How do i get my wife's name off the deed if she passed away?

Posted in the Arnold Forum

frederichsbn438

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Sep 30, 2013
I am sorry for your loss, but on a personal level I would wait a while before doing that as it can offer you some protection in some areas, you can research the ups and downs of removing her name.
No you do not need to get your wife's name off the deed to sell it. But you do need to record the short form death certificate in the county records along with a non-tax affidavit swearing that your wife owed no taxes to the state.. A lawyer can help you do this or perhaps they can give you an affidavit form at the country records office. The recorded death certificate is sufficient to give you the power to sell the property
roryymx829

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Sep 30, 2013
frederichsbn438 wrote:
How do i get my wife's name off the deed if she passed away?
-
I am sorry for your loss, but on a personal level I would wait a while before doing that as it can offer you some protection in some areas, you can research the ups and downs of removing her name.
No you do not need to get your wife's name off the deed to sell it. But you do need to record the short form death certificate in the county records along with a non-tax affidavit swearing that your wife owed no taxes to the state.. A lawyer can help you do this or perhaps they can give you an affidavit form at the country records office. The recorded death certificate is sufficient to give you the power to sell the property.
You can find the best solutions for you at:@WWW.CREDIT-SOLUTIONS.INFO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arnold Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Maryland aprueba restricciones para inmigrantes... (Apr '09) 11 hr L Morales 123
Legit pain n anxiety meds n bath salts Sat Local crowns ville 1
Who wants to snapchat Dec 14 Davy boy 1
Review: Serenity Acres Treatment Center LLC (Mar '14) Dec 12 Anonymous 8
Student charged after teacher eats pot brownie Dec 10 Parden Pard 6
Review: Glen Burnie Carpet Cleaners Nov 26 Jerrycopper 1
Calling on Fox News to Fire Geraldo Rivera (Jul '11) Nov 24 sheepleloveroyalty 38
Arnold Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Arnold People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Arnold News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Arnold

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:42 pm PST

Bleacher Report 7:42PM
Is Honeymoon Over for Chip, Philly?
Yahoo! Sports 1:30 AM
ICYMI: Ravens, Saints stumble; 3 titles to decide
NBC Sports 3:25 AM
Steve Smith expects criticism of Ravens offense, won't pay attention to it
NFL 5:46 AM
Steve Smith expects criticism from couch QBs
NFL 7:36 AM
Does Jay Gruden really judge QBs by wins and losses?