Pastor fired over allegations of inappropriate sexual conduct

Full story: WTKR

A Newport News pastor has been fired by the United Church of Christ in Newport News.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9

Since: Mar 10

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 20, 2010
 

Judged:

1

It's amazing to me that when ANY church is involved I don't see any references to the POLICE being involved. And they SHOULD be. This is true with ANY church that even SUSPECTS activities like this are going on. Instead, we turn our heads and let the church handle things. This does not stop what's going on. Just ask those in the Catholic church. They have been "relocating" people for YEARS with NO repercussions from law enforcement.

These people need to be investigated like anyone else that's suspected of a crime.
Dale

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 20, 2010
 
hbrogan1957 wrote:
It's amazing to me that when ANY church is involved I don't see any references to the POLICE being involved. And they SHOULD be. This is true with ANY church that even SUSPECTS activities like this are going on. Instead, we turn our heads and let the church handle things. This does not stop what's going on. Just ask those in the Catholic church. They have been "relocating" people for YEARS with NO repercussions from law enforcement.
These people need to be investigated like anyone else that's suspected of a crime.
This is one Instance I agree with hbrogan. I find it amazing the lack of police involvement in a majority of these cases. Making a major decision in your life to become an ordained minister,pastor,reverend or priest is an agreement made with God. Why is it that they still feel compelled to blatantly abuse their position in the eyes of God. How do they sleep at night after preforming such activities knowing that God knows this as well. They must be phonies,
Omg

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 20, 2010
 
probably the reason they join the church to begin with so they can get away with it.
BUNNY

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 20, 2010
 
Where is the law? Someone needs to pray for the leadership of this church better yet they really need to pray for themselves. This is just SAD.

Since: Mar 10

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 20, 2010
 
BUNNY wrote:
Where is the law? Someone needs to pray for the leadership of this church better yet they really need to pray for themselves. This is just SAD.
AND investigate for possible prosecution.
Dwayne

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 21, 2010
 
Wesley Grove is the church where I grew up, and it pains me to no end to see the church is such disarray. The UCC as well as the church should have had some kind of law enforcement on the premises to ensure that this man is not conducting business as usual. The locks should have been changed and he should have been banned from the building.
Becky

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 21, 2010
 
I believe there's a special place in hell for Pastor's like him
HBWT

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
May 5, 2010
 
Neuter him with pinking shears. That would slow him down a bit.
SECTION 8 SUX

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
May 5, 2010
 
Becky wrote:
I believe there's a special place in hell for Pastor's like him
They also get the speed lane or HOV which ever you prefer.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Alexander Discussions

Search the Alexander Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
valerie samples 5 hr joe 24
Identity (Jun '08) 6 hr Tony Cooke 4
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 7 hr Answer Man 28,944
AR Who do you support for Secretary of State in Ar... (Oct '10) 13 hr Newport 213
AR Who do you support for Governor in Arkansas in ... (Oct '10) 16 hr Guest 937
AR Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Arkansas ... (Oct '10) 16 hr Guest 1,761
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 17 hr just wondering 18,537
•••
•••
•••
•••

Alexander Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Alexander People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Alexander News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Alexander
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••