Whittier parents at St. Bruno Catholic School upset after not being told principal had a stalker

Nov 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Whittier Daily News

Ronald S. Martinez was arrested and convicted of stalking Catherine Carvalho, the principal at St.

Comments
1 - 20 of 817 Comments Last updated Apr 8, 2013
First Prev
of 41
Next Last
Connie Simons

Calabasas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

I beleive this teacher is/was trying to get back at the school for being asked to leave her employment.
Care about the children I feel she does not ! she cares about creating trouble and to me this does not refect actions of a christian person.
shame shame on you....
Michael

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Carvalho should be ashamed. I worked for her at Corpus Christi in the Palisades -- she is manipulative, vague, and hides behind religion. The staff was thrilled to see her go. However, my hearts go out to St. Bruno. Hopefully they won't have to put up with her much longer.
KarmaIsaBitch

Orange, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

'Tis all much ado about nothing. Kids were never in danger.
David

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

We need help...
The archdiocese continues to protect the principle and the lies
I don't understand how this one person is more important then all the kids
She is a liability.
I have never heard of a friendly stalker
Sav

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

Well, here we go again. What an over reaction.

We want to blame guns for the killing of innocents, no people kill people with guns, knives, cars, hands, etc.

Now we want to blame a principal because she has a stalker, let's blame the stalker, the stalker stalks not the victim.

Please wake up people.
KarmaIsaBitch

Orange, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

David wrote:
We need help...
The archdiocese continues to protect the principle and the lies
I don't understand how this one person is more important then all the kids
She is a liability.
I have never heard of a friendly stalker
David, our kids are NOT being stalked. They were NEVER being stalked. Our kids have never been in danger and never will be in danger just because some jackazzz is infatuated with the principal. Stop overreacting and get on with your life.
Chris

West Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Michael wrote:
Carvalho should be ashamed. I worked for her at Corpus Christi in the Palisades -- she is manipulative, vague, and hides behind religion. The staff was thrilled to see her go. However, my hearts go out to St. Bruno. Hopefully they won't have to put up with her much longer.
Bravo Michael! You speak from experience and truly understand the insanity that plagues St. Bruno school because of Catherine. Only thing is you forgot to capitalize the word Manipulative to emphasize how welll she employs this tactic! Her current staff would also be thrilled to see her go!
Parent too

Chowchilla, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

So I guess to some it is best to wait for a stalker to do violence before families are notified.
Yeah he was caught, but the next crazy might not be.

All have a right to know that there might be a danger at the school.
Especially one that can be identified and isolated.

After the fact helps no victims
John Concern

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

There are two issues here: stalker and Carvahlo being a liar. The stalker is a threat or she would not have obtained a restraint order; law enforcement agreed with her thus, the issuance of the restraining order. Ms Carvahlo had misrepresented almost all the facts regarding her stalker, the resignation of Mrs. Saldana, her replacement leaving within 2 days of being hired, her present unhappy staff, the demotion of two Vice Principals, and the cutting of hours of a long term employee. Carvahlo must go
Past St Bruno Parent

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

This is a shit show of epic proportions! The parents of St Bruno's need to continue this battle with the archdiocese and DON'T BACK DOWN. This principal came with baggage from her past school, where those parents were never informed of this stalking issue, she left in the middle of her school year there, after installing all new security systems, in light tragic events in Connecticut, there can be never enough security. We have a KNOWN THREAT here, and preserving her job is an issue here from all these non St. Bruno people, more than likely her friends. I would defend any of my friends as needed - within reason, but how do you reason with these facts.
John Concern

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

I agree. Carvahlo left her previous school in the middle if the school year. I am sure that was good for her students to have their leader leave.(Sarcasm). She left because she doesn't care about anyone's children But her own interest, which is fine but don't lie and tell people you care about the children. Why are the children at Bruno special vs the children she left at her previous school?( more sarcasm). Carvahlo is a self centered manipulator. She must go for the well being of the children of Bruno
Andrea

West Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

KarmaIsaBitch wrote:
<quoted text>
David, our kids are NOT being stalked. They were NEVER being stalked. Our kids have never been in danger and never will be in danger just because some jackazzz is infatuated with the principal. Stop overreacting and get on with your life.
Since you have no idea what a schizophrenic person is capable of doing or not doing, you should probably remain silent.
Hugo

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

It's not about blaming the victim...we all realize she is a victim. It is how it was handled from the beginning...and the cover up that continues. The deception from the truth, and the manipulation of the situation. The fact that it is only when "they" get caught in a deception that suddenly it is a priority of the school to make security changes. It appears the parents were kept in the dark about a situation that involved more than the victim. It involved innocent children as well...it is about being marginalized as parents when concerns are voiced. There is an easy fix to this situation, but no one with the authority to make the decisions has the fortitude to make that hard decision.

The Archdiocese needs to take action to ensure the safety of Carvalho, the staff, and the children. She no doubt has outstanding qualities which could perhaps be put to better use for the Archdiocese at an administrative position within the Archdiocese. A position that will keep her safe, in a secure environment, so she does not have to concern herself if her presence at a location will bring harm to colleagues, much less school children. She (Carvalho) deserves to be left alone by this man, unfortunately he does not get it...and it appears he will never get it, and as long as he does not get it...she will always be this lunatic's obsession.

This is indeed a unfortunate situation, however it can be rectified. It will take some deep reflection by those who have the decision making abilities to do the right thing and make a decision(s) for the greater good of ALL those involved
KarmasIsaBitch

Orange, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Andrea wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you have no idea what a schizophrenic person is capable of doing or not doing, you should probably remain silent.
Tell it to the JUDGE.

http://www.whittierdailynews.com/news/ci_2235...

Perhaps it's time YOU remains silent. Our kids are safe. Notice I said "OUR kids"... GET OVER IT.
Parent too

Chowchilla, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

KarmasIsaBitch wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell it to the JUDGE.
Perhaps it's time YOU remains silent. Our kids are safe. Notice I said "OUR kids"... GET OVER IT.
This time, for now.
Pray to your God that no other sick thing comes around and the school hides it from you in the interest of not causing a panic and losing money
1concernedparent

Inglewood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

KarmaIsaBitch

Orange, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

1concernedparent wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=MrHoQbI2u5Y&feature=yout ube_gdata_player
Is there a point to that video? It was 3 minutes of absolutely nothing. Is that former Marine tweaking? What's with his fast, rambling speech and runny nose? He sounded more creepy than the stalker!
Disgusted with liars

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

KarmasIsaBitch wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell it to the JUDGE.
Interesting how a judge who labeled Martinez dangerous on Tuesday did a complete flip flop on Thursday. Could Catherine's private conversation with the judge before the proceedings began have anything to do with this change? Hmmmmmm. Perhaps this topic is best discussed with the judicial ethics committee. Gee this all goes back to that great Manipulative power Catherine has and a judge who is easily swayed. More lies to add to the already high pile both Father and Catherine have created.
KarmaIsaBitch

Orange, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Disgusted with liars wrote:
Gee this all goes back to that great Manipulative power Catherine has and a judge who is easily swayed.
Do you honestly think this woman can MANIPULATE a judge?

GET OVER IT!!!! What is it with you people? Have you nothing better to do with your lives?
Disgusted with liars

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Of course she can manipulate a judge. Under those black robes is a human being. While it is true judges hold considerable power in the judicial system, their decisions are not always correct and can be based on bias and persuasion. Wake up! This is the real world we live in. Corruption is everywhere. Just look at all the lies from the administration at St. Bruno.. If that pile of lies gets much higher it will collapse and bury us all.
And speaking of having nothing better to do with our lives, you spend a considerable about of time posting your opinions. Perhaps it is YOU who should find something better to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 41
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Alhambra News Video

•••
•••

Alhambra Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Alhambra People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE