Alderson Dollar General

Posted in the Alderson Forum

“Heartaches”

Since: Mar 09

United States

#1 Dec 3, 2009
Recently as I was paying for my items at the Dollar General Store I noticed a box across from the register. It was obvious that it was to hold some sort of donations. But the word "Alderson" caught my eye. Leaning closer to read the signs tears filled my eyes as I realized the Manager from our Alderson Dollar General had took it upon herself to speak with the Alderson Grade School Principle, ask that the children make a hand print to be used as decorations for the Christmas Tree inside the store. She does want any child to be left behind. So,,, she is collecting the cheaper price toys to give to each and every child in the Alderson Pre-School and Alderson Grade School for Christmas. How cool is that? I don't know the Manager's name,,,, But Precious Lady,,, I salute you for your caring.
just me

Princeton, WV

#2 Dec 3, 2009
Her name is sue.
Just a reader

Princeton, WV

#3 Dec 3, 2009
alwayssmiling6 wrote:
Recently as I was paying for my items at the Dollar General Store I noticed a box across from the register. It was obvious that it was to hold some sort of donations. But the word "Alderson" caught my eye. Leaning closer to read the signs tears filled my eyes as I realized the Manager from our Alderson Dollar General had took it upon herself to speak with the Alderson Grade School Principle, ask that the children make a hand print to be used as decorations for the Christmas Tree inside the store. She does want any child to be left behind. So,,, she is collecting the cheaper price toys to give to each and every child in the Alderson Pre-School and Alderson Grade School for Christmas. How cool is that? I don't know the Manager's name,,,, But Precious Lady,,, I salute you for your caring.
Her name is Sue and her and her crew are all kind hearted wonderful people. Would give their right arms for anyone in need,

“Heartaches”

Since: Mar 09

United States

#4 Dec 4, 2009
Just a reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Her name is Sue and her and her crew are all kind hearted wonderful people. Would give their right arms for anyone in need,
Thank you for giving us her name. I have ask everyone to please stop in and make a donation. Sue really put me in the Christmas spirit.
I know God will bless her in abundance. And you are right, the whole crew at the Dollar General Store is super people.
Heresafact

Holyoke, MA

#5 Dec 4, 2009
alwayssmiling6 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for giving us her name. I have ask everyone to please stop in and make a donation. Sue really put me in the Christmas spirit.
I know God will bless her in abundance. And you are right, the whole crew at the Dollar General Store is super people.
She does go that extra mile,I went there for some boxes once, and she emptied up a bunch of items, just so I could get boxes. She could have just said I don't have any!
mikey mike

Lyburn, WV

#6 Dec 26, 2009
Sue is awesome. Wish there were more people like her in Alderson.
WTG

Princeton, WV

#7 Jan 1, 2010
I agree.. There are at least two other people like her in that store. She has a good crew now. She got rid of the losers.
new to alderson

United States

#8 Jan 1, 2010
i just moved to alderson and i have found the most of the ladies and gentlemen that work for this company to be very pleaseing . i also have found the store to be very clean and very neat. sue and the ladies doa great job taking care of this place. i have been in other stores from this company and i have not found one as clean. Sue you are greatly appreciated . thank you for a job well done.
kdweikle

Hattiesburg, MS

#9 Jan 3, 2010
I LOVE GOING IN THER WHEN I COME HOME I LIVE IN MISSISSIPPI THEY NEED MORE LIKE HER HERE
new to alderson

United States

#10 Jan 4, 2010
kdweikle wrote:
I LOVE GOING IN THER WHEN I COME HOME I LIVE IN MISSISSIPPI THEY NEED MORE LIKE HER HERE
you are so very right . if more ppl in the retail business were like her the world would be a nicer place
haierval

Princeton, WV

#11 Jun 16, 2010
what ever happened to that girl that used to work there a couple months ago? She was nice. I'm not sure what here name was, but she had brown hair and looked to be between 18-20 and also wore glasses.
curious

Chesterfield, MO

#12 Jun 18, 2010
i used to work there and enjoyed it very much sue is awesome but working for her is alot more stressful than being a customer believe me shes a slave driver lol just kidding but yeah she does believe n working hard and her crew working hard also

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does Hinton Pre K have school Monday-Tuesday 3 hr Hello 1
You Asked 3 hr hope 1
GEHS Basketball (Apr '12) 3 hr Tom 78
Who runs the county commission 4 hr changes 6
looking for dresser 6 hr Looking for a dre... 1
Lionel Garner (Oct '09) 7 hr lmao 64
Let's play follow the word (Oct '08) 7 hr SWAMP WITCH 2,645
Alderson Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Alderson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Alderson News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Alderson

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:58 am PST

Bleacher Report10:58AM
Polamalu (Knee) Likely to Sit Sunday
NBC Sports11:20 AM
Troy Polamalu not expected to play on Sunday
ESPN11:21 AM
Rivera 'confident' Newton will start Sunday
ESPN 9:39 AM
Setback-free Newton to start against Browns
NFL11:45 AM
Panthers' Cam Newton named starter vs. Browns