Alhambra man to stand trial in murder of girlfriend stuffed in ...

Full story: Pasadena Star-News

An Alhambra man accused of killing his girlfriend, stuffing her body in a trash can and then leaving it in the garage of an acquaintance will be tried on murder charges, a judge ruled Wednesday.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
bibi

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

If she had had an aneurysm, bagging the body and storing it in kitty litter is the second option behind dialing 911. Right. Smooth, Duffy. Why not the old 'she committed suicide and begged Campbell help her hide it from her family' ploy?

I shouldn't give you any ideas.

Since: Apr 08

Los Angeles, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2009

Sounds like he was trying to hide something to me.
Ducan McCalkinya

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2009

Dry Ice when she was asleep.. or just threw a mean FART! near her...But he did it cause he stashed her body..
I hate stupid people

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2009

why that dead woman not realize campbell is such violent animal in the first place?
Who

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2009

Just Say No To More B O wrote:
So what is the problem with this? Mr. Campbell found out the hard way that race-mixing doesn't pay off. He should have confined him self to White women.
The trash bin was a good idea though; very appropriate for a dead snakehead.
Isaac Campbell is of mixed race himself. Child of a caucasian mother and african american father.
Anonymous

Compton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2009

Just Say No To More B O wrote:
So what is the problem with this? Mr. Campbell found out the hard way that race-mixing doesn't pay off. He should have confined him self to White women.
The trash bin was a good idea though; very appropriate for a dead snakehead.
You are so ignorant you racist S.O.B. Maybe someone should put you're ignorant racist ass in a trash can, i'm sure no one would care/mind, and it would definately make the world a better place to have one less ignorant bigot.
Libertarian

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2009

Who wrote:
<quoted text>
Isaac Campbell is of mixed race himself. Child of a caucasian mother and african american father.
We all know which half became crazed and killed her. We need to be PC and not speak the truth because it might hurt others. Try to stuff me in a trash can anonymous!
Sick

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2009

Alhambra man to stand trial in murder of girlfriend stuffed in trash can
By Melissa Pinion Whitt on April 23, 2009 2:00 PM | Permalink | Comments (0)| ShareThis
From the Pasadena Star-News:
ALHAMBRA - An Alhambra man accused of killing his girlfriend, stuffing her body in a trash can and then leaving it in the garage of an acquaintance will be tried on murder charges, a judge ruled Wednesday.
Alhambra Superior Court Judge Alice Hill found "sufficient cause" to hold Isaac Campbell, 34, to answer to one count of murder and set an arraignment for May 7. Campbell, in custody on $1,025,000 bail, is charged in the death of

Liya "Jessie" Lu, 31, of San Gabriel.

"I think that the circumstantial evidence is sufficient to suggest Mr. Campbell in fact murdered Ms. Lu," Hill said. Witnesses testified that Lu went missing Aug. 11, 2007, after she was dropped off at Campbell's apartment in Alhambra. Her body was found more than a month later by Arcadia resident Michael Darby, in Darby's garage.
Campbell was Darby's marijuana dealer for years, Darby testified Wednesday, and approached Darby in August 2007 and arranged to store a trash can in his garage.
"He just said he had some problems with storage and would like to know if he could store something in my garage," Darby said.
About a month later, Darby said he learned that Lu had gone missing and rushed home to open the trash can after work. The blue recycling bin had been covered in black tarp and taped shut. After removing both, Darby testified, he opened the container to find a woman's clothes on top and a pile of kitty litter underneath.
"There was a bag in there. At this time I was pretty upset. I opened up the bag a little bit and smelled death," he said.
The combination of wrapping the body in a bag, pouring on kitty litter and the low humidity of California's summers effectively "mummified" Lu's body, said Pedro Ortiz, deputy medical examiner with the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office.
"The skin was brownish-green ... it showed signs of decomposition, especially in the orifices of the body - the eyes, mouth, et cetera," Ortiz testified.

More

http://www.insidesocal.com/news247/2009/04/al...
Ricky Ricardo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

This guy is sick.
Tiffany

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2009

She was a sweet ,intelligent ,wonderful ,always happy girl . Some of the comments on here are horrific! You are missed darling, may you rest in peace.
WTF

Pasadena, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2009

WTF
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2010

I actually knew them both. I was shocked to hear what happenned and the crime Isaac is accused of committing. If you knew him it doesnt fit at all, and I can't imagine what events could have led him to behave the way he did. It's all very strange and very mnuch out of character.
Liya was a very sweet girl, RIP Jesse.
anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2011

very sad indeed. i knew isaac since i was 14 years old, he is so smart,kind, and the apple of his mothers eye. hoep its all a big misunderstanding.
Earl

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

I hope he burns!
Mike

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

Sick people
TC Wolf

San Ysidro, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2011

I've known Isaac for years too & never seen him lose his temper. I suspect, there's more to this than some people think. I don't believe for a minute that the people involved (supoena'd witnesses) knew nothing of what was in that can! Isaac himself didn't own a vehicle capable of hauling that trash can. I helped Mike pull it outs the garage & it must've weighed 300 lbs! Never would've fit in his little Corrola! Who had a truck & helped him?
Anonymous Girl

La Puente, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2011

I met Isaac 19 years ago , when he lived in Baldwin Park, sorry to say but this didn't surprise me at all. He was a very jealous man, into martial arts, watched tons of Bruce Lee movies, had weapons & guns, and smoked weed to keep his cool. He was very fit, and loved to show off how much he could lift. I never felt conformable being alone with him, I always felt that something else was going on in his head.

BTW,TC WOLF!!! yes he did have a 4 door Corrola, and I am sorry but anyone can fit a trash can in that kind of car. I know I can squeeze one in my 2 door Honda. The girl was Asian, she may of weight 120lb, if that. Put the body in the trunk and the trash can in the back seat, then drive to the garage and unload...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Alhambra News Video

•••
•••

Alhambra Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Alhambra People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE