Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: CBS2 51,306

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Full Story
Leader of the Pack

Round Lake, IL

#32924 May 16, 2012
I have not posted on this thread in quite a while. I do still read from time to time and have to sit on my hands to not post in reply. Since I have been on this thread my feelings changed tremendously. I was already in favor of Civil Unions - Now I am in favor of Gay Marriage all the way and will stand along side them and fight for their right to marriage equality. After seeing the way the gay community is treated, my heart breaks - no one should be bullied, called names, beaten, and lied about, etc. due to someone elses fear of them being different.

My family has had many discussions and not once have we been able to come up with any way that gay marriage harms our marriage, the "sanctity of marriage" or heterosexuals rights. Marriage has nothing to do with religion, if it was all about religion we would not be required to get a license to marry. While it can include a religious ceremony or blessing - it is not a requirement and the church has always had the right to refuse to marry any couple.

I have seen time and time again people ask "why are you posting on a gay forum"...hmm this one comes up under my local community, I finally googled it and found it a few weeks ago. Frankly I was sickened by the fact that there the haters post - start threads, call them names etc. There are some truly demented people posting their hatred on the gay forum that call themselves Christians. They make up new screen names over and over and thank themselves in their posts - even start new threads thanking themselves LMAO, these are some really crazy, scary people.

Can't you just let the gay people have their own gay forum and leave them alone? I understand some posts cross over when of a political nature or certain region. But really do they need to start their own bashing threads in the gay forum? This irks me to no end and Topix needs to do something about it!

OK rant over and my apologies.

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#32925 May 16, 2012
Who Cares wrote:
Is this evolution in progress? Gays don't reproduce.(unless they cheat) Survival of the most fit! Those who have pushed the liberal gay agenda and evolution down our throats, have slit their own throat! ACLU!!(I happen to believe in evolution)
NONE of this bull should be legislated at all! This is just controlled opposition by the PTB! Let them live the way they choose, HOWEVER, keep their filthy agenda OUT of the schools and keep them away from the children. I don't hate gays at all, but I know that 1st and foremost is is about SEX and sex with as many as possible,(especially men) Admit it! And to justify their lifestyle they must have people accept them. Hence their psycho agenda is forced on the children through perverted sex education, and made up words like homophobe!
If you don't believe it is about sex with as many as possible, look at Obama and how many time he has visited bath houses in Chicago! Yes.. go look it up! Our gov is filled with sexual perverts!(those who have sex with many) Including IL Aaron Schock, my kid went to school with him and he is as gay as they get!
It's nice to know you don't hate gays. <rolls eyes>

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

#32926 May 16, 2012
dances with weebles wrote:
<quoted text>
once again... topix is a news feed. televsion, radio and print media use topix to gather public opinions from these message boards. this is not a chat format, and certainly not a debate... it's also not a 'blog'(weblog) topix is also used by all law enforcement agencies from local to international to gather information on people and crimes, including those which still haven't been committed. local, state and federal law makers canvass topix and other like news feeds to gather public opinion on laws and regulations.
and yes, botrh teens and adults come onto topix to gather information and even support for the things which effect their lives. a good example is the gay topic. how many young gay and lesbian people enter here to search out information and support on the issue of homosexuality in hopes that they will feel just a little bit less like the only martian on the block?
I'll consider your points.
Sabueso

Vista, CA

#32927 May 16, 2012
Marriage is sacred between a man and a woman. Or at least 50% are - the other half end up in divorce oourt. Real sacred.

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

#32929 May 16, 2012
noname wrote:
<quoted text>
All you have proven is your a gay dumbass lover liberal
http://www.netrover.com/~kingskid/Punctuation...
Leader of the Pack

Round Lake, IL

#32930 May 16, 2012
noname wrote:
<quoted text>
All you have proven is your a gay dumbass lover liberal
I was not out to prove anything...but I guess I have: You are an evil, hate filled, bigot - see how that works?
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#32931 May 16, 2012
<quoted text>
jesus never once said that you are no longer under allthe laws of the old testament. what he said was that 'not one iot or tiddle of the law would ever be changed'. that means that all jews are still under the law... and the jews are the only people who jesus ever came to talk to... not goyem.
<quoted text>
if you are a goy you were never under the law. if you choose to follow hebrew teachings, however, you are under the 7 noachide laws.
<quoted text>
the author of the letters to the church of rome as a well known homosexual. the letters, in fact, were never written to the church at large, but to his catamite, timothy and were discussing the worship of the old roman gods which had begun to slip into the 'christian church' in rome.
<quoted text>
satan doesn't exist... never had, never will
<quoted text>
that teaching isn't in the bible. it's from Gandhi.
<quoted text>
it's impossible for 'satanists' to hate christians simply because 'satan' worship is a spinoff of the christian church. without one you can't have the other.
<quoted text>
in this jesus was instructing the apostles and their chosen fellows who he was sending out to carry his words to the 12 scattered tribes of israel only. he wasn't talking about sin, and he wasn't talking about goyem. what he was trying to say was that if any of the villages of israel didn't accept the apostles, or his teachings, then they should leave the town without giving the people his benediction. it's very clear in the gospel.
btw... later in the same teaching he instructed them to hurry because the time of his return for them was at hand; indicating that his 'coming again' would be within their natural lifetimes.
I gotta say you theologists stated their opinions and you are up on them that is a good thing you know history. I will tell you that the scholars, theologists, professors whatever you got did not have the Holy Spirit living in them. Unless you have the Holy Spirit living in you the Bible will give you "milk" not food. It was made that way so that God's true word would stand. I don't expect you or anyone else to understand this if you do not believe. Jesus spoke in parables for a reason. Now your last statement of their natural lifetimes that is not what it said. He did say Behold for I will come as a thief in the night and to look for His return. He said many times that it would be soo, and if he did not come today , look for Him tomorrow. He gave us signs of this to come, which many have already happened .He did say time was at hand he was telling everyone to live right because as it says every hair on our head is numbered. Which means God knows our time to die, and to be ready at any given time.Paul the Apostle wrote ROmans he was not gay, maybe someone who tried to rewrite his writing was. Paul was not I have studied his life, it is in the Bible
, he spoke against it. He was very strict and said he fought with his flesh daily as we all do to stay and do what is right. Satan visited Jesus in the desert, offering him everything. He came to him in the Garden of Gesemini (not sure on the spelling)they talked. Did you know that in the book of Job God had a discussion with Lucifer,(Satan, the devil ect) It is all in the Bible.There have been so many books, scientists that don't believe that try to destroy the Bible. I am glad you shared with me it has been interesting. I enjoy knowning how others believe.
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#32933 May 16, 2012
He Jon Jon, The worksheet is all about cats. You'll love it.
Religionthebiglie wrote:
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#32934 May 16, 2012
Don't talk like that. It offends me.
noname wrote:
<quoted text>
Wish I knew who you are I'd kick you homo loving ass so there

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#32935 May 16, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, that's why this topic should be cleaned up. The adults should be making an example of good behavior. We all should be able to have a discussion without belittling the other person. There are too many people on both sides of the fence using profanity, explaining sexual acts, ect. These are things that need to be monitored stronger. The adults who do this, clearly have no pride in themselves, or have just let themselves go and not care. Too many people think of themselves and not others. To tell you the truth, if I saw this topic and was worried about my life seeking for answers...I don't think I would want a life, with turmoil and fighting with everyone always angry lashing out at others to survive. Life should be living in peace and happiness, not continuous turmoil. Reread these threads, it is not a good example for anyone.....yet no one will even care . Maybe someone will , we have to have hope.
actually, if any of us had a lick of sense we'd express our opinions and then just leave. that's really what it's for... not for holding discussions.

i can see your point about the hatred, however. this is the reason that i, and others, attempt to use the forums for teaching, for honest to goodness facts, and for letting the many lurkers (those who never post) that there is really nothing wrong with being gay or lesbian, that it's not a sin, that they are not going to some imaginary hell for being gay, and that there's absolutely nothing in the bible which says that it's wrong to be gay or lesbian, and that those who say that there is are either lying, or have grossly misinterpreted what the bible says.
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#32936 May 16, 2012
Leader of the Pack wrote:
I have not posted on this thread in quite a while. I do still read from time to time and have to sit on my hands to not post in reply. Since I have been on this thread my feelings changed tremendously. I was already in favor of Civil Unions - Now I am in favor of Gay Marriage all the way and will stand along side them and fight for their right to marriage equality. After seeing the way the gay community is treated, my heart breaks - no one should be bullied, called names, beaten, and lied about, etc. due to someone elses fear of them being different.
My family has had many discussions and not once have we been able to come up with any way that gay marriage harms our marriage, the "sanctity of marriage" or heterosexuals rights. Marriage has nothing to do with religion, if it was all about religion we would not be required to get a license to marry. While it can include a religious ceremony or blessing - it is not a requirement and the church has always had the right to refuse to marry any couple.
I have seen time and time again people ask "why are you posting on a gay forum"...hmm this one comes up under my local community, I finally googled it and found it a few weeks ago. Frankly I was sickened by the fact that there the haters post - start threads, call them names etc. There are some truly demented people posting their hatred on the gay forum that call themselves Christians. They make up new screen names over and over and thank themselves in their posts - even start new threads thanking themselves LMAO, these are some really crazy, scary people.
Can't you just let the gay people have their own gay forum and leave them alone? I understand some posts cross over when of a political nature or certain region. But really do they need to start their own bashing threads in the gay forum? This irks me to no end and Topix needs to do something about it!
OK rant over and my apologies.
I understand where you are coming from, I have followed you for a long time on here too. But you have to understand this is not a gay forum, This is under on my internet site, "Ill. Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions" How does that exclude straight people? I mean no disrespect to you, but shouldn't it say The Gay Community Forums or Information, just for them? I don't agree with the lifestyle and I am a Christian, but I don't cuss anyone or belittle them for being different. In my studies of the Bible they are no different than someone who has an affair, forenication , to me it is just another sexual sin. No more, no less. How many people on the street are doing that...LOL too many, but that is between them and God. Like I said before, I like to get on here to find out the latest information, when I miss the news or whatever. I find it repulsive to read the things just to get the information. It comes from both side of the fence. Bottom line is we are all adults and time to act like it. I started yesterday to get this off my chest, some people of all walks of life, are just selfish and rude. I try not to waste too much time on them.LOL
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#32938 May 16, 2012
Anything Else?
nonamw wrote:
<quoted text>
Wwwwwwaaaaaa sissy pants lots of crap you put on offends me you try to teach our kids your homo crap trying to change them peta child molesters or MAMBA. Man boy love crap
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#32939 May 16, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
I gotta say you theologists stated their opinions and you are up on them that is a good thing you know history. I will tell you that the scholars, theologists, professors whatever you got did not have the Holy Spirit living in them. Unless you have the Holy Spirit living in you the Bible will give you "milk" not food. It was made that way so that God's true word would stand. I don't expect you or anyone else to understand this if you do not believe. Jesus spoke in parables for a reason. Now your last statement of their natural lifetimes that is not what it said. He did say Behold for I will come as a thief in the night and to look for His return. He said many times that it would be soo, and if he did not come today , look for Him tomorrow. He gave us signs of this to come, which many have already happened .He did say time was at hand he was telling everyone to live right because as it says every hair on our head is numbered. Which means God knows our time to die, and to be ready at any given time.Paul the Apostle wrote ROmans he was not gay, maybe someone who tried to rewrite his writing was. Paul was not I have studied his life, it is in the Bible
, he spoke against it. He was very strict and said he fought with his flesh daily as we all do to stay and do what is right. Satan visited Jesus in the desert, offering him everything. He came to him in the Garden of Gesemini (not sure on the spelling)they talked. Did you know that in the book of Job God had a discussion with Lucifer,(Satan, the devil ect) It is all in the Bible.There have been so many books, scientists that don't believe that try to destroy the Bible. I am glad you shared with me it has been interesting. I enjoy knowning how others believe.
And you think the fairy tales in the Buybull are true, eh?

Location hidden

#32941 May 16, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
um... then what you have studied of saul of tarsus was amiss. history tells us that he really was as queer as a three legged duck. not only that, but if you read 'luke's' acounts of saul you'll find that he was not only gay, but a fraud, a murderer, and a heretic. his visions on the road to damascus were attributed by history and the writings of 'luke' to an epileptic seizure, and not to any divine vision. don't let yourself be deceived by church doctrinal teachings. churches lie to their own profit.

it also sounds to me as though you have been taught by your religious sect that you can judge who god has blessed, and who the holy spirit has taught. that sounds awfully arrogant and egotistical to me... it also sounds as though you are putting yourself forth as god's equal... are you?

i, too, enjoy listening to the beliefs of others, but once i've heard them for about the 10,000th time and each sect always says the same thing, please forgive me for asking you to stop it. if you wish to discuss theology, or christianity and the life of jesus the nazorean with me i'll be more than happy. please, however, refrain from going all southern baptist/bible baptist on me. not only that, but please allow me to ask you the favor of actually studying the teachings of jesus, rather than saul... and searching out other sources of your information on the life and teachings of jesus other than using only one copy of the bible. also, please share your own thoughts with me, rather than what you have been taught by others, if you would.

jesus taught us that to enter into communion with god we must become as children. by this he didn't mean that we should be childish, but childlike. we must completely unlearn everything that we have been taught by the church and by our parents or what we think that we understand from the bible. we must also forget everything which we ever thought that we know and learn anew through the teachings of the spirit of god... not of the church.

Location hidden

#32942 May 16, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
btw... i'd like to say that if you were to register with topix we'd be able to carry on these discussions in private through their personal messing system system.
Staggers with Drunks

Saint Louis, MO

#32943 May 16, 2012
OKEY DOKEY PREACHER.
<quoted text>
um... then what you have studied of saul of tarsus was amiss. history tells us that he really was as queer as a three legged duck. not only that, but if you read 'luke's' acounts of saul you'll find that he was not only gay, but a fraud, a murderer, and a heretic. his visions on the road to damascus were attributed by history and the writings of 'luke' to an epileptic seizure, and not to any divine vision. don't let yourself be deceived by church doctrinal teachings. churches lie to their own profit.
it also sounds to me as though you have been taught by your religious sect that you can judge who god has blessed, and who the holy spirit has taught. that sounds awfully arrogant and egotistical to me... it also sounds as though you are putting yourself forth as god's equal... are you?
i, too, enjoy listening to the beliefs of others, but once i've heard them for about the 10,000th time and each sect always says the same thing, please forgive me for asking you to stop it. if you wish to discuss theology, or christianity and the life of jesus the nazorean with me i'll be more than happy. please, however, refrain from going all southern baptist/bible baptist on me. not only that, but please allow me to ask you the favor of actually studying the teachings of jesus, rather than saul... and searching out other sources of your information on the life and teachings of jesus other than using only one copy of the bible. also, please share your own thoughts with me, rather than what you have been taught by others, if you would.
jesus taught us that to enter into communion with god we must become as children. by this he didn't mean that we should be childish, but childlike. we must completely unlearn everything that we have been taught by the church and by our parents or what we think that we understand from the bible. we must also forget everything which we ever thought that we know and learn anew through the teachings of the spirit of god... not of the church.
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#32944 May 16, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
And you think the fairy tales in the Buybull are true, eh?
My beliefs are my beliefs, I have not belittled you because you don't believe. I have not insulted you because you don't believe.Are you so insecure that you have to belittle me?
Leader of the Pack

Round Lake, IL

#32945 May 16, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
But you have to understand this is not a gay forum, This is under on my internet site, "Ill. Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions" How does that exclude straight people? I mean no disrespect to you, but shouldn't it say The Gay Community Forums or Information, just for them?
That is why I said I understand some Threads cross over to other forums in other places, it comes up in my local topix forum...but there is no reason for the haters to purposely go into the Gay Forum and trash them there with new threads (started in the gay forum). They are actually trashing a thread that was posted in tribute to a long time poster there that passed away - it is sick and disgusting. It is much like some one who hates dogs purposely going onto a dog forum to troll and cause trouble. These people have no right to call themselves or even consider themselves Christians!

Location hidden

#32947 May 16, 2012
that should say 'messaging' system... not messing. my fingers are cold today so it's hard to type. i'm afraid that winter is fast arriving. *sigh*
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#32948 May 16, 2012
Let it all out. Keep going.
noname wrote:
<quoted text>
You all are so sick but let the muslims in and you'll have bibber worries I have said to much I really don't care keep pushing your gay crap you'll find your place in hell bye bye

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shasa Brown aquited 3 hr she was aqquitted 209
young girl lying about her age (May '14) 11 hr southern girl n I... 29
Dear Santa Sat tabbie 5
cindy cain legal prostitute Sat luse 3
Kris noble Sat u know me 7
EggNog Shortage just Wrong Sat Give me Nog 1
Casey Lovell (Jan '11) Sat Billie 20
Anna Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web