllllllllll 101
Planetary Alignment 4 hr Pluto 1
KDMC Closing Its Doors 16 hr Sick 14
Ashland Dating