Since: Aug 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

I am a african american female that live close to angola in I am married to a white man we shop in angola in I find it a very un pleasant I have applied for jobs there had interviews no luck I know there's african americans living in this town but very few work there I guess that explains it anyway I love my husband but wish we could do our business some where else I'm so sick of the funny looks, stares, just all around rude.
beautifullybroke n1

Seymour, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

I think you're over exaggerating. Of course there is racism anywhere, but coming from my personal experiences, there has been none. I am a white female, with 2 biracial children, and a black boyfriend. We have never ever experience any racism. I believe you may be over looking the 'funny looks, stares, etc' and failing to realize that people do that EVERYWHERE. I get looks like that from white girls all the time, and I'm white. That's just how people are, and unfortunately some cannot control their curious eyeballs. Don't take it personally. I doubt it's bc you're black. :)
YOUARESORIGHT

Fort Wayne, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

My family is from here but I never grew up here just visited then due to unfortunate circumstances I moved back here so quickly forgetting the small world view thinking of the people. I a white girl brought back a black boy when I was so very young and had to ask my parents why people were staring and whispering about us. After moving back here I was at a local bar with a gay friend and and "her crowd" (as the locals call them) and had to ask my friend why this very drunk amazon looking middle age man kept staring long hard and mean at us. She said I will be right back and returned a few minutes later. I asked what up again and she told me it was because they were gay. This was the late 90's and they still were not use to gay people and what was even worse was there was no way anyone could even tell any of these women were gay because there was never any open sign displayed- they still was forced to be in the closet or face discrimination or even worse here violence. SAD SAD SAD. My advice to you is to go to a neighboring town that is not so little in their thinking to get a job. I am over 50 and have not seen much progessive over the years in their thinking and unfortunately do not show any signs of changing soon. Sorry that you have to deal with this in the 21st century but these people have nothing to do but then to talk about people and judge them with their primitive backwards standards.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Angola Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Needing info on a sexual assault (Jan '14) Aug 12 boogieman 2
murder in fremont Aug 12 boogieman 2
Hog farm near Crooked lake. Please stop it!!! (Sep '13) Jul '14 Dave Flemming 15
IN Who do you support for Treasurer in Indiana in ... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Lord Hater 92
IN IN Property Tax Cap Amendment, Public Question 1 (Oct '10) Jun '14 Go Blue Forever 1,302
Stuckey Advises Clerk On Same Sex Marriage Ruling Jun '14 Concerned citizen 1
Steuben nabs Michigan sex offender (Aug '12) Jun '14 concern person 20

Search the Angola Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Angola Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Angola People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE