Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor. Full Story
waco1954

United States

#12985 Jul 21, 2012
VOTER wrote:
<quoted text>
The fatalities would have been higher and the nut job would have still walked away without a scratch....Or are you planning on packing night vision goggles and a gas mask right along with your concealed to carry fire arm.....whose bullets would have bounced right off his vest and other gear...or do you load it with cop killers?!?!?!?!?!
pretty sure with all the fire coming out of those barrels he would have been a good target.This is what you call a disagreement.

Since: Dec 07

Flint, TX

#12986 Jul 21, 2012
VOTER wrote:
<quoted text>
The fatalities would have been higher and the nut job would have still walked away without a scratch....Or are you planning on packing night vision goggles and a gas mask right along with your concealed to carry fire arm.....whose bullets would have bounced right off his vest and other gear...or do you load it with cop killers?!?!?!?!?!
Where were the union cops?
waco1954

United States

#12987 Jul 21, 2012
Voter I think you got this guy confused with Robocop.
VOTER

Wichita Falls, TX

#12988 Jul 21, 2012
NRH Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Criminals and tyrants love unarmed peasants.
Everyone has the right to own a gun for sportsman hunting and for protecting your home and family. No one has the right to own an assault rifle that holds hundreds of rounds of ammo, outside of the military and law enforcement. The only hunting those guns are used for is hunting humans...
waco1954

United States

#12989 Jul 21, 2012
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
Where were the union cops?
Who do you think brought him down the EASTER Bunny?

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#12990 Jul 21, 2012
VOTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone has the right to own a gun for sportsman hunting and for protecting your home and family. No one has the right to own an assault rifle that holds hundreds of rounds of ammo, outside of the military and law enforcement. The only hunting those guns are used for is hunting humans...
There are already restrictions on firearms, including capacity, full auto, etc. why do we need more restrictions?
VOTER

Wichita Falls, TX

#12991 Jul 21, 2012
VOTER wrote:
<quoted text>
I need to amend this statement. The Constitution does not distinguish between guns. BUT NO ONE NEEDS an assault rifle that holds hundreds of rounds of ammo, outside of the military and law enforcement. These guns are made to hunt down and kill human prey...
VOTER

Wichita Falls, TX

#12992 Jul 21, 2012
NRH Man wrote:
<quoted text>
There are already restrictions on firearms, including capacity, full auto, etc. why do we need more restrictions?
What purpose is there for an assault rifle like was used in Colorado, outside of murder and mayhem? Give me a legitimate sportsman use for it? I am willing to listen to your defense of this weapon, plead your case....

Location hidden

#12993 Jul 21, 2012
VOTER wrote:
<quoted text>
What purpose is there for an assault rifle like was used in Colorado, outside of murder and mayhem? Give me a legitimate sportsman use for it? I am willing to listen to your defense of this weapon, plead your case....
The issue is, where does it stop? Read about how England got to their near total ban on private gun ownership. It wasn't a sudden overnight thing, it was a gradual tightening of rules, new laws, changing definitions, until gradually, the private citizen could not legally own a firearm.
If it starts with 'assault rifles', then what's next? Shotguns over a certain capacity? Pistols over a certain caliber? Where does it stop? What is the definition of an assault rifle? 30 rounds? 20 rounds?, then 10, 5, 3, then what?
Its a slippery slope. Where does it stop when it starts?
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#12994 Jul 21, 2012
VOTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, that is exactly what we want, gun battles in the middle of a dark theater full of women and children.....Then just how many deaths would there be??? A hell of a lot more than 12! And just how do you think those movie goers with Concealed weapons license and their fire arms on them were going to kill that nut job? Have you not been listening to the news???? He was in full gear... vest, legs, helmet, throat, groin protection, gas mask...So he was bullet proof and the gas wasn't bothering him...So there would have been half blinded (from the tear gas) armed citizens firing in the dark at anything that moved....Geeeeeeeez grow some brain cells...!!!!
Sure he was in full gear. You know why?. Even though he knew he was in a gun free zone, the coward didn't want to get hurt.

Bullet proof or not, that maggot would not have hung around after getting hit a couple of times. As for tear gas, it's overrated.
Anyone who went through the gas chamber at Parris Island or San Diego
MCRD, can tell you that you can still function up to a point.

We can all turn into sheep and just let things like this happen, or fight back. Just the thought of getting into a firefight with potential
victims is enough to deter a coward like Holmes.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#12995 Jul 21, 2012
waco1954 wrote:
<quoted text> In 2011 198 people were murdered in Houston.The lowest number since 1965 WHEN THE POPULATION WAS TWO THIRDS LESS! I recall the number being over three hundred at times.I'm in favor of concealed carry.
I believe that the numbers would be higher if we did not have concealed carry.

I have a CHL even though I don't carry most of the time. I really don't see a need to carry except for fishing in somewhat isolated spots. Of
course I do keep a couple of my favorite toys handy for giving out
door prizes to home invaders.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#12996 Jul 21, 2012
NRH Man wrote:
<quoted text>
The issue is, where does it stop? Read about how England got to their near total ban on private gun ownership. It wasn't a sudden overnight thing, it was a gradual tightening of rules, new laws, changing definitions, until gradually, the private citizen could not legally own a firearm.
If it starts with 'assault rifles', then what's next? Shotguns over a certain capacity? Pistols over a certain caliber? Where does it stop? What is the definition of an assault rifle? 30 rounds? 20 rounds?, then 10, 5, 3, then what?
Its a slippery slope. Where does it stop when it starts?
Now instead of gun crime, Great Britain has turned into the baseball bat and knife murder capitol of the world.
waco1954

United States

#12997 Jul 21, 2012
The maniac converted his weapon into full auto.Illegal.But easy to do.assault rifles typically carry twenty to thirty rounds depending on the magazine.Glocks carry around 17 rounds or more depending on caliber.
waco1954

United States

#12998 Jul 21, 2012
The person who coined"assault rifle"was Adolph Hitler.

Location hidden

#12999 Jul 21, 2012
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now instead of gun crime, Great Britain has turned into the baseball bat and knife murder capitol of the world.
The rate of gun crime has gone up since the ended private gun ownership. Of course, the gun control nuts just ignore that little inconvienient truth.
charlene

Wasilla, AK

#13000 Jul 21, 2012
So i so pose that them Republicans know how to do that stuff they know how .,,lol

Location hidden

#13001 Jul 22, 2012
charlene wrote:
So i so pose that them Republicans know how to do that stuff they know how .,,lol
Please elaborate on your insightful and thoughtful pot. In other words, what?
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#13002 Jul 22, 2012
charlene wrote:
Yep, looks like Obama is doing what he knows best. Overspending. You want
someone like this in charge, but judging
by your post I can see why. LOL

Obama effort spends more in June than it takes in

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CAM...
waco1954

United States

#13004 Jul 22, 2012
Charlene.....don't take a hit and post...
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#13006 Jul 22, 2012
Well it seems we have run the gauntlet on gun control. Those support gun restrictions are opposed by the “where will it all stop“? More and more regulation! The opposing argument; yes where will it all stop assault rifles for hunting? Nuclear arms? Same old same old arguments as the tragedies run up. Medical issues questioned. Ignored. Prisons increase their populations with the mentally handicap for educational crime tech.

Now where are the JOBS. Perhaps Charlene can visualize a solution to our JOBS dilemma? Who is responsible? Cronies VS Peasants… GO…
Jobs Bills in last 2 tears from republicans with House majority, ZERO. 33 bills wasted on recall, a waste of the time for addressing the JOBS issue and or economy.
Mitt will Not show his IRS Tax information! Mitt does Not know where his monies are ! Mitt does NOT know how it is invested ! Mitt does Not know when he quit Bain ! Well Americans know what all these KNOTS add up to, and it is Not presidential material.
His “Party First” supports outsourcing.
Republican senators “stood firm with Mitt Romney and his 1 percent lobbyist friends” when they successfully filibustered the Bring Jobs Home Act ,[July 19 2012] says AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka. The bill would cut taxes for U.S. companies that bring jobs and business operations back to the United States and end tax loopholes that reward companies that ship jobs overseas.
This is what oxymoron’s find appealing.. LOL Today is Sunday something relegious to pick you up? http://youtu.be/udzymvKOyCY

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alvarado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Texas open carry is shooting itself in the foot 9 hr Independent1 9
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Dec 17 98 Degree Diarrhea 595
illegal immigration and so called day laborers (Mar '07) Dec 11 FormerMgr 109
singles Dec 11 pimptang1 1
what kinda town is granbury really? (Sep '08) Dec 10 Granbury resident 37
X-mas Dec 8 gest 3
Gangs In Arlington (Aug '07) Dec 7 Smurf 1,124

Alvarado News Video

Alvarado Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Alvarado People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Alvarado News, Events & Info