Curious

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2009

Did anybody see anything unusual in the sky last night about 7;40pm oct. 17?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2009

No. Nut job.
Visitor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2009

Curious -- I did. I was driving on I-40 coming West into Amarillo from Groom and my daughter and I saw a white glowing object in the sky. I stopped at a truck stop just after the object disappeared (it was heading southwest from me) and met another man who had also seen it (and he said another person saw it with him). What did you see?
Curious

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2009

Visitor wrote:
Curious -- I did. I was driving on I-40 coming West into Amarillo from Groom and my daughter and I saw a white glowing object in the sky. I stopped at a truck stop just after the object disappeared (it was heading southwest from me) and met another man who had also seen it (and he said another person saw it with him). What did you see?
My self and others were on the south side of Amarillo and I comented that that was a bright star it was dusk ,someone said it was probly a weather baloon. We looked at it for a couple of min and a smaller light desended from it, circled it a couple of times then it headed southwest and faded out of sight.Thats all we saw .

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2009

Lay off the dope.
Giovanny2012

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2009

The thing On Amarillo Tx oct 17, was a real
UFO , I recorded it !!' it did something awesome On camera!!!'

Since: Oct 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

To WetWired: Quit being a jerk. If you have nothing constructive to say, find something else to do.

I saw the light on Saturday. I've seen them many times before. Times previous they've been reported as high altitude weather balloons launched from New Mexico.
Curious

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Giovanny2012 wrote:
The thing On Amarillo Tx oct 17, was a real
UFO , I recorded it !!' it did something awesome On camera!!!'
Can you get it on utube? Also I have not seen a baloon do what this did and I checked past weather and baloons dont move against the wind. oct. 17 7to8PM south wind@12mph
Preist

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

I saw the light. Triangle shaped. Did you see the smaller light that dropped from under it about 5 minutes before if faded away?
Curious

Amarillo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2009

Preist wrote:
I saw the light. Triangle shaped. Did you see the smaller light that dropped from under it about 5 minutes before if faded away?
Yes it traversed left and right and then circled it acouple of times.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2009

Judged:

pleiades61 wrote:
To WetWired: Quit being a jerk. If you have nothing constructive to say, find something else to do.
Blow me. It's bad enough to have to admit that I'm from this sh!thole town, much less that I have to live around a bunch of f*cking nuts who think they saw a UFO saturday night. What's next? Are you going to tell me you thought about shooting at it with your rifle and running them off, but you were afraid of starting an interstellar war? You hillbillies need to get a little tigher grip on reality.
Curious

Amarillo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2009

WetWired wrote:
<quoted text>
Blow me. It's bad enough to have to admit that I'm from this sh!thole town, much less that I have to live around a bunch of f*cking nuts who think they saw a UFO saturday night. What's next? Are you going to tell me you thought about shooting at it with your rifle and running them off, but you were afraid of starting an interstellar war? You hillbillies need to get a little tigher grip on reality.
Ever thought about moving? Iwas a sniper and no havnt thought about shooting any thing yet.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2009

Judged:

Curious wrote:
<quoted text>Ever thought about moving?
Every day of my life, and it's morons like you who make me want to move. But surely you're not stupid enough to think it's just that easy. Or maybe you are.
Curious

Amarillo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2009

WetWired wrote:
<quoted text>
Every day of my life, and it's morons like you who make me want to move. But surely you're not stupid enough to think it's just that easy. Or maybe you are.
There is this thing called UHAUL if you want I could look up the number, its that easy!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2009

Curious wrote:
<quoted text>There is this thing called UHAUL if you want I could look up the number, its that easy!
Yep. I was right. This is why you're a moron. This is why I hate this city. It's FULL of people just like you. Did you ever stop to think about anything besides moving your sh!t from one place to another? How about a job? How about a place to live? How about getting to know the city and finding a neighborhood that's decent to live in? How about finding a way to get help if you're in a financial bind, like so many people who just load a Uhaul and go end up in? How about finding schools if you have kids? How about preparing for the fact that the job you may have found doesn't last? Do I need to keep going? It's not "just that easy", you f*cking tard. But

I'll tell you what, YOU provide all of that for me, and I'll gladly leave this sh!thole. Sound good? I won't hold my breath though. If and when I get all of these things in order, which begun some time ago, I fully intend on leaving Amarillo. I'd rather be homeless in NYC than live in this hillbilly-filled, god-loving, retard-attracting joke of a city.
Curious

Amarillo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2009

WetWired wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. I was right. This is why you're a moron. This is why I hate this city. It's FULL of people just like you. Did you ever stop to think about anything besides moving your sh!t from one place to another? How about a job? How about a place to live? How about getting to know the city and finding a neighborhood that's decent to live in? How about finding a way to get help if you're in a financial bind, like so many people who just load a Uhaul and go end up in? How about finding schools if you have kids? How about preparing for the fact that the job you may have found doesn't last? Do I need to keep going? It's not "just that easy", you f*cking tard. But
I'll tell you what, YOU provide all of that for me, and I'll gladly leave this sh!thole. Sound good? I won't hold my breath though. If and when I get all of these things in order, which begun some time ago, I fully intend on leaving Amarillo. I'd rather be homeless in NYC than live in this hillbilly-filled, god-loving, retard-attracting joke of a city.
Get a map cover up Texas throw a dart let me know where it lands and ill GIVE you gas money to get out of this awful place what a whinner! The differnce between you and a blue heeler pup is that it will eventuly grow up and quit whinning.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2009

The dart landed in Maine. My truck gets 2mpg. Hand it over.

Now, onto the more realistic subject, being your stupidity. Did I even mention cost of gas in my post? You didn't address ANY of the other things I said. No one is whining here, kiddo. I'm just telling it like it is. And you know it.
Cody

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2009

Curious wrote:
Did anybody see anything unusual in the sky last night about 7;40pm oct. 17?
I saw it! What was it do you know yet? Did it turn out to be a weather ballon? Now that Ive thought about it for a while, The smaller lights could have been Rope tethers with small lights on the ends.

When I saw it, I was driving through Amarillo on I40 heading west from Oklahoma to California. I watched it for about est 20 or more minutes. I was driveing the entire time. I thought to myself "If this thing is not weather ballon or something the town of Amarillo is doing then its a freaking ufo. It was south of I40 about 3 or 4 miles and at a height of about est 10,000 to 20,000 feet. Didnt seem as high as a jet flys, But not sure.. It was super white and 10 times bigger the any other star at first and stayed the same just until the last 1 or 2 min I saw it.Remember im driving so I cant watch it 100% of the time but I was the main object release a smaller dimmer object the about 30sec later the larger brighter object dim to the same as the smaller object. Soon after that I lost sight of them or they dimmed out. Bad ass though now Ill always remember Amarillo!! Something to think about if it was one of those high alltitude ballons they are made out of a clearish white plastic and at a great height would stay lit by the sun a long time after the ground gets dark. not sure about the smaller light though..
Curious

Amarillo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2009

Cody wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw it! What was it do you know yet? Did it turn out to be a weather ballon? Now that Ive thought about it for a while, The smaller lights could have been Rope tethers with small lights on the ends.
When I saw it, I was driving through Amarillo on I40 heading west from Oklahoma to California. I watched it for about est 20 or more minutes. I was driveing the entire time. I thought to myself "If this thing is not weather ballon or something the town of Amarillo is doing then its a freaking ufo. It was south of I40 about 3 or 4 miles and at a height of about est 10,000 to 20,000 feet. Didnt seem as high as a jet flys, But not sure.. It was super white and 10 times bigger the any other star at first and stayed the same just until the last 1 or 2 min I saw it.Remember im driving so I cant watch it 100% of the time but I was the main object release a smaller dimmer object the about 30sec later the larger brighter object dim to the same as the smaller object. Soon after that I lost sight of them or they dimmed out. Bad ass though now Ill always remember Amarillo!! Something to think about if it was one of those high alltitude ballons they are made out of a clearish white plastic and at a great height would stay lit by the sun a long time after the ground gets dark. not sure about the smaller light though..
Baloons dont move against the wind.
curious as well

Amarillo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2009

Has any body searched the web for this sighting, I saw the exact same things as did around 10 of my friends including one who had several neighbors in back yard. This sighting is posted on several other sights. i would like to see the video taken and see if all sighting could be posted on one site. Also two helicopter flying aorund the city last nite n cirlces around midlight, strange no search lights on as would be if they were searching for someone? anybody else notice this?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of31
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Amarillo Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Amarillo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance