Why are Correctional Officers underpaid!

Posted in the Angier Forum

Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated Jun 17, 2013
Poor Man

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2012

State Highway Patrol gets lots of praise, teachers get new raise, State Correctional Officers keep bad folks from escaping!
None of the two at the top have the gutts to enter a Prison.... Correctional Officers work hard too, all three should be same pay or should I say take care of Corrections too!!
Isrraelitegirl

Durham, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2012

I agree and you put your lives at risk on top of it!
The Canary

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2012

Most correctional officers have little or no education. Why else would anyone take that job?
God

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

It is a job that taes ballsnd Edjucation refererd. State Troopers aren't required to have any Ed.
Busboy

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

The Canary wrote:
Most correctional officers have little or no education. Why else would anyone take that job?
Because it is a good retirement, State Troopers are not required to have a Degree either. Correctional Officers pack guns on the outside and Transports, they can even detain you if you are commiting a crime.
underpaid

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

Because they hang out with criminals
shut up beavis

Louisburg, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2012

Because correctional officers have the added job benefit of getting it up the butt by Leroy.
TruthSayer

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2012

Judged:

"Why are Correctional Officers underpaid!"

Because the Righteous Neo Nazi Corporate State of NC does not believe negs should be paid much for watching other negs.

Since: Jul 12

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

How much are these CO's being paid? This thread doesn't give me much information and forces me to look online to do comparisons between the salaries of CO's, teachers, and NC Troopers. Weak thread in my opinion.
lex

Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

The Canary wrote:
you are an idiot...plain and simple
Filthy Phil

Wake Forest, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Lack of specialization. It's a job that requires no specific skill set -- lots of jobs are like that, obviously. I'd argue corrections staff are paid appropriately -- if not, quit. Long Johns, in Federalsburg, is hiring. Hushpuppies, daddy.
Larry Hageman

Wake Forest, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

how much should someone get paid to be beat up everyday? that's the answer.
opinion

Ballwin, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

"Lack of specialization. It's a job that requires no specific skill set -- lots of jobs are like that, obviously. I'd argue corrections staff are paid appropriately"

^ If you think that being a correctional officer requires no skill set, you sir are damaged. Correctional Officers deal with some of the most damaged minds and dangerous individuals you would ever not want to meet. I worked as a county sheriff for years and went into corrections after retiring and I'm here to tell you it takes no skill set to be a "cop." I always held myself professionally but there are so many cops out their whos skill set requires sleeping in the cruiser and the only exercise they get in a day is walking into the gas station for some coffee and snack cakes. If you think it is so much more of an achievement to become a cop over a CO its not, that cop has more authority outside the prison walls yes, but really a cop just has to go to 5 more months of academy that a CO and police academy at my age I bet I can still do it half asleep and on my head so its not some great accomplishment. I will say I think many cops are overpayed and a lot that I worked with. As far as danger goes, all law enforcement are in a dangerous situation but I have to say the COs job is more dangerous. Taking 2500-3000 damaged and unstable minds of the most dangerous people around and putting them all in one place with a staff of 100-200 controlling all of them. To say that it takes no skillset for 1 person at any given time to control a yard full of inmates, Im sorry but you need to shut your mouth and just fill it with more donuts.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Angier Discussions

Search the Angier Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Cary-based Yes! Solar Solutions teams up with C... 9 hr Tolerance is a Vi... 1
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 9 hr State of Florida 57,968
Dumb southerners 11 hr Southerners are n... 13
Blue Cross To Offer Gay NC Couples Family Policies (Jan '14) 21 hr someone 13
Raleigh Artist's Exhibition To Open In New York... Mon Blueplate PR 1
Asheville satanism Aug 15 no name 1
Raleigh Web Design Agency Launches New Website ... Aug 14 Mikes 2
•••
•••
•••
Angier Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••