Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments
29,381 - 29,400 of 48,989 Comments Last updated 7 hrs ago

Since: Jan 12

New york

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2012

Hey

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2012

Hot Dog wrote:
<quoted text>
I am curious, what does an average three bedroom home cost in your area? It seems the standard of living is much higher. A average home in Southern Illinois will cost between 35,000 to 70,000. The better ranch style homes go from 70-125,000 The real nice homes that are newly built goes up to around 200,000, some a little more. There are a few in the area under 500,000. A smaller home with two bedrooms can cost you from 10,000 -30,000 . Our housing market is running low right now, it actually has been for awhile. The teachers do earn their money, I couldn't do it.LOL I know I couldn't put up with the parents.LOL I know when a teacher first starts out they don't make very much, but they get raises. There was an article on Topics for Southern Illinois teachers and what their salaries were, it even gave the name of the teachers from their district, and what they made. It varied from 30,000 to 75,000. The superintendents were making over 100,000 yearly.
i really don't know what new houses cost here where i live. the prices vary wildly. most people, however, aren't interested much in building one family houses anymore, but prefer to buy apartments in highrise bldgs.
i moved out of the u.s. more than 15 years ago when i accepted, and was accepted by the church where i now serve. my brother, however, still lives in rochester and was telling me that houses in the suburbs are now well over a million dollars, and as high as 5 million. of course he may be blowing sunshine up my skirt, though. he does that. i have no idea what the housing market is doing in the outlying areas. i'm sure that it can be found out over the internet.

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2012

dances with weebles wrote:
<quoted text>
i really don't know what new houses cost here where i live. the prices vary wildly. most people, however, aren't interested much in building one family houses anymore, but prefer to buy apartments in highrise bldgs.
i moved out of the u.s. more than 15 years ago when i accepted, and was accepted by the church where i now serve. my brother, however, still lives in rochester and was telling me that houses in the suburbs are now well over a million dollars, and as high as 5 million. of course he may be blowing sunshine up my skirt, though. he does that. i have no idea what the housing market is doing in the outlying areas. i'm sure that it can be found out over the internet.
He he. You're brother's exaggerating a tad. You can get a pretty decent house in the burbs in the low 100's. I occasionally watch the showcase of homes on Sundays. Anything approaching a million would be huge with sizable acreage.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2012

Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
He he. You're brother's exaggerating a tad. You can get a pretty decent house in the burbs in the low 100's. I occasionally watch the showcase of homes on Sundays. Anything approaching a million would be huge with sizable acreage.
i think that he was referring to brighton, pittsford, and now webster. what about those areas? as far as i'm concerned victor, farmington and canandaigua aren't suburbs of rochester.
Hot Dog

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2012

Judged:

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweet Jesus, no wonder you think teachers are rich. The average 3 bedroom home where I live goes for $560,000
I am glad I have a new 2000 square foot home, that is nice for a fraction of that price.LOL I think I will stay here where it is cheaper to live.LOL For $560,000 you could own almost a mansion with an inground pool. WOW! You would be considered living a rich lifestyle, there is not many homes for sale with that price in our area.LOL We sold a nice (average) brick, three bedroom home with garage it had really nice kitchen for 49,000, it was about 1300ft. I didn't like it because it was on a 60x150 ft lot. Too close to neighbors.LOL Do you live in a big city?
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2012

Hot Dog wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad I have a new 2000 square foot home, that is nice for a fraction of that price.LOL I think I will stay here where it is cheaper to live.LOL For $560,000 you could own almost a mansion with an inground pool. WOW! You would be considered living a rich lifestyle, there is not many homes for sale with that price in our area.LOL We sold a nice (average) brick, three bedroom home with garage it had really nice kitchen for 49,000, it was about 1300ft. I didn't like it because it was on a 60x150 ft lot. Too close to neighbors.LOL Do you live in a big city?
Right across the Hudson River from midtown Manhattan.
Hot Dog

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2012

Judged:

Oh, yea, you live in a big city!LOL Well, now we know why we all have different views.LOL

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2012

<quoted text>
i think that he was referring to brighton, pittsford, and now webster. what about those areas? as far as i'm concerned victor, farmington and canandaigua aren't suburbs of rochester.
All still reasonable, depending on the neighborhood. I don't consider Farmington and Canandaigua suburbs of Rochester, either. But the home prices in the more rural areas are going for dirt cheap, as well as in the city. There are some beautiful, historical homes in the city, and I'd love to own one, but they're usually surrounded by run-down neighborhoods.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2012

Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
All still reasonable, depending on the neighborhood. I don't consider Farmington and Canandaigua suburbs of Rochester, either. But the home prices in the more rural areas are going for dirt cheap, as well as in the city. There are some beautiful, historical homes in the city, and I'd love to own one, but they're usually surrounded by run-down neighborhoods.
i doubt that you've ever really seen a 'run down neighborhood'.*lol* come and look at the favelas.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2012

Hot Dog wrote:
Oh, yea, you live in a big city!LOL Well, now we know why we all have different views.LOL
the metrocity we now live in is a good bit larger.*grin*

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2012

Hot Dog wrote:
use google maps to find são caetano do sul, brazil and then zoom in on it. that's the suburb we now live in.
Hot Dog

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
use google maps to find são caetano do sul, brazil and then zoom in on it. that's the suburb we now live in.
Wow, I checked on property that was for sale.LOL I think I will stay right here. I would work my entire life away, trying to get something that I already have.LOL I don't think I will complain again, about how much things cost. LOL The weather would be nice, tropical weather would be a plus. I will stay here where I can live comfortable on one job. LOL
Hot Dog

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2012

Judged:

Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
My family owned an old Historical Mansion, 6000 square ft located on the Ohio River in Southern Illinois. They bought it just so they could decorate it for fun. It was beautiful, they were only able to get 60,000 out of it. It was a charming little river town, with lots of history. A beautiful old victorian mansion, was a dream for them to redecorate. It was an amazing place, but the stairs got to them being seniors.
Joker

Robinson, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2012

Judged:

A young army private is home on leave. He is talking to his dad about his experience at jump school while learning to be a paratrooper.

"Dad" he says, "on my first jump, I froze up at the door on the plane. A big black Sergent standing behind me told me that if I didn't jump, he was gonna cram about 12 inches of dick up my @ss."

"Well did you jump?" asks his dad.

"Just a little at first" answered the boy.
Hot Dog

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
the metrocity we now live in is a good bit larger.*grin*
I looked it up. Living in the tropical areas, would be nice, instead of the cold. I bet you have seen and done a lot of interesting things there.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2012

Judged:

Just a big city wannabe
Hot Dog wrote:
Hot Dog

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2012

Judged:

Honest AbeL wrote:
Just a big city wannabe
<quoted text>
No, I like the country. What is your deal? Are you jealous they have been talking to me, and not you?LOL Don't worry, you will have your time to play, when they get back.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2012

Judged:

I wasn't talking about you. The rest of your post is equally as poorly done
Hot Dog wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I like the country. What is your deal? Are you jealous they have been talking to me, and not you?LOL Don't worry, you will have your time to play, when they get back.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2012

Hot Dog wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, I checked on property that was for sale.LOL I think I will stay right here. I would work my entire life away, trying to get something that I already have.LOL I don't think I will complain again, about how much things cost. LOL The weather would be nice, tropical weather would be a plus. I will stay here where I can live comfortable on one job. LOL
the nice4 thing is that if you come here, the value of your u.s. money doubles.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2012

Hot Dog wrote:
<quoted text>
i much prefer the country, also. i grew up, partly in the mountains, and then in the flat lands of upstate n.y.

and he's jealous because nobody wants to talk to him at all. at one time he was alright to discuss things with, and was willing to learn something new, but then, i guess, he decided that those who were doing nothing but being nasty to everyone were having more fun... now he sits all alone in a corner playing with his belly button.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Antioch Discussions

Search the Antioch Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 5 hr raphael 3,841
home choice stores (Aug '09) 7 hr Adam Scurry 17
Antioch Police and Retail Ban Notices 8 hr Wal Mart Band Notice 37
IH Rent - Invitation Homes Complaints 8 hr duh 73
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) Jul 27 newpoly 1,864
Rebel flags flying from pick-up trucks (Aug '10) Jul 27 Res 116
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) Jul 27 Chicagobunny 526
•••
•••
•••
•••

Antioch Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Antioch People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••