County receives prime deal

Full story: Alamogordo Daily News

During a special meeting Thursday afternoon, the Otero County Commission approved a resolution to buy property next to the county administration building, known by some as the old Firestone building, as well as approved the primary election canvass.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of138
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
pearlnroses

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jun 4, 2010
 
OMG- what double talk by the county!!!!! They need to answer to the public since it is the public lining their pockets!!!!!!
joe not Joe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jun 4, 2010
 
That Crimmins guy sure got bent all outa shape didn't he?
Dillpickle

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jun 4, 2010
 
Sounds like two commissioners are getting a going away bonus!
House of Critters

Mescalero, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jun 4, 2010
 
Note to the ADN: If you want to try to show unbiased reporting, you might start with your headlines.
Michael Morris

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jun 4, 2010
 
Take some pictures of the entrance ramps, read the building code on those ramps at the front entrance then ask CID to explain how they passed inspection. Really simple.
fishy

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jun 4, 2010
 
No matter how you look at this, there is something fishy about the entire business. And yet the gov't questions why the masses are becoming so cynical...
Michael Morris

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jun 4, 2010
 
Sorry for leaving that vague. The construction detail on the ramp is known as a Latch side approach to the pull side of a door with closer. to simplify this the requirement is 54 in. from, in this case, the face of the adjoining door to the railing measured perpendicular to the walkway, meaning 54 inches straight out. These are barely 36.
Dillpickle

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jun 4, 2010
 
Think of the money the county will save when Moore is gone!!!

“Our nearest star”

Since: May 09

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jun 4, 2010
 
"..Crimmins said. "It is very frustrating to listen to people who don't know what they're talking about, and come up here, and then the newspaper prints it...."

Spoken like a true sex offender!
Hey You

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jun 4, 2010
 
Michael Morris wrote:
Take some pictures of the entrance ramps, read the building code on those ramps at the front entrance then ask CID to explain how they passed inspection. Really simple.
Hey Big talker, you didn't even run for office when you could have. You are full of hot air.
certainly yes

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jun 4, 2010
 
Why didn't Susan Flores speak up? What does she have to hide on this deal? She and the contractor are probably great friends.
Markus

Silver City, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jun 4, 2010
 
Why should she speak up? Because Janet White did? Janet White is the one who dug up this information, and just because Susan Flores didn't speak up doesn't mean she was involved. Really, it's a stretch to even IMPLY something like that.

Are you one of the dirty dealers' friends or relatives? Oh, better question, are you related in some way to Tommy Herrell, who WAS involved and IS running for commissioner? And are you just trying to drag the innocent through the mud with him, when he willingly got into it in the first place?! Seems like a profit of $200,000 in less than a week is really great, at OUR expense. Doesn't get much more underhanded than that!
Dean Venture

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jun 4, 2010
 
Gwinna Rees asked if the building has been appraised. Moore said he didn't know.

"How can you buy a building for what, a million four, and it's not been appraised yet as to the value of it?" Rees asked. "Am I stupid? I mean, I'm just asking."

Moore said the county entered an agreement to have the building "built like we wanted it" after going through a design process. He said he didn't think an appraisal was part of the process.

*****

This transaction is deeply troubling, to say the least. How can the City government claim that it is acting as a good steward of the citizens money if no appraisal has been done? Did the City Council grossly overpay for the property? There should have been an appraisal conducted by an MAI-certified appraiser. The Council's insistence on pushing through the deal without a moratorim to examine the deal also doesn't pass the smell test. Maybe some FOIA/Inspection of Public Records requests are needed to shed light on these issues.
Trixie

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jun 4, 2010
 
Michael Morris wrote:
Take some pictures of the entrance ramps, read the building code on those ramps at the front entrance then ask CID to explain how they passed inspection. Really simple.
There other friends probably did the inspections.
Trixie

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jun 4, 2010
 
Dean Venture wrote:
Gwinna Rees asked if the building has been appraised. Moore said he didn't know.
"How can you buy a building for what, a million four, and it's not been appraised yet as to the value of it?" Rees asked. "Am I stupid? I mean, I'm just asking."
Moore said the county entered an agreement to have the building "built like we wanted it" after going through a design process. He said he didn't think an appraisal was part of the process.
*****
This transaction is deeply troubling, to say the least. How can the City government claim that it is acting as a good steward of the citizens money if no appraisal has been done? Did the City Council grossly overpay for the property? There should have been an appraisal conducted by an MAI-certified appraiser. The Council's insistence on pushing through the deal without a moratorim to examine the deal also doesn't pass the smell test. Maybe some FOIA/Inspection of Public Records requests are needed to shed light on these issues.
The Attorney General and whoever else needs to can come in and protect the interests of the taxpayers and look into how business is being done in this area.
Trixie

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jun 4, 2010
 
House of Critters wrote:
Note to the ADN: If you want to try to show unbiased reporting, you might start with your headlines.
So True. Furthermore, ADN didn't run more on the original story after the taxpayers got concerned when this story first surfaced. Now we hear what a great deal the county got. Somethings wrong with this picture.
Dillpickle

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jun 4, 2010
 
The Alamogordo Daily fish wrap must be getting a cut the way they sugar coated this rip off. At least HARDworking sex offender is making a few dollars!!!!!!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jun 4, 2010
 
Get off the Daily News backs! Thank goodness they report news that 'EVERYONE' has been screaming for, protesters signs (teaparty) and their dismay with Congress and now, Janet White and Gwinna Reese ask "why" and everyone gets "up in arms???"

Geez, you people are hard to please.

This is one dirty transaction w/Otero County established family citizen(s) names/families ripping off this southern NM coffer one more time!

Shame on all of them.

Caught again --- the wild, wild, west...
nod nod wink wink

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jun 4, 2010
 
House of Critters wrote:
Note to the ADN: If you want to try to show unbiased reporting, you might start with your headlines.
From the article quoting Dennis Crimmins, "...This is prime real estate in Alamogordo and it's being sold to you at a hell of a price."
Trixie

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jun 4, 2010
 
nod nod wink wink wrote:
<quoted text>
From the article quoting Dennis Crimmins, "...This is prime real estate in Alamogordo and it's being sold to you at a hell of a price."
Obviously ADN picks and chooses who it quotes and when.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of138
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

29 Users are viewing the Alamogordo Forum right now

Search the Alamogordo Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Israel 1 min Land Locked Sailor 56
New evidence that global warming is BS (Nov '09) 16 min Land Locked Sailor 6,972
Stop Oppressing My People! 46 min Heisenberg 15
Alamo cold case to be featured on TNT show 53 min Passingiton 2
Sting on Obamacare 1 hr Tony Betterton 3
Keystone Pipeline 1 hr Ralph 31
Get the Illegals OUT! (Apr '10) 1 hr Ralph 254
•••
•••
•••
•••

Alamogordo Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Alamogordo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Alamogordo News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Alamogordo
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••