Republican Martinez claims NM governor's seat

Republican Susana Martinez has won the New Mexico governor's race, making history as the first Hispanic woman to become a state's chief executive. Full Story
DLR

Tucson, AZ

#191 Apr 12, 2012
Deb2me wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait a minute. I'm confused. You're for civil rights? Hmmmm you are contradicting yourself from previous posts. In fact, you actually believe that civil rights are only for those outside of your own community and anyone who decries the violation of civil rights as worthy of your contempt, offensive references to female genitalia, and the destruction of democracy.
Oh, I get it. You're for the above things as long as no one demands it within your community. If they do, then you believe it is good and just to attack them with whatever lies you can conjure.
Yes, it is always about you, and your need to be admired and worshiped despite you and your your friends abhorrent behavior and personal attacks on TOPIX.
Get over yourself.

“Liberty and justice for all”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#192 Apr 12, 2012
DLR wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it is always about you, and your need to be admired and worshiped despite you and your your friends abhorrent behavior and personal attacks on TOPIX.
Get over yourself.
But since there has been NO abhorrent behavior by me, your argument remains without merit.
DLR

Tucson, AZ

#193 Apr 12, 2012
durablebrad wrote:
<quoted text>
I have ONLY three issues:
1) Unconstitutional wars
2)$15+ trillion national debt (also unconstitutional)
3) Violations of Constitution under the guise of National Security
All three have been committed, and are being committed by BOTH PARTIES, whose members have been sworn to protect and defend the Constitution.
WHY SETTLE FOR THE LESSER OF TWO EVILS? VOTE CTHULHU 2012!
Of course you do not care about issues that effect others. That is who you are. SO why expect everyone to care about your issues? Or Deb's? Don't act all stunned and outraged when people treat you how you treat them.

“FREEDOM OF THOUGHT”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#194 Apr 12, 2012
DLR wrote:
<quoted text>
That won't stop you from bleeding the system dry the last 10 years of your life as you let medicare and us taxpayers pay for the aftermath of your gluttonous, unhealthy lifestyle.
Lead by example and stand by your principals and refuse to have the taxpayers pay for your health problems brought about by your poor choices throughout your life.
And you know how old I am and what life style I lead?

I would bet you haven't paid any tax yet.

Those big refunds you get say you haven't.
hobby

Carlsbad, NM

#196 Apr 13, 2012
DLR wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you do not care about issues that effect others. That is who you are. SO why expect everyone to care about your issues? Or Deb's? Don't act all stunned and outraged when people treat you how you treat them.
the proper word is affect..........
hobby

Carlsbad, NM

#197 Apr 13, 2012
Rigid wrote:
<quoted text>
Does your romney care cover mental health? If so why haven't you taken advantage of it?
787 billion in the first non stimulus to the corprate frauds from obama, lets see if you can fill in the rest of the numbers with any integrity.
obama care does NOT cover mental health issues......

you may get a padded cell at the county jail if you are lucky
hobby

Carlsbad, NM

#198 Apr 13, 2012
outsider wrote:
GM is alive and bin laden is dead
how are those VOLTs eelling......

43000 dollar electric car with a 25 mile range.....

funny
hobby

Carlsbad, NM

#199 Apr 13, 2012
DLR wrote:
<quoted text>
That won't stop you from bleeding the system dry the last 10 years of your life as you let medicare and us taxpayers pay for the aftermath of your gluttonous, unhealthy lifestyle.
Lead by example and stand by your principals and refuse to have the taxpayers pay for your health problems brought about by your poor choices throughout your life.
90% of all medicare monies are spend during the last 6 weeks of one's life
obama care had the cure

the DEATH SHOT

eliminate the last 6 weeks and balance the budget!!!!! Not a bad idea, huh?
hobby

Carlsbad, NM

#200 Apr 13, 2012
Las Cruces retiree wrote:
New Mexico is one of the poorest states in the nation. We have high drop out rates in our schools. Our state retirement funds are way underfunded. The problem is that one policital party has been in power for the last 30 years-- the same party that controls things in Chicago.
also the same part in control (until recently) in WI

DEMS = the Party of GRAFT
karen p

Carlsbad, NM

#201 Apr 13, 2012
hobby wrote:
<quoted text>
90% of all medicare monies are spend during the last 6 weeks of one's life
obama care had the cure
the DEATH SHOT
eliminate the last 6 weeks and balance the budget!!!!! Not a bad idea, huh?
the current program is called hospice.... when a doctor determines you have only 6 months to live, you are elibible for hospice (voluntary) paid by Medicare - a WONDERFUL program

new obama care makes hospice MANDATORY (when doctor decides you have only 6 months left) and then the Death Shot.... SAVES MONEY
soooo

Carlsbad, NM

#202 Apr 13, 2012
All of you that voted for how do you feel??
-Has she taken away illegal DL's?
-Has she closed the border?
-She took more money from school when she said she wasnt.
She really hasn't done nothing.
I say bring back Gary Johnson!!!!!!!!
Las Cruces retiree

Las Cruces, NM

#203 Apr 13, 2012
soooo wrote:
All of you that voted for how do you feel??
-Has she taken away illegal DL's?
-Has she closed the border?
-She took more money from school when she said she wasnt.
She really hasn't done nothing.
I say bring back Gary Johnson!!!!!!!!
A Rep governor by herself can't do anything because the Dems control the legislature and the courts. In fact, the Dems have been in control for years and look where we stand- at the bottom of practically everything. It is surprising that SM was elected in the first place. Johnson couldn't do any better -- one person against a gang.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#204 Apr 13, 2012
Las Cruces retiree wrote:
<quoted text>
A Rep governor by herself can't do anything because the Dems control the legislature and the courts. In fact, the Dems have been in control for years and look where we stand- at the bottom of practically everything. It is surprising that SM was elected in the first place. Johnson couldn't do any better -- one person against a gang.
Why do you think so many good legislators (like Steve Fischmann) are choosing not to run for office again, while the questionable ones (like Diane Hamilton- who can't even correctly file an election signature petition after seven terms of office) are fighting tooth and nail to get on the ballot?

The bad guys are obviously winning in New Mexico, and no governor alone can change that... it'll take a better Attorney General than Gary King to fix what's broken.
Barbara

Princeton, MA

#205 Apr 13, 2012
Yeehaw wrote:
<quoted text>Too bad that your parents didn't use condoms!
Ha ha ha. Looks like your parents didn't either. Unless it broke. If so, so sorry for them.
Btfsplk

Carlsbad, NM

#207 Apr 15, 2012
karen p wrote:
<quoted text>
the current program is called hospice.... when a doctor determines you have only 6 months to live, you are elibible for hospice (voluntary) paid by Medicare - a WONDERFUL program
new obama care makes hospice MANDATORY (when doctor decides you have only 6 months left) and then the Death Shot.... SAVES MONEY
If you think your doctor told you or a loved one how much time you have to live, you probably misunderstood what she or he said. NO doctor (worth anything) would ever predict when someone will die. When someone is suffering a condition that is likely to be fatal within the near term, and there is no reasonable treatment available--or the informed patient chooses not to be treated--hospice is a great service. It is not a cost saving measure--it is a doctor/patient, humane, medical decision.
karen p

Carlsbad, NM

#208 Apr 15, 2012
Btfsplk wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think your doctor told you or a loved one how much time you have to live, you probably misunderstood what she or he said. NO doctor (worth anything) would ever predict when someone will die. When someone is suffering a condition that is likely to be fatal within the near term, and there is no reasonable treatment available--or the informed patient chooses not to be treated--hospice is a great service. It is not a cost saving measure--it is a doctor/patient, humane, medical decision.
you need to research theMedicare regulations regarding hospice....

'Only patients with a life expectancy of less than 6 months are eligible to have hospice services paid by Medicare'
Btfsplk

Carlsbad, NM

#209 Apr 16, 2012
karen p wrote:
<quoted text>
you need to research theMedicare regulations regarding hospice....
'Only patients with a life expectancy of less than 6 months are eligible to have hospice services paid by Medicare'
I know this will be shocking but ... What Medicare requires and what doctors can--and should--do are not always the same.
charly e

Aurora, MO

#211 Sep 11, 2012
who?
Val

Switzerland

#213 Sep 11, 2012
Liebe Leserinnen und Leser,

Bevor ich mit dem Erzählen der eigentlichen Erlebnissen beginne, möchte ich kurz einige Informationen über mich preisgeben. Mein Name ist Tanja und ich stamme aus einem kleinen Dorf in der Nähe von Baden im Aargau. Ich bin 19 und habe im Juni im Juni mein Maturitätszeugnis an der Kantonsschule Baden erhalten. Demzufolge nehme ich nicht am normalen YFU High School Programm Teil sondern in einem speziellen Programm, das YFU ebenfalls anbietet. Es ist das Community College Programm, für Schüler die über 18 sind. Anstatt an einer High School studiere ich an einem College, wo ich meine Fächer selbst wählen kann.
Rooby Roo

Truth Or Consequences, NM

#214 Sep 11, 2012
I dont think you could legaklly print that in english.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alamogordo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Family Dog Shot Nov 20 (Dec '12) 6 hr Coach 115
What is the New world order? 7 hr Yvonne 36
They were right 8 hr Yvonne 3
New evidence that global warming is BS (Nov '09) 8 hr Gorky 7,290
AKC dog show in town this weekend ... 8 hr People First 8
Alamogordo Motel Owner Sexually Assaulted Women 8 hr Doctor Bang 2
It's Time !!! 11 hr Ralph 5
Alamogordo Dating
Find my Match

Alamogordo Jobs