Marzilli wins 4th District Senate seat

Full story: Lowell Sun
State Rep. Jim Marzilli is now the next senator from the 4th Middlesex District. Full Story
Concarned Voter

Lowell, MA

#1 Dec 12, 2007
What is wrong with the voters in the 4th Middlesex. When so few turn out to vote. They should hang there heads in shame.
Grig_456

AOL

#2 Nov 25, 2008
I strongly feel that increasing tolls on the turnpike and tunnels places a heavy burden on those limited number of drivers. Those working people are being asked to cover the huge debt while they struggle to support their families. It is the equivalent of a salary cut, taking away funds that could provide food. Rather than targeting that smaller population, spreading the cost across the whole population of drivers in the form of a gasolene tax would be more fair. In addition, there should be a stipulation that the taxes absolutely are discontinued within a very specified time. I argue this to try to be fair to that one group who uses the Turnpike and tunnls. I am not in that group.
Grig_456

AOL

#3 Nov 25, 2008
I strongly feel that increasing tolls on the turnpike and tunels places a heavy burden on those limited number of drivers. Those working people are being asked to cover the huge debt while they struggle to support their families. It is the equivalent of a salary cut, taking away funds that could provide food for families. Rather than targeting that smaller popultion, spreading the cost across the whole population of drivers in the form of a gasolene tax would be more fair. In addition, there should be a stipulation that the taxes absolutely are discontined within a very specific time. I argue this to try to be fair to that one group who uses the turnpike and tunels. I am not in that group.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arlington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
high dose vitamin c cured polio and most viral ... 8 hr WJAbbe 1
Saint Joseph High School Reunion? (Jan '06) 18 hr Leah Sukupchak Fa... 7
national grid Dec 19 VERY DISGUSTED 1
Holiday Tips Dec 19 Maldencanrot 3
'De-escalation' now part of Ferguson police tra... Dec 18 EverettCitizen 5
Blacks Need Jobs not Open Borders Dec 15 tired on Patronage 4
Lesson learned: Police can better calm situations Dec 15 reality is a crutch 1

Arlington News Video

Arlington Dating
Find my Match