alsip

Posted in the Alsip Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of51
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
voter

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 4, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

Hey is anybody running against these boot licking lap dogs of the ap party?
voter

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 4, 2011
 
voter wrote:
Hey is anybody running against these boot licking lap dogs of the ap party?
your mother is!
voter

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 5, 2011
 
thank God, now we'll have an honest person in there!!!!!!!!!!
voter

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 5, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

voter wrote:
thank God, now we'll have an honest person in there!!!!!!!!!!
and what have any of the trustees done that's less than honest??? Can you name anything? Or is it easier for you to call them names on a news blog! I happen to know Dan, Kevin, and Stanley and Mayor Kitching and they are all good, honorable men who care about Alsip very deeply and are working hard to make our village even better than it is!!!! If you think a candidate like let's say Rick Dalzell gives a toot about making Alsip a better community you are sadly mistaken!!!!
voter

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 7, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

we'll its plain to see YOU live in the KINGDOM OF KITCHING.... the rest of us live in a town called ALSIP!!!!!!
voter

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 7, 2011
 

Judged:

2

voter wrote:
we'll its plain to see YOU live in the KINGDOM OF KITCHING.... the rest of us live in a town called ALSIP!!!!!!
Whatever Weirdo, that doesn't even make sense!!!
FYI

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jun 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The Village needs to stay informed and the Alsip News can't help. Get to the Monday Village Board Meetings @ 7:30pm. This week, I'm told the Mayor is threatening to "sue" the Board if they Veto, his Veto. Because the Village Board approved an ordinance to limit how many times the Mayor can appoint department heads without the Board approval. Otherwise the Mayor can keep making appointments for the same person on even as so-called emergency basis. Oak Forest has this ordinance now. Last year Mayor Kitchen made the appointments 1 week before the newly elected Trustees John Ryan and Rick Dalzell were seated. Trustee Jim Quinn asked the outgoing Board not to take action. However, they are all members of the same political Action Party with the Mayor and they (Former Trustees Kevin Michaels and Dan Godfrey, with Current Trustee John Shapiro)approved the Mayor's appointments with a 3-3 tie and the Mayor cast the final vote. Can anyone understand why these appointments are so important to Mayor Kitchen. Last year he was in a big hurry, this year he's fighting to protect his picks, because next year he's up for re-election. Guess who might not get picked next year?
watching

Alsip, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jun 29, 2012
 
well, more people voted against him then for him................
Chip-a-wa-wa

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jun 30, 2012
 
FYI wrote:
The Village needs to stay informed and the Alsip News can't help. Get to the Monday Village Board Meetings @ 7:30pm. This week, I'm told the Mayor is threatening to "sue" the Board if they Veto, his Veto. Because the Village Board approved an ordinance to limit how many times the Mayor can appoint department heads without the Board approval. Otherwise the Mayor can keep making appointments for the same person on even as so-called emergency basis. Oak Forest has this ordinance now. Last year Mayor Kitchen made the appointments 1 week before the newly elected Trustees John Ryan and Rick Dalzell were seated. Trustee Jim Quinn asked the outgoing Board not to take action. However, they are all members of the same political Action Party with the Mayor and they (Former Trustees Kevin Michaels and Dan Godfrey, with Current Trustee John Shapiro)approved the Mayor's appointments with a 3-3 tie and the Mayor cast the final vote. Can anyone understand why these appointments are so important to Mayor Kitchen. Last year he was in a big hurry, this year he's fighting to protect his picks, because next year he's up for re-election. Guess who might not get picked next year?
How can a Mayor sue his own town and even consider a re-election campaign? Also, can the Village actually afford to invest in alternative water supply and support the jawa project?
watching

Alsip, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jun 30, 2012
 
this town is still waitng for kitching to keep his broken promises from the first election. to date he has NOT KEPT ONE.
Joan Alsip

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jun 30, 2012
 
And just what promises did The mayor make and has not kept??? I think your just a Unity Party Kitching hater!!!!! Funny how you have no reply for your beloved Dalzell and Ryan and their broken promises!!!
Chip-a-wa-wa

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jul 1, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Joan Alsip wrote:
And just what promises did The mayor make and has not kept??? I think your just a Unity Party Kitching hater!!!!! Funny how you have no reply for your beloved Dalzell and Ryan and their broken promises!!!
You should go to a Village Board Meeting and ask Trustees Dalzell and Ryan if they waived their pay. I heard that they waived part of their salary.
Their campaign literature I got says that they plan on reducing the pay for elected officals starting with the 2013 election and removing health insurace for elected officals, so the taxpayers don't have to pay for that also. Alsip made a good choice voting for John Ryan and Rick Dalzell. The previous group from Mayor Kitchings Action Party didn't suggest as much. How could they, the meetings only lasted 15 minutes!
mr alsip

Alsip, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jul 2, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

Quinn is a bully!!!! Queit now because of reelection does not want to draw attention. Daddona is Cluless as to whats going on just watch which way the wind is blowing, or which of his friends he can help to stay popular!!! Dalzell thinks hes gods gift and knows more that everyone else, very dangerous!!!
Deer Parker

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jul 2, 2012
 

Judged:

1

I hear the Independent Trustees are putting a list of potential candidates to join them on the Village Board next year and word from the watering hole says that Alsip may have as many as 5 candidates for the position of Mayor. I hope Trustees Dalzell and Ryan follow through with their campaign pledge to lower the salary for elected officals. Everyone knows that Mayor is making 100,000.00, for 4 years at a time. The lady next door to me wants to run, because she needs help paying her "Taxes".
disappointed

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jul 3, 2012
 
Deer Parker wrote:
I hear the Independent Trustees are putting a list of potential candidates to join them on the Village Board next year and word from the watering hole says that Alsip may have as many as 5 candidates for the position of Mayor. I hope Trustees Dalzell and Ryan follow through with their campaign pledge to lower the salary for elected officals. Everyone knows that Mayor is making 100,000.00, for 4 years at a time. The lady next door to me wants to run, because she needs help paying her "Taxes".
How about those TAXES 6000.oo a year in this burg, everything is gone. what happened to all the improvement? Can't keep blaming the economy other towns are building. THERE'S NOTHING LEFT ANYMORE were giving this , what ever you want to call him and his administrator 100,000 each to run our town FOR WHAT? sad affair. TIME TO MOVE. hope i can get market value.
eyespy

Hickory Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jul 3, 2012
 

Judged:

2

Chip-a-wa-wa wrote:
<quoted text>You should go to a Village Board Meeting and ask Trustees Dalzell and Ryan if they waived their pay. I heard that they waived part of their salary.
Their campaign literature I got says that they plan on reducing the pay for elected officals starting with the 2013 election and removing health insurace for elected officals, so the taxpayers don't have to pay for that also. Alsip made a good choice voting for John Ryan and Rick Dalzell. The previous group from Mayor Kitchings Action Party didn't suggest as much. How could they, the meetings only lasted 15 minutes!
You are full of s$%!

I have their flyer in front of me and it says in bold letters IMMEDIATELY.

Dalzell and Ryan are liars plain and simple.
eyespy

Hickory Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jul 3, 2012
 
mr alsip wrote:
Quinn is a bully!!!! Queit now because of reelection does not want to draw attention. Daddona is Cluless as to whats going on just watch which way the wind is blowing, or which of his friends he can help to stay popular!!! Dalzell thinks hes gods gift and knows more that everyone else, very dangerous!!!
The best part is that Daddona is so clueless he doesn't realize what is being said behind his back by Quinn's cronies. They are actually joking how they can pull his strings.

I hear they are trying to put their "boy" Chrissie's husband in as village manager.
Scarlet Dawn

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jul 3, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

Does Anyone realize that Alsip CANNOT have a village manager form of government without a referendum? Also, have you seen how much a village manager will actually cost Alsip...go FOIA and see how much Oak Lawn's village manager makes. It will probably cost you as much as the City of Chicago's Water rate hikes will be for the next couple of years.

Reseach before you go off at the mouth.
Observer

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jul 4, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Can't wait for next Monday's Alsip Village Board meeting. I enjoyed watching the out of control Mayor try to pick a fight with Trustee John Ryan, because Mayor Kitching could'nt sell his alternative water program, to even get a 2nd to a motion and then allow former Trustee Michaels and Resident Dwyer to not only comment to the Board, but the Mayor allowed shouting, finger pointing,arguing and debating with the Trustees and then try to suggest it's a Water Dept issue. PAY ATTENTION, it's a FINANCIAL issue for the Board. The Mayor wants the Board to approve 1.7 million dollars to participate in a feasability study and our partners are Blue Island, Cal Park, Robbins, Markham and Harvey. Hey Mayor aren't they supposed to address the chair? Oh yeah, those are Action Party people, so it's ok. If that Mayor had any hope of salvaging or even attenpting to unify that Board, it's out the window now. This guy dosen't know how to keep his emotions in check and now he's letting his party members run his Board Meeting. Good luck selling that JAWA program Mayor, maybe you can have your buddies try to deflect it on the Building Dept this time.
scarlets male lover

Hickory Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jul 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Scarlet Dawn wrote:
Does Anyone realize that Alsip CANNOT have a village manager form of government without a referendum? Also, have you seen how much a village manager will actually cost Alsip...go FOIA and see how much Oak Lawn's village manager makes. It will probably cost you as much as the City of Chicago's Water rate hikes will be for the next couple of years.
Reseach before you go off at the mouth.
I just went off in YOUR mouth.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of51
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Alsip Discussions

Search the Alsip Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Could Midlothian go bankrupt? 1 hr Hope and change 12
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr CDC 47,055
Emmanuel Dominguez missing?! 2 hr AGREE 939
jewel stinks 2 hr topic 1
What a Crock - St Damian School! (Nov '09) 3 hr Former parent 68
30 Year Old Fatally Stabbed at O'Malleys (Apr '09) 3 hr AlsipOwl 29
JAWA water project (Jun '12) 8 hr Tainted 479
•••
•••
•••
•••

Alsip Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Alsip People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••