|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2011

Judged:

Nasty, Hateful Reception when we thought they would help with
a dog that will wind up at Animal Control and probably be killed.

Not what I thought they were about.

“Our nearest star”

Since: May 09

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2011

Judged:

Monica wrote:
Nasty, Hateful Reception when we thought they would help with
a dog that will wind up at Animal Control and probably be killed.
Not what I thought they were about.
Got a dog you need to get rid of?

“I am as vain as I allow.”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2011

Judged:

Thanks for killing your dog and trying to blame someone else.
Monica

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2011

Judged:

Big mistake to try to care for animals abandoned
by their owners. Should have just ran them off or let them die where they were.

“Our nearest star”

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2011

Judged:

Animal Village doesn't have enough space to take them all. Look at how many animals are looking for a home everyday in Alamogordo/Holloman.

Personal responsibility must be taken.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2011

Judged:

Did it ever occur to you that you aren't a special snowflake?

Did it ever occur to you that people in those jobs work day and night dealing with selfish, ignorant people?

Did it ever occur to you that there are people dumping off their "amazing" dogs every single day?

Did it ever occur to you that no kills rarely, if ever, have the funds to take in every dog they see?

If you have an animal that you're dumping because you're moving, or you can't be bothered with training, or you can't be bothered to find a behaviorist(or trainer), or they shed, or they're ugly, or they got big, or there's allergies, etc etc etc... you never deserved them in the first place.

You cannot put that on the people who do rescue and work in shelters and no kills. Don't blame them. Do not ever blame rescues or shelters. Their job is cleaning up other people's mistakes.
You're worthless and never should've had them. They deserve better than you and you shouldn't have a pet rock.
question

Ivins, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2011

Judged:

Hey is that what their changing alamogordos' name to????

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2011

Judged:

question wrote:
Hey is that what their changing alamogordos' name to????
they're*
I Know

Ivins, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2011

Judged:

F-U
hows that look smart a$$
LuckyTown wrote:
<quoted text>
they're*
Justus Sockpuppets

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2011

Judged:

I Know wrote:
F-U
hows that look smart ****
<quoted text>
t
r
o
l
l
much?
Monica

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2011

Judged:

"
No-Kill Shelter Rescues First "Freedom Dog"
Animal Village New Mexico Gives "Death Row" Dogs A Second Chance
By ABC-7 Reporter Jill Galus
POSTED: 7:43 pm MST November 16, 2010

ALAMOGORDO, New Mexico -- Death row. For abandoned, abused, or injured animals, it is the unfortunate phrase used to describe their fate in shelters. But a woman in New Mexico is giving pets from around the country a second chance, with a no-kill adoption center.
Animal Village New Mexico, located at 7246 Highway 54-70 in Alamogordo, is best described as a sanctuary.
The center’s newest member, a Pitbull named Molly, was flown into Alamogordo Tuesday, rescued from Arkansas.
"My understanding is she was being starved in the backyard,” Sunny Aris, Animal Village New Mexico Director, said.“You can see she is still not full weight, she's only 38 pounds now and she had every bone in her body showing."
Molly wagged her tail and received lots of kisses as she took her first steps off the single-engine plane and on her road to recovery at her new home at Animal Village.
"It's a great feeling,” Dan Telfair, a Grace Flight pilot who transported Molly, said.“You know, helping a kid go to cancer camp, helping a dog to a new life - same thing."
Aris says the black-furred pup is the center’s first “Freedom Dog,” or in other words, a canine rescued from a severe animal cruelty case.
With 9-acres of land, Molly now has a safe place to play, along with multiple litters of other injured pups already filling up the just-opened, 2,600 square foot building.
In a litter of five puppies dropped off last night, Aris embraced one with a dangling leg.“His pelvis back here is broken and he walks crooked,” Aris said.“So we’re hoping we can get some donations to fix Chico.”
Currently, the facility operates entirely on fundraising. Dogs in poor conditions like Chico have a chance at Animal Village, but would likely not survive down the road at the county shelter.
"When I first started working with the county they told me we would be dealing with 20 animals per month,” Dr. Marvin Hays, of Button Brand Veterinary Clinic, said.“Right now we're averaging closer to 60 to 70 a month."
At Button Brand Veterinary Clinic, just a few miles down the road from Animal Village, the euthanasia rate is nearly 50%. Seven dogs were killed Tuesday morning alone, Hays said. After a puppy is dropped off at the Clinic, the county gives them 3 days to be adopted or claimed before they are euthanized because of overpopulation – a problem stemming from lack of education and owners not spaying and neutering their pets, Hays said.
The helpless faces behind cold metal cages are what Animal Village will help reduce, Aris said.
“There is redemption and we want to see a no-kill nation in the United States,” Aris said.“It's not the 1800s…you don't take a dog out and shoot him because you don't want him, you don't dump him at the pound…if you make a commitment, then you keep your commitment because these are not disposable hearts, they are treasures and they need to be treated that way."
Molly is just the first of many given a second chance at life, Aris said.
"It's a dream come true,” Aris said.“She's going to have a good, safe committed home or she's going to stay with us until she does."
Molly may eventually be trained as a therapy or guide dog, which is a possibility for many of the pets at Animal Village New Mexico if they are not adopted, Aris said.
PrintEmail

Copyright 2010 KVIA. All rights reserved. "

“Chained 11 yrs. ~ Free Now!”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2011

Judged:

Animal Village rescues dogs that are in inhumane conditions or on death row in shelters. They are not here to help you place a dog you just decided you can no longer keep or care for.

Legally, I cannot give details right now, but I was lucky enough to be able to help transport 2 puppies for them today that would have been killed otherwise. Littermates of theirs were. These are the dogs they are here to help. If they took in every unwanted pet from owners around here, they would not have had the room to take them. In fact, it was quite a squeeze as it is!

FYI they DO rescue as many dogs as they can from Animal Control and the County. Space is limited because they ARE a no-kill shelter. Their adoptions have topped 200 just since the end of December. These are dogs and cats that were rescued from horrible conditions or were hours away from being euthanized. If they take the dog you just decided you can no longer keep and haven't taken the time to find a home for yourself, it takes up space for a dog that faces certain death.

Sorry, but if you have a pet you can no longer keep, for whatever reason, it is YOUR responsibility to find a new home for it. That is part of being a responsible pet owner. You are not "entitled" to have them take YOUR PET. If they appear to be rude, it may be because people are rude to them, expecting them to do what they are not here to do.

“Chained 11 yrs. ~ Free Now!”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2011

Judged:

Monica - I just re-read your post and sorry if I misinterpreted that it was your own pet you were trying to get them to take. When I see AVNM being attacked wrongly, I do tend to get upset and I may have posted too quickly.(But I don't take back any of what I posted).

If they were abandoned animals, they still need to be taken to either the county shelter (Button Brand) or the city (Animal Control) because legally the owners have three days to claim them before they can be adopted. It would not be legal for AVNM to take a dog based on your saying that they were abandoned. Think of all the people fed up with their neighbors' dogs that might try this! As a former employee at Animal Control I did see that happen several times - twice we were able to prove it. Animal Control has had great success with their adoption events and there are several private rescues and breed rescues who work with both them and the county to keep the euthanizing numbers down.

So anyway, I apologize if I jumped to the wrong conclusion about what you posted. And I hope this explains why they can't take "abandoned" pets.

“Our nearest star”

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2011

Judged:

Monica wrote:
"
No-Kill Shelter Rescues First "Freedom Dog"
Animal Village New Mexico Gives "Death Row" Dogs A Second Chance
By ABC-7 Reporter Jill Galus
POSTED: 7:43 pm MST November 16, 2010
ALAMOGORDO, New Mexico -- Death row. For abandoned, abused, or injured animals, it is the unfortunate phrase used to describe their fate in shelters. But a woman in New Mexico is giving pets from around the country a second chance, with a no-kill adoption center.
Animal Village New Mexico, located at 7246 Highway 54-70 in Alamogordo, is best described as a sanctuary.
The center’s newest member, a Pitbull named Molly, was flown into Alamogordo Tuesday, rescued from Arkansas.
"My understanding is she was being starved in the backyard,” Sunny Aris, Animal Village New Mexico Director, said.“You can see she is still not full weight, she's only 38 pounds now and she had every bone in her body showing."
Molly wagged her tail and received lots of kisses as she took her first steps off the single-engine plane and on her road to recovery at her new home at Animal Village.
"It's a great feeling,” Dan Telfair, a Grace Flight pilot who transported Molly, said.“You know, helping a kid go to cancer camp, helping a dog to a new life - same thing."
Aris says the black-furred pup is the center’s first “Freedom Dog,” or in other words, a canine rescued from a severe animal cruelty case.
With 9-acres of land, Molly now has a safe place to play, along with multiple litters of other injured pups already filling up the just-opened, 2,600 square foot building.
In a litter of five puppies dropped off last night, Aris embraced one with a dangling leg.“His pelvis back here is broken and he walks crooked,” Aris said.“So we’re hoping we can get some donations to fix Chico.”
Currently, the facility operates entirely on fundraising. Dogs in poor conditions like Chico have a chance at Animal Village, but would likely not survive down the road at the county shelter.
"When I first started working with the county they told me we would be dealing with 20 animals per month,” Dr. Marvin Hays, of Button Brand Veterinary Clinic, said.“Right now we're averaging closer to 60 to 70 a month."
At Button Brand Veterinary Clinic, just a few miles down the road from Animal Village, the euthanasia rate is nearly 50%. Seven dogs were killed Tuesday morning alone, Hays said. After a puppy is dropped off at the Clinic, the county gives them 3 days to be adopted or claimed before they are euthanized because of overpopulation – a problem stemming from lack of education and owners not spaying and neutering their pets, Hays said.
The helpless faces behind cold metal cages are what Animal Village will help reduce, Aris said.
“There is redemption and we want to see a no-kill nation in the United States,” Aris said.“It's not the 1800s…you don't take a dog out and shoot him because you don't want him, you don't dump him at the pound…if you make a commitment, then you keep your commitment because these are not disposable hearts, they are treasures and they need to be treated that way."
Molly is just the first of many given a second chance at life, Aris said.
"It's a dream come true,” Aris said.“She's going to have a good, safe committed home or she's going to stay with us until she does."
Molly may eventually be trained as a therapy or guide dog, which is a possibility for many of the pets at Animal Village New Mexico if they are not adopted, Aris said.
PrintEmail
Copyright 2010 KVIA. All rights reserved. "
Again, they can't take in every dog or they would have run out of space the first week they opened.
Ronald McD

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2011

Judged:

Like I tell people all the time, "You don't need shelters if you put them in a cooking pot".
Barb Eats Dog Poo

Tularosa, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2011

Judged:

BarbMoore wrote:
Animal Village doesn't have enough space to take them all. Look at how many animals are looking for a home everyday in Alamogordo/Holloman.
Personal responsibility must be taken.
Have you met Sonny? Have you been to her shelter? Please explain why Sonny is bringing animals in from Farmington, El Paso, Roswell and other areas? If she can get her name in the paper or lots of donations for some Pit she brings it here. A few were even flown in from other states.

For locals who cannot give her fame she wants their money and a lot of it!! Why won't Sonny take animals up on days from local shelters? Do we have a shortage of Pits here? Why bring animals from other areas when we have so many needing the same care locally? This woman is a greedy witch. She is in desperate need of attention. I wish people would adopt from shelters who cannot get donations and cannot be no kill first. Especially since Sonny refuses to take any of those animals to save their lives.

Your comment really upsets me. Do you have a habit of acting like a know it all without knowing any facts? For someone who says she worked for the humane society your support for Sonny is very troubling. Rumor has it you were fired from that volunteer position, maybe that's why. Perhaps you're on her board or employed by her? Advocate for animals not people or your personal agenda. If you cared you would do more than run your mouth like a bad case of di arr hea.
Date and breed

Tularosa, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2011

Judged:

Kathie M wrote:
Monica - I just re-read your post and sorry if I misinterpreted that it was your own pet you were trying to get them to take. When I see AVNM being attacked wrongly, I do tend to get upset and I may have posted too quickly.(But I don't take back any of what I posted).
If they were abandoned animals, they still need to be taken to either the county shelter (Button Brand) or the city (Animal Control) because legally the owners have three days to claim them before they can be adopted. It would not be legal for AVNM to take a dog based on your saying that they were abandoned. Think of all the people fed up with their neighbors' dogs that might try this! As a former employee at Animal Control I did see that happen several times - twice we were able to prove it. Animal Control has had great success with their adoption events and there are several private rescues and breed rescues who work with both them and the county to keep the euthanizing numbers down.
So anyway, I apologize if I jumped to the wrong conclusion about what you posted. And I hope this explains why they can't take "abandoned" pets.
This is a bold face lie. I want to know on what days and what animals Sonny has taken from the County Pound. Name them by breed and PU please. If you cannot give this proof then shut up. Is Sonny giving you money or promising to get your name in the paper too. We all know how much you love attention. Now wonder you like Sonny so much, two peas in a pod. Perfect. Now start naming and I will call BB to check their records. Just need date of pu and breed, that shouldn't be too much to ask.

I really hope some investigative news team uncovers your lies and Sonny's as well. This is all just too much.
Ronald McD

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2011

Judged:

I've got the pressure cooker ready. Send me your excess!

“Our nearest star”

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2011

Judged:

Barb Eats Dog Poo wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you met Sonny? Have you been to her shelter? Please explain why Sonny is bringing animals in from Farmington, El Paso, Roswell and other areas? If she can get her name in the paper or lots of donations for some Pit she brings it here. A few were even flown in from other states.
For locals who cannot give her fame she wants their money and a lot of it!! Why won't Sonny take animals up on days from local shelters? Do we have a shortage of Pits here? Why bring animals from other areas when we have so many needing the same care locally? This woman is a greedy witch. She is in desperate need of attention. I wish people would adopt from shelters who cannot get donations and cannot be no kill first. Especially since Sonny refuses to take any of those animals to save their lives.
Your comment really upsets me. Do you have a habit of acting like a know it all without knowing any facts? For someone who says she worked for the humane society your support for Sonny is very troubling. Rumor has it you were fired from that volunteer position, maybe that's why. Perhaps you're on her board or employed by her? Advocate for animals not people or your personal agenda. If you cared you would do more than run your mouth like a bad case of di arr hea.
Notice that you are still a sockpuppet ball-less wonder Morris. How quaint.

“Our nearest star”

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2011

Judged:

Barb Eats Dog Poo wrote:
<quoted text>
How funny that you belive rumors? How the hell do you get fired from a volunteer position? BTW, I still have a copy of my resignation letter from the Humane Scoiety, if you'd like to see it RACQUEL.
I heard you got fired from photographing pictures of animals needing adopting from Button Brand. They just couldn't take your nutty behavior one more day.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Alamogordo Forum right now

Search the Alamogordo Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
the thought process of a liberal 3 hr wtf 10
Israel 7 hr Yvonne 221
New Topless Club Coming To Alamogordo 8 hr Heisenberg 5
Income inequality 9 hr Yvonne 64
Dr. Ben Carson 9 hr Gorky 23
The Constitution , B.O.& founding Fathers 9 hr Ralph 23
You Know Them As The Koch Brothers However 9 hr Ralph 9
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Otero County was issued at July 31 at 4:55AM MDT