How do i get my wife's name off the deed if she passed away?

Posted in the Arnold Forum

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Sep 30, 2013
frederichsbn438

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

I am sorry for your loss, but on a personal level I would wait a while before doing that as it can offer you some protection in some areas, you can research the ups and downs of removing her name.
No you do not need to get your wife's name off the deed to sell it. But you do need to record the short form death certificate in the county records along with a non-tax affidavit swearing that your wife owed no taxes to the state.. A lawyer can help you do this or perhaps they can give you an affidavit form at the country records office. The recorded death certificate is sufficient to give you the power to sell the property
roryymx829

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

frederichsbn438 wrote:
How do i get my wife's name off the deed if she passed away?
-
I am sorry for your loss, but on a personal level I would wait a while before doing that as it can offer you some protection in some areas, you can research the ups and downs of removing her name.
No you do not need to get your wife's name off the deed to sell it. But you do need to record the short form death certificate in the county records along with a non-tax affidavit swearing that your wife owed no taxes to the state.. A lawyer can help you do this or perhaps they can give you an affidavit form at the country records office. The recorded death certificate is sufficient to give you the power to sell the property.
You can find the best solutions for you at:@WWW.CREDIT-SOLUTIONS.INFO

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Arnold Discussions

Search the Arnold Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Homeview Contractors (Mar '11) Mon kreizler 24
Naval Academy welcomes new superintendent Mon ZIONIST MEDIA ELITES 4
Brilly Mens Room Jul 24 Operation Greylord 2
A love-at-first-sight skeptic: Who's she gonna ... (Feb '08) Jul 8 Cupid advise 2
The Artist Name of Brilly Jun 30 Really Really 1
MD Who do you support for Governor in Maryland in ... (Oct '10) Apr '14 fyi 185
A starter motorbike for a 17 year old, needs to... (Oct '13) Feb '14 Rekha 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Arnold Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••