Antioch Teen dies in Crash

Posted in the Antioch Forum

Sadmom

United States

#1 Jan 18, 2012

Since: Oct 11

Antioch, IL

#2 Jan 18, 2012
This is so sad. That poor child. Sincere sympathy to the family.
jus a citizen

Boca Raton, FL

#3 Jan 18, 2012
RIP Lizzie. You will be missed
2bit

Lombard, IL

#4 Jan 19, 2012
Always a semi truck involved, put them in the right lane and keep them there. RIP child.

Since: Oct 11

Antioch, IL

#5 Jan 20, 2012
2bit wrote:
Always a semi truck involved, put them in the right lane and keep them there. RIP child.
While it may not be the case in this particular accident, consider that many people who drive the tollway on a regular basis know that the drivers of cars are NOT always careful and considerate of the truckers. Yes, there are irresponsible truck drivers, but there are more irresponsible car drivers, IMHO. I can't even tell you how many times I've watched someone in a car or SUV cut off a truck. They just can't stop quickly. If everyone would drive carefully and respectfully there would be a lot less accidents. And, stay off their cell phones.
Mystery Man

Fox Lake, IL

#7 Jan 20, 2012
News Reader 2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
While it may not be the case in this particular accident, consider that many people who drive the tollway on a regular basis know that the drivers of cars are NOT always careful and considerate of the truckers. Yes, there are irresponsible truck drivers, but there are more irresponsible car drivers, IMHO. I can't even tell you how many times I've watched someone in a car or SUV cut off a truck. They just can't stop quickly. If everyone would drive carefully and respectfully there would be a lot less accidents. And, stay off their cell phones.
i agree with you on this one.
I've seen more bad drivers yacking away on a cell phone then i have bad truckers.
In fact most truckers are the best drivers out there.
Being able to stop a fully loaded truck is not easy especially in winter.
I always give them as much space as i can when they want to change lanes or when they are turning left in front of me.
And they always wave and appreciate others unlike the rude cell phone drivers.
If you ever need directions ( not everyone has gps ) at a gas station ask a trucker and you'll get accurate helpful directions.
What

United States

#8 Jan 20, 2012
Yes there are some bad and inattentive drivers out there. But when an idiot in a semi is inattentive or speeding, everyone on the highway is at risk. Laws against cellular use in semi should be enacted and enforced.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antioch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Antioch, fire district will again seek ambulanc... 22 hr Res 21
find out if you have a warrant from lake county 23 hr need to know 1
police Sun imrereurrere 1
IH Rent - Invitation Homes Complaints (Feb '14) Sat STUCK PARENT 84
Have you gotten a red light camera ticket in La... (Feb '13) Dec 19 mermaid 129
warehouse sale Dec 19 News Reader 2011 5
Historic building destroyed Dec 19 News Reader 2011 1
Antioch Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web