California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail

Jun 5, 2010 Full story: Chain Store Age 5,117

New York City The California State Assembly on Wednesday narrowly approved a bill would make California the first state in the nation to ban single-use plastic and paper bags from being handed out free of charge at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and liquor stores.

Full Story
Zanja

Redlands, CA

#3538 May 23, 2012
coastalcutie2000 wrote:
My family has been using our own bags for a couple of years now, and trust me, it is not hard to do! In a world full of pollution this is one simple thing that will make a large impact!
Good for you. Stop making laws for everyone else.
Morris the Cat

Long Beach, CA

#3540 May 23, 2012
mexica wrote:
Who ever doesn't agree on banning plastic bag is a red neck!
If you even want to debate it you're a stupid red neck!
You're from Mayhole? No wonder you're a mess, Lupe. I hear there's a deal on Sharpies over at the 99 Cent Mart. You and your 5 kids (and I know you're just 29) should go over and take advantage...
Morris the Cat

Long Beach, CA

#3543 May 24, 2012
mexica wrote:
<quoted text>
You got it wrong it's maywood. I think was named after a white lady when this was populated by whites or something wayyy back lol but now we mexicans got it, unfortunately previous leaders did a mess of things along with white Americans dont act as if only Mexican were involved... Idiot....
CA is broke so you Mexicant's can have it back...
Just Me

Seaside, CA

#3544 May 24, 2012
If they take away the plastic bags what will I use when cleaning out the cat box?
Dr Viking Phd

Lotus, CA

#3547 May 24, 2012
Boycott Sanctuary Cities wrote:
<quoted text>
calif is broke because of the mexiscum, the democrat welfare leeches, and the greedy public worker union members
calif tax payers need to go on strike
they can spend their time reloading ammo while out on strike
@@@@@@@@@@
We (those identified as Mexicums) have won by "Occupation". Your Government. Pays, Us billions of dollars to Occupy America. Not only "THAT", "IT" (your Government) pays "US" Billions of dollars in a seperate Program for free medical, while "WE" (the minority) "Occupy",(your Land).

It is "Clear" the "Caucasions (Blanco's) have "Lost". Problem "IS", "They" (the Caucasions) are so stupid "THEY" have not figured out, that, "THEY" have lost their "COUNTRY"...

@@@@@@@@@@

There is more truth in the last sentance, then all the truth in us currency and the Presidents Oath of Office....
Joanie

Los Angeles, CA

#3548 May 24, 2012
I hope people of all races and religion can agree that plastic bags are usually translucent.

“Fix bayonettes!”

Since: Aug 08

#3549 May 24, 2012
Joanie wrote:
I hope people of all races and religion can agree that plastic bags are usually translucent.
Hey look!.....something shiny!!.

“Fix bayonettes!”

#3550 May 24, 2012
Dr Viking Phd wrote:
<quoted text>
@@@@@@@@@@
We (those identified as Mexicums) have won by "Occupation". Your Government. Pays, Us billions of dollars to Occupy America. Not only "THAT", "IT" (your Government) pays "US" Billions of dollars in a seperate Program for free medical, while "WE" (the minority) "Occupy",(your Land).
It is "Clear" the "Caucasions (Blanco's) have "Lost". Problem "IS", "They" (the Caucasions) are so stupid "THEY" have not figured out, that, "THEY" have lost their "COUNTRY"...
@@@@@@@@@@
There is more truth in the last sentance, then all the truth in us currency and the Presidents Oath of Office....
It's "sentence".

Since: May 12

United States

#3551 May 24, 2012
They want to charge because people take hand fills home and use them for trash bags in there bathrooms , that's why they want to charge.....

“Fix bayonettes!”

#3552 May 24, 2012
Berdoodave wrote:
They want to charge because people take hand fills home and use them for trash bags in there bathrooms , that's why they want to charge.....
Huh.
ytiy

United States

#3553 May 24, 2012
bah
Patriot

San Jose, CA

#3554 May 24, 2012
Dr Viking Phd wrote:
<quoted text>@@@@@@@@@@

@@@@@@@@@@

F*U*C*K U
Patriot

Escalon, CA

#3556 May 24, 2012
Boycott Sanctuary Cities wrote:
<quoted text>its not the caucasions you pathetic moron

its the democrats

considering 96% of black voters voted for ovomit
the majority of mexiscum vote democrat

that makes the democrat party the "brown" party

since none of the funny coilored losers vote republican...

the whites in the democrat party are just loser traitors

like your gavin nuisance
fairy brown etc...

its not the caucasions

stop lying

you are right about one thing tho

traitors like fairy brown and gavin nuisance are stupid

just like you are
You are right on BSC! Too bad our country is crawling with idiots like this.
I fear we are doomed :-(
Obama iger

California City, CA

#3557 May 24, 2012
The article went on to say, the chopped up bodies found in mexico were most likely butchered in the tomatoe field and not dumped. Folks these are the same tomatoes imported from mexico,(thanks to NAFTA), that we see on our produce shelves all over the United States. you know, the ones nobody buys because of the deadly insecticides sprayed on these vegetables that our Food And Drug turn their heads too. No i'm not madd. I'm just in AWW. OH MY GAWD!!! I need to let people all over the United States know about this one. Really, to be on the safe side, BOYCOTT MEXICO and Dont buy anything from HELL. Did you know the Pope went to Hell when he went to mexico. And HELL said, we will not kill any mexicans and chop them up while you are here in HELL.
shelby

Ashland, KY

#3558 May 25, 2012
Just another way to get more money from people.
Takeoutthetrash

Downey, CA

#3560 May 25, 2012
That is how the insufferable pus-and-shit-for-brains villain of my novel meets his demise, anyhow
dribble

United States

#3562 May 25, 2012
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
F*U*C*K U
I noticed, YOU found your place. Do you wear your acronem on your fore head ? or your face ? Seems you are all azz.
Cyan

Sunnyvale, CA

#3563 May 25, 2012
dribble wrote:
<quoted text>I noticed, YOU found your place. Do you wear your acronem on your fore head ? or your face ? Seems you are all azz.
At least I can spell "acronym" - who is the dumb azz???
BTW, my favorite acronym appears after my name. PHD

Since: Sep 08

#3564 May 25, 2012
Cyan wrote:
<quoted text>
At least I can spell "acronym" - who is the dumb azz???
BTW, my favorite acronym appears after my name. PHD
Gloop!
Grandpa Joe

Covina, CA

#3566 May 25, 2012
Augustus! Is that you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Adelanto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Body found off Highway 99 identified (Sep '08) Mon aolds 58
We need to start a activists group in the tular... Sun david559 1
Remembering a life in the High Desert: Joe Mathews Oct 18 dixie nourmiss 2
Chinese dairy firm has old Lindsay Olive Plant ... Oct 18 paul 1
Victorville Family Calls For Traffic Light At D... Oct 16 Packman77 2
Liquor store in felony flatts charging ebt for ... Oct 15 Concerned 3
Supervised offenders up 7 percent Updated at Oct 15 Marco 1

Adelanto News Video

Adelanto Dating
Find my Match